If Arty Were To Be Removed.

Dead Horses Dont Care If They Get Beat

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Poll: If Arty Were To Be Removed. (111 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

What would happen?

1. I'll celebrate. (60 votes [54.05%])

Percentage of vote: 54.05%

2. I'll be indifferent. (12 votes [10.81%])

Percentage of vote: 10.81%

3. I'll stop playing. (11 votes [9.91%])

Percentage of vote: 9.91%

4. I'll still play, but will probably find another game. (7 votes [6.31%])

Percentage of vote: 6.31%

5. I'll quit and find another game. (14 votes [12.61%])

Percentage of vote: 12.61%

6. Somebody will start accusing another class of being broken. (7 votes [6.31%])

Percentage of vote: 6.31%

Vote Hide poll

TpainT #61 Posted Oct 07 2018 - 15:55

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 32433 battles

View PostProfessionalFinn, on Oct 07 2018 - 08:33, said:

70%? Where did you get this number again? Someplace dark and skanky?

Surely you are not this dumb.

Edited by TpainT, Oct 07 2018 - 16:11.

Shortcult #62 Posted Oct 07 2018 - 17:22

Major

• Players
  • 37752 battles

View PostTpainT, on Oct 07 2018 - 06:55, said:

Surely you are not this dumb.

Despite evidence to the contrary?

spud_tuber #63 Posted Oct 07 2018 - 17:36

Major

• Players
  • 58445 battles

View PostShortcult, on Oct 05 2018 - 21:32, said:

If arty were to removed the crying about map design would increase by an order of magnitude.  Maybe two.

Amazing how much map design can play into other issues.  Premium ammo, armor vs mobility, arty, camo vs VR,  etc.

spud_tuber #64 Posted Oct 07 2018 - 17:39

Major

• Players
  • 58445 battles

View PostDirizon, on Oct 05 2018 - 21:42, said:

lt is the least effective class by XP earning and damage production. For sure.

This is not the problem though.

The problem is the class is the easiest to play. lt is the easiest to learn. 

Hardest to do well in and dominate. Easiest to do passably and participate.

But is this a problem? And if it is, does that mean those tanks and/or classes that are hardest to play passably, but easiest to dominate in if you're really good, are also a problem? 

Shortcult #65 Posted Oct 07 2018 - 18:18

Major

• Players
  • 37752 battles

View Postspud_tuber, on Oct 07 2018 - 08:36, said:

Amazing how much map design can play into other issues.  Premium ammo, armor vs mobility, arty, camo vs VR,  etc.

Is it that it's amazing or how few recognize its importance?

spud_tuber #66 Posted Oct 07 2018 - 18:56

Major

• Players
  • 58445 battles

View PostShortcult, on Oct 07 2018 - 11:18, said:

Is it that it's amazing or how few recognize its importance?

Hmmm,  some of the former, some of the latter, I guess. 

Bear031 #67 Posted Oct 07 2018 - 19:10

Captain

• Players
  • 1655 battles

View PostDirizon, on Oct 05 2018 - 20:47, said:

Artillery should not be removed.

Too much, too many, have investments and equipment, laden on SPGs. Arty stays.

But....like encounter/assault/Grands  -  arty should have a settings option to turn off battles with arty

I think if WG offered arty players the full credits spent on arty refunded and all exp spend put in free exp, many would be happy

the_Deadly_Bulb #68 Posted Oct 07 2018 - 19:10

Major

• Players
  • 27288 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

OP, your poll is incomplete.

You forgot the option,

I'll find another class to whine about.

You have several choices,

TD terror

Heavy hatred

Medium malice

LT loathing

Tuturuuu #69 Posted Oct 07 2018 - 19:24

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14572 battles
  • [TDPOI] TDPOI

Attrition via artillery barrage is a strategy: Removing it would deprive the game of variety and strategic depth. It's not fun to get nuked when you're camping at 70 km/h in your light tanks, or for a trio of artillery to play your roof like a kettle drum, but it's part of the dish that you order when playing World of Tanks. I could live without the odd game in my M44 or FV304: I'm not the biggest fan of playing artillery. I *would* sorely miss instances where I scout a tank I have no hopes of fighting head-on and watch them get tag-teamed by my artillery, or times when a target just needs that last little bit of HP shaved off.

I personally think that the outright removal of artillery would hurt the game.

Edited by Tuturuuu, Oct 07 2018 - 19:29.

Shortcult #70 Posted Oct 07 2018 - 19:26

Major

• Players
  • 37752 battles

View PostTuturuuu, on Oct 07 2018 - 10:24, said:

Attrition via artillery barrage is a strategy: Removing it would deprive the game of variety and strategic depth. It's not fun to get nuked when you're camping ast 70 km/h in your light tanks, or for a trio of artillery to play your roof like a kettle drum, but it's part of the dish that you order when playing World of Tanks. I could live without the odd game in my M44 or FV304: I'm not the biggest fan of playing artillery. I *would* sorely miss instances where I scout a tank I have no hopes of fight head-on and watch them get tag-teamed by my artillery, or times when a target just needs that last little bit of HP shaved off.

I personally think that the outright removal of artillery would hurt the game.

Schnuuu, Finn this is how you do it.

Good post.

Fly_Guy8791 #71 Posted Oct 07 2018 - 19:35

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18752 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Oct 07 2018 - 12:10, said:

You forgot the option,

TD terror

Heavy hatred

Medium malice

LT loathing

I guess people should just learn to play "tank safe"

Whistling_Death_ #72 Posted Oct 07 2018 - 20:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 64618 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

I quit coming to this Forum because of all the ignorant artillery-whiners and their dumb polls, over and over and over, flooding the Forum with their crap.  I come back to the Forum and what do I see? Another artillery-whining poll flooding the Forum with the same old horse manure!

You're doing a great job of killing this game artillery-whiners!

Edited by Whistling_Death_, Oct 07 2018 - 20:09.

RaaRaa_xD #73 Posted Oct 07 2018 - 20:54

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5990 battles
  • [Y0UJ0] Y0UJ0
If arty were removed I would spend more money on this game, and it enjoy much more. 

Kerosedge #74 Posted Oct 07 2018 - 21:26

Captain

• Players
  • 21395 battles
  • [CRIMZ] CRIMZ
I'd hope they'd bring something worse into the game like personal arty strikes. Really give you pathetic moaners something to cry about.

Genzing #75 Posted Oct 07 2018 - 22:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23430 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Oct 07 2018 - 10:10, said:

You forgot the option,

TD terror

Heavy hatred

Medium malice

LT loathing

Duely noted, will add that! :hiding:

the_Deadly_Bulb #76 Posted Oct 07 2018 - 23:24

Major

• Players
  • 27288 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostGenzing, on Oct 07 2018 - 13:40, said:

Duely noted, will add that! :hiding:

Now voted! :honoring:

AZandEL #77 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 04:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30087 battles

View PostGenzing, on Oct 06 2018 - 02:09, said:

This isn't an arty hate topic, it isn't a pro arty topic. From as neutral standpoint as I can get, I'd like to simply make an assumption as to what would happen to WoT if the event of arty being removed were to ever come to fruition. These are just my guesses.

- Every tank will be able to perform their roles better. Maybe.

To elaborate, a heavy can be in a strategic spot either side scraping or poking over a hill. A medium can effectively flank without getting splash/tracked/stunned. A TD designed to snipe can snipe without getting shot over a hill when he's spotted. A light tank can flank and spot. Just examples, not concrete facts.

- Many tankers will rejoice, no more stuns, no more getting god punched, no more HE from above, no more getting tracked/stunned/losing crew in the same shot.

- No more XVM arty sniping.

- No more getting focused by 3 arty especially 155 58s.

- No more losing 500 hp or RNG blessing arty for a 1000+ dmg HE pen.

In fact, it seems like pretty positive change for WoT. I can't argue with those facts.

But this is what bothers me.

- Super heavies will thrive, they have no worry of arty tracking them mid push or hitting them in a side scraping position or peeking a hill.

- Tanks destroyers with insanely good armor will also thrive, for lack of a god hand bogging their movement.

- Light tanks will lose some value, as they have no artillery to spot for, and teammates are no always readily available to strike down far enemies which only artillery would be able to hit.

- I mentioned above that Super heavies and TDs with insanely good armor would thrive, though premium spam would negate their armor for the most part, in the case of the Maus, simply angling or side scraping would eliminate that advantage. 

- TDs that are appropriated to 'sniping' from afar would also thrive, no arty to force them to move.

These opinions are from my perspective.

What do you guys think what happen to the gameplay in WoT, how would it affect the playerbase, what would your personal opinion be?

Go play Blitz

Genzing #78 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 06:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23430 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

View PostAZandEL, on Oct 07 2018 - 19:00, said:

Go play Blitz

What for? I actually enjoy playing arty.

Trauglodyte #79 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 15:13

Major

• -Players-
  • 23246 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View PostThunder_Storm_713, on Oct 06 2018 - 04:32, said:

Actually, I think you'll find that people that dislike artillery tend to be better than the average player, while the typical arty apologist tends to be worse than the arty "hater", and that much more of the apologists are below average players than the haters.

Of course this is nothing factual, just some basic observations with no real substance behind them, so take them as you want, as I have no doubt in my mind that I am incorrect. Its just something I've come to notice over the years.

Actually, the point that you're trying to make is a point that counters the point that you're trying to make.  WoT is a team based game.  Despite the greater portion of the populace playing as such, this is still 15 vs 15 with the game basis being designed so that each team works together to win the match.  It doesn't matter if it is a pub game, clan wars, etc.  The end result is the same:  work together to achieve the objectives.  Where your point falls apart is that artillery affects a player's ability to carry - your words.  Ergo, it affects the ONE out of the MANY.  See the problem here?  Artillery is a team support weapon, which it is good at doing.  If I nail a single target and do 100-200 damage in my GW Panther, which I swear shoots cotton balls, exactly what am I doing to that tier 9 Heavy?  What you're truly saying is that artillery affects a single player's ability to do what they want which is the entire point.  Artillery is there to slow down and debuff enemy targets.  While it should be more designed to impact multiple tanks, even a single tank with a stun effect on it helps the artillery player's team to win.  That shot, with or without damage, has now lessened your combat capacity and, by affect, increased the friendly team's units because you're less capable of doing your normal damage output.

What the anti-artillery crowd, especially the high end players, continue to fail to grasp is this:  WarGaming doesn't care about the individual player because this isn't a FPS game made up of individuals battling for individual glory.  This is a team game whose objects are dependent upon team play.  As such, there is a tool in game which helps support their team by reducing the capabilities of the enemy players, outside of outright killing them.  THAT is what WG wants.  Again, they don't care about your selfish desire to farm idiot players nor do they care about your feelings on how you individually get impacted by a mechanic that they put in the game from the beginning.  Hell, artillery exists to help keep the good to great players in check so they don't overly bully those that aren't good enough to defend themselves or, in the 3/5/7 template environment, simply can't because they're overmatched.  1 does not equal 15.  So, quit complaining about the "you" and get on board with the "we".  For all of the anti-artillery complaining, I've yet to see a post on this forum or that on Reddit where some super unicum comes in raging about how much they hate shooting tracked vehicles or those that are stunned.  Funny how that is.

Now, if someone wants to bring up a conversation about how artillery still isn't working the way that they redesigned it, I'm on board with that.  I love artillery and even I feel like there are issues.  I'll be right there with the anti-artillery crowd shoutin got the heavens about how artillery needs to be equally affected by the team damage rules.  And, I'm right there with the feeling that 3x artillery is too rancid for the game and that coding needs to be put into place to limit the numbers, based upon the map and tier.  But, if anyone is going to come to the board and complain about how someone is ruining their individual fun, then I'm going to draw the line and push back.  This game isn't about you - remember that!

Zoldner #80 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 15:51

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 44529 battles
Arty kills this game!  One check box to play maps without arty would show you the Truth!

Also tagged with Dead, Horses, Dont, Care, If, They, Get, Beat

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users