Jump to content


somthing is REALLY wrong with the RNG , since last patch!

NRG

  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Trippledot #1 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 17:59

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 20675 battles
  • 31
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014

Hi, I never care about RNG when I play as it wasn't that "visible" when you play.

in the last 2 patches, it becomes VISIBLE ! which make it really suck to play. 

 

"what do you mean by "visible" ? I will explain:

it becomes very obvious when you need to lose a game. all the "bad" stuff will happen to you on the same game ( or games) to make you lose it. statistics wise it cannot be!

it cannot be that 3 games in a raw first shot light you on fire. it cannot be that your bounce percentage suddenly triple itself and i can give many more examples which suddenly happen all together!.

 

guys you are KILLING the game with this forced formula! please give us back to the old game when you play and win by how you play.

today its very clear to guess when NRG whats you to lose = and its KILLING the game.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Vulcan_Spectre #2 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 18:02

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 3825 battles
  • 619
  • [XGD] XGD
  • Member since:
    12-25-2017
or................... they got lucky

Jambijon #3 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 18:04

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 3666 battles
  • 572
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014
I assume you are referring to RNG (Random number generator).  That's exactly what it is, random.  There is no hidden statics that "make" you lose games. If you wouldn't mind, can you upload a replay so we can review it?

dnaman #4 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 18:06

    Captain

  • Players
  • 32160 battles
  • 1,821
  • [CRZY] CRZY
  • Member since:
    06-09-2013
I’ve has strings of games where EVERY first hit game after game for 3-4 in a row is an ammo rack.  When you experience this it sure feels contrived.  I’m still going to assume it’s confirmation bias, but man, I feel what you’re talking about.  It feels bad when it happens.

Nunya_000 #5 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 18:06

    Major

  • Players
  • 21138 battles
  • 13,771
  • [PACNW] PACNW
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013

View PostJambijon, on Oct 08 2018 - 09:04, said:

I assume you are referring to RNG (Random number generator).  That's exactly what it is, random.  There is no hidden statics that "make" you lose games. If you wouldn't mind, can you upload a replay so we can review it?

 

Don't hold your breath.  They never have replays.....only hyperbole.

tod914 #6 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 18:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 64247 battles
  • 6,311
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013

View PostJambijon, on Oct 08 2018 - 12:04, said:

I assume you are referring to RNG (Random number generator).  That's exactly what it is, random.  There is no hidden statics that "make" you lose games. If you wouldn't mind, can you upload a replay so we can review it?

 

It doesn't seem too random when you get two weeks of low rolls.

heavymetal1967 #7 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 18:12

    Major

  • Players
  • 71534 battles
  • 21,066
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

Goodness we have an...

 

 

 



Jolly33 #8 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 18:12

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 44082 battles
  • 352
  • Member since:
    11-14-2012

He's figured it out...WG has decided that out of hundreds of thousands of players they will pick him and give him crap games.  Guess he must have messed with someone's daughter.

 



rich73 #9 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 18:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 55701 battles
  • 6,488
  • Member since:
    10-17-2011
He is right.I have never had so many point blank shots miss giving the advantage to the enemy.WGng is out of control.Game manipulation is too blatant nowadays.

Trippledot #10 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 18:44

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 20675 battles
  • 31
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014

View PostJolly33, on Oct 08 2018 - 18:12, said:

He's figured it out...WG has decided that out of hundreds of thousands of players they will pick him and give him crap games.  Guess he must have messed with someone's daughter.

 

 

its not about picking me or someone else. it becomes more and more obvious that WG decided to "try" splitting the win/lose "evenly" between the players, so players will stay (regardless if they are good or really bad).

I think they didn't take in consideration, that when the game starts to looks really far from been "fair" this is when players are leaving. 

 

we all playing online games and understand very well when its statistical reason and its not.

I'm playing WOT for many years and I'm telling you --> something is different with the RNG (they can remove the word random for it, that's for sure).,



noboater #11 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 19:00

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 34451 battles
  • 217
  • [J4F] J4F
  • Member since:
    10-30-2013

View Postrich73, on Oct 08 2018 - 17:27, said:

He is right.I have never had so many point blank shots miss giving the advantage to the enemy.WGng is out of control.Game manipulation is too blatant nowadays.

 

This ^. I can usually predict the outcome after my first two or three shots. I have a few extra Jiffy Pop hats available on request.    :hiding:

VooDooKobra #12 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 19:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 9817 battles
  • 5,619
  • [MOVE] MOVE
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011

View PostTrippledot, on Oct 08 2018 - 10:44, said:

 

its not about picking me or someone else. it becomes more and more obvious that WG decided to "try" splitting the win/lose "evenly" between the players, so players will stay (regardless if they are good or really bad).

I think they didn't take in consideration, that when the game starts to looks really far from been "fair" this is when players are leaving. 

 

we all playing online games and understand very well when its statistical reason and its not.

I'm playing WOT for many years and I'm telling you --> something is different with the RNG (they can remove the word random for it, that's for sure).,

 

and yet noone has actually proven they are doing that.  there are lots of opinions but no proof.   the only time i have had three times set on fire first shot was 2 things HE and bad positioning.  you saying that cant happen three games in a row?  its like those who say losing streaks are not random but they forget that they have new teammates every game.  or they bring up the coin flip.  a better test would be 30 coins or dice split into 2 cups and shaken.  you will get one cup getting streaks even though it is random

Undertanker15 #13 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 19:32

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 5958 battles
  • 108
  • [XFOGX] XFOGX
  • Member since:
    05-20-2015

View Posttod914, on Oct 08 2018 - 18:10, said:

 

It doesn't seem too random when you get two weeks of low rolls.

 

I have had a week of it. :hiding:

death_stryker #14 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 20:09

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 4575 battles
  • 736
  • [LUCID] LUCID
  • Member since:
    05-23-2014
Echo...Echo...Echo...Echo..Echo...

Silvers_ #15 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 20:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 48915 battles
  • 5,461
  • [REL-A] REL-A
  • Member since:
    06-12-2012

Hmm sounds like confirmation bias. Crap happens in a RNG. what you call "bad" rng is just their "good" rng. But then againit's also funny how decent/good players (yes xvm wise) can make RNG work for them for the most part.

 



cloudwalkr #16 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 20:29

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 56092 battles
  • 5,902
  • Member since:
    04-05-2011

View Posttod914, on Oct 08 2018 - 18:10, said:

 

It doesn't seem too random when you get two weeks of low rolls.

 

Then you wouldn't mind posting spreadsheets of the last 2 weeks of every round fired?  Thanks...

 

Also, the thing with the RNG, OP, is that it swings wildly.  So your RNG is a little bad this game and the enemy is a little good...that will be a huge effect.  I've seen a lot of people suggest that +/- 25% is a bit much and I tend to agree.  I'd like to see tests done with +/- 20,17,and even 15%.  I believe that would allow tank armor to matter more because it would require more precise aiming to hit spots on tanks.  It would also make hitting those spots you aim at more consistent if you are able to aim well enough, which is promoting skill in the game in my opinion.  


Edited by cloudwalkr, Oct 12 2018 - 05:09.


Trippledot #17 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 20:43

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 20675 battles
  • 31
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014

View Postnoboater, on Oct 08 2018 - 19:00, said:

 

This ^. I can usually predict the outcome after my first two or three shots. I have a few extra Jiffy Pop hats available on request.    :hiding:

 

same here! :) and it was hard few patches back. now its clear right after the first 2-3 shots = if WG wants to make this game as a lost or not. don't tell me you don't see it as well? suddenly my team gets 2-3 ammo rack, you bounce a shot on arty ... its crystal clear. 

 

I know that WG also scanning the in-game chats: when you face those unrealistic game: just add #FIXRNG to the chat. hope they will go back to the old formula.

 

 

 



cloudwalkr #18 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 20:57

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 56092 battles
  • 5,902
  • Member since:
    04-05-2011

View PostTrippledot, on Oct 08 2018 - 20:43, said:

 

same here! :) and it was hard few patches back. now its clear right after the first 2-3 shots = if WG wants to make this game as a lost or not. don't tell me you don't see it as well? suddenly my team gets 2-3 ammo rack, you bounce a shot on arty ... its crystal clear. 

 

I know that WG also scanning the in-game chats: when you face those unrealistic game: just add #FIXRNG to the chat. hope they will go back to the old formula.

 

 

 

 

Is it really that hard for people to understand that it's +/-% RNG per shot, that it's not set for the game?  I've had countless battles where my first shots didn't go anywhere near my aiming reticle, but the next set would seemingly hit craziest of shots.  LOL it's a defeatist mentality to give up after missing a few shots early in game.  It's even more insane to think that because you missed a few shots early that WG is out to get you and wants you to lose.  Just amazing how some get to this conclusion because "first 2- 3 rounds missed".

 

Edit:  You can find proof of this anytime you watch a good player play the game.  They will miss shots but consistently get average dmg anyway.  How can WG be rigging RNG for some to lose when players can consistently do average dmg like they do?  Or get average wins like they do...OVER LARGE NUMBER SAMPLES?   It's silly to think WG decides you're going to miss your shots this game and wants you to lose.  It's just silly.


Edited by cloudwalkr, Oct 08 2018 - 21:04.


Gunadie #19 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 21:04

    Major

  • Players
  • 44174 battles
  • 4,876
  • Member since:
    08-20-2011

View PostJolly33, on Oct 08 2018 - 09:12, said:

He's figured it out...WG has decided that out of hundreds of thousands of players they will pick him and give him crap games.  Guess he must have messed with someone's daughter.

 

 

There isnt hundreds of thousand of players

Wot NA is lucky to get 10K on any given day now

Really makes you wonder after it was 30 to 40 K on NA East and 10 K on NA West before

Maybe the Garbage RNG is to blame perhaps?

Or maybe its the Dispersion that allows a well aimed shot to miss by a country mile

Or maybe its those Ghost shots that disappear (or never appear)

Or maybe its the Unbalanced Premiums used to generate capital 

Or maybe its the terrible and unbalanced camo system that is unfairly distributed not by size and shape of the tank but by the vehicle class and as a balancing tool!

Yup, maybe it is RNG..and a whole list of other things wrong before and after the last patch!

 

 



GeorgePreddy #20 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 22:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 14680 battles
  • 13,074
  • Member since:
    04-11-2013

View Posttod914, on Oct 08 2018 - 14:10, said:

 

It doesn't seem too random when you get two weeks of low rolls.

 

Some people will NEVER understand that relatively long streaks are not very uncommon in randomness.

 

My wife and I stood  at a certified Roulette wheel at the MGM Vegas and watched it go black 17 spins in a row... and the world record is 34.

 

Rare, granted... but preposterous ?  not hardly.

 

As far as NRG... or "RNG" as I like to call it (silly me)... it is the same as it ever was, generated randomly at the time of each individual shot, and never changed for any player, team, battle or mode.

 

Feelz to the contrary can be chalked up to confirmation bias and negativity bias.

 

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users