Arty SPG Exploit Griefer

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

BobJustBob_1 #21 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 20:35

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13667 battles

View Post4TheBox, on Oct 10 2018 - 19:16, said:

It is well known physics abuse. Dropping a support ticket is the best and only way to deal with this kind of non-sportsmanship.

Forget about it, Move on and Enjoy! You've done your part correctly and graciously.

I love "Lay back and think of England" answers.

thandiflight #22 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 20:36

Major

• Players
  • 81357 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostDomoSapien, on Oct 10 2018 - 19:01, said:

This is a quirk of the game's design - since the gun barrels do not have collision, shots originate from the base of the gun where it meets the turret. In Customer Support the official term for this type of rule violation is the "barrel in barrel exploit." This is a sanctionable offense, so if it runs into you please don't hesitate to submit a support ticket.

Unfortunately Wargaming has a credibility issue - nothing happens to those who repeatedly abuse game mechanics, bot or do deliberate team damage but they/you do monitor chat and ban individuals when the game actually contains mechanisms to block or filter these. Essentially nobody believes you when it comes to submitting a "support ticket". If a  player responded in chat to whomever abused the mechanics or team-damaged them, and used words like "ret*rded" they find themselves banned if they submitted the replay. There is no point appealing these. Who do we report Support to? Nobody believes you Domo - at least not anybody who has been around the game for any length of time.

Edited by thandiflight, Oct 10 2018 - 20:38.

BobJustBob_1 #23 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 20:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13667 battles

View PostDouble_O7, on Oct 10 2018 - 19:23, said:

Wargaming's privacy policy is just stupid 

It's not stupid...it's how they hide what they do. Telling you the outcome of a ticket is not a privacy issue...unless of course there is no outcome because there was no action on your ticket and it's just a lot of smoke and mirrors to hide this.

If this disturbs you don't worry The Usual Suspects will be along to pat you on the head and tell you what a moron I am...

BobJustBob_1 #24 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 20:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13667 battles

View Postthandiflight, on Oct 10 2018 - 20:36, said:

Unfortunately Wargaming has a credibility issue - nothing happens to those who repeatedly abuse game mechanics, bot or do deliberate team damage but they/you do monitor chat and ban individuals when the game actually contains mechanisms to block or filter these. Essentially nobody believes you when it comes to submitting a "support ticket". If a  player responded in chat to whomever abused the mechanics or team-damaged them, and used words like "ret*rded" they find themselves banned if they submitted the replay. There is no point appealing these. Who do we report Support to? Nobody believes you Domo - at least not anybody who has been around the game for any length of time.

Nice to see somebody gets it. Ask the question "Why have an external reporting system for chat abuse in a game with extensive in game censorship controls".

Everything else is "We can't tell you what we did cuz it's Super Secret but Trust Us cuz...well just trust us".

DomoSapien #25 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 21:30

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 13834 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostBobJustBob_1, on Oct 10 2018 - 13:43, said:

Nice to see somebody gets it. Ask the question "Why have an external reporting system for chat abuse in a game with extensive in game censorship controls".

Everything else is "We can't tell you what we did cuz it's Super Secret but Trust Us cuz...well just trust us".

Well the privacy policy isn't something I have control over. It's a global policy and there are laws of quite a few different regions in mind when global policy is made. I can't say I agree with the policy 100% but it is in place and we do have to honor it.

As for the post you're quoting - I apologize if this seems snarky because that's not my intention, but you could just as easily submit the replay WITHOUT using that type of language. Like, yes the jerk pushing you out of cover (or in this case forcing you to self-destruct in your SPG) certainly deserves a few choice words but there are rules defining which words are/are not okay for you to use, at least on our servers via our game service.

Whether or not you choose to believe me when I say I have personally issued hundreds if not thousands of bans for these types of game offenses during my time in CS is entirely up to you, however, since I can't provide you with actual evidence of a ban.

spud_tuber #26 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 21:46

Major

• Players
  • 53504 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Oct 10 2018 - 13:01, said:

That bug was actually fixed in this update! Or it should be. Let me know in my 1.2 Feedback Request thread if you run into the bug!

Thank you for editing the screenshots! And for submitting that ticket.

This is a quirk of the game's design - since the gun barrels do not have collision, shots originate from the base of the gun where it meets the turret. In Customer Support the official term for this type of rule violation is the "barrel in barrel exploit." This is a sanctionable offense, so if it runs into you please don't hesitate to submit a support ticket.

I wouldn't really say that this is true. We are on good terms with eachother, arguably better terms than we ever have been but I lack the perspective to comment on this concretely, since I was in Customer Support; a common complaint on the NA server is likely a common complaint in other regions as well. On the other hand however we get an absolute ton of feedback from all regions, and a large portion of this feedback is composed of completely opposing viewpoints. Weighing the feedback and figuring out what feedback is the most significant is a difficult process. 

A good example? The dichotomy of map design. In the same conversation you will have one side arguing that opening up maps creates 'fields of death' and another side arguing that every map is a corridor map. Both viewpoints technically have merit, even if they seem to contradict eachother.

To your second paragraph.  That's very good to hear!  I think that's the first time I've seen where anyone from WG officially state this is actually a sanctionable offense.  I've always assumed it should be, both for physics abuse and for trying to circumvent other game mechanics like the auto TD/TK system, of course, but confirmation is nice.

To your fourth paragraph:  Good example there, especially with how map design plays into such a large majority of other things.  Arty, armor vs (prem) pen, inter-tier balance, camo vs VR, etc.   Even within that level of disagreement though, some things have more agreement that others.  For instance the.. issues.. with the hill on Mines only having one way up, and only one safe way down vs say.. what people think of prok, where there's such a larger range of opinions from worst map in the game to best, and everywhere in between.

Edited by spud_tuber, Oct 10 2018 - 21:50.

scHnuuudle_bop #27 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 22:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 18559 battles

Wait until someone jams themselves under you, so you crush them.

Some juvenile does this barrel trick, I just let them accomplish part of their goal, ruin the game for 29 others, bathroom break or more beer.

Since they are just having a toddler like temper tantrum, they get bored when this child like action does not work as they want.

BobJustBob_1 #28 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 22:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13667 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Oct 10 2018 - 21:30, said:

Well the privacy policy isn't something I have control over. It's a global policy and there are laws of quite a few different regions in mind when global policy is made. I can't say I agree with the policy 100% but it is in place and we do have to honor it.

As for the post you're quoting - I apologize if this seems snarky because that's not my intention, but you could just as easily submit the replay WITHOUT using that type of language. Like, yes the jerk pushing you out of cover (or in this case forcing you to self-destruct in your SPG) certainly deserves a few choice words but there are rules defining which words are/are not okay for you to use, at least on our servers via our game service.

Whether or not you choose to believe me when I say I have personally issued hundreds if not thousands of bans for these types of game offenses during my time in CS is entirely up to you, however, since I can't provide you with actual evidence of a ban.

Would you like to know why I don't trust or believe you guys? I reported a player who had an anti-Semitic player name and was given the blah-blan answer that we all get. days later he was still there with the same anti-Semitic name. So I brought this to their attention. Name finally went away. But the player was a dbag and couldn't help himself so he had to pm me to let me know that they gave him 3 days prem for the inconvenience of having to change his name. So I brought this to their attention. All they were concerned with was whether I had any proof...after reassuring them that I had carelessly not taken a screenshot and they were off the hook I didn't hear from them again.

So spare me your crocodile tears.

TheBurn #29 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 22:54

Private

• Players
  • 19004 battles
  • [_SF_] _SF_
You JUST FIGURED IT OUT???
I've been doing this for years!!!! LOL

Joe150 #30 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 23:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 24873 battles
  • [A-O-G] A-O-G

View PostTpainT, on Oct 10 2018 - 14:34, said:

Don't play SPGs and you will not have that issue.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

2311P #31 Posted Oct 11 2018 - 00:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 9337 battles
  • [SEOAD] SEOAD

View PostJoe150, on Oct 10 2018 - 22:05, said:

Everyone hates the SPGs until they need the SPGs. Lol

thandiflight #32 Posted Oct 11 2018 - 00:07

Major

• Players
  • 81357 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostDomoSapien, on Oct 10 2018 - 20:30, said:

You do control who gets banned but you do choose not to exercise discretion - you being the general "you" as administrator not as an individual. And hence you perpetuate the injustices inherent in the system and lose credibility. GG

rompan1 #33 Posted Oct 11 2018 - 00:57

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29470 battles
  • [GST] GST

View PostTpainT, on Oct 10 2018 - 13:34, said:

Don't play SPGs and you will not have that issue.

​Quit being a whiney, pansy [edited].

rompan1 #34 Posted Oct 11 2018 - 00:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29470 battles
  • [GST] GST

View PostJoe150, on Oct 10 2018 - 16:05, said:

​Not even winter yet, but the snowflakes keep showing up.

Arty__Extraction #35 Posted Oct 11 2018 - 03:55

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23545 battles
Why not just turn TKing off? Like wth is so hard about it? It would save sooooo much grief.  Just my 2 cents. To me its just asinine to keep shooting each other a thing when it can be turned off. There is a mod that prevents it so why cant wg do it?.

TpainT #36 Posted Oct 11 2018 - 08:11

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 32433 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

View Postrompan1, on Oct 10 2018 - 17:58, said:

​Not even winter yet, but the snowflakes keep showing up.

Keep hiding at the back of the map, in your safe space spg, being terrible at the game.

782GearUSMC #37 Posted Oct 11 2018 - 08:33

Major

• Players
  • 27334 battles
Although I personally would not make use of the quirk I must admit someone using it does put a smile on my face. Additionally, I am sure not everyone that comes here knew about the quirk, but they do now and they have friends who have friends who play WoT, and hate arty. :D

Person012345 #38 Posted Oct 11 2018 - 09:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13268 battles
  • [_GOW_] _GOW_
@OP most people who don't like artillery aren't out to sabotage their own team. This is the tiny minority of [edited], the same people who teamkill and do the same crap to non-artillery. But with artillery they can do it and they don't even have to face punishment. Some of them probably don't like artillery but that's not really their motivation I don't think. If you hate artillery, you go and kill the enemy artillery. And then rage at your own artillery when it steals your enemy artillery kill.

24cups #39 Posted Oct 11 2018 - 15:02

Major

• Players
  • 23190 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostBobJustBob_1, on Oct 10 2018 - 16:39, said:

Would you like to know why I don't trust or believe you guys? I reported a player who had an anti-Semitic player name and was given the blah-blan answer that we all get. days later he was still there with the same anti-Semitic name. So I brought this to their attention. Name finally went away. But the player was a dbag and couldn't help himself so he had to pm me to let me know that they gave him 3 days prem for the inconvenience of having to change his name. So I brought this to their attention. All they were concerned with was whether I had any proof...after reassuring them that I had carelessly not taken a screenshot and they were off the hook I didn't hear from them again.

So spare me your crocodile tears.

Perchance that other player was trolling you and you swallowed hook, line and sinker. 

F0R_M07H3R_RU5514 #40 Posted Oct 11 2018 - 15:10

Major

• Players
  • 50704 battles
  • [_SF_] _SF_

View Post_Tsavo_, on Oct 10 2018 - 13:55, said:

they don't  mess around with physics abuse

_Tsavo_ is on point here, as usual.  Physics abuse is one area where I've consistently seen, throughout my time playing WoT, WG quickly respond to indicate action has been taken. 

Also tagged with Arty, SPG, Exploit, Griefer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users