Jump to content


37k matches. WOT, make your money. Fix GOLD ammo.

hate gold. fuck gold.

  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Dr_VonStinkfinger #1 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 04:24

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 37333 battles
  • 28
  • [-BTU-] -BTU-
  • Member since:
    09-21-2013

Reduce the pen.

Reduce the damage.

Reduce something.

Cant keep it at the same pen. Less damage.

More damage, less pen.

Cockslap a midget.

I took a 10 month break, cause premium got out of control, please do something.

 



KingAuthur #2 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 04:32

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2184 battles
  • 122
  • Member since:
    11-12-2012

theresmore than ammo that's the problem

I think they could care less

that's how it looks to me anyway



_Tsavo_ #3 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 04:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 41912 battles
  • 17,129
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011
So long as stupidly armored things (Yoo, hoo, Type 555555555) remain in the game, Imma shoot gold at whatever, whenever.  Ya can't stop meh.

GeorgePreddy #4 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 04:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 14345 battles
  • 9,792
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG
  • Member since:
    04-11-2013


Crimson_Saber #5 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 04:57

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 14364 battles
  • 579
  • Member since:
    04-23-2016
If I see German/Japanese super heavies. Or ANY tank from the Russia tech tree.  I'm loading gold no matter what. 

POLIZEI110 #6 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 05:00

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 51748 battles
  • 257
  • Member since:
    03-16-2012

I keep it simple, no gold rounds ever, 3 strikes and I'm out.

That is, I fire 3 rounds, well aimed, if RNG gives the BS bounce crap, I'm done and moving on to next match.

RNG handicap me for too long and I stop shooting all together and continue rushing the field till that rigging -25% rng crap stops!!!



_Tsavo_ #7 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 05:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 41912 battles
  • 17,129
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011

View PostPOLIZEI110, on Oct 13 2018 - 23:00, said:

I keep it simple, no gold rounds ever, 3 strikes and I'm out.

That is, I fire 3 rounds, well aimed, if RNG gives the BS bounce crap, I'm done and moving on to next match.

RNG handicap me for too long and I stop shooting all together and continue rushing the field till that rigging -25% rng crap stops!!!

 

Wow, way to be a detriment to your teams, man.

 

Also: not rigged, mate.



Isola_di_Fano #8 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 06:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 21743 battles
  • 3,573
  • Member since:
    11-05-2012

I usually start some gold rounds unless I am top tier, and then evaluate.

 

 



Bavor #9 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 07:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 30946 battles
  • 2,870
  • Member since:
    04-21-2013

View PostDr_VonStinkfinger, on Oct 13 2018 - 22:24, said:

Reduce the pen.

Reduce the damage.

Reduce something.

Cant keep it at the same pen. Less damage.

More damage, less pen.

Cockslap a midget.

I took a 10 month break, cause premium got out of control, please do something.

 

I went back and watched a bunch of my replays a while ago.  More for learning how to improve, but I also took note of the gold rounds fired at me.  It seems that an overwhelming majority of gold rounds were fired by players who were either in the top 1% of skill or the bottom 40% of skill according to WN8.  The top 1% are probably trying to 3 mark tanks or stat pad.  The bottom 40% are just bad at the game and either don't want to aim or don't know how to aim for weak spots.

 

If Wargaming wouldn't make tanks with very small weak frontal spots or nearly no frontal weak spots and cram them into corridor maps, then there would be a lot less "gold" round usage.  Gold rounds aren't the issue.  Maps design and tank balance are the issue.



Person012345 #10 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 08:47

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 12422 battles
  • 638
  • Member since:
    01-07-2012
Gold is a pain when it's spammed against tanks that rely on armour, but aren't one of the tanks that is just ridiculously tough and don't care much about gold anyway if played right. If they start firing gold, you have every right to fire gold back. It's an issue imo (I remember when it cost actual gold and noone used them, the game wasn't fundamentally completely broken back then, though heavy tanks were moe difficult to deal with), but one of the more minor ones.

shaggy996 #11 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 10:45

    Captain

  • Players
  • 43771 battles
  • 1,352
  • [_SF_] _SF_
  • Member since:
    11-17-2012

View PostPOLIZEI110, on Oct 13 2018 - 20:00, said:

I keep it simple, no gold rounds ever, 3 strikes and I'm out.

That is, I fire 3 rounds, well aimed, if RNG gives the BS bounce crap, I'm done and moving on to next match.

RNG handicap me for too long and I stop shooting all together and continue rushing the field till that rigging -25% rng crap stops!!!

 

the mind of a moron 45% tomato

Ironbutt2015 #12 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 11:35

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 15562 battles
  • 109
  • Member since:
    09-22-2015

Fact - There is no tank in the game that is immune to all normal rounds either armor piercing or explosive

 

Agreed - That it is a game and people should be allowed to play and have fun their own way.  I know my own playstyle is a much more difficult one than what most others do and once in a while it gets me in trouble but I enjoy it that way and accept it and it saves me a lot of money.  

 

Opinion - Good skilled play by either attacker or opponent, is reduced/eliminated by the others use of premium/gold ammo.  All your hard work to get a tough tank is eliminated by some little pipsqueak tank firing gold.  Does not seem fair at all. 

Why cannot the tough tank spend gold to increase its armor by adding spaced armor or reactive armor?  Also, where does it end? 

I would not shed a tear if premium/gold ammo disappeared from the game.  

 

 



shaggy996 #13 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 11:58

    Captain

  • Players
  • 43771 battles
  • 1,352
  • [_SF_] _SF_
  • Member since:
    11-17-2012

View PostIronbutt2015, on Oct 14 2018 - 02:35, said:

Fact - There is no tank in the game that is immune to all normal rounds either armor piercing or explosive

 

Agreed - That it is a game and people should be allowed to play and have fun their own way.  I know my own playstyle is a much more difficult one than what most others do and once in a while it gets me in trouble but I enjoy it that way and accept it and it saves me a lot of money.  

 

Opinion - Good skilled play by either attacker or opponent, is reduced/eliminated by the others use of premium/gold ammo.  All your hard work to get a tough tank is eliminated by some little pipsqueak tank firing gold.  Does not seem fair at all. 

Why cannot the tough tank spend gold to increase its armor by adding spaced armor or reactive armor?  Also, where does it end? 

I would not shed a tear if premium/gold ammo disappeared from the game.  

 

 

 

Fact - you are absolutely wrong.

 

 



Nixeldon #14 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 12:04

    Captain

  • Players
  • 56758 battles
  • 1,565
  • Member since:
    10-30-2011

View Postshaggy996, on Oct 14 2018 - 05:58, said:

 

Fact - you are absolutely wrong.

 

 

 

^^^

n00bfarmer #15 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 12:11

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 21 battles
  • 858
  • Member since:
    12-14-2017
yeah...two big problems with the game for years: HE based tanks and gold rounds. So what did WG do? Yep, they made tanks with HE based gold rounds (jap heavy tier 9 and 10 tanks). Take two bad ideas and combine into one...way to go wg...

Kyungri_9MUSES #16 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 12:21

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 35495 battles
  • 59
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
  • Member since:
    02-19-2011
Do you just run when you see a type 5 lmbo...

_Katyusha___ #17 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 13:34

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 14165 battles
  • 800
  • [AWOO] AWOO
  • Member since:
    09-17-2016

APCR is OK

 

Do you know what is cancer for the game? E25 players



Sparkster3 #18 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 13:43

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 3403 battles
  • 104
  • [SPK] SPK
  • Member since:
    02-03-2018

View PostIronbutt2015, on Oct 14 2018 - 05:35, said:

Fact - There is no tank in the game that is immune to all normal rounds either armor piercing or explosive

 

Agreed - That it is a game and people should be allowed to play and have fun their own way.  I know my own playstyle is a much more difficult one than what most others do and once in a while it gets me in trouble but I enjoy it that way and accept it and it saves me a lot of money.  

 

Opinion - Good skilled play by either attacker or opponent, is reduced/eliminated by the others use of premium/gold ammo.  All your hard work to get a tough tank is eliminated by some little pipsqueak tank firing gold.  Does not seem fair at all. 

Why cannot the tough tank spend gold to increase its armor by adding spaced armor or reactive armor?  Also, where does it end? 

I would not shed a tear if premium/gold ammo disappeared from the game.  

 

 

lol makes me want to fire more gold, life aint fair son



GeorgePreddy #19 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 14:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 14345 battles
  • 9,792
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG
  • Member since:
    04-11-2013

View PostPOLIZEI110, on Oct 14 2018 - 01:00, said:

I keep it simple, no gold rounds ever, 3 strikes and I'm out.

That is, I fire 3 rounds, well aimed, if RNG gives the BS bounce crap, I'm done and moving on to next match.

RNG handicap me for too long and I stop shooting all together and continue rushing the field till that rigging -25% rng crap stops!!!

 

 

"Same as it ever was... same as it ever was... same as it ever was..."      - Talking Heads

 

OP, the Talking Heads know that RNG is the same as it ever was... randomly applied at the time of each individual shot and never changed for any player, team, battle or mode.

 

 

 



ThePigSheFlies #20 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 14:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 63921 battles
  • 16,453
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View Post_Tsavo_, on Oct 13 2018 - 22:41, said:

So long as stupidly armored things (Yoo, hoo, Type 555555555) remain in the game, Imma shoot gold at whatever, whenever.  Ya can't stop meh.

 

especially on tiny funnel maps




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users