KRZY Halloween mode Tank event Dark Front

• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

MajorGlory #101 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 14:14

Private

• Players
  • 65059 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA
It would be cool if they gave the tank a little turbo that could be used for like 5-7 seconds to either sprint to the base to drop off the green matter or to flee the enemy tanks.  They should give you a little bar so you can see how it is used up and roughly how much you have left.  But if you go to far the engine over heats and it shuts down for 5 seconds while you sit there helpless.  It would be cool feature.

shackman #102 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 14:15

Sergeant

• Players
  • 49296 battles
Mixed feelings about this event....easy to play,   decent rewards,   zero strategy or tactics just zoom around being crazy.   Very predictable and redundant since after a bit you could figure out the best route to collect green stuff and avoid combat.       Guess at the end we got a bunch of free XP....decent coin and pretty good bonuses for normal games.    It was not challenging,  really not enjoyable but heck didn't cost anything to play and earn decent stuff.    I personally liked the previous Halloween events better...and like many others on the forum,, just bring Front Line back ! 

Messer7 #103 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 14:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 45681 battles
  • [ORM] ORM
Enjoyed playing Dark Front.  Especially launching off the spawn point.  Flying tanks; who knew. . . .

Timalicious #104 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 14:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 56955 battles
  • [MARV] MARV
:hiding:  I thought it was a good haunting.

Jclogan #105 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 14:28

Private

• -Players-
  • 8082 battles
  • [FLASH] FLASH
For some reason I never got a chance to play the Halloween battle. I would try to start a battle but would launch a standard battle instead. Tried different things literally clicking every thing on the dark front interface. O well , last year was fun. Wish war gaming would add the multi turrets to the M3 Lee. That would give that tank the help it needs.

Edited by Jclogan, Nov 05 2018 - 14:29.

CYBERTOOTH #106 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 14:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 39688 battles
This mode Sucked [edited], the most boring thing they’ve done yet, and they wonder why players are leaving.They hoped you would get bored quickly so you would spend gold to avoid it.

Nickel2005 #107 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 14:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 37070 battles
It soon got boring and I did about 40% of the thing to get a ok bonus. Near half way it took up way to much time for the increase and wasn't worth it. Became repetative anyways.

ulliklliwi #108 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 14:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 18640 battles
Worst world of tanks mode ever!!!!

nattybumppo #109 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 15:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 36850 battles
  • [V_SOG] V_SOG

Seems like a lot of people wouldn't be happy if you gave them gold for just showing up. I liked playing Dark Front because it gave me a lot of needed practice in right-clicking & circling a target not to mention about 2M in credits & 6K in Free XP.

Hillbilly58 #110 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 15:04

Sergeant

• Players
  • 45989 battles
  • [INSNE] INSNE
I thought it was fun thanks for all you do devs.

durandal78 #111 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 15:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34535 battles

This was the most stress free fun mode so far, the only problem was the griefers running around specifically making the most zombie tanks spawn without collecting any green matter.

The free xp rewards were very welcomed

XturbohawkX #112 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 15:35

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26269 battles
  • [WARHK] WARHK

View PostNemoKeine, on Oct 28 2018 - 01:51, said:

This mode feels so very empty and hollow....you drive a nerfed MT-25 around a map with a minimalist UI fighting bots which has no satisfaction to come out of their encounters, with the random "buffs" occuring.  I didnt even realize there were the mutations until my 3rd round when one finally occurred.  Its just band and bland and boring.... Last year we had the cool tanks with dual guns, I get that it was a test run for that mechanic, I have no idea what WG is testing with this mode other than players patience.

I concur and I would add that for the event's bonuses to end at the end of the event is...crap! Sorry guys, this mode was lame and so were the rewards. Lots of griefers too, they would spend the entire battle ramming, shooting other players (yes, no damage), basically acting like daycare rejects and bottom line is for me it was a total waste of time.  Leviathan was much more interesting.

Sorry if my review is not rosy and cheery but I'm brutally honest...brutal.  :izmena:

Tank_You_All #113 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 15:41

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 44653 battles
  • [-23-] -23-
What, no new pumpkin emblem, oh rats.

Anublister #114 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 15:47

Captain

• Players
  • 68707 battles
  • [--T--] --T--

Gothraul, on Oct 28 2018 - 03:47, said:

When the event has concluded where does the accumulated xp from the MT-25 Rev go to? MS-1?

"WG, can you answer this question? "

What experience? No crew. There was no exp ever given so why are you asking for it to be transferred? It was just a Halloween event that gave you boosts to exp and credits gained played in other modes during the event. Please go to school and learn something worthwhile like critical thinking skills. These type of questions make me think you're an animated plant.

Hippity_The_Dad #115 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 15:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 11440 battles
  • [DHO2] DHO2

Wallet warrior.

I paid like $7 for level 13.

with the xp weekend, earning well over 400k in xp using boosters and prem tanks. 

400,000xp/35 = 400,000 free xp (~12,000 gold to convert = $52)

So for about $60, I saved 40+ hours (on the extreme low-end) of grinding I'd need to spend to upgrade the crews, tanks, and a new line. That's less than $1.50/hour. AND I have enough credits to buy a couple tier 10s I've been waiting on.

Totally worth it in my opinion.

And to all those that are going to flame that I should have "earned it"... I did by having a career. Quit whining, get off your butt, and go get one.

Tankpowrd2 #116 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 16:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 37951 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA
This mode was only fun with a 5 man platoon of clan friends. Running Free Exp boosts with the mode was awesome(I didn't mind the 15k free exp either) Playing with randoms was a freaking nightmare! I remember one moron at the start of the battle saying something like "Leave me alone! dont follow me!" and then ended up sitting the whole match at the spawn. Besides that it's like the others stated: people waking up everything on the map and not collecting or shooting.

Anublister #117 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 16:05

Captain

• Players
  • 68707 battles
  • [--T--] --T--

View PostXturbohawkX, on Nov 05 2018 - 14:35, said:

I concur and I would add that for the event's bonuses to end at the end of the event is...crap! Sorry guys, this mode was lame and so were the rewards. Lots of griefers too, they would spend the entire battle ramming, shooting other players (yes, no damage), basically acting like daycare rejects and bottom line is for me it was a total waste of time.  Leviathan was much more interesting.

Sorry if my review is not rosy and cheery but I'm brutally honest...brutal.  :izmena:

It was a total waste of time reading your complaint.

Please tell us how you were forced in any way to waste your time? How, with a little reading comprehension skills and knowledge gained through actually playing in the event you could not determine this event was not for you and therefore go on to just play the game normally as if it wasn't there?

Are you the type of person who complains about broccoli being an option to eat at a buffet? For about three weeks for minimum effort I obtained a modest boost to exp, free exp and credits and at the end I was able to buy an all season unique Halloween camo for 50g more than I would have to pay for basic. Considering the other option of nothing and just playing the game it was a welcome distraction. I suggest unless you're fabulously wealthy, (and maybe even then), you learn to live with what life deals you instead of feeling like it owes you something more for your being here.

Nacho71AR #118 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 16:22

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 30153 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA
Have to say haven't enjoyed it as much as Frontline (wink, wink) but still had fun and credits where great. The game "forces" you to cooperate fully with your teammates in order to take down the enemy. Loved the really tough bots, they had excelent aim. Poor us humans!

Edited by Nacho71AR, Nov 05 2018 - 16:22.

Festung #119 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 16:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36901 battles

Where do I start? I liked Dark Front. It was the first 'mission' that I could play during the day. I found routes that I could harvest GM quickly; this may have upset some players because the routes would SOMETIMES wake up zombie tanks that I drove past. But then sometimes the zombies didn't wake up, and I harvested heaps of GM. Reward for diligence. HeHe! Remember, the GM only counted IF one deposited it, so I would head back with 12 or 15 GM. I don't know why the crying about zombies being awakened and then not killed because there were players that drove right into the zombies and started shooting. Sometimes they won GM, sometimes they died. After my initial route patterns, I would go afield and engage the awakened zombies because by this time there were only two minutes left. I hated it when some player would have 30 or 40 GM and still want to collect more but got killed and lost the GM; not thinking about the team IMHO. What part did those who did gather 50 or 60 GM play in the battles? They probably were those that made a 78 GM collected battle into a 125 - 150 GM collected battle thereby significantly enhancing the rewards. Then not thinking about the team becomes going that mile or doing that extra effort; working for the success of the team. One would have to just accept the results after a while. Yes, the battles became rote and the fingers became cramped, but then the players innovated and made the battles more enjoyable. When one realized that they weren't going to make it back with the GM, then picking fights with the zombies became the thing to do. :B I think that Dark Front inspired team play because more GM would be harvested when tanks roamed in groups. Sometimes I would get tight jawed when tanks took the GM that I was heading for but there were times when I snuck in and took GM from zombies that others had killed. Team effort, you know. Finally, I had to put in a lot of hours which makes me hesitant to do something like this relatively soon......unless there was a chance to win a lot of CR and XP. :)

Congratulations WG for a fun innovation.

Supdox #120 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 16:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 975 battles

For the amount of time and $$ WG wasted on this they could have made a MM that:

A. Gave us the OPTION to enter non-artillery randoms if we chose.

B. Gave us the OPTION to enter skill-based randoms, instead of the 70% / 30% matches that are decided before we even start. 

If others want to do randoms with artillery and pre-determined randoms that is fine. 

But not having the choices of A and B above have ruined the game, ensuring  it will never grow and sadly, continues to die. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users