• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Jambijon #1 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 21:02

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3033 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Hey Everyone!

I understand that there have been only a few tournaments since we launched the tournament missions, but I just wanted to check up and see how the progress is going with them.  Have any of you completed them?  Do you like having tournament missions as an option?  Anything you would want to change with them?

Thanks!

Tuzban #2 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 21:15

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29017 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

Some initial comments after playing in tier 4, 8, and 9 tournaments.

• Blocking damage is really, really hard. While the 10k is a stretch for 'Block Damage II', the 4k blocked for lower tier vehicles is almost impossible. This is true especially when people shoot a lot of premium ammo in tournaments. I wouldn't have this type of a mission at all.
  • Assisting damage is impossible in 1v1 tournaments, and pretty hard in other tournaments as well. It's at least a lot harder than causing damage, but yet the thresholds are half of the damage caused missions. I would lower the required damage for these missions. Maybe cut them in half again?
  • Kills and damage caused seem to be fine, although on the higher side. I'm fine with this level of difficulty, though.

Good job! It's fun to get to try out new things. And who knows, maybe they are here to stay.

ElfMagi2 #3 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 21:15

Captain

• Players
  • 53851 battles
  • [AIMED] AIMED

I have been in 3 tournament since the start of the missions.

half way on enemies destroyed.

1/3 on damage and damage blocked.

0 assisted damage. Kinda hard to get assisted damage in 1v1 and most small teams stick together so will not get any spotting damage.

Good added bonus but I would not put a deadline on them to complete.

Make it so once you have completed all of them then the missions would reset and start over.

Jambijon #4 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 22:10

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3033 battles
  • [WGA] WGA
Yes the time limit of 1 month was something we didnt want to do but we wanted to get an idea of progression.  Having them be a seasonal/campaign style would be ideal.  Thanks for the feedback!

makalu2k6 #5 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 22:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 65127 battles
  • [CHKRA] CHKRA

Mostly agree on the reviews so far. Time line need to be tweaked. I like the idea of resetting once you finish them and take out the time line.

Damage:   Looks good 

Kills:          Looks good

Blocking:   The amount should be reduced. Most people are shooting gold and it's tough to get the high amounts of blocking numbers in tourneys

Assist:       It's not easy to get this done at current levels. Should be reduced to 1/4th or 1/3rd or get rid of it all together. 

New Idea:  You can include wins. 

Gravtech #6 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 23:29

Major

• Players
  • 32016 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ

I've done 3 tournaments thus far with these missions on. I completed "Destroy Enemy Tanks II", 1 tank kill away from the I mission. I haven't even started the Assist II mission. Block II is 40% done and block I has essentially nothing on it. 

IMO  the block dmg, mission for the low tier tanks is going to be seriously impossible unless you get lucky a lot. The armor on everything is just too low for you to get the blocked dmg done. 

The missions for the higher tiers are easy enough if you play the 1v1s (for dmg, blocked, and kills) and the larger team tournaments for assisted dmg. 

dtbeastlyman #7 Posted Oct 25 2018 - 04:28

Private

• -Players-
  • 9276 battles

1v1 Midweek madness was Complete Trash. You make people go 1v1 on a map where everyone takes a heavy tank and camps the map. Forcing you to push them or Draw. Thats not strategy to just camp in Heavies all the time. You make people wait 14 minutes between battles and 7 games laters... 2.5 hours wasted. The game only lasts 5 minutes but it takes 3-4 minutes to capture???? Heavy tanks camping can easily drive to the flag, which is depressed and  jump right onto a weaker tank trying to capture..... AGAIN NO STRATEGY. TDS are useless unless camping like a heavy.... cant push flag or enemy. Lights are useless bc they cant cap to force a heavy out.. if they do they get rammed from downhill depression. 

This was not thought out very well and does not support good play style. This only supports picking a heavy tank and waiting for the draw, or someone to drive up on you...

Why not pick a map where the flag is positioned better? or make this battle normal instead of one flag....down in a hole with no standoff/distance between getting spotted and wrecked. 

panzers4 #8 Posted Oct 27 2018 - 03:02

Private

• -Players-
  • 5305 battles
  • [BTFF] BTFF

View Postdtbeastlyman, on Oct 25 2018 - 04:28, said:

1v1 Midweek madness was Complete Trash. You make people go 1v1 on a map where everyone takes a heavy tank and camps the map. Forcing you to push them or Draw. Thats not strategy to just camp in Heavies all the time. You make people wait 14 minutes between battles and 7 games laters... 2.5 hours wasted. The game only lasts 5 minutes but it takes 3-4 minutes to capture???? Heavy tanks camping can easily drive to the flag, which is depressed and  jump right onto a weaker tank trying to capture..... AGAIN NO STRATEGY. TDS are useless unless camping like a heavy.... cant push flag or enemy. Lights are useless bc they cant cap to force a heavy out.. if they do they get rammed from downhill depression. 

This was not thought out very well and does not support good play style. This only supports picking a heavy tank and waiting for the draw, or someone to drive up on you...

Why not pick a map where the flag is positioned better? or make this battle normal instead of one flag....down in a hole with no standoff/distance between getting spotted and wrecked. 

This guy just mad because i killed him and took first place lol

Gran_Castigador_del_Mal #9 Posted Oct 27 2018 - 03:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3397 battles
  • [HUMO] HUMO
I play every tournament ths month. Everyone.

I already complete 3 missions.

Block and assist are wrong. You cant do that...
... theres no 15vs15 like randoms... and

Think in this
* technical victorys
* problems with tournaments no pop, cancel, reset
* a lot of 1vs1

Also tagged with Tournament, Missions, Feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users