Jump to content


Some Long Overdue Thanks

Story Tanks Thankful Help

  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

_Miyuki_ #1 Posted Oct 17 2018 - 16:13

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 13357 battles
  • 979
  • [PZB] PZB
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011

Hello everyone.  I wanted to say a few things about this game, mainly about my journey through tanks and the people who i've met along the way.  There are quite a few people who deserve recognition and thanks for the efforts they have put in to helping other players, even if it was just one other player, and I know i'm going to forget some people and events here.

 

First, I started this game in 2011/2012 and was not very good at all.  I mainly played with a few friends who came over from another game.  We all got talked into joining a clan called Iron Hammer -IH-.  Let's just say that we were not taught good tanking here, and leaders in the clan tried to get people to come into CW battles with tier 7's and tier 8's against all Tier 10 teams.  It obviously didn't go over well.  I remember the first time I actually had a tier 10 for CW, my IS-7.  I was very proud  of it, and our leaders decided that because we had a full team of tier 10 tanks, we were going to go to England and take it over.  Our first ( and only one that i remember) attempt was a resounding failure.  We went against PURPL on Live Oaks, and I was the lead IS-7 in our push, a push which ended very quickly in our defeat with at most 1 enemy tank dead.

 

After seeing how badly we were beaten and the difference between good and bad players, I decided that I needed to improve.  This was done by reading guides, goign to the forums and asking for better players advice on how to play better, things like that.  -IH- folded, and I ended up joining BURDY in 2013.  This is where I really started to get better at the game, finally getting over 50% winrate and actually understanding how my tanks worked and how to work with a team.  After spending some time here, it was time to move onto a clan that was gearing up to do CW.  This was BUNEH.

 

Buneh was a lot of fun at first.  I managed to improve even further, and get more tanks that could be used in CW.  The players in the community were helpful and willing to point out things that needed to get better.  Our first piece of land that we captured in CW was Raleigh, North Carolina on September 15 of 2013.  We worked well as a team, and accomplished our goal of getting onto the global map.  BUNEH won a few more battles as we went on, but at some point a couple months after I joined BUNEH there was some drama on the forums, and BUNEH ceased to be a good place to be.

 

This is where I did my first stint with PZB.  PZB was just a group of friends from different places who wanted to have fun.  It was a fun place to play tanks, but we were not competitive in CW or any organized play.  We had a mix of good players and bad players, but the most important thing was that we enjoyed doing things together. This did not translate to good performance in CW though on the few times we actually tried to do CW.  After a few months there I was getting the itch to do competitive CW again, so I left PZB and joined FOXEY.

 

FOXEY was a lot different than any of my previous clans.  CW was a bit more serious there.  Players were definitely on a higher level skillwise than any other clans i'd been in as well.  I still enjoyed playing with FOXEY, and CW was definitely a much better experience here.  However, my time with FOXEY ended because after a couple months I decided to stop playing WoT to focus on work and other IRL things, so I went inactive.

 

My inactive period didn't last long, and I joined back up with PZB.  The clan had improved a little bit, and was still a lot of fun, but we decided to participate in the current campaign in CW to try and get the reward tank.  I can't recall which campaign this was, just that it was around November of 2014, and I had just been laid off from the job I had been working.  I know we didn't do very well in the campaign, and i'd decided that with the free time I had it was time to focus on joining a competitive clan again.

 

December 2014 I ended up joining SHOJO.  SHOJO was....a very interesting place.  Skillwise again it was higher than any previous clan i'd been in except maybe FOXEY, and it was a lot of fun.  The big difference to me was just how many different personalities there were.  The other big difference is that when we started doing CW I remember this being the most successful CW clan I was in.  We had a good showing in CL, the campaigns, the Global map.  I definitely learned the most about organized play from my time in SHOJO, but all good things come to an end.  IRL things happened again, I went mostly inactive and joined SNPAI, then when I went active again a few months later joined -UV-.

 

-UV- seemed a bit more of a serious bunch than I remember SHOJO being.  Again it had many good players, and had some CW success, but at one point I took a few days off and came back to find all the people I played with in the clan had left to form a new one.  I still don't know what exactly happened, but I followed the people I spent the most time playing with and joined TEMPL, which at some point changed it's name to F0CUS.  There I stayed, enjoying the time I spent there, but I got bored of WoT and took a long break.  I came back a few months ago, dropped tags so they could get an active player as I didn't think i'd be able to come back and be competitive again, then went inactive again.  Starting this Sunday however, I decided it was time to come back to WoT.  I've rejoined my friends at PZB, which is in a much better place than it was when I previously left it back in 2014.

 

So that's a very brief summary of my career in WoT.  I know, not very interesting to most, but it sets the stage for why i'm thanking the people who helped me.  To start it off, I want to say thank you to BustinJeebs and Woehammer.  They were my first regular platoonmates back in -IH- and a big part of why I wanted to get better at the game.  We played together until they ended up quitting the game for various reasons.  I want to say thank you to Aleeshia and MrMoonlight from BURDY.  They made that a fun place, and a very helpful one to the people who joined trying to improve at tanks.  I want to say thank you to Okeano and sr360 for platooning with me and pointing out various things i could improve about my game.  Playing next to you was a great eye opener about how important communication was and what people of your skill level were capable of doing.

 

I want to say thank you to Neverwish for all the work you've done and for the time in BUNEH.  I still remember our Crucial Contribution on Widepark, that was a very close game at the end.  I want to say thanks to Tefftorbes and Kittikat from FOXEY, for what they did during my time there.  Kittikat for getting my Hornet LTI, hopefully i'll have a computer good enough to play Star Citizen at some point lol.

 

I want to say thanks to Melvin for getting me to join SHOJO.  I met some great people there, like Flugel and Sleepy.  I want to say thanks to Systems and Tamagakure for their work during my time in SHOJO.  We had some interesting people, like Bael, Bfizzle, Laceylace, and it was for the most part a very good time there we had.  I want to say thanks to Psycho and Mala for the work in -UV- and then F0CUS, you guys were great to platoon with and talk to.  I hope one day to be good enough to play alongside you again, but for now I have a lot of work to do to get back to that point.

 

Lastly I want to thank all the guys in PZB for just being good friends.  I really am thankful for everything that the people i've named and the ones i've forgotten have done to help me become a  better tanker.  There is so much negativity on the forums and life in general.  People who put in the effort to help others deserve to be recognized, and know their efforts are appreciated.

 

I know most of those on this list are probable not playing this game anymore, but if even one is and sees this i'll be happy.  Now though it's time to focus on getting back to a better level of play and trying to stay positive.  Good luck and have fun tanking everyone!

 

PS.  If anyone wants to give me some pointers on how to deal with all these new tank lines and map changes that would be greatly appreciated.



PunCzarBlintz #2 Posted Oct 17 2018 - 16:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 75702 battles
  • 2,856
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
  • Member since:
    10-29-2011
Cool Story Bro....

read_these_nikes #3 Posted Oct 17 2018 - 16:58

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 16256 battles
  • 275
  • Member since:
    02-13-2015
dam what a wall of text, are you high?

black_colt #4 Posted Oct 17 2018 - 17:03

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 3737 battles
  • 2,723
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015

View Post_Miyuki_, on Oct 17 2018 - 07:13, said:

Hello everyone.  I wanted to say a few things about this game, mainly about my journey through tanks and the people who i've met along the way.  There are quite a few people who deserve recognition and thanks for the efforts they have put in to helping other players, even if it was just one other player, and I know i'm going to forget some people and events here.

 

First, I started this game in 2011/2012 and was not very good at all.  I mainly played with a few friends who came over from another game.  We all got talked into joining a clan called Iron Hammer -IH-.  Let's just say that we were not taught good tanking here, and leaders in the clan tried to get people to come into CW battles with tier 7's and tier 8's against all Tier 10 teams.  It obviously didn't go over well.  I remember the first time I actually had a tier 10 for CW, my IS-7.  I was very proud  of it, and our leaders decided that because we had a full team of tier 10 tanks, we were going to go to England and take it over.  Our first ( and only one that i remember) attempt was a resounding failure.  We went against PURPL on Live Oaks, and I was the lead IS-7 in our push, a push which ended very quickly in our defeat with at most 1 enemy tank dead.

 

After seeing how badly we were beaten and the difference between good and bad players, I decided that I needed to improve.  This was done by reading guides, goign to the forums and asking for better players advice on how to play better, things like that.  -IH- folded, and I ended up joining BURDY in 2013.  This is where I really started to get better at the game, finally getting over 50% winrate and actually understanding how my tanks worked and how to work with a team.  After spending some time here, it was time to move onto a clan that was gearing up to do CW.  This was BUNEH.

 

Buneh was a lot of fun at first.  I managed to improve even further, and get more tanks that could be used in CW.  The players in the community were helpful and willing to point out things that needed to get better.  Our first piece of land that we captured in CW was Raleigh, North Carolina on September 15 of 2013.  We worked well as a team, and accomplished our goal of getting onto the global map.  BUNEH won a few more battles as we went on, but at some point a couple months after I joined BUNEH there was some drama on the forums, and BUNEH ceased to be a good place to be.

 

This is where I did my first stint with PZB.  PZB was just a group of friends from different places who wanted to have fun.  It was a fun place to play tanks, but we were not competitive in CW or any organized play.  We had a mix of good players and bad players, but the most important thing was that we enjoyed doing things together. This did not translate to good performance in CW though on the few times we actually tried to do CW.  After a few months there I was getting the itch to do competitive CW again, so I left PZB and joined FOXEY.

 

FOXEY was a lot different than any of my previous clans.  CW was a bit more serious there.  Players were definitely on a higher level skillwise than any other clans i'd been in as well.  I still enjoyed playing with FOXEY, and CW was definitely a much better experience here.  However, my time with FOXEY ended because after a couple months I decided to stop playing WoT to focus on work and other IRL things, so I went inactive.

 

My inactive period didn't last long, and I joined back up with PZB.  The clan had improved a little bit, and was still a lot of fun, but we decided to participate in the current campaign in CW to try and get the reward tank.  I can't recall which campaign this was, just that it was around November of 2014, and I had just been laid off from the job I had been working.  I know we didn't do very well in the campaign, and i'd decided that with the free time I had it was time to focus on joining a competitive clan again.

 

December 2014 I ended up joining SHOJO.  SHOJO was....a very interesting place.  Skillwise again it was higher than any previous clan i'd been in except maybe FOXEY, and it was a lot of fun.  The big difference to me was just how many different personalities there were.  The other big difference is that when we started doing CW I remember this being the most successful CW clan I was in.  We had a good showing in CL, the campaigns, the Global map.  I definitely learned the most about organized play from my time in SHOJO, but all good things come to an end.  IRL things happened again, I went mostly inactive and joined SNPAI, then when I went active again a few months later joined -UV-.

 

-UV- seemed a bit more of a serious bunch than I remember SHOJO being.  Again it had many good players, and had some CW success, but at one point I took a few days off and came back to find all the people I played with in the clan had left to form a new one.  I still don't know what exactly happened, but I followed the people I spent the most time playing with and joined TEMPL, which at some point changed it's name to F0CUS.  There I stayed, enjoying the time I spent there, but I got bored of WoT and took a long break.  I came back a few months ago, dropped tags so they could get an active player as I didn't think i'd be able to come back and be competitive again, then went inactive again.  Starting this Sunday however, I decided it was time to come back to WoT.  I've rejoined my friends at PZB, which is in a much better place than it was when I previously left it back in 2014.

 

So that's a very brief summary of my career in WoT.  I know, not very interesting to most, but it sets the stage for why i'm thanking the people who helped me.  To start it off, I want to say thank you to BustinJeebs and Woehammer.  They were my first regular platoonmates back in -IH- and a big part of why I wanted to get better at the game.  We played together until they ended up quitting the game for various reasons.  I want to say thank you to Aleeshia and MrMoonlight from BURDY.  They made that a fun place, and a very helpful one to the people who joined trying to improve at tanks.  I want to say thank you to Okeano and sr360 for platooning with me and pointing out various things i could improve about my game.  Playing next to you was a great eye opener about how important communication was and what people of your skill level were capable of doing.

 

I want to say thank you to Neverwish for all the work you've done and for the time in BUNEH.  I still remember our Crucial Contribution on Widepark, that was a very close game at the end.  I want to say thanks to Tefftorbes and Kittikat from FOXEY, for what they did during my time there.  Kittikat for getting my Hornet LTI, hopefully i'll have a computer good enough to play Star Citizen at some point lol.

 

I want to say thanks to Melvin for getting me to join SHOJO.  I met some great people there, like Flugel and Sleepy.  I want to say thanks to Systems and Tamagakure for their work during my time in SHOJO.  We had some interesting people, like Bael, Bfizzle, Laceylace, and it was for the most part a very good time there we had.  I want to say thanks to Psycho and Mala for the work in -UV- and then F0CUS, you guys were great to platoon with and talk to.  I hope one day to be good enough to play alongside you again, but for now I have a lot of work to do to get back to that point.

 

Lastly I want to thank all the guys in PZB for just being good friends.  I really am thankful for everything that the people i've named and the ones i've forgotten have done to help me become a  better tanker.  There is so much negativity on the forums and life in general.  People who put in the effort to help others deserve to be recognized, and know their efforts are appreciated.

 

I know most of those on this list are probable not playing this game anymore, but if even one is and sees this i'll be happy.  Now though it's time to focus on getting back to a better level of play and trying to stay positive.  Good luck and have fun tanking everyone!

 

PS.  If anyone wants to give me some pointers on how to deal with all these new tank lines and map changes that would be greatly appreciated.

 

Thanks for the post - the Forums seem to be full of individuals complaining and the thanks/praise for others helping is few-and-far-between.


Hopefully others will overlook the negative comments/posts and we can see a start to a more positive trend in the Forums.



liamcraig1245 #5 Posted Oct 17 2018 - 17:20

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 32970 battles
  • 649
  • [OTTER] OTTER
  • Member since:
    02-23-2011
Interesting post for those of us that have played since 2012 and in beta. +1

Macnasty182 #6 Posted Oct 17 2018 - 17:24

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 23715 battles
  • 220
  • [56TH] 56TH
  • Member since:
    05-05-2015

View PostMaj_Baker, on Oct 17 2018 - 16:58, said:

dam what a wall of text, are you high?

 

Well I suggest you don't read War and Peace or the Art of War by Sun Zu, reading is good for the soul like the OP's post which we need more of thankyou, and remember have a nice day:)

Flarvin #7 Posted Oct 17 2018 - 17:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 52050 battles
  • 13,645
  • Member since:
    03-29-2013

View PostMacnasty182, on Oct 17 2018 - 11:24, said:

Well I suggest you don't read War and Peace or the Art of War by Sun Zu, reading is good for the soul like the OP's post which we need more of thankyou, and remember have a nice day:)

 

Read both of these books, but I am still not going to read a wall of text like the OP. 

 

Not all reading is equal. 



leon_phelps #8 Posted Oct 17 2018 - 17:34

    Major

  • Players
  • 35777 battles
  • 3,408
  • Member since:
    03-25-2012
Great post forgot about burdy there have been some great clans and history over the years. Epic players that are gone forgot who it was that got 14 kills in a t67.

CallandorsFire #9 Posted Oct 17 2018 - 17:42

    Captain

  • Players
  • 41287 battles
  • 1,477
  • Member since:
    04-22-2012
I appreciate posts by people who show thanks to people who helped them, and those with ADD should stick to twitter.  No one is forcing anyone to read posts.

dunniteowl #10 Posted Oct 17 2018 - 17:59

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 22701 battles
  • 4,995
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

View PostMacnasty182, on Oct 17 2018 - 10:24, said:

 

Well I suggest you don't read War and Peace or the Art of War by Sun Zu, reading is good for the soul like the OP's post which we need more of thankyou, and remember have a nice day:)

 

Wait a second, First of All those two books are VASTLY different from each other, so it's like comparing apples to beer trucks.  War and Peace is, and has been in my view, a completely dedicated snore-fest of typical Russian Stoicism.  And it's HUGE at over a thousand pages.  I didn't finish it.  In fact, I never got past the first two chapters.  Right up there with the movie, "Gone With the Wind."  Zzzzzz.  Ten minutes into it, I made my girlfriend mad by saying, "I can't believe they even made this movie."

 

The Art of War sits on my research shelf to this day.  It's SHORT.  It's like maybe two hundred pages and that's because it's annotated.  Riveting, useful and salient even today.

 

Like I said, it's like comparing apples to beer trucks with that comparison.

 

 

OP +1!

 

We all could use a bit more positivity.  Thanks, sincerely for your Tale.  Interesting read and, unlike War and Peace or Gone With the Wind, it didn't make me want to stop, just because it was a bit wordy.  Then again, my post history shows a  propensity for lengthy missives.  I read as well as I write.  Hat's off to you, sir and I'd plus MORE if I could.

 


OvO



Panman69 #11 Posted Oct 17 2018 - 21:52

    Captain

  • Players
  • 34669 battles
  • 1,470
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View Postblack_colt, on Oct 17 2018 - 16:03, said:

 

Thanks for the post - the Forums seem to be full of thanks/praise for others helping. 

Really? You “had” to quote the entire post? 



BananaCannon #12 Posted Oct 18 2018 - 02:06

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 22922 battles
  • 151
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    10-28-2013
I didn't know you well but I remember your name floating around teamspeak. I'm glad you enjoyed your time in the community and didn't go mad with the drama that went on back in the day with SHOJO and SNPAI. Lots of nostalgia in your words so thanks for sharing it at least.

A_Cute_Girl #13 Posted Oct 26 2018 - 03:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 14850 battles
  • 2,785
  • [SHOJO] SHOJO
  • Member since:
    07-29-2012
o7 miyuki i wish the game stayed fun

xXTheGameAceXx #14 Posted Oct 26 2018 - 04:29

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 10056 battles
  • 472
  • Member since:
    10-07-2015
Too long, didn't read version? :hiding:





Also tagged with Story, Tanks, Thankful, Help

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users