On Track to Tier X-Did I actually complete this?

missions rushing down the line on track mission on track to tier 10

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

AbramsWannabe #1 Posted Oct 07 2018 - 15:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 28900 battles
  • [_DDM] _DDM

I have always found the mission mechanics confusing, and intentionally avoided them, save for the ones that organically occur. But recently I made a decision to set aside my bias and attempt the latest On Track to Tier 10 (for the K-91). To date i have completed:

• This Track Leads to the Armory
  • Equip Your Tank, Part I and II
  • On Track to Tier X

This is clearly indicated in green as "completed". Where the confusion exists:

• Completed 153 Getting Your Crew on Track... what is the goal here? It is repeatable but to what end? How do you define success?
  • Completed 9 Rushing down the Line...... what is the goal here? It is repeatable but to what end? How do you define success?

Are these merely subsets of the entire mission, or does success overall depend on these too? And, how is mission success recognized? Do I get a pop-up with a notification, do I wait until the mission ends on the 15th and magically the new tank appears in my garage?

Many thanks for sharing your insights as to this mission.

nuclearguy931 #2 Posted Oct 07 2018 - 15:25

Major

• Players
  • 83585 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

It looks like while you're working on the On Track Missions you have actually also completed a few of the Campaign missions.

Simply click on the Missions or Campaign options from the garage to check on your progress through these.

Good luck.

dominator_98 #3 Posted Oct 07 2018 - 15:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 23618 battles
  • [TL-DR] TL-DR

View PostAbramsWannabe, on Oct 07 2018 - 08:17, said:

I have always found the mission mechanics confusing, and intentionally avoided them, save for the ones that organically occur. But recently I made a decision to set aside my bias and attempt the latest On Track to Tier 10 (for the K-91). To date i have completed:

• This Track Leads to the Armory
  • This one is the end of the mission set. You've earned the combined 250,000 xp and got the reward premium, it's the final mission and the only one you grind to achieve, the others are all bonuses that come on the way to getting this mission completed.
  • Equip Your Tank, Part I and II
  • On Track to Tier X

This is clearly indicated in green as "completed". Where the confusion exists:

• Completed 153 Getting Your Crew on Track... what is the goal here? It is repeatable but to what end? How do you define success?
  • That's infinitely repeatable, it's just rewarding you with extra crew xp every time you do well enough. Use it to grind crew skills faster as much as you care to.
  • Completed 9 Rushing down the Line...... what is the goal here? It is repeatable but to what end? How do you define success?
  • Same as the previous mission, it gives extra combat xp infinitely to help you get out of the lower tiers faster. You can use it to grind convertible xp faster as much as you care to.

Are these merely subsets of the entire mission, or does success overall depend on these too? And, how is mission success recognized? Do I get a pop-up with a notification, do I wait until the mission ends on the 15th and magically the new tank appears in my garage?

Many thanks for sharing your insights as to this mission.

I'd define "success" as far as these missions go as purchasing the K-91 while still on discount, as the entire point of the missions is to speed your grind towards a tier 10 tank and reward you for grinding it out.

WaywardChild #4 Posted Oct 07 2018 - 16:58

Captain

• Players
  • 40016 battles
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_
Yup, nothing "Magically appears" in your garage. All you earn is the right to buy (rent) the Tier X at a 30% discount from standard cost.

Au_leui_panzer #5 Posted Oct 07 2018 - 17:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33648 battles

the ontrack is 25k exp to complete one time, for 10 total needed, so thats 250k(?) to complete all 10. 

the 'rushing up the line' is a 1.3exp boost for fulfiling. its for up to t/7. and the 'getting your crew on track' is a crew exp bonus for fulfilling. for 8 and above. each one of these is damage 2 enemy vehicles in a battle to pick up bonus. boosters during the ontrack intending for you to make it as high as you go, and/or help to get to the 10. 

you have 21k battles its not new to you.

if you completed all 10 of the 25k exp missions, your armory box gets a 1/1 completed.  

Byracki #6 Posted Oct 07 2018 - 17:34

Captain

• Players
  • 33766 battles

View PostAbramsWannabe, on Oct 07 2018 - 14:17, said:

It is amazing what you can learn by simply clicking on the missions and reading:

The base mission is "On Track to Tier X" - Click on it:

You will see that it takes 25,000 XP to complete.

You will see the listed battle modes that count towards the mission.

You will see it can completed 10 times.

You will see the list of vehicles that count towards this mission.

You will see the rewards - a Special Token and a bunch of consumables - EACH time you complete the 25,000 XP, you will receive a special token and the consumables.

The others missions in the event you complete by doing multiple "On Track to Tier X":

Equip your Tank part 1 - Collect 4 tokens by completing On Track to Tier X four times.

Equip your Tank part 2 - Collect 8 tokens by completing On Track to Tier X eight times.

This Track Leads to the Armory - Collect 10 tokens by completing On Track to Tier X ten times.

The other two missions listed there are bonuses that can apply to every battle:

If you view "rushing down the Line", you will see that if you damage 2 enemies in tier 2-7 of the line you will get 1.3x (30% more) your XP for the battle.

If you view "getting your crew on track", you will see that the requirement of damage 2 enemies is the same, but now it is in tier 8-10 of the line and you will get 2x crew XP for the battle.

tod914 #7 Posted Oct 07 2018 - 18:45

Major

• Players
  • 66077 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS
I'll end up getting the tier 2 premium, but only complete it as far as acquiring the tier 9.  Been getting trolled hard with low rolls in the tier 7 and 8.  Painful grind to say the least.  This will be my last on-track for some time.  Congrads OP.

Edited by tod914, Oct 07 2018 - 18:47.

Au_leui_panzer #8 Posted Oct 07 2018 - 19:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33648 battles
if you complete the armory mission, i recall you may get a/the free tank, its usually a 3, for the russ' its usually a 127, i already have one so as usual its something like 320k cred listed as a reward, actually small compensation considering what it takes to get 250exp. esp the cred cost, consider how much gold you use doing a mission set like this. the 127 is nice, if you complete the armory, ie 10 missions, i think it gets rewarded into your garage, and the slot. when you complete. 

AbramsWannabe #9 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 01:37

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 28900 battles
  • [_DDM] _DDM

Thanks for all the helpful responses... and even the sarcasm :-)  So my understanding is I'll have the ability to buy the tank at a discount, assuming I complete the grind (still over 150K). Do I have to accomplish by the 15th deadline or was merely the complete mission by date to take advantage of the discounted price?

Thanks once again.

spud_tuber #10 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 03:28

Major

• Players
  • 60466 battles

View PostAbramsWannabe, on Oct 07 2018 - 18:37, said:

Thanks for all the helpful responses... and even the sarcasm :-)  So my understanding is I'll have the ability to buy the tank at a discount, assuming I complete the grind (still over 150K). Do I have to accomplish by the 15th deadline or was merely the complete mission by date to take advantage of the discounted price?

Thanks once again.

The entire line is discounted only during the event.   You do not need to complete any missions to access the discounts, but neither can you "save" the discount for later.  You simply need to have the tank(s) researched, have enough credits, and purchase it(them) during the event to access the discounts

Though, if WG would offer a saveable discount like those from the 2 previous holiday events as the final reward for the on track, that would be pretty cool, wouldn't it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users