KRZY Halloween mode Tank event Dark Front

• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

silic0nes0ul #181 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 15:32

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27630 battles
  • [TEACH] TEACH
Can you remove the MT-Revenant from my garage since it's not playable anymore?

IRON___COFFIN #182 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 23:23

Private

• Players
  • 20565 battles
Well, I enjoyed it. Yes made plenty of XP and was concerned I would not complete the course but I did and for the first time. So all good.

the_Deadly_Bulb #183 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 01:32

Major

• Players
  • 28074 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postsilic0nes0ul, on Nov 07 2018 - 06:32, said:

Can you remove the MT-Revenant from my garage since it's not playable anymore?

Its kind of thoughtful of them to leave it for a bit to give everyone a chance to clean off any exp it accrued and convert it to Free XP.

That said if you would rather it not clutter up your T-II tanks then uncheck "Special Vehicles" in your filters and it will no longer be visible. :honoring:

Ozaryk #184 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 06:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 12124 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2

Honestly... This game mode was far too boring. It was slow and repetitious.

One thing I was thinking, was that this game should not have had a timer because the time spend ending the match and starting up a new one took too long to do... Not sure what you would do otherwise though.

the_Deadly_Bulb #185 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 20:23

Major

• Players
  • 28074 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostOzaryk, on Nov 07 2018 - 21:45, said:

Honestly... This game mode was far too boring. It was slow and repetitious.

One thing I was thinking, was that this game should not have had a timer because the time spend ending the match and starting up a new one took too long to do... Not sure what you would do otherwise though.

The timer ensures everyone has joined prior to the match beginning.

Not everyone has equal speed internet.

Dark Front was a very good mode for the new player IMO.

It helped develop their driving skills, gave an opportunity to see the advantage of focussed fire (if they cared enough to learn), wolfpacking (again they got to want to learn) and even a bit of target priority. You soon learned not to wake the BDRs if you didn't have full HP or were carrying 50+ farts.

Was it a boring?

For the seasoned player yes, it was and it was so repetitive.

It may have been better with a few different maps. haunted Neubleburg got pretty predictable after the 3rd match.

Still I earned over 200k Free XP and quite enjoyed the ever present booster effect for the duration of the event.

I bought it out to go play real tanks after the 6th day and just did the 5 matches for the 75k and the weeklies after that.

While it wasn't as good as some previous event modes it wasn't a total turd and I really believe it could have benefitted a new arrival.

With the 75k each day and the weeklies a new player could earn over 1 million credits, even without the booster effects in randoms.

In case you've forgotten it was a pretty daunting thing to earn your first million.

The 40k Free XP from the weeklies would help the new player get to T-IV or V quite easy too.

If you hated it then I suppose the best thing for you was it wasn't mandatory. :honoring:

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Nov 08 2018 - 20:25.

Chaplain_5 #186 Posted Nov 10 2018 - 18:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2676 battles

After the fact...

I really enjoyed Dark Front!

It was casual. That was a big deal for me. Typical WoT gameplay is high-skill, high-intensity. One wrong step and it's probably over. That's all well and good, but I welcomed a more arcadey take on the game. Best of all, it didn't last forever. It lasted long enough for me to have fun with it, but not so long that it got old. I'd definitely like to see more seasonal events like this one - accessible and casual.

Also, I would have liked to see more permanent rewards. The boosters were nice, but unless you spent a TON of time in the gamemode, you didn't get to take anything lasting away from it. Would have been nice to get an emblem at each level, for example.

_Sharky_ #187 Posted Nov 13 2018 - 20:17

Sergeant

• Players
  • 52763 battles
  • [AC] AC
Did not enjoy this mode after the second battle playing it. There was potential. Seems that there wasn't too much effort put into making it.

_Steel_Casket_ #188 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 23:30

Captain

• Players
  • 89421 battles
  • [T_U_C] T_U_C
Horrible!

marcusxblaze #189 Posted Nov 15 2018 - 09:52

Private

• Players
  • 41452 battles
  • [R-7] R-7

Fue mi peor Halloween en wot mejor ubiera traido de regreso el Leviatán

BlockofAluminum #190 Posted Nov 28 2018 - 04:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16244 battles
  • [H_F] H_F

View PostAnublister, on Nov 05 2018 - 15:47, said:

"WG, can you answer this question? "

What experience? No crew. There was no exp ever given so why are you asking for it to be transferred? It was just a Halloween event that gave you boosts to exp and credits gained played in other modes during the event. Please go to school and learn something worthwhile like critical thinking skills. These type of questions make me think you're an animated plant.

This might be late, but YES, there was XP earned on the MT Revenant, it would show you how much XP you got after each battle, you can go to the XP conversion menu and see the MT-Revenant.

BlockofAluminum #191 Posted Nov 28 2018 - 04:56

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16244 battles
  • [H_F] H_F
Also, while I'm here, good job Wargaming, I enjoyed the mode, it started to get boring at first by myself but when I started platooning and or following others around it was fun, instead of the normal hide in a bush or behind a building and poke out sometimes, it would be 3-4 tanks all rushing a few enemies with shells flying everywhere and explosions, The closest thing to what you see in the trailers that I have had ingame, 

the_Deadly_Bulb #192 Posted Nov 29 2018 - 01:38

Major

• Players
  • 28074 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostBlockofAluminum, on Nov 27 2018 - 19:56, said:

Also, while I'm here, good job Wargaming, I enjoyed the mode, it started to get boring at first by myself but when I started platooning and or following others around it was fun, instead of the normal hide in a bush or behind a building and poke out sometimes, it would be 3-4 tanks all rushing a few enemies with shells flying everywhere and explosions, The closest thing to what you see in the trailers that I have had ingame,

Ain't focus fire wonderful? :great:

the_Deadly_Bulb #193 Posted Nov 29 2018 - 01:43

Major

• Players
  • 28074 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostBlockofAluminum, on Nov 27 2018 - 19:53, said:

This might be late, but YES, there was XP earned on the MT Revenant, it would show you how much XP you got after each battle, you can go to the XP conversion menu and see the MT-Revenant.

If you never converted it, its still there.

My alt's Revenant still showed a load of Convertible XP on that account's Revenant this morning, when I logged onto it and claimed the Reward.

As my alt is a FTP account I have nowhere near the gold to convert any of it, but it is still there.

Next equipment sale, some binos and a net or 2 on that account thanks to the Reward. :great:

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Nov 29 2018 - 01:45.

BlockofAluminum #194 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 04:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16244 battles
  • [H_F] H_F

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Nov 29 2018 - 01:38, said:

Ain't focus fire wonderful? :great:

Yeah it can be, watching the BDR's HP drop to 0 in a matter of seconds from when it spawned is a thing of beauty.

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Nov 29 2018 - 01:43, said:

If you never converted it, its still there.

My alt's Revenant still showed a load of Convertible XP on that account's Revenant this morning, when I logged onto it and claimed the Reward.

As my alt is a FTP account I have nowhere near the gold to convert any of it, but it is still there.

Next equipment sale, some binos and a net or 2 on that account thanks to the Reward. :great:

Yeah, I have 40,600 on my Revenant, sucks that it won't really help me, don't want to spend gold. . .

Although with this Event Calendar and being able to purchase the tanks with gold, I doubt I'll have gold much longer. . .

Dmitri_ #195 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 19:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 38617 battles
I was waiting for an XP conversion sales discount, now the Revenant is gone.

Did I just lose all the XP?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users