Jump to content


When are the 2v2 tournaments?


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Hardcorpse #1 Posted Oct 13 2018 - 05:20

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 28085 battles
  • 57
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    12-30-2013

The TOURNAMENT SEARCH page says the 2v2 tournaments start at 17:00, 20 Oct, but when I click on either of the tournaments the SCHEDULE lists the starting date and time as 10/19 21:00 ET.

 

 

I think it would be easier for everybody if the dates and times were listed in UTC. After all, this is an military-themed international game, and every major military in the world uses UTC in order to avoid these types of problems.



spedkey #2 Posted Oct 13 2018 - 05:31

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 15618 battles
  • 806
  • Member since:
    06-02-2013

I agree, tho at this point I always know my time difference to ET.

FWIW the first image should show time in your time zone. The description in the second image is manually set.



Hardcorpse #3 Posted Oct 13 2018 - 05:46

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 28085 battles
  • 57
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    12-30-2013

View Postspedkey, on Oct 12 2018 - 23:31, said:

I agree, tho at this point I always know my time difference to ET.

FWIW the first image should show time in your time zone. The description in the second image is manually set.

 

My local time is ET.

 

The [Hardcore] 7v7: Saturday Rumble tournament does not have conflicting dates and times.

 

This is a problem with the Wargaming staff not calculating the times properly. If they simply posted UTC dates and times then they would likely see a geometric reduction in this type of error.

I recommend that Wargaming consider Lean Six Sigma training.



Vampiresbane #4 Posted Oct 13 2018 - 15:56

    Captain

  • Players
  • 29999 battles
  • 1,494
  • [MEDIC] MEDIC
  • Member since:
    06-27-2011
#1 I like the times as they are displayed now. It’s in military time for your time zone- not much thinking is required. Plus I would imagine WGNA inputs a time and their system outputs a time to the tanker based on their time zone info.
#2 I’m not sure WG is the right company for Lean training or events.  I’ve seen manufacturing companies with more organization claim they do Lean events when they completely botch this process and idea.

Hardcorpse #5 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 03:20

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 28085 battles
  • 57
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    12-30-2013

View PostVampiresbane, on Oct 13 2018 - 09:56, said:

#1 I like the times as they are displayed now. It’s in military time for your time zone- not much thinking is required. Plus I would imagine WGNA inputs a time and their system outputs a time to the tanker based on their time zone info.
#2 I’m not sure WG is the right company for Lean training or events. I’ve seen manufacturing companies with more organization claim they do Lean events when they completely botch this process and idea.

#1 What do you like about the way they are displayed now with two different days and times for a given tournament? Do you like missing battles, wasting your time by showing up a day early, or accidentally double-booking your tournaments and then deciding which teammates to screw over when you have to pick one?

#2 Any company that immediately discounts any attempt at improvement simply because they are worried about botching the process may as well just close up shop. I hope that WG does not share your negative, self-defeating attitude.

 

By the way, thanks for the feedback, but so far nobody has been able to definitively answer my question about when the tournaments start.



Action_Jackson_ #6 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 21:06

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 31823 battles
  • 17
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    05-03-2014
I actually missed a tournament last week due to the same problem it stated ion the main screen that it would be on the Saturday but then it ended up being on the Friday .   

TheDerpinator9000 #7 Posted Oct 15 2018 - 13:02

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 19098 battles
  • 295
  • [L-O-K] L-O-K
  • Member since:
    10-24-2014

View PostHardcorpse, on Oct 13 2018 - 21:20, said:

*snip*

 

By the way, thanks for the feedback, but so far nobody has been able to definitively answer my question about when the tournaments start.

 

This reply may or may not help, but I can try my best here. Having that said the main way for me with tournaments, is I completely disregard and ignore anything other than the title when in the tournament search page, the actual information I follow has always been the tournament page itself, and the information there.

 

Now, I do remember them having an update to the tournament system, and until they get that working properly (we all know this history.) it's gonna be somewhat weird I believe. (not that this is something that should be an issue.)

The tournament search page should feature your details accurately, showing the mode, tier, title, time, date, prizing, and so on as means of advertising it in a short form style format, to those looking for a tournament to play. I do agree there, but as this goes on, we'll just have to see through it until it gets fixed.

However the one main point I'd like to make with this ramble of a post, that I said early on; is that the best way to do tournament timing, is to follow the page itself

A good side piece of advice: be on an hour or two before it starts, get a few standard battles in to warm up and or what not, that's just something personally, I do, but it may be a good tip to help others, (or just my noob self doing extra things :P )

I hope this somewhat helped lol, 



Jambijon #8 Posted Oct 15 2018 - 18:58

    Community Coordinator

  • WG Staff
  • 3749 battles
  • 649
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014
We were making changes to how our tournaments were published and the time quoted above was our "announcement" time for the tournament.  Since it has caused some confusion, we'll default back to the time of the tournament.

Hardcorpse #9 Posted Oct 19 2018 - 03:28

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 28085 battles
  • 57
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    12-30-2013

View PostTheDerpinator9000, on Oct 15 2018 - 07:02, said:

 

I hope this somewhat helped lol, 

Thanks, but I decided not to participate until I understand when I am supposed to show up.

 

View PostJambijon, on Oct 15 2018 - 12:58, said:

We were making changes to how our tournaments were published and the time quoted above was our "announcement" time for the tournament.  Since it has caused some confusion, we'll default back to the time of the tournament.

What does "announcement" time mean, and why was it labeled "Start" time?






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users