If Arty Were To Be Removed.

Dead Horses Dont Care If They Get Beat

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Poll: If Arty Were To Be Removed. (104 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

What would happen?

1. I'll celebrate. (55 votes [52.88%])

Percentage of vote: 52.88%

2. I'll be indifferent. (11 votes [10.58%])

Percentage of vote: 10.58%

3. I'll stop playing. (11 votes [10.58%])

Percentage of vote: 10.58%

4. I'll still play, but will probably find another game. (7 votes [6.73%])

Percentage of vote: 6.73%

5. I'll quit and find another game. (14 votes [13.46%])

Percentage of vote: 13.46%

6. Somebody will start accusing another class of being broken. (6 votes [5.77%])

Percentage of vote: 5.77%

Vote Hide poll

Genzing #1 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 03:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22243 battles

This isn't an arty hate topic, it isn't a pro arty topic. From as neutral standpoint as I can get, I'd like to simply make an assumption as to what would happen to WoT if the event of arty being removed were to ever come to fruition. These are just my guesses.

- Every tank will be able to perform their roles better. Maybe.

To elaborate, a heavy can be in a strategic spot either side scraping or poking over a hill. A medium can effectively flank without getting splash/tracked/stunned. A TD designed to snipe can snipe without getting shot over a hill when he's spotted. A light tank can flank and spot. Just examples, not concrete facts.

- Many tankers will rejoice, no more stuns, no more getting god punched, no more HE from above, no more getting tracked/stunned/losing crew in the same shot.

- No more XVM arty sniping.

- No more getting focused by 3 arty especially 155 58s.

- No more losing 500 hp or RNG blessing arty for a 1000+ dmg HE pen.

In fact, it seems like pretty positive change for WoT. I can't argue with those facts.

But this is what bothers me.

- Super heavies will thrive, they have no worry of arty tracking them mid push or hitting them in a side scraping position or peeking a hill.

- Tanks destroyers with insanely good armor will also thrive, for lack of a god hand bogging their movement.

- Light tanks will lose some value, as they have no artillery to spot for, and teammates are no always readily available to strike down far enemies which only artillery would be able to hit.

- I mentioned above that Super heavies and TDs with insanely good armor would thrive, though premium spam would negate their armor for the most part, in the case of the Maus, simply angling or side scraping would eliminate that advantage. 

- TDs that are appropriated to 'sniping' from afar would also thrive, no arty to force them to move.

These opinions are from my perspective.

What do you guys think what happen to the gameplay in WoT, how would it affect the playerbase, what would your personal opinion be?

Exiledcrow #2 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 03:13

Captain

• Players
  • 47304 battles
  • [SABOT] SABOT
The only reason I hope they remove arty is so I can watch all the [edited]ter [edited] that can't compete NOW find a new excuse for their incompetence. In other words, even more "this game is RIGGED" nonsense. Other than that guds will stay gud, tomatoes will stay tomatoes, and Dunning-Krueger will still reign supreme. 

Edited by Exiledcrow, Oct 06 2018 - 03:48.

Ash_Canadian #3 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 03:17

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 59737 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

Just stop.

Russian love arty. It is part of the PC game and will never go away.

Don't like it; go play Blitz.

Hurk #4 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 03:30

Major

• Players
  • 53528 battles
  • [KGR] KGR

View PostGenzing, on Oct 05 2018 - 19:09, said:

This isn't an arty hate topic, it isn't a pro arty topic. From as neutral standpoint as I can get, I'd like to simply make an assumption as to what would happen to WoT if the event of arty being removed were to ever come to fruition. These are just my guesses.

- Every tank will be able to perform their roles better. Maybe.

To elaborate, a heavy can be in a strategic spot either side scraping or poking over a hill. A medium can effectively flank without getting splash/tracked/stunned. A TD designed to snipe can snipe without getting shot over a hill when he's spotted. A light tank can flank and spot. Just examples, not concrete facts.

Wrong, hidden tanks of every type cause camping, not arty. 

- Many tankers will rejoice, no more stuns, no more getting god punched, no more HE from above, no more getting tracked/stunned/losing crew in the same shot.

wrong, most tankers dont care one way or another. there are ~500 vocal players about arty out of 25000 per week that play. 

- No more XVM arty sniping.

wrong, you arent removing XVM and XVM sniping is mostly a myth. very few tankers per battle run XVM. 

- No more getting focused by 3 arty especially 155 58s.

pick one, either arty are terrible players or arty are frakiing awesome players who coordinate when no one else in pubs does. 

- No more losing 500 hp or RNG blessing arty for a 1000+ dmg HE pen.

arty doesnt do this anyway, that would be the type 4/5 or the 4005/183, etc. 

In fact, it seems like pretty positive change for WoT. I can't argue with those facts.

But this is what bothers me.

- Super heavies will thrive, they have no worry of arty tracking them mid push or hitting them in a side scraping position or peeking a hill.

wrong, arty lacks the alpha to stop superheavies anyway, and no longer targets them by default because its a waste of time. 

- Tanks destroyers with insanely good armor will also thrive, for lack of a god hand bogging their movement.

they always have due to being able to snipe. 

- Light tanks will lose some value, as they have no artillery to spot for, and teammates are no always readily available to strike down far enemies which only artillery would be able to hit.

wrong, the value of lights is roughly the same since most of their damage is tanks not arty. 

- I mentioned above that Super heavies and TDs with insanely good armor would thrive, though premium spam would negate their armor for the most part, in the case of the Maus, simply angling or side scraping would eliminate that advantage. 

nothing changes here, why bother mentioning this in an arty thread? 

- TDs that are appropriated to 'sniping' from afar would also thrive, no arty to force them to move.

arty cannot force unlit tanks to move, nothing changes. 

These opinions are from my perspective.

your opnion is crap. 

What do you guys think what happen to the gameplay in WoT, how would it affect the playerbase, what would your personal opinion be?

my opinion, is that you are completely wrong and whining about nothing. because you are unwilling to accept the truth: 

arty is the least effective class in game, and if you think otherwise, you simply suck at playing. 

TsarCidron #5 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 03:33

Major

• Players
  • 6803 battles
  • [RAIDM] RAIDM
If arty were to be removed, we would call it WoT Blitz

Dirizon #6 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 03:44

Major

• Players
  • 27762 battles
  • [PINGU] PINGU

View PostTsarCidron, on Oct 05 2018 - 22:03, said:

l f  arty were to stay, and they were to fairly play it amongst only themselves vs themselves, we would call it WoWS

Dirizon #7 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 03:47

Major

• Players
  • 27762 battles
  • [PINGU] PINGU

Artillery should not be removed.

Too much, too many, have investments and equipment, laden on SPGs. Arty stays.

But....like encounter/assault/Grands  -  arty should have a settings option to turn off battles with arty

rockbutcher #8 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 03:48

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20141 battles
  • [-OPS-] -OPS-
My favourite part of OP's post is how he wrote two sentences to claim that this was a completely unopinionated question, and then 8 of his 10 "opinions" are whines/factually incorrect.

Edited by rockbutcher, Oct 06 2018 - 03:49.

Winterpeger #9 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 03:53

Major

• Players
  • 51302 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View PostDirizon, on Oct 05 2018 - 21:47, said:

Artillery should not be removed.

Too much, too many, have investments and equipment, laden on SPGs. Arty stays.

But....like encounter/assault/Grands  -  arty should have a settings option to turn off battles with arty

Not like encounter/assault/grands... as none of those types of battles limit the class of vehicles.  Also... you would have players who would set the option when they are not playing arty.  

rockbutcher #10 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 03:54

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20141 battles
  • [-OPS-] -OPS-

I guess I should have checked it out first, but I didn't.  The reasoning behind OP's post becomes clear when you check out his most played tank.

Yet another who feels that he should be able to drive around the battlefield, spamming HE like a mother with no repercussions.  Blitz is the game for you dude.

Slone #11 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 03:54

Captain

• Players
  • 19248 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

The topic is silly, WG has stated repeatedly that arty will not be removed.

So you might as well ask;

if flying tanks were introduced ...?

if laser cannons were introduced ...?

if wizard tanks were introduced ...?

if invisible tanks were introduced ...?

Dirizon #12 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 04:03

Major

• Players
  • 27762 battles
  • [PINGU] PINGU

View PostWinterpeger, on Oct 05 2018 - 22:23, said:

Not like encounter/assault/grands... as none of those types of battles limit the class of vehicles.  Also... you would have players who would set the option when they are not playing arty.  

Battles already have limitations, towards classes and tier. Nothing new.

They can definitely add this setting. They choose not too.

Gunadie #13 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 04:08

Major

• Players
  • 42154 battles
THE WHINERS WOULD FIND A SUBSTITUTE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT

Fly_Guy8791 #14 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 04:08

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18425 battles

I now just think of arty as a troll mechanic. It was something the dev's put in to allow players to troll the people actually playing in tanks.

Kinda like the invasion mechanic in the Dark Souls games... Only in Dark Souls you could chose to play offline if you simply wanted a PVE game.

shoe123 #15 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 04:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30775 battles

View PostTsarCidron, on Oct 06 2018 - 03:33, said:

didn't know blitz could be played on PC..... oh that's right it cant... facts and all.

if arty was removed...it would be called WOT, hard setting.

Thunder_Storm_713 #16 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 04:26

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13235 battles

View Postrockbutcher, on Oct 06 2018 - 14:48, said:

My favourite part of OP's post is how he wrote two sentences to claim that this was a completely unopinionated question, and then 8 of his 10 "opinions" are whines/factually incorrect.

Saying they are whines, whatever. They are "whines". However, saying that they are factually incorrect shows you are completely ignorant to how the game works.

Thunder_Storm_713 #17 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 04:26

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13235 battles

View Postshoe123, on Oct 06 2018 - 15:17, said:

didn't know blitz could be played on PC..... oh that's right it cant... facts and all.

Actually WoT Blitz can be played on PC. It's just not as good, which is why no one plays it, even with the lack of arty.

Zippit #18 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 04:27

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 18998 battles

View Postshoe123, on Oct 06 2018 - 13:17, said:

Uhhhh.

It can, facts and all.

/thread

Shortcult #19 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 04:32

Major

• Players
  • 37745 battles
If arty were to removed the crying about map design would increase by an order of magnitude.  Maybe two.

Thunder_Storm_713 #20 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 04:32

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13235 battles

View PostHurk, on Oct 06 2018 - 14:30, said:

arty is the least effective class in game, and if you think otherwise, you simply suck at playing. 

Actually, I think you'll find that people that dislike artillery tend to be better than the average player, while the typical arty apologist tends to be worse than the arty "hater", and that much more of the apologists are below average players than the haters.

Of course this is nothing factual, just some basic observations with no real substance behind them, so take them as you want, as I have no doubt in my mind that I am incorrect. Its just something I've come to notice over the years.

Also tagged with Dead, Horses, Dont, Care, If, They, Get, Beat

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users