T-44-100 > A weeks worth of groceries ?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

philspamoni #1 Posted Oct 12 2018 - 07:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26699 battles
  • [CDN] CDN

Current price for the t-44-100 is $69.29 CAD...

I don't understand how the prices for tier 8 premiums are acceptable. I just don't.

I would double the number of my tier 8 prems (22 of them I think) in one year if they were half that price. But no,  instead I will continue to complain about the price gouging, unannounced patch downtime in the middle of  running 3 paid for personal reserves and rigged ranked battles to any and all who care.

My account was made in Jan 2012 and all I see are big fat F-you's from wg, over and over.

Not once have I got the feeling that wg is thankful for my time with them.

I'm not the only one that feels this way either.

And yes, I spend about $140-180 weekly to feed a family of 4 plus 2 dogs at a discount grocery store. I can't justify trading half the food I buy in a week for an in-game item.

I guess I'm done typing. This was a rant of a sleep deprived family man who feels that the single game I play is constantly making bad decisions for the quick buck.

ramp4ge #2 Posted Oct 12 2018 - 07:38

Major

• Special Beta Testers
  • 333 battles

It's acceptable because it's the best-performing tier 8 medium in the game.

53.21% win rate.

Compare that to the Defender. A tank that is universally considered grossly OP. 

With a 53.22% win rate.

That's why it's so expensive. I'm surprised Wargaming hasn't pulled it from the shop. 

Scorpiany #3 Posted Oct 12 2018 - 07:47

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 33707 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View Postramp4ge, on Oct 11 2018 - 23:38, said:

It's acceptable because it's the best-performing tier 8 medium in the game.

53.21% win rate.

Compare that to the Defender. A tank that is universally considered grossly OP. 

With a 53.22% win rate.

That's why it's so expensive. I'm surprised Wargaming hasn't pulled it from the shop. 

Except Defender is a cheaper vehicle, despite being a heavy tank that is rarely on sale.

The T-44-100 is only so expensive because it came from a marathon mission bundle. Those tanks permanently get the ridiculously high price tag associated with them, which is absolutely ridiculous to me. It's a Tier 8 medium, it should not cost more than $35 USD.

ramp4ge #4 Posted Oct 12 2018 - 08:01

Major

• Special Beta Testers
  • 333 battles

I agree that it shouldn't cost that much, but it's an overperforming tank that is actually available for sale. Wargaming knows it's an overperforming tank and that people will buy it. And with 41,000 games played in the last 30 days, they're right. 

the_Deadly_Bulb #5 Posted Oct 12 2018 - 08:02

Major

• Players
  • 22113 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostScorpiany, on Oct 11 2018 - 22:47, said:

Except Defender is a cheaper vehicle, despite being a heavy tank that is rarely on sale.

The T-44-100 is only so expensive because it came from a marathon mission bundle. Those tanks permanently get the ridiculously high price tag associated with them, which is absolutely ridiculous to me. It's a Tier 8 medium, it should not cost more than $35 USD.

Agreed.

Sometimes WG's monetisation makes no sense at all. :facepalm:

HottieHotPants #6 Posted Oct 12 2018 - 09:27

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8952 battles

View Postphilspamoni, on Oct 12 2018 - 00:22, said:

Current price for the t-44-100 is $69.29 CAD...

I don't understand how the prices for tier 8 premiums are acceptable. I just don't.

I would double the number of my tier 8 prems (22 of them I think) in one year if they were half that price. But no,  instead I will continue to complain about the price gouging, unannounced patch downtime in the middle of  running 3 paid for personal reserves and rigged ranked battles to any and all who care.

My account was made in Jan 2012 and all I see are big fat F-you's from wg, over and over.

Not once have I got the feeling that wg is thankful for my time with them.

I'm not the only one that feels this way either.

And yes, I spend about $140-180 weekly to feed a family of 4 plus 2 dogs at a discount grocery store. I can't justify trading half the food I buy in a week for an in-game item.

I guess I'm done typing. This was a rant of a sleep deprived family man who feels that the single game I play is constantly making bad decisions for the quick buck.

Preach it Brother.  I too feel your pain.  WoWS spreads all kinds of luv.  WoT acts like.....lets say.....disgruntled because we are bothering to play their game.  Ya, I am getting the full value for the product, it just seems, to me, that they would be more gracious and appreciative towards us all.

Maybe more reasonable in their offered products for sale

More open and forth-right about about in-depth details of changes and game aspects

Maybe quicker (and more often) about notices to inform us about projects, downtimes, upcomings....etc.

*** This Has Been Strictly My Personal Opinion***   ***No Facts Have Been Harmed In The Making Of These Opinions***

Edited by HottieHotPants, Oct 12 2018 - 09:29.

kebab6597 #7 Posted Oct 12 2018 - 11:29

Major

• Players
  • 55684 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
It,s more expensive than the Lowe which has always been the most expensive vehicle in the game the pricing minion needs a rocket up his backside

Bootknife #8 Posted Oct 12 2018 - 11:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38950 battles
  • [WDA] WDA
I rate it okay at best.  With that said, I haven't played that many games in it.

bigbear72us #9 Posted Oct 12 2018 - 12:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 41713 battles
  • [NVRDI] NVRDI
My T-54 mod was about $34 when I bought it.  I haven't bothered to do a side by side comparison, but I doubt the T-44-100 warrants its price tag. 

BabA_YA6A #10 Posted Oct 12 2018 - 13:07

Captain

• Players
  • 26287 battles
  • [GRIMY] GRIMY
Got mine for free...Smile_blinky.gif

Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #11 Posted Oct 12 2018 - 13:59

Major

• Players
  • 75721 battles

It all depends on how you look at this.

In WG favor, they have provided two missions this year where you can get a free tier 8 prem. You can also get lower tier prems with on-track events.

The price of one tier 8 prem is about the cost of buying some other game outright. That's insane if you want to buy multiple tier 8 prems.

However, personally I cannot justify spending any money on the game right now given the state of MM. Why pay to be bottom tier all the time?

Ultimately, WG are a business. If people are buying them at this price, they will continue to sell them at this price. If they sold them at half that price, they would not necessarily get more or less income. This is where the scumbag marketing guys earn their money (sorry, I hate sales and marketing).

Almighty_Johnson #12 Posted Oct 12 2018 - 14:17

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21909 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

It's called Free Enterprise.  If the market will support a set price, then the vendor will charge it.  If nobody bought them, the price would drop or the product would go away.

And I love how people insist on citing their longevity in the game as if that were some sort of legit reason why they should get certain special treatment.  You've been playing for 6 years.  Congrats.  That, and a buck-fifty will get you a cup of coffee.  Wargaming doesn't "Owe" you anyone for playing their game.  The core game is free to play.  THAT is your gift.  They also do a LOT of very generous give-aways.  Last year's Christmas thing was stupid generous.  Dollar for Dollar, I got at least a 3:1 return on my money from the boxes thing.  I'm STILL running on the same premium time I got from that.  
So next time you're thinking that you should get something simply because you've "been around" for a while, try and applying that to other areas of your life and see how it goes.  I've owned my house for ten years.  You should give me a break on my property taxes for that.  Or even better, I've been working for almost 40 years and the IRS needs to give me a break for being an old-timer.

Or ANY other industry.  Sorry, mate.  You don't get extra prizes just because you feel you deserve it.

Da_Craw #13 Posted Oct 12 2018 - 14:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 25851 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5
I got mine free in the marathon.  I believe it got a significant buff since then.  Even so, I don't think I would pay the going rate for it now.  That said, I presume the monetization people in Minsk are basing their prices on actual market data that we do not have.  While any one of us might spend twice as much if the prices were half as high, WG has the actual data from years of sales and discounts to know how the market as a whole reacts.  Or they are just morons.  It's a tossup. 

docroberts #14 Posted Oct 12 2018 - 22:38

Captain

• Players
  • 19073 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX

View Postbigbear72us, on Oct 12 2018 - 05:20, said:

My T-54 mod was about $34 when I bought it.  I haven't bothered to do a side by side comparison, but I doubt the T-44-100 warrants its price tag. 

Compare it to a Cromwell , and that would be the 44-100 , At tier 8 . That's why the price difference . 

philspamoni #15 Posted Oct 13 2018 - 06:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26699 battles
  • [CDN] CDN

View PostAlmighty_Johnson, on Oct 12 2018 - 07:17, said:

It's called Free Enterprise.  If the market will support a set price, then the vendor will charge it.  If nobody bought them, the price would drop or the product would go away.

And I love how people insist on citing their longevity in the game as if that were some sort of legit reason why they should get certain special treatment.  You've been playing for 6 years.  Congrats.  That, and a buck-fifty will get you a cup of coffee.  Wargaming doesn't "Owe" you anyone for playing their game.  The core game is free to play.  THAT is your gift.  They also do a LOT of very generous give-aways.  Last year's Christmas thing was stupid generous.  Dollar for Dollar, I got at least a 3:1 return on my money from the boxes thing.  I'm STILL running on the same premium time I got from that.  
So next time you're thinking that you should get something simply because you've "been around" for a while, try and applying that to other areas of your life and see how it goes.  I've owned my house for ten years.  You should give me a break on my property taxes for that.  Or even better, I've been working for almost 40 years and the IRS needs to give me a break for being an old-timer.

Or ANY other industry.  Sorry, mate.  You don't get extra prizes just because you feel you deserve it.

Fair point. I did indeed get pretty lucky during last years xmas events, winning a type 59 after spending about $40-50 cad on the boxes. That I'll say was the one single spark in the 6 years of playing this game where I didn't feel ripped off.

But considering your age, do you not demand a certain amount of respect? I would hope you do.

Seniors get discounts on everything and so they should.

They don't appreciate getting blindsided by power outages in the middle of cooking supper.

I am by no means trying to be insulting by referencing seniors in response to your reply.

Edited by philspamoni, Oct 13 2018 - 06:45.

CardboardJedi #16 Posted Oct 13 2018 - 18:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11676 battles
  • [DDVR] DDVR

Back in The Day I used to snag prem tanks, the Lowe, the Jgtiger 88, e25. They were all a reasonable way to grind a little faster AND support WG in their endeavors. Later I even bought the Patriot (it was that 'Murica paint boy they sure had me nailed), but I swore at almost $50 never again. So now here is the KanJPz that I've waited for for like two years. Minimum investment $48. 

I just Will Not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users