• [DHO6] DHO6
That’s what I said the other day.

WhineMaker #22 Posted Oct 15 2018 - 20:43

Major

• Players
  • 38016 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostDuqe, on Oct 15 2018 - 10:20, said:

The typical griefer response, that comes here to the community to actively delight in people complaining about the aspect which is strictly anti-fun.

Do you need a box of tissues as well as the towels?

WoT Blitz is ready and waiting for you... :great:

Kehox #23 Posted Oct 15 2018 - 21:08

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18695 battles
Go play wot blitz... arty free..M44 isnt op

Duqe #24 Posted Oct 15 2018 - 21:12

Major

• Players
  • 28056 battles
  • [M-M-E] M-M-E

View PostWhineMaker, on Oct 15 2018 - 20:43, said:

WoT Blitz is ready and waiting for you... :great:

Wow, can you stop beating that dead horse already? WoT Blitz is a mobile port and barely a functioning, worthwhile product.

Artillery players and their obsession with exclusively beating dead horses, not an original thought can persist in their heads.

videographer1 #25 Posted Oct 15 2018 - 21:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16638 battles

Every other artillery piece but the Lefh and the M44 is fine

The M44 needs to go, period, if you get shot once by it, you better pray to god he doesn't tunnel vision on you and perma track you to death or injects misery into someone else.

Duqe #26 Posted Oct 15 2018 - 22:08

Major

• Players
  • 28056 battles
  • [M-M-E] M-M-E

View Postvideographer1, on Oct 15 2018 - 21:43, said:

Every other artillery piece but the Lefh and the M44 is fine

The M44 needs to go, period, if you get shot once by it, you better pray to god he doesn't tunnel vision on you and perma track you to death or injects misery into someone else.

None of them are okay, but for the sake of your argument the M53/M55 and CGC are broken too.

Altwar #27 Posted Oct 15 2018 - 22:14

Major

• Players
  • 58294 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View PostDuqe, on Oct 15 2018 - 12:12, said:

Wow, can you stop beating that dead horse already? WoT Blitz is a mobile port and barely a functioning, worthwhile product.

Artillery players and their obsession with exclusively beating dead horses, not an original thought can persist in their heads.

WoT Blitz for the PC: https://store.steampowered.com/app/444200/World_of_Tanks_Blitz/

And its just offered as an alternative to those players who don't want SPGs in the game and/or blame SPGs for every ill under the WoT sun.  And yes, pointing to WoT Blitz as an alternative is like pointing out checkers to the chess player who doesn't like the non-standard knight piece moves.  And that can be looked at as the point.

Anyway, if you mean to beat a dead horse, talk to the topic rather than taking aim at those who oppose your view.   The topic here is the M44, which I can't speak directly to since its been years since I played it.  At that tier I prefer the Hummel as its the one in my garage and I can't remember why.  :trollface:   What I do know is that when I play at any of the tiers where the M44 may be found, it is rare that one on the opposing team may impact me in any way, especially as compared to other tanks found at that tier level.  Thus, its not even on my radar, and not a worry.  Certainly not to a level that any other vehicles are, especially the fast firing ones.

WhineMaker #28 Posted Oct 15 2018 - 22:52

Major

• Players
  • 38016 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostDuqe, on Oct 15 2018 - 12:12, said:

I guess Steam and the Windows 10 store have it all wrong and need to consult you before offering games that are compatible on Windows 10... :facepalm:

Since you have such issues playing the full pc version of WoT, which includes arty, WoT Blitz is a simple and viable workaround that fits into your arty free requirements... :arta:

View PostDuqe, on Oct 15 2018 - 13:08, said:

None of them are okay, but for the sake of your argument the M53/M55 and CGC are broken too.

I think you are missing a few with your arty free requirements, but we will let it pass for now... 

:child: :arta: :child: :arta: :child:

Duqe #29 Posted Oct 15 2018 - 22:54

Major

• Players
  • 28056 battles
  • [M-M-E] M-M-E

View PostWhineMaker, on Oct 15 2018 - 22:52, said:

I guess Steam and the Windows 10 store have it all wrong and need to consult you before offering games that are compatible on Windows 10... :facepalm:

Since you have such issues playing the full pc version of WoT, which includes arty, WoT Blitz is a simple and viable workaround that fits into your arty free requirements... :arta:

"Don't try to change anything for the better, love it or leave it, love it or leave it"

Altwar #30 Posted Oct 15 2018 - 23:23

Major

• Players
  • 58294 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View PostDuqe, on Oct 15 2018 - 13:54, said:

"Don't try to change anything for the better, love it or leave it, love it or leave it"

The thing is, some people say they want a change for the "better" and believe that any who disagree are incorrect and/or are resistant to change.  There can be no other way but their insisted change and they will keep repeating it so everyone remembers they aren't happy things are not their way....

WhineMaker #31 Posted Oct 15 2018 - 23:57

Major

• Players
  • 38016 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostDuqe, on Oct 15 2018 - 13:54, said:

Got anything to back up your claim of "change for the better", other than your opinion?

And no, images of your rectal area are not considered as backing your opinion... :ohmy:

Maybe you should take your own advice and go play WoT Blitz for your arty free games...

But, I know, that is too hard for you to understand and everyone that disagrees with you needs to make a sacrifice just for you...

Well, here's my sacrifice for you, I'll be playing nothing but arty, until the WoT server shuts down, just on the chance of making your games more dynamic and enjoyable... :arta:

Hope to see you on the red team... :great:

dunniteowl #32 Posted Oct 16 2018 - 01:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 30762 battles

View PostAdmiralDrake, on Oct 15 2018 - 11:29, said:

This tank is so broken. This tank has needed a nerf for ages and its better late than never. Lefh needs a nerf too but that isn't researchable like the M44 is and doesn't have stun.

I believe this tank needs an overall nerf to its gun and shell characteristics.

Tank needs a:

Higher reload

aim time

turret traverse

dispersion

reduction of shell velocity of 30m/s

maybe a decrease of 2-5mm of pen 

Its bad to the new player experience to have such an OP SPG that can easily club new players. New players at T4 who are unfortunate to see this beast will get 1 shot. If they aren't 1 shot then they will be smoke within 30s with such a high ROF especially if not carrying a small repair kit.

Its been said before and needs to be said again, nerf this broken OP M44. I just hope some WG employee sees this and passes this on because its very discouraging when everything 1 shots you at low tiers and this arty does it with ease. No other arty spells annoyance than a M44 or Lefh at mid tiers

If you think this arty is not OP then you must be those M44 players with over 2000 battles in it or that guy who rerolls every other day with a date as the username just to play the M44. Yep must not be OP to play it for that many battles. /s

There's no such thing as a "New Player" seeing Tier VI SPGs.  If they are, then they swam upstream a little too soon.  It's funny how folks like to complain something needs a nerf, because they themselves have a problem with it, not that it is necessarily a Real Problem for the game, which is where WG likes to sit in these matters.  With SPGs they have already nerfed them.

Any "buffs" the SPG classes got in aim time, reload and accuracy were non-significant, ranging in the 1% frame.  On the Other Side, the Nerfs pulled the Premium Ammo, cut in HALF Pen (at least in some cases it was more) and literally nearly halved (and in some cases more) the damage done.

When placed side by side, anyone arguing that arty got an overall buff is literally wearing some strange glasses that allow them to see things that are not there.  Are they still hated by arty haters?  You bet.  Arty haters going to hate until they die and they'll still probably hate it were it to be removed.  Only then, what will they turn to after that?  Haters gotta hate something and when the object of hate is removed, the finger has to turn in another direction.

I've seen it happen again and again in all kinds of games that have a wide variety of playing styles, people and units.  Someone is never happy, which is what WG is aware of and is WHY they repeatedly tell the Community in no uncertain terms, they don't see it as the issue arty haters do.

OvO

ProfessionalFinn #33 Posted Oct 16 2018 - 02:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 25796 battles
The M44 is so so so fun to play.  Try it, you will love it.

Exiledcrow #34 Posted Oct 16 2018 - 02:34

Major

• Players
  • 49807 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View PostDuqe, on Oct 15 2018 - 21:12, said:

Hmmm, complaining about beating dead horses AND complaining about arty at the same time?

Someone's irony meter is broken ...

leeuniverse #35 Posted Oct 16 2018 - 03:25

Major

• Players
  • 38646 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

M44 is one of the LAST "almost okay" arty in the game....  (at least okay lower tier)  So NO...

What you should be instead asking is for is for Wargaming to not give us CRAP TANKS.

1. Tanks having far too low HP to be able to play some before dying.  I.e. they should have around Triple the HP.

2. Arty doing too much damage, max damage should be MAX 300 to any tank (higher tier anyway)

3. Stun should be removed.

4. Power spread between Tiers should be FAR LESS like between 5-7%.

5. Tank speeds should be FAR better, especially on the low end in power/acceleration so tank can try and avoid Arty shots more.

6. Arty accuracy improved so Arty doesn't have to be crap, but the above helps tankers.

7. Only "1" Arty per side.

So, I propose instead of you all complaining to make the game WORSE, you actually propose to make the game BETTER FOR ALL involved.

Believe it or not, the above and more I'm forgetting atm will make the game enjoyable for both Arty player AND Tanker.

BTW, even though the M44 is "playable" it STILL SUCKS, so it actually needs a buff, just like all arty do.  But yes, it sucks less than most other arty in the game.

But again, it's per the above parameters and more.  Basically, I want to enjoy playing any tank I play, and I want the same for others.

"Nerfing" is not a solution "intelligent" people use to balance things.  There should be a certain LEVEL of "quality control".  Like a Bicycle.  Anyone can enjoy it, one doesn't have to have a racing bike.

This game is like a bicycle with two bent rims and flat tires.  That's NOT proper game development if you actually want to KEEP CUSTOMERS!

We shouldn't have to play crap to want to play this game.  Wargaming has no concept of quality control, and it appears to be a Russian thing because when Obsidian was trying to make a better tank game, My.com fired them and they've just made Armored Warfare worse.  Warthunders the same, it's massively BAD UI, and it's quick death makes the game unplayable for me.  Do these Russians not have any concept of "Modernity"?  Instead, they make their games look like 1980's Websites.

I_QQ_4_U #36 Posted Oct 16 2018 - 05:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 22518 battles

View PostBenjeeh_CA, on Oct 15 2018 - 20:29, said:

Best reload best gun traverse almost tied for best aim time and average everywhere else what definitely doesnt stand out that's why it's such a common tanks

Second best reload and only .58 sec faster than the Su-8, which has more alpha, second worst alpha overall, only the 304 is worse but reloads WAY faster. Second best aim time and not much better than the other three which all have more alpha, two of which have significantly more and more splash radius. The M44's strength is it's averageness, the AMX is better really, just maybe not as easy for scrub players that just sit still all game.

Hurk #37 Posted Oct 16 2018 - 05:02

Major

• Players
  • 55849 battles
  • [KGR] KGR

View PostI_QQ_4_U, on Oct 15 2018 - 21:00, said:

Second best reload and only .58 sec faster than the Su-8, which has more alpha, second worst alpha overall, only the 304 is worse but reloads WAY faster. Second best aim time and not much better than the other three which all have more alpha, two of which have significantly more and more splash radius. The M44's strength is it's averageness, the AMX is better really, just maybe not as easy for scrub players that just sit still all game.

yes, on paper it should not do as well as it does, however, it does and its numbers show it.

i think the huge overlooked advantage it has is the 30 degree aiming. 

as you said, unlike the rest, it has no obvious bad qualities, while also not being specifically great at anything.  that averageness is power. 

WhineMaker #38 Posted Oct 16 2018 - 16:45

Major

• Players
  • 38016 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View Postleeuniverse, on Oct 15 2018 - 18:25, said:

M44 is one of the LAST "almost okay" arty in the game....  (at least okay lower tier)  So NO...

What you should be instead asking is for is for Wargaming to not give us CRAP TANKS.

1. Tanks having far too low HP to be able to play some before dying.  I.e. they should have around Triple the HP.

2. Arty doing too much damage, max damage should be MAX 300 to any tank (higher tier anyway)

3. Stun should be removed.

4. Power spread between Tiers should be FAR LESS like between 5-7%.

5. Tank speeds should be FAR better, especially on the low end in power/acceleration so tank can try and avoid Arty shots more.

6. Arty accuracy improved so Arty doesn't have to be crap, but the above helps tankers.

7. Only "1" Arty per side.

So, I propose instead of you all complaining to make the game WORSE, you actually propose to make the game BETTER FOR ALL involved.

Believe it or not, the above and more I'm forgetting atm will make the game enjoyable for both Arty player AND Tanker.

BTW, even though the M44 is "playable" it STILL SUCKS, so it actually needs a buff, just like all arty do.  But yes, it sucks less than most other arty in the game.

But again, it's per the above parameters and more.  Basically, I want to enjoy playing any tank I play, and I want the same for others.

"Nerfing" is not a solution "intelligent" people use to balance things.  There should be a certain LEVEL of "quality control".  Like a Bicycle.  Anyone can enjoy it, one doesn't have to have a racing bike.

This game is like a bicycle with two bent rims and flat tires.  That's NOT proper game development if you actually want to KEEP CUSTOMERS!

We shouldn't have to play crap to want to play this game.  Wargaming has no concept of quality control, and it appears to be a Russian thing because when Obsidian was trying to make a better tank game, My.com fired them and they've just made Armored Warfare worse.  Warthunders the same, it's massively BAD UI, and it's quick death makes the game unplayable for me.  Do these Russians not have any concept of "Modernity"?  Instead, they make their games look like 1980's Websites.

Here we go again with the neuter arty to uselessness... :ohmy:

All because of my precious stats... :facepalm:

leeuniverse #39 Posted Oct 16 2018 - 20:54

Major

• Players
  • 38646 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostWhineMaker, on Oct 16 2018 - 08:45, said:

Here we go again with the neuter arty to uselessness... :ohmy:

All because of my precious stats... :facepalm:

And here we go again with a dude who can't understand I'm actually IMPROVING Arty, not "neutering" it.

- Proper accurate Arty means more food and less frustration for Arty player.

- Less Arty playing at the same time means more food for the Arty player instead of being taken by other arty players.

- Tanks having more HP means more food for Arty not simply due to increased HP of tanks means more food, but games won't go as quick, thus Arty will have more of a chance to do good damage instead of the game being over before the arty can even do anything (which occurs currently).

- Tanks having more HP also means Arty itself will have more HP, which means it can have a fighting chance.  Plus, other proposals by me for improving arty is making it faster and being able to shoot in a TD mode.

- Having played Armored Warfares Arty, it did around 300 Damage, yet it was properly accurate, and even that alone (let alone my other improvements as offered here which that game didn't have) made the class VERY enjoyable to play, and it competed just fine with tanks.

Would recommend going back to the drawing board in understanding what I'm proposing.  I'm greatly improving arty, not neutering it.

Further, Arty sucks in relation to stats, making arty better means stats will be better, such as when arty were better in the past such as the FV304 etc., I could get good stats out of it.  I don't get good stats with crap tanks that can't "perform" aka have decent speeds, etc.

dunniteowl #40 Posted Oct 16 2018 - 21:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 30762 battles

You know, leeuniverse, I might almost accept that.

I believe that the cap on arty was silly though.  The time when there could be five was weird (which was the limit I came in with) though from tales told there were times when it was basically an all arty party.  Doesn't this say something about their 'popularity' in truth?  Wouldn't WGs statements about most folks liking it okay be valid if the limit were removed and the numbers suddenly jumped up?  Doesn't the past and the continual limitations to how many can play at a time sort of put a finer point on it?

Of course, this does prove problematic for the extremely vocal anti-arty group to review that data of the past with an eye to seeing how popular it was then and remains, according to the Devs now.

Even so, like I said, I could almost go for your suggestion.  I have to admit, when I play arty and am the only one, I think, "Whoop, I'm'a making some XP this time!"  The best arty moment for me is Me in arty alone and LOTS of HVY tanks.  So I could probably go for your suggestion.

Not a bad idea overall.

OvO

Also tagged with M44, NERF M44

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users