If Arty Were To Be Removed.

Dead Horses Dont Care If They Get Beat

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Poll: If Arty Were To Be Removed. (104 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

What would happen?

1. I'll celebrate. (55 votes [52.88%])

Percentage of vote: 52.88%

2. I'll be indifferent. (11 votes [10.58%])

Percentage of vote: 10.58%

3. I'll stop playing. (11 votes [10.58%])

Percentage of vote: 10.58%

4. I'll still play, but will probably find another game. (7 votes [6.73%])

Percentage of vote: 6.73%

5. I'll quit and find another game. (14 votes [13.46%])

Percentage of vote: 13.46%

6. Somebody will start accusing another class of being broken. (6 votes [5.77%])

Percentage of vote: 5.77%

Vote Hide poll

Tuturuuu #81 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 16:41

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13448 battles
  • [TDPOI] TDPOI

View PostZoldner, on Oct 08 2018 - 15:51, said:

Arty kills this game!  One check box to play maps without arty would show you the Truth!

Makes as much sense as letting people play without TDs or LTs if they don’t like dealing with them, or side-scraping HT drivers getting to blacklist field maps: Silly idea, not to be taken seriously. 

Vulcan_Spectre #82 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 16:42

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1597 battles
  • [ACE1] ACE1

View PostGenzing, on Oct 05 2018 - 21:09, said:

This isn't an arty hate topic, it isn't a pro arty topic. From as neutral standpoint as I can get, I'd like to simply make an assumption as to what would happen to WoT if the event of arty being removed were to ever come to fruition. These are just my guesses.

- Every tank will be able to perform their roles better. Maybe.

To elaborate, a heavy can be in a strategic spot either side scraping or poking over a hill. A medium can effectively flank without getting splash/tracked/stunned. A TD designed to snipe can snipe without getting shot over a hill when he's spotted. A light tank can flank and spot. Just examples, not concrete facts.

- Many tankers will rejoice, no more stuns, no more getting god punched, no more HE from above, no more getting tracked/stunned/losing crew in the same shot.

- No more XVM arty sniping.

- No more getting focused by 3 arty especially 155 58s.

- No more losing 500 hp or RNG blessing arty for a 1000+ dmg HE pen.

In fact, it seems like pretty positive change for WoT. I can't argue with those facts.

But this is what bothers me.

- Super heavies will thrive, they have no worry of arty tracking them mid push or hitting them in a side scraping position or peeking a hill.

- Tanks destroyers with insanely good armor will also thrive, for lack of a god hand bogging their movement.

- Light tanks will lose some value, as they have no artillery to spot for, and teammates are no always readily available to strike down far enemies which only artillery would be able to hit.

- I mentioned above that Super heavies and TDs with insanely good armor would thrive, though premium spam would negate their armor for the most part, in the case of the Maus, simply angling or side scraping would eliminate that advantage. 

- TDs that are appropriated to 'sniping' from afar would also thrive, no arty to force them to move.

These opinions are from my perspective.

What do you guys think what happen to the gameplay in WoT, how would it affect the playerbase, what would your personal opinion be?

and also my IS-2 would thrive, since the top is easily pennable by arty, and of course players will star hating on TDs, due to "broken mechenics" (like arty)

Also tagged with Dead, Horses, Dont, Care, If, They, Get, Beat

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users