tournament first time help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

CapnNoahJoJo03 #1 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 03:29

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 15855 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Yes this is my first time attempting to do a tournament, and there is absolutely no videos anywhere about actually playing a tournament. I went in and joined a guy for a 2v2 on Friday the 19th, but how will I get into the battle? Will I be sent a notification? Is it in team training? I don't wanna be a no show because I couldn't figure out how to get there!

Edit: Ok in the battle type tab I see one marked "Special Battle," do I just click on that come the 19th?

Edited by CapnNoahJoJo03, Oct 14 2018 - 03:31.

Jambijon #2 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 04:01

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3015 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Heres a link to our tournament guide: https://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/about/

We will be making some video content guides for this in the near future, but yes you are correct.  You will get a special battle notification up to 15 minutes prior to the tournament that will allow you to opt in.

CapnNoahJoJo03 #3 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 04:30

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 15855 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostJambijon, on Oct 13 2018 - 22:01, said:

Heres a link to our tournament guide: https://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/about/

We will be making some video content guides for this in the near future, but yes you are correct.  You will get a special battle notification up to 15 minutes prior to the tournament that will allow you to opt in.

Thanks!

Gravtech #4 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 05:45

Major

• Players
  • 30592 battles

Just a bit of info:

Tournaments pop up in the same was that a CW battles does. When your battle is up there will be a 'special battles' tab on the very bottom of your screen next to your chat windows that will flash. Clicking on that will either bring you into the special battle lobby or ask you to transfer servers.

Once you're in the lobby you have to do 2 things:

- Pull yourself over to the team roster. You do this by clicking on your name which should give it a gold-ish highlight. Then click on the small '>' arrow and you will be put into the team lineup. 

- Ready up (pick your tank and click 'ready' on button which will be on the bottom right. If you're already in the team lineup for the tournament you can be unreadied and ready up when you're ready (say you need to swap ammo, crew, etc.)

Rhadamanthuz #5 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 18:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34165 battles
  • [P2WIN] P2WIN
NA server has tournaments, when did that come back? 

RECON_RANGER #6 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 20:59

Captain

• Players
  • 37066 battles

It's all lies.

Nothing but lies. 

commander42 #7 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 21:21

Major

• Players
  • 24265 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P
pops up in a special battle window, you will see the right battle there, you click it and the screen will come up with the individual team que, switching yourself over is easy, then you just ready up your vehicle and wait til it hits 0 and it will put you into the battle from there.  .

The hardest part of tournaments is actually finding a team, in the past when they did them they used to allow you to automatically be paired up using the system but for some reason I noticed when they brought it back when I tried to play last week they got rid of that feature.  So if you don't find a full team you cant even enter a tournament now.

IterativeHail27 #8 Posted Yesterday, 12:11 AM

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 35171 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

1) Turn off your cheats (not that you would have any :unsure:) select the tournament you think youd be interested in

2) click read more about tournament if the option is available or simply "more/read more" and scroll to the bottom of the page where schedule is highlighted check that you are available within the timezone relevant for your location for the tournament start.

3) log in and create a team by clicking the orange button at the top of the page fill out the information when youre done and have assembled a team via password invitations or free access joins  go back to the tournament page and click 'confirm lineup' before the deadline of registration. failing to do this will make your team null and void and you will not be able to compete.

4) wait till the scheduled time of the tournament in game consider inviting your teammates to a training room and into a team speak client server or simply use in game chat to discuss strategies for the map and maximum tier allowed ex himmelsdorf 5v5 maximum tier 34 this means you can have up to a MAXIMUM of 34 with all of your tank's tiers added up a 5v5 with 35 would mean 5x7=35 so you can have 5 tier 7s 34 means you have to have a tier 6 and 4 tier 7s for optimal usage of the maximum tier allowed.

5) when the battle is about to begin a special battle icon will appear at the bottom of your screen next to your general chat window and other conversation windows click it and enter the lobby. be mindful youre in a lobby and you have to select a tank click ready to confirm the tank and then lastly you also have to transfer your tank and username from the left pane to the right pane to actually insert yourself into your team line up again the left pane is just a lobby for picking people for your team including yourself if you fail to transfer yourself over using the > icon to the right pane of the window you will not be confirmed for the fight and will not going battle but your opponent might which will inevitably cause you to not only waste a bunch of preparation time but also get you off to a bad start in a round robin tournament.

6) check to see which group you are in via the top of the window in the special battle tab alternatively you can manually search the tournament page for your group number and see how many battles you have (bottom of the page) some round robins have 4 battles,5,6,7 etc but all of them require you to fight every team in your group and the highest scoring 3 points for wins 1 for draw 0 to losses will determine the ending position of your team and prizes. 

7) wait until pigs can fly to receive your rewards especially if it includes a premium tank or a complex allotment of rewards fortunately gold is paid out pretty quickly but no seriously up to two weeks after the tourney has ended and some tourneys span 3-4 days where u fight ond mon tues wed and thurs for usually a big pot of prizes.

Edited by IterativeHail27, Yesterday, 12:17 AM.

Also tagged with tournament, first time, help

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users