• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

_Tsavo_ #41 Posted Oct 11 2018 - 15:13

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 42751 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostDomoSapien, on Oct 10 2018 - 15:30, said:

Whether or not you choose to believe me when I say I have personally issued hundreds if not thousands of bans for these types of game offenses during my time in CS is entirely up to you, however, since I can't provide you with actual evidence of a ban.

Curious question, how large is the CS team?  Are there peeps who only handle in game reports are is it a general pool and tickets get round robin'd to everyone's queue?

Double_O7 #42 Posted Oct 11 2018 - 16:45

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5343 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F

View PostDomoSapien, on Oct 10 2018 - 13:01, said:

That bug was actually fixed in this update! Or it should be. Let me know in my 1.2 Feedback Request thread if you run into the bug!

I will thanks

I wouldn't really say that this is true. We are on good terms with eachother, arguably better terms than we ever have been but I lack the perspective to comment on this concretely, since I was in Customer Support; a common complaint on the NA server is likely a common complaint in other regions as well. On the other hand however we get an absolute ton of feedback from all regions, and a large portion of this feedback is composed of completely opposing viewpoints. Weighing the feedback and figuring out what feedback is the most significant is a difficult process. 

then why not work to appease both sides instead of picking one or the other? Players are begging for a game mode without arty, while arty players are against that because they know no one would play with them anymore. How about  buffing arty and using bots for arty to shoot at in case the que times are too long, and create a separate mode for people who hate artillery. Both sides appeased. 

or create two opposite maps instead of just one? Create an open style map, then create a city map to balance that? Both sides appeased. 

In my opinion, wg is driving people away because they are under the "winner take all" for requests. WG picks one idea over another and they don't even address why they didn't choose the idea either  

Does Wargaming look at 3rd party opinions and feedback either? 

https://www.trustpil...w/wargaming.com

Edited by Double_O7, Oct 11 2018 - 16:47.

pafman #43 Posted Oct 11 2018 - 17:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35009 battles
  • [-_-] -_-

View PostDouble_O7, on Oct 10 2018 - 19:32, said:

The other issue (rumor has it) is that WGNA and WGHQ are not on very good terms with each other. Usually, the devs just ignore NA criticisms and insult the American player base with flippant statements. They don't give a flying flipping finger about WGNA, and they clearly don't realize that they are beholding a gold mine. Look at fortnite, and how much money it made in so little time because players loved it. People often leave this game because of the ridiculous RNG, boredom, terrible mm, and in some rare cases, artillery.

artillery players, denying their way to lower server populations near you.

2311P #44 Posted Oct 11 2018 - 17:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 9337 battles
  • [SEOAD] SEOAD

View Post782GearUSMC, on Oct 11 2018 - 07:33, said:

Although I personally would not make use of the quirk I must admit someone using it does put a smile on my face. Additionally, I am sure not everyone that comes here knew about the quirk, but they do now and they have friends who have friends who play WoT, and hate arty. :D

If this starts happening more often it might be fixed faster. We SPG players know we are disliked. Most of us do not care. It's just a game. What I find most funny about people who dislike the class is why they hate us so much. lol Playing SPG isn't easy, a fair amount of work and intuition goes into getting a good shot. The mission of the SPG(in WoT) is to keep the enemy moving and keep the enemy out of static defensive positions.

There seem to be two big colleges of hate for SPGs.

1) Those who hate campers, and transitively hate SPGs.

2) Those that get focused on by SPGs.

The following is what I was told by some joes from 1/68 Armor 4th ID 3rd BCT Ft. Carson, CO

Tanks that are not IFVs (Infantry Fighting Vehicles) are self-propelled guns. If the tank doesn't have room for passengers, it's a Self-Propelled Gun with a gun crew.

Tanks either take positions, hold positions or control enemy movement. (These guys also had Paladins, which they called tanks)

Tanks are only called tanks because a British engineer thought the first tank looked a lot like a Benzene Tank. (Whatever that is)

So either:

1) You're upset that the SPGs are controlling your movement.

or

2) You're upset that the SPG is assisting in taking your position.

or

3) Your upset that the SPG is assisting in holding an enemy position.

Basically, you're upset that the SPG is doing what it is supposed to be doing and you are just not skilled enough to counter and deal with it.

I'm using the Plural Ambiguous "You" above.

@AudiTJ Have I missed any other illustrious quotes from the 1-68 guys? lol

Edited by 2311P, Oct 11 2018 - 17:20.

GadgetHackwrench #45 Posted Oct 11 2018 - 17:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 17548 battles
  • [-RIPT] -RIPT
I personally love playing in SPGs for world of tanks, and have carried my passion to world of warships where I play the arties of the seas called Aircraft Carriers. When I die I want Wargaming to lower my casket into the ground so they can let me down one last time.

VinnyI82 #46 Posted Oct 11 2018 - 18:14

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 35532 battles
  • [POSHY] POSHY

View PostTpainT, on Oct 10 2018 - 14:34, said:

Don't play SPGs and you will not have that issue.

WG shouldn't make missions requiring playing arty to complete.

EthanK430 #47 Posted Oct 11 2018 - 18:40

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13559 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ

Straight facts, dawg.

WhineMaker #48 Posted Oct 11 2018 - 18:44

Major

• Players
  • 34812 battles

View PostTpainT, on Oct 10 2018 - 23:11, said:

Keep hiding at the back of the map, in your safe space spg, being terrible at the game.

You know WG made WoT Blitz arty free, just for you... :child:

I'll just have to play my arty exclusively, until the WoT servers are shut down, just to make your games more dynamic and enjoyable... :arta:

View Postpafman, on Oct 11 2018 - 08:10, said:

artillery players, denying their way to lower server populations near you.

Buh bye Felicia!!!

View PostVinnyI82, on Oct 11 2018 - 09:14, said:

WG shouldn't make missions requiring playing arty to complete.

WG shouldn't make missions requiring playing lights, mediums, heavies or td's to complete... 

QuicksilverJPR #49 Posted Oct 11 2018 - 18:54

Major

• Players
  • 26265 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

No, I'm pretty sure those other players are still going to be giant [edited]regardless of whether or not OP were to play SPGs...

KCCruiser #50 Posted Oct 11 2018 - 21:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20528 battles
That is the muzzle end. The breach is where the round is loaded. But anyway, thats been around since the beginning. A great troll method. Part of pub games, go to the garage and move on. Save the replay and send to Claus Kellerman for Biggest [edited]vids.

samael75 #51 Posted Oct 11 2018 - 23:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21110 battles

View Post2311P, on Oct 11 2018 - 16:15, said:

If this starts happening more often it might be fixed faster. We SPG players know we are disliked. Most of us do not care. It's just a game. What I find most funny about people who dislike the class is why they hate us so much. lol Playing SPG isn't easy, a fair amount of work and intuition goes into getting a good shot. The mission of the SPG(in WoT) is to keep the enemy moving and keep the enemy out of static defensive positions.

The following is what I was told by some joes from 1/68 Armor 4th ID 3rd BCT Ft. Carson, CO

Tanks that are not IFVs (Infantry Fighting Vehicles) are self-propelled guns. If the tank doesn't have room for passengers, it's a Self-Propelled Gun with a gun crew.

Tanks either take positions, hold positions or control enemy movement. (These guys also had Paladins, which they called tanks)

Tanks are only called tanks because a British engineer thought the first tank looked a lot like a Benzene Tank. (Whatever that is)

So either:

or

or

Basically, you're upset that the SPG is doing what it is supposed to be doing and you are just not skilled enough to counter and deal with it.

You lost me at "playing arty isnt easy". 2/10 trolling

WhineMaker #52 Posted Oct 12 2018 - 17:25

Major

• Players
  • 34812 battles

View Post2311P, on Oct 11 2018 - 08:15, said:

So either:

or

or

You forgot to add "Arty is taking my damage and ruining my precious stats"... :P

owlgator #53 Posted Oct 12 2018 - 17:46

Captain

• Players
  • 14841 battles

View PostQuicksilverJPR, on Oct 11 2018 - 11:54, said:

No, I'm pretty sure those other players are still going to be giant [edited]regardless of whether or not OP were to play SPGs...

Griefers gotta grief... this isn't an SPG issue.

And to another comment - I see more chat spam for arty support than any other communication.  There's an awful lot of complaining directed towards a tank class the general population seems to rely on to handle their dirty work.

Also tagged with Arty, SPG, Exploit, Griefer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users