Arty SPG Exploit Griefer

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

2311P #1 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 19:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 9259 battles
  • [SEOAD] SEOAD

I discovered today that if someone places the barrel of their tank over the breach end of yours you cannot fire without hitting them and yourself... I dropped a support ticket with the replay and screenshots of this because I felt like maybe this constituted a slightly more aggressive response from WG than just giving ****** and ***** some timeout points via the automated report system. I also think it's worth bringing and leaving here because while this is just annoying its also rather... game breaking for the SPG. I know some of you mouthbreathers people dislike SPGs. If you pay attention to the S-51 in the replay, they actually fire while being blocked which results in their death via splash damage (I assume). I'm not saying WG will ignore this obvious issue, but perhaps if it becomes a serious enough problem within the game maybe it will get pushed up the OML of things that need fixing. 

Edit: You all are right, I shouldn't publicly shame them... even though they probably deserve it.

Edited by 2311P, Oct 10 2018 - 19:39.

4TheBox #2 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 19:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27769 battles

It is well known physics abuse. Dropping a support ticket is the best and only way to deal with this kind of non-sportsmanship.

Forget about it, Move on and Enjoy! You've done your part correctly and graciously.

Double_O7 #3 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 19:21

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5303 battles
How about the no damage sound bug? What's going on WG. Too busy breaking things that work just fine?

Double_O7 #4 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 19:21

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5303 battles
And yes the arty trolling has gotten real bad. Or just trolling in general. Yesterday I got derped by some dumb kv3 when I was playing my m41

Edited by Double_O7, Oct 10 2018 - 19:23.

_Tsavo_ #5 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 19:23

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 42696 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
That's physics abuse, but taking it here is a name and shame.  You'll likely catch a strike or warning for posting their names and unedited screenshots.

amerikafka #6 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 19:23

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14664 battles
Some here are going to complain about you naming and shaming but this is a situation where WGNA really is dropping the ball. Until they start taking this kind of physics abuse more seriously (as in making some examples out of the perps so as to send an unmistakable message) I don't have an issue with the name and shame.

That they have not is indicative that they are not serious about this kind of abuse. 

Double_O7 #7 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 19:23

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5303 battles

View Post_Tsavo_, on Oct 10 2018 - 12:23, said:

That's physics abuse, but taking it here is a name and shame.  You'll likely catch a strike or warning for posting their names and unedited screenshots.

Wargaming's privacy policy is just stupid 

Dockmaster #8 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 19:25

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 42955 battles
  • [ACES] ACES

Hi 2311P

Betwix us two cats it is contrary to the forum rules to "Name and Shame".

I strongly recommend you edit your post before a moderator does it for you.

Double_O7 #9 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 19:32

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5303 battles

View Postamerikafka, on Oct 10 2018 - 12:23, said:

Some here are going to complain about you naming and shaming but this is a situation where WGNA really is dropping the ball. Until they start taking this kind of physics abuse more seriously (as in making some examples out of the perps so as to send an unmistakable message) I don't have an issue with the name and shame.

That they have not is indicative that they are not serious about this kind of abuse. 

The other issue (rumor has it) is that WGNA and WGHQ are not on very good terms with each other. Usually, the devs just ignore NA criticisms and insult the American player base with flippant statements. They don't give a flying flipping finger about WGNA, and they clearly don't realize that they are beholding a gold mine. Look at fortnite, and how much money it made in so little time because players loved it. People often leave this game because of the ridiculous RNG, boredom, terrible mm, and in some rare cases, artillery.

dnaman #10 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 19:32

Captain

• Players
  • 30443 battles
  • [DBLTG] DBLTG
I agree the name and shame policy for this type of scumbaggery is asinine.  Nonetheless, it’s the rule and you’ll get a strike if you don’t remove the names from your post. Stupid, I know.

sleeper_agent #11 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 19:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 22793 battles

I understand that on occasion, a situation flares up and teammates push and shove... It shouldnt happen at all but it does.

These people should be dealt with appropriately if they are getting caught with physics abuse often enough. What 'often enough' means is up to WG but should be clearly stated. 

Then, ban. 1hr, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, perma

done.

Edited by sleeper_agent, Oct 10 2018 - 19:33.

amerikafka #12 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 19:36

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14664 battles

View PostDouble_O7, on Oct 10 2018 - 19:32, said:

The other issue (rumor has it) is that WGNA and WGHQ are not on very good terms with each other. Usually, the devs just ignore NA criticisms and insult the American player base with flippant statements. They don't give a flying flipping finger about WGNA, and they clearly don't realize that they are beholding a gold mine. Look at fortnite, and how much money it made in so little time because players loved it. People often leave this game because of the ridiculous RNG, boredom, terrible mm, and in some rare cases, artillery.

No doubt in my mind that WG does not give a flying about it's players on the NA server.

As for WGNA, at times I suspect they are actually trying. Other times, not so much. How much of that is their hands tied I have not a clue but I can imagine it plays a part.

Double_O7 #13 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 19:37

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5303 battles

View Post2311P, on Oct 10 2018 - 12:12, said:

I discovered today that if someone places the barrel of their tank over the breach end of yours you cannot fire without hitting them and yourself... I dropped a support ticket with the replay and screenshots of this because I felt like maybe this constituted a slightly more aggressive response from WG than just giving ****** and ***** some timeout points via the automated report system. I also think it's worth bringing and leaving here because while this is just annoying its also rather... game breaking for the SPG. I know some of you mouthbreathers people dislike SPGs. If you pay attention to the S-51 in the replay, they actually fire while being blocked which results in their death via splash damage (I assume). I'm not saying WG will ignore this obvious issue, but perhaps if it becomes a serious enough problem within the game maybe it will get pushed up the OML of things that need fixing. 

What you could also do is get them named and shamed by sending your replay to Claus Kellerman. He may feature them on his "biggest a$$hole" series. WG can't do anything about that 

2311P #14 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 19:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 9259 battles
  • [SEOAD] SEOAD

Update: WG responded to my ticket.

We're sorry to see that this has happened to you. But don't worry. With the information you have provided us, we have performed an investigation and taken the appropriate actions in accordance with our procedures.

That was quick and painless, Kudos to WG.

_Tsavo_ #15 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 19:55

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 42696 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Post2311P, on Oct 10 2018 - 13:51, said:

Update: WG responded to my ticket.

We're sorry to see that this has happened to you. But don't worry. With the information you have provided us, we have performed an investigation and taken the appropriate actions in accordance with our procedures.

That was quick and painless, Kudos to WG.

they don't  mess around with physics abuse

the_Deadly_Bulb #16 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 19:57

Major

• Players
  • 23073 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postsleeper_agent, on Oct 10 2018 - 10:32, said:

I understand that on occasion, a situation flares up and teammates push and shove... It shouldnt happen at all but it does.

These people should be dealt with appropriately if they are getting caught with physics abuse often enough. What 'often enough' means is up to WG but should be clearly stated.

Then, ban. 1hr, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, perma

done.

Agreed

Griefers need to be shown the door.

DomoSapien #17 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 20:01

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 13809 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostDouble_O7, on Oct 10 2018 - 12:21, said:

How about the no damage sound bug? What's going on WG. Too busy breaking things that work just fine?

That bug was actually fixed in this update! Or it should be. Let me know in my 1.2 Feedback Request thread if you run into the bug!

View Post2311P, on Oct 10 2018 - 12:12, said:

I discovered today that if someone places the barrel of their tank over the breach end of yours you cannot fire without hitting them and yourself... I dropped a support ticket with the replay and screenshots of this because I felt like maybe this constituted a slightly more aggressive response from WG than just giving ****** and ***** some timeout points via the automated report system. I also think it's worth bringing and leaving here because while this is just annoying its also rather... game breaking for the SPG. I know some of you mouthbreathers people dislike SPGs. If you pay attention to the S-51 in the replay, they actually fire while being blocked which results in their death via splash damage (I assume). I'm not saying WG will ignore this obvious issue, but perhaps if it becomes a serious enough problem within the game maybe it will get pushed up the OML of things that need fixing. 

Edit: You all are right, I shouldn't publicly shame them... even though they probably deserve it.

Thank you for editing the screenshots! And for submitting that ticket.

This is a quirk of the game's design - since the gun barrels do not have collision, shots originate from the base of the gun where it meets the turret. In Customer Support the official term for this type of rule violation is the "barrel in barrel exploit." This is a sanctionable offense, so if it runs into you please don't hesitate to submit a support ticket.

View PostDouble_O7, on Oct 10 2018 - 12:32, said:

I wouldn't really say that this is true. We are on good terms with eachother, arguably better terms than we ever have been but I lack the perspective to comment on this concretely, since I was in Customer Support; a common complaint on the NA server is likely a common complaint in other regions as well. On the other hand however we get an absolute ton of feedback from all regions, and a large portion of this feedback is composed of completely opposing viewpoints. Weighing the feedback and figuring out what feedback is the most significant is a difficult process. 

A good example? The dichotomy of map design. In the same conversation you will have one side arguing that opening up maps creates 'fields of death' and another side arguing that every map is a corridor map. Both viewpoints technically have merit, even if they seem to contradict eachother.

_Katyusha___ #18 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 20:27

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14692 battles
  • [KTSHA] KTSHA
LOL, it is the very first time i see a proof of teammates actively [edited]up their arty (and their team) Team killing arty has been a legend for me since ever. Glad to know this jerk platoon gets punished.

__WarChild__ #19 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 20:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 22879 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
I played right when the servers came back online this morning and the sound bug was the worst I've ever experienced. No 6th Sense and no received damage sounds.  I haven't tried to get on since the latest maintenance.

TpainT #20 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 20:34

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 32433 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-
Don't play SPGs and you will not have that issue.

Also tagged with Arty, SPG, Exploit, Griefer

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users