spotting concealment AMX CDA

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

YANKEE137 #1 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 17:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 10592 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

Bought this recently and am training up crew from scratch, so no skills/perks yet.  Not having 6th sense is a curse but this seems to have a giant KICK ME sign on it. I am getting spotted a lot it seems. I have binos, camo and camo net, but I am switching to optics and maybe I should trade the net for fan?  I can't bring myself to blow all the free XP gold to buff crew skills. 

Being bottom tier most games doesn't help either, but there's nothing to be done about that.

24_inch_pythons #2 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 17:55

Major

• Players
  • 24521 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

Try to keep your enemies outside of your spotting circle until you get 6th sense.

And burn your crew and XP boosters, buy a single day of premium time. You will get 6th sense in no time.

oldewolfe #3 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 17:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 18563 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

Always Play like you're Spotted is the best Advice I can give, 6th Sense on the Commander or Not.....          In a Casemate TD, you have even Less Maneuverability and Fewer Options than a Turreted Tank in Gun Placement....      This basically means you're ALWAYS on the Defensive for anything dressed in Red......

When in Doubt, be ready to Pack Up and Run....

As for Skills, I have the Kanonen which is a Less Armored CDA.....     I also have a well Groomed Skorpion Crew that I swapped in 3/4 of due to the Crew Layout differences....     But I started my Kanonen Crew Full Camo, went Net, Binocs, and Vents before the Crew Shuffle.....      The Lone Kanonen Crewman when he finished Camo, I reset him to BiA to match the Skorpion Crew I shuffled in....      I actually expected a much bigger Hit to my Camo when I did it, but they Dropped from 63% to 60% or so, not what I expected at all......

But I would just keep Grinding thru Camo, the First Skill doesn't take long....      Reset the Commander to 6th and start BiA for 2nd so as to get the Most out of the Crew and their Skills.....      Then start the Vision Skills where they can be used.....

BillDing1 #4 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 17:58

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6370 battles
You really need to play at a distance with it, the camo doesn't hold up. I love everything else about the tank from what I played from the rental. For me I ran binos, vents, rammer cause the view range it too bad to run optics and the gun handling was good enough for me to not care for gld and would rather have the minor dpm/ camo buff from vents.

ArmorStorm #5 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 18:24

Major

• Players
  • 35468 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

Back up from your bush until you can just see the outline before shooting.  If you shoot, reposition and let 10 seconds go by before setting up again.  

Just assume you are always visible after shooting and half the time if you don't.

General_Lee_Miserable #6 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 18:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 10012 battles

View PostArmorStorm, on Oct 14 2018 - 18:24, said:

Back up from your bush until you can just see the outline before shooting.  If you shoot, reposition and let 10 seconds go by before setting up again.  

Just assume you are always visible after shooting and half the time if you don't.

Re-positioning is very good advice even when you have 6th sense. If you are on the top of a hill, just back down a bit after every shot. Even if you aren't spotted, someone is going to know that shot came from the bush (especially the well known ones) and just blind shot it. If you play arty, advice holds true as well. Because, you'll have some hero on the other team just doing nothing but looking for counter battery kills all battle. 

Also tagged with spotting, concealment, AMX CDA

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users