• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Avalon304 #21 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 07:05

Major

• Players
  • 20775 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

View PostMikosah, on Oct 13 2018 - 18:18, said:

These firepower advantages are very subtle. And no, the normal M41 does not have good firepower to begin with. You're correct that the scouting niche is out of the question, but the M41-90 is the only one of the three with the muscle to respectably attempt gunboating instead. The other two have better hp/t ratios, but 20 hp/t was never inadequate. If the M41D is to be a paper medium with only 370m view range (and remember some of the actual same-tier mediums far exceed that value) its going to need at least as much firepower as the M41-90, if not more. And as for the normal M41, I still have trouble seeing it fit either niche. Honestly I wouldn't mind it being bumped back down to 150 alpha if it had something like 2.4k base DPM or whatever that gun used to be in its first iteration.

The firepower advantages are enough is the point. And yes, the Bulldog does have a good gun already. You can not like the 76mm it has, but it is a perfectly servicable gun, even at tier 8, provided you arent a bad player who tries to face check anything that isnt another light tank.

Mediums dont necessarily need view range to be mediums... so you saying "herp derp some same tier mediums have higher view ranges" means nothing. And its firepower is fine, just as the normal Bulldogs is.

And I just know someone is going to bring up the server wise win rate of the normal Bulldog, and Im just going to preempt that by saying not every tank need to be on an even win rate. Its ok for some tanks to not perform as well as others. Thats part of video games.

tl;dr: Bulldog is fine if you arent a bad. M41D will be fine if you arent a bad.

Mikosah #22 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 15:35

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

View PostAvalon304, on Oct 14 2018 - 00:05, said:

The firepower advantages are enough is the point. And yes, the Bulldog does have a good gun already. You can not like the 76mm it has, but it is a perfectly servicable gun, even at tier 8, provided you arent a bad player who tries to face check anything that isnt another light tank.

Mediums dont necessarily need view range to be mediums... so you saying "herp derp some same tier mediums have higher view ranges" means nothing. And its firepower is fine, just as the normal Bulldogs is.

And I just know someone is going to bring up the server wise win rate of the normal Bulldog, and Im just going to preempt that by saying not every tank need to be on an even win rate. Its ok for some tanks to not perform as well as others. Thats part of video games.

tl;dr: Bulldog is fine if you arent a bad. M41D will be fine if you arent a bad.

You shouldn't dismiss server win rates entirely, they do mean something. Given a large enough sample size, the tomatoes are always going to do badly and the unicums will always do well, but the question is what about the guys in between? When you see a tank with global WR in the mid 40's what that's really saying is that the polar extremes are behaving normally but that the semi-competent player in the middle cannot make this tank work. Balance is never perfect, but the niche of the 'bad scout that wishes it had a medium's gun' only works for the median player when it actually has a medium's gun. Hence the relative success of the M41-90.

Some may argue that the M41-90 and other premium light tanks are OP since the re-tiering, but I'd argue that given the current meta's unfriendliness to these tactics in fact the normal lights were over-nerfed across the board.

JLdragon #23 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 18:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18037 battles
  • [MISF] MISF

View Postramp4ge, on Oct 13 2018 - 19:14, said:

The Jackson only has 160 pen with it's standard round.

I stand corrected. it is only 160 standard round, funny enough though the jackson still has a higher pen with gold rounds at 243 vs the 210 on the M41D. I still believe this tanks pen values should be adjusted higher to like 185/240 at least to stand any kind of chance when matched into a battle vs any Tier 10s of any type.

Also tagged with supertest

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users