If Arty Were To Be Removed.

Dead Horses Dont Care If They Get Beat

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Poll: If Arty Were To Be Removed. (104 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

What would happen?

1. I'll celebrate. (55 votes [52.88%])

Percentage of vote: 52.88%

2. I'll be indifferent. (11 votes [10.58%])

Percentage of vote: 10.58%

3. I'll stop playing. (11 votes [10.58%])

Percentage of vote: 10.58%

4. I'll still play, but will probably find another game. (7 votes [6.73%])

Percentage of vote: 6.73%

5. I'll quit and find another game. (14 votes [13.46%])

Percentage of vote: 13.46%

6. Somebody will start accusing another class of being broken. (6 votes [5.77%])

Percentage of vote: 5.77%

Vote Hide poll

Thunder_Storm_713 #21 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 04:33

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13235 battles

View PostShortcult, on Oct 06 2018 - 15:32, said:

If arty were to removed the crying about map design would increase by an order of magnitude.  Maybe two.

Yeah but that's a valid point for everyone to cry about, this game would be much more enjoyable to everyone, no matter their play style or chosen class, if we had better map design. 

Winterpeger #22 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 04:34

Major

• Players
  • 51302 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View Postshoe123, on Oct 05 2018 - 22:17, said:

didn't know blitz could be played on PC..... oh that's right it cant... facts and all.

if arty was removed...it would be called WOT, hard setting.

:teethhappy: buzz wrong.... maybe you should have actually looked at the system requirements .. which debunks you claim that you can't play Blitz on PC

https://wotblitz.com...m-requirements/

Steam

Windows

• Operating System (OS): Windows 7, 8.0, 8.1, 10 
  • Processor (CPU):  2 GHz
  • Memory (RAM): 2 GB
  • Video Card: DirectX 9.0c compliant video card with 256 MB RAM
  • Storage: 3 GB available space

Windows

Minimum Desktop Requirements
  • Operating System: Windows 10 (not compatible with 7, 8 or 8.1)
  • CPU: 2 Ghz minimum 
  • RAM: 2 GB minimum 

Dirizon #23 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 04:42

Major

• Players
  • 27762 battles
  • [PINGU] PINGU

View PostHurk, on Oct 05 2018 - 22:00, said:

arty is the least effective class in game, and if you think otherwise, you simply suck at playing. 

lt is the least effective class by XP earning and damage production. For sure.

This is not the problem though.

The problem is the class is the easiest to play. lt is the easiest to learn. 

Hardest to do well in and dominate. Easiest to do passably and participate.

WhineMaker #24 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 04:46

Major

• Players
  • 35410 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View Postshoe123, on Oct 05 2018 - 19:17, said:

didn't know blitz could be played on PC..... oh that's right it cant... facts and all.

if arty was removed...it would be called WOT, easy mode.

FTFY!!!

Maybe Steam and the Windows 10 store have it all wrong, with both offering WoT Blitz. But I'm sure you're the expert on compatibility... :facepalm:

Can someone explain this myth known as XVM sniping and how I can do it with a vanilla client please... :great:

Dirizon #25 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 04:54

Major

• Players
  • 27762 battles
  • [PINGU] PINGU

l think it is more of:

lf arty was removed, "Easy mode would be removed"

People would have to try. And not stay one-thousand meters away from enemies

choSenfroZen_1 #26 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 04:57

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6336 battles
  • [GITS] GITS

View PostGenzing, on Oct 05 2018 - 18:09, said:

This isn't an arty hate topic, it isn't a pro arty topic. From as neutral standpoint as I can get, I'd like to simply make an assumption as to what would happen to WoT if the event of arty being removed were to ever come to fruition. These are just my guesses.

- Every tank will be able to perform their roles better. Maybe.

To elaborate, a heavy can be in a strategic spot either side scraping or poking over a hill. A medium can effectively flank without getting splash/tracked/stunned. A TD designed to snipe can snipe without getting shot over a hill when he's spotted. A light tank can flank and spot. Just examples, not concrete facts.

- Many tankers will rejoice, no more stuns, no more getting god punched, no more HE from above, no more getting tracked/stunned/losing crew in the same shot.

- No more XVM arty sniping.

- No more getting focused by 3 arty especially 155 58s.

- No more losing 500 hp or RNG blessing arty for a 1000+ dmg HE pen.

In fact, it seems like pretty positive change for WoT. I can't argue with those facts.

But this is what bothers me.

- Super heavies will thrive, they have no worry of arty tracking them mid push or hitting them in a side scraping position or peeking a hill.

- Tanks destroyers with insanely good armor will also thrive, for lack of a god hand bogging their movement.

- Light tanks will lose some value, as they have no artillery to spot for, and teammates are no always readily available to strike down far enemies which only artillery would be able to hit.

- I mentioned above that Super heavies and TDs with insanely good armor would thrive, though premium spam would negate their armor for the most part, in the case of the Maus, simply angling or side scraping would eliminate that advantage. 

- TDs that are appropriated to 'sniping' from afar would also thrive, no arty to force them to move.

These opinions are from my perspective.

What do you guys think what happen to the gameplay in WoT, how would it affect the playerbase, what would your personal opinion be?

what a pile.

xvm sniping, yep, 20% who have it installed, the rest just magically use it.

but he summed it up perfectly,  - TDs that are appropriated to 'sniping' from afar would also thrive, no arty to force them to move..

It would turn into a boring painful, stationary snore fest, hidden td's and invisible heavies, making sure the first who moves goes back to garage sobbing because the meanghost td ruined his game, boo hoo, within 6 months, this whine would change from sob arty was mean to please oh please WG only 3 td's per team, then OMFG, more than 1 td ruins my game, snivel snivel. Please WG get rid of td's. and on, until we get the Atari game Tanks.

oh and by the way, why bother with a poll, if all you are doing is asking for people to agree with you , instead of asking questions to see what the opinion is.

Edited by choSenfroZen_1, Oct 06 2018 - 05:00.

Thunder_Storm_713 #27 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 05:01

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13235 battles

View PostWhineMaker, on Oct 06 2018 - 15:46, said

Can someone explain this myth known as XVM sniping

Wow you actually managed to make yourself more unlikable.

scHnuuudle_bop #28 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 05:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 18728 battles

Well, I would just quit. 

I am looking at the COD WW2, it looks fun, get my self the mortar team, and I hear the grenade launchers are very popular with the players online.

Thunder_Storm_713 #29 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 05:07

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13235 battles

View PostchoSenfroZen_1, on Oct 06 2018 - 15:57, said:

what a pile.

but he summed it up perfectly,  - TDs that are appropriated to 'sniping' from afar would also thrive, no arty to force them to move..

It would turn into a boring painful, stationary snore fest, hidden td's and invisible heavies, making sure the first who moves goes back to garage sobbing because the meanghost td ruined his game, boo hoo, within 6 months, this whine would change from sob arty was mean to please oh please WG only 3 td's per team, then OMFG, more than 1 td ruins my game, snivel snivel. Please WG get rid of td's. and on, until we get the Atari game Tanks.

oh and by the way, why bother with a poll, if all you are doing is asking for people to agree with you , instead of asking questions to see what the opinion is.

I don't think this would be the case at all. TD's are easily outplayed if you have some knowledge of the game, especially if they are camping (since it's usually bad players that camp in their TD's). Camping overall makes you less effective and reduces the chance of your team winning. So please, remove arty if it means more tanks will camp on the enemy team, I welcome the farm.

commander42 #30 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 05:08

Major

• Players
  • 25195 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

View PostDirizon, on Oct 05 2018 - 21:47, said:

Artillery should not be removed.

Too much, too many, have investments and equipment, laden on SPGs. Arty stays.

But....like encounter/assault/Grands  -  arty should have a settings option to turn off battles with arty

sure as soon as there is an option for Tds/mediums

scHnuuudle_bop #31 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 05:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 18728 battles

View PostThunder_Storm_713, on Oct 06 2018 - 05:07, said:

I don't think this would be the case at all. TD's are easily outplayed if you have some knowledge of the game, especially if they are camping (since it's usually bad players that camp in their TD's). Camping overall makes you less effective and reduces the chance of your team winning. So please, remove arty if it means more tanks will camp on the enemy team, I welcome the farm.

- TDs that are appropriated to 'sniping' from afar would also thrive, no arty to force them to move.

Oh my gad, did you read what you just posted?  He says a large benefit would be that TD's camping would be enhanced, because no one would get them to move. How on earth do you flank in maps with 3 corridors, each end, having 3 or 4 tanks and behind them 3 or 4 td's. whoever moves, get smacked about and destroyed, outplayed. That is funny.

A primary job of artillery is to get those camping td's to move, because no one can or it is just faster and will save team HP and guns. 

Out played, you are hilarious.

https://en.wikipedia...Camping_(gaming)

Edited by scHnuuudle_bop, Oct 06 2018 - 05:21.

Elevendy #32 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 05:47

Major

• -Players-
  • 21747 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostchoSenfroZen_1, on Oct 05 2018 - 19:57, said:

what a pile.

You're on crack if you think artillery actually shoots TDs and not aggressive heavy and medium players.

I would imagine you would know that since every 1 out of 10 games you play is in an artillery piece.

Thunder_Storm_713 #33 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 05:59

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13235 battles

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on Oct 06 2018 - 16:14, said:

Oh my gad, did you read what you just posted?  He says a large benefit would be that TD's camping would be enhanced, because no one would get them to move. How on earth do you flank in maps with 3 corridors, each end, having 3 or 4 tanks and behind them 3 or 4 td's. whoever moves, get smacked about and destroyed, outplayed. That is funny.

A primary job of artillery is to get those camping td's to move, because no one can or it is just faster and will save team HP and guns. 

Out played, you are hilarious.

https://en.wikipedia...Camping_(gaming)

Well maybe you wouldn't be able to outplay the campers, but is there anything you CAN outplay?

Hellsfog #34 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 06:06

Major

• Players
  • 35134 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostchoSenfroZen_1, on Oct 05 2018 - 22:57, said:

what a pile.

You describe exactly what we frequently get now. Arty doesn't fire at hidden TDs or invisible heavies. Nobody does, which because they are hidden or invisible. What arty typically does is fire at the same visible tanks until they hide behind something and then arty fixates on the next visible target or follow some poor player around the map the entire match. Arty punishes active play and slows the game down. It punishes the aggressive play which tends to reveal hidden TDs.

The premise of this thread is idiotic but this post is the winner. 

Pipinghot #35 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 06:19

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostGenzing, on Oct 05 2018 - 21:09, said:

This isn't an arty hate topic, it isn't a pro arty topic. From as neutral standpoint as I can get

In that case you are truly awful at being neutral. Everything you said was objectively incorrect, and was already completely debunked by Hurk. Since you're obviously incapable of being neutral about arty, you shouldn't try, you're just going to fail at it.

You have every right to dislike arty, it's your presonal preference and you're entitled to it. But at least be honest enough with yourself to know that you can't be neutral and you're never going to be honest about the facts.

Pipinghot #36 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 06:22

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostThunder_Storm_713, on Oct 05 2018 - 22:32, said:

View PostHurk, on Oct 06 2018 - 14:30, said:

arty is the least effective class in game, and if you think otherwise, you simply suck at playing. 

Actually, I think you'll find that people that dislike artillery tend to be better than the average player, while the typical arty apologist tends to be worse than the arty "hater", and that much more of the apologists are below average players than the haters.

Of course this is nothing factual, just some basic observations with no real substance behind them, so take them as you want, as I have no doubt in my mind that I am incorrect. Its just something I've come to notice over the years.

Even if your assessment of players' opinions is true (and I'm not saying it is, since it's purely subjective) the first point that Hurk made is undeniably correct. It's simply a fact that "arty is the least effective class in game", which means that all of the arty haters are complaining about something that is objectively the smallest possible problem for their ability to win battles.

Thunder_Storm_713 #37 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 06:28

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13235 battles

View PostPipinghot, on Oct 06 2018 - 17:22, said:

Even if your assessment of players' opinions is true (and I'm not saying it is, since it's purely subjective) the first point that Hurk made is undeniably correct. It's simply a fact that "arty is the least effective class in game", which means that all of the arty haters are complaining about something that is objectively the smallest possible problem for their ability to win battles.

"Arty is the least effective class in the game".

It also has the highest chance of ruining a good carry out of all classes, due to the large splash that can hurt you behind "arty safe" cover, the increased crew damage and the stun. 

It is also undeniably the easiest class to play. Bad players can do decent in arty fairly easily.

It is also the most difficult class to outplay. You can easily outflank a turretless TD, perma-track a superheavy while circling it, outspot an enemy light tank using an aggressive bush. What can you do for arty? Other than hide and reduce the impact you have on the battle.

SnakePliskan #38 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 06:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27 battles

View Postshoe123, on Oct 06 2018 - 04:17, said:

if arty was removed...it would be called WOT, hard setting.

Yes it can an I do play it on my PC

WhineMaker #39 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 06:47

Major

• Players
  • 35410 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostThunder_Storm_713, on Oct 05 2018 - 20:01, said:

Wow you actually managed to make yourself more unlikable.

I must have missed the memo where I needed to be liked by you... :facepalm:

Still need someone to show me how to XVM snipe with a vanilla client... 

So, to me and many others without XVM installed, XVM sniping is nothing but a myth the whiners need to claim as something that is holding their precious stats to an artificially low level... :P

But deep down, we know the truth... :ohmy:

View PostThunder_Storm_713, on Oct 05 2018 - 21:28, said:

"Arty is the least effective class in the game".

It also has the highest chance of ruining a good carry out of all classes, due to the large splash that can hurt you behind "arty safe" cover, the increased crew damage and the stun. 

It is also undeniably the easiest class to play. Bad players can do decent in arty fairly easily.

It is also the most difficult class to outplay. You can easily outflank a turretless TD, perma-track a superheavy while circling it, outspot an enemy light tank using an aggressive bush. What can you do for arty? Other than hide and reduce the impact you have on the battle.

Sounds like those bright red 'mater players, in arty, is consistently outplaying you... :hiding:

Haruhi_Suzumiya_ #40 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 06:57

Major

• Players
  • 34937 battles

View PostGunadie, on Oct 06 2018 - 04:08, said:

THE WHINERS WOULD FIND A SUBSTITUTE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT

There's always things to fix. "Whining" gets the attention of the company to improve their game, if whining didn't exist we players would get the shaft and the game would be the same as when it came out. It just so happens that artillery is the top 3 biggest and longest lasting problems for players who understand the game better than you.

View PostWhineMaker, on Oct 06 2018 - 06:47, said:

I must have missed the memo where I needed to be liked by you... :facepalm:

Still need someone to show me how to XVM snipe with a vanilla client... 

So, to me and many others without XVM installed, XVM sniping is nothing but a myth the whiners need to claim as something that is holding their precious stats to an artificially low level... :P

But deep down, we know the truth... :ohmy:

Sounds like those bright red 'mater players, in arty, is consistently outplaying you... :hiding:

You're so grotesquely and willfully ignorant that I won't bother giving you a proper reply, it just won't have any effect if after 33,000 battles and 3700 forum posts over 7 years you're still in this poor state. 

Also tagged with Dead, Horses, Dont, Care, If, They, Get, Beat

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users