KRZY Halloween mode Tank event Dark Front

• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

Samuraijack #161 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 01:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 49583 battles
  • [DM] DM

Sorry WG, but this years Halloween mode just did not compare to battling Leviathan last year.

The novelty of this years mode wore off quickly and became boring.

ConkyTpb #162 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 01:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 53106 battles

GREED GREED GREED

GG WARGAMING CHEAP BASTARDS YOU DIDNT GIVE OUT EVEN 1 GOLD TO ANYONE

edk_tpr #163 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 01:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 46110 battles

So happy it's over

Joe717MarksmN #164 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 01:24

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 28037 battles
  • [74TH] 74TH
I had a great time playing Dark Runners. More fun for Halloween. I didn't win my camo but had a lot of credits.

Ultralover #165 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 02:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 12768 battles
It was interesting, maybe a trial of a kind of pve mode. But it was a little boring and it needed a lot of work for something that doesnt worth it. I reached level 4 and enjoy the 20% for a couple of days, more is nonsense

xerofier #166 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 02:10

Private

• Players
  • 23198 battles

Played this with a platoonmate on voice comms and I've got to say it was pretty boring. Can't imagine any loner actually having fun in this grindfest.

Incredibly boring with most of the rewards not really worth the grind. The tanks were too slow to be that fun and the reload was irritatingly slow. The only reason I played was to get the 15000 free exp, and that was during the first day. Didn't come back again until the last week where I only needed half the goop to get 10000 free exp. All in all, a disappointment. Frontline was much more fun and we didn't even get as many rewards.

...Not that we got much in this game mode, mind you.

Saiga12 #167 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 02:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 37288 battles
  • [BDEEP] BDEEP

View PostHippity_The_Dad, on Nov 05 2018 - 09:55, said:

Wallet warrior.

I paid like $7 for level 13.

with the xp weekend, earning well over 400k in xp using boosters and prem tanks. 

400,000xp/35 = 400,000 free xp (~12,000 gold to convert = $52)

So for about $60, I saved 40+ hours (on the extreme low-end) of grinding I'd need to spend to upgrade the crews, tanks, and a new line. That's less than $1.50/hour. AND I have enough credits to buy a couple tier 10s I've been waiting on.

Totally worth it in my opinion.

And to all those that are going to flame that I should have "earned it"... I did by having a career. Quit whining, get off your butt, and go get one.

I did not spend any $$ but finally figured out earn some credits and bonus , then use the boosters, I did well,,, wish I had more time because it helped grind up my AX ..

nothings perfect  it was a good thing  

Planetos #168 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 02:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 25849 battles
  • [VENUM] VENUM

This years game mode was pretty lackluster. the mode got boring after a while and the bonus goo always being behind the Heavies was pretty lame and did not promote any kind of need to go after them for most of the teams i was on. Also, the promotion said that the game mode would change at random. this was pretty BS as the game would only change the stats only AFTER, 5 mins of the round was already over. this game mode also could have been a little longer due to the size of the map and the time it took to kill enemies if  your team was full of [edited]. 

other complaints about this mode were the slow speed of the players tank. the WORST RELOAD of any of the tanks in that mode, the HORRID accuracy of the player tanks. please DO NOT let the completely broken medium tank ever make a reappearance. .96 second reload??? seriously? if it were a 5 round drum, maybe, but literally infinite firing capability by a tier 1 tank burned me out after about 15 rounds. i bought the bonus with gold i had from last Christmas. as for the heavies, just wthwith that HP bar for the mere 20 goo you got from them. I appreciate the cool game mode, but it seems like it was rather cheap and made LITERALLY at the last minute. where as WOWS has a very awesome collection of game modes that can all be played independently year after year. 

just a thought but it would be cool if WG put "Operations" into WOT, they work really well in Ships and could easily be put into tanks for termporary bonuses to XP or credits and rotate out weekly. 

UTurnTerminator #169 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 03:26

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9168 battles
I enjoyed the Halloween mode to a point. There were a lot of brilliant elements here, and not just because I've been hoping for a WOT PvE mode for ages either. The idea of moving around the battlefield collecting something while fighting off the AI made for an interesting challenge, but it got pretty grind-y quick. Likewise, if I wanted to do more "fighting" I had to run into a pack of "dead" tanks in hopes that they would come alive, which meant I was spending more time passively picking up green goo and looking for a fight than actually fighting tanks. The Leviathan mode had all the AI tanks active and on the field from the jump, and that meant the team and I could get stuck in it quickly, which I liked more.

Things I did like about the Halloween mode especially was the map (Dark Nebelburg is a keeper, and I'd be keen to see it again with real enemy players), the respawn system (aside from losing some goo sometimes, it was far less painful than having to wait in queue for another game!) and the AI. When I found some tanks to fight, even the Medium I's were clever enough to put up a decent, or at least passable fight, especially in numbers. Again, I'd love to have a bug-hunt mode where a lot of fast, light tanks can go ham on these sort of AI-controlled vehicles, and when there was a fight to be had on the Dark Front, the fights weren't too bad.

All in all, I agree with others, it wasn't great, but there's a lot of good stuff in this one that once rearranged have the makings of a really phenomenal PvE mode that I think everyone will love madly, or at least play when they need to blow off some steam after a string of losses. I wish the best of luck to the developers in taking this concept forward, hopefully to something even more substantial! :great:

KittyKat #170 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 07:21

Private

• Players
  • 19344 battles

Aside from daily rewards, those who reached Level 13 got a unique badge, an emblem, and a Jack-'o-Lantern style!

Erm....

Aside from daily rewards, those who paid for Level 13 got a unique badge, an emblem, and a Jack-'o-Lantern style!

FTFY

Edited by KittyKat, Nov 06 2018 - 07:21.

Lord_Audley_ #171 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 15:04

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 22719 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

Sadly the points distribution system meant that I was carrying useless players much much more in this mode than say, regular 15v15 games.  Very much wish that end-game rewards were based off amount of essence collected.  I found it to be quite a toxic game mode with very little team play and always 1-3 players carrying 2-3 completely useless players, who would then still get the same rewards at the matches end.

*Really missed the haunted houses this year guys, please bring back for next year.  Very fun and easy to earn them, and loads of fun to open (and a good warm-up for Christmas boxes).*

grego34 #172 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 15:42

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 27326 battles
got boring after the 3rd round, maybe give us a choice of light tanks...One from each country.  So, whats the tank in my garage good for??  can't use it or sell it..

Rocket75_OK #173 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 15:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 18439 battles
  • [_E_] _E_
I think it would have been better received if there were more rewards, I mean just a camo?  For 24k collected?  I can't imagine who actually grinded out to level 13, has to be a mindless person because it was just not worth it.  Got to level 8 and quit, maybe rethink the ladder next time and don't make it impossible or a waste of 4 hours a day to finish it.  At least frontline you were shooting real tanks with your own tanks, not some pos tank that has a 5 second reload.  Not to mention the "essences" would sometimes kill you robbing you of 30 goop.  I did not enjoy it, but did go for the 15k RP and that was it.

Tao_Te_Tomato #174 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 17:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 27768 battles
  • [TER] TER
It was ... okay.  I got tired of seeing guys carrying around 40-50-60 goop and then getting killed instead of running it back to the base.  Maybe a system where you got a bonus for the amount of goop you turned in...?  It also seemed that a lot of players were just trolling - grabbing goop and deliberately dying.

HeavyMetalMech #175 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 17:57

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25372 battles

View PostRocket75_OK, on Nov 06 2018 - 10:46, said:

I think it would have been better received if there were more rewards, I mean just a camo?  For 24k collected?  I can't imagine who actually grinded out to level 13, has to be a mindless person because it was just not worth it.  Got to level 8 and quit, maybe rethink the ladder next time and don't make it impossible or a waste of 4 hours a day to finish it.  At least frontline you were shooting real tanks with your own tanks, not some pos tank that has a 5 second reload.  Not to mention the "essences" would sometimes kill you robbing you of 30 goop.  I did not enjoy it, but did go for the 15k RP and that was it.

At least you've proven that you have less than half a mind. Good for you. 

Hollow_Pointe #176 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 20:46

Private

• Players
  • 45552 battles

The grind to level 13 ? A little bit on the long side. Would have been nice to use the XP earned (110,000) towards crew inprovements during the matches. Maybe help with those BDRs people were so fond of activating :/

Hollow_Pointe #177 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 20:59

Private

• Players
  • 45552 battles

View PostUTurnTerminator, on Nov 06 2018 - 02:26, said:

I enjoyed the Halloween mode to a point. There were a lot of brilliant elements here, and not just because I've been hoping for a WOT PvE mode for ages either. The idea of moving around the battlefield collecting something while fighting off the AI made for an interesting challenge, but it got pretty grind-y quick. Likewise, if I wanted to do more "fighting" I had to run into a pack of "dead" tanks in hopes that they would come alive, which meant I was spending more time passively picking up green goo and looking for a fight than actually fighting tanks. The Leviathan mode had all the AI tanks active and on the field from the jump, and that meant the team and I could get stuck in it quickly, which I liked more.

Things I did like about the Halloween mode especially was the map (Dark Nebelburg is a keeper, and I'd be keen to see it again with real enemy players), the respawn system (aside from losing some goo sometimes, it was far less painful than having to wait in queue for another game!) and the AI. When I found some tanks to fight, even the Medium I's were clever enough to put up a decent, or at least passable fight, especially in numbers. Again, I'd love to have a bug-hunt mode where a lot of fast, light tanks can go ham on these sort of AI-controlled vehicles, and when there was a fight to be had on the Dark Front, the fights weren't too bad.

All in all, I agree with others, it wasn't great, but there's a lot of good stuff in this one that once rearranged have the makings of a really phenomenal PvE mode that I think everyone will love madly, or at least play when they need to blow off some steam after a string of losses. I wish the best of luck to the developers in taking this concept forward, hopefully to something even more substantial! :great:

Yes, the AI was very good. But as was mentioned in another comment, I spent a lot of time carrying players who either didn't want to work as a team, or didn't move from base at all. And still get the same reward.  Out of all the games I played, I had 1 (ONE!) team that worked together as a unit, and collected 270 goop. And having  daily cut-off for goop meant that you played for 25 minutes the first day , and like 3 or 4 hours on the last. Did the math on this as well : 7:30 per match at an average of 150 points per game, takes about 22 hours of game play to reach level 13. Asking a bit much there , WG. 

doclinkin #178 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 01:03

Private

• -Players-
  • 6764 battles
  • [IRE] IRE

love the coop mode, had lots of fun. 

not as much fun as last years game. idk just wasnt as engaging. didnt even finish all thirteen levels

Iwanttohithemwithmysword #179 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 07:44

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 23924 battles
Simply awful; a boring game mode that gets old after the first match and offers no significant reward. Count me out

Wolfgang_von_Kluge #180 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 09:31

Private

• Players
  • 38317 battles
  • [_WOLF] _WOLF
Thank you Wargaming, for the dark concept, beautiful map, and cool rewards, even though the play was often as aggravating as it was rewarding, spooky, and suspenseful.
! I would LOVE for the map to be made a part of random battles. I made level 13, and unlocked and bought two tanks I'd been coveting, the Proteus TD and the Polish Heavy KIng Tiger lookalike, thanks to the bonuses. I'm happy with the camo and emblem rewards.
My big disappointment is that we can't own the MT-25, especially if it had been a reward. One of my very favorites in battle, and I would love to have another variant of it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users