Jump to content


Easy-Pz.: Pz.Kpfw. IV Schmalturm & III Ausf. K Offer!


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Gnomon #1 Posted Oct 25 2018 - 15:21

    Training & QA Specialist

  • Administrator
  • 783 battles
  • 369
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    11-23-2015

Hey, everyone! 

 

Guess who didn't go to TwitchCon and is helping out your lovely Community folks for a few days? Hope you're all ready for a week of Gnomon :girl:

 

Anyway, let's talk about some new offers in the Store. This week, we're focusing on two German mediums, the Pz.Kpfw. IV Schmaulturm and the Pz.Kpfw. III Ausf. K! 

 

The Pz.Kpfw. IV Schmalturm is a German Tier VI medium with good gun depression, accuracy and penetration, turret armor, and solid camo. It's also a good Credit earner...just watch out for the slow turret!

 

The Pz.Kpfw. III Ausf. K, a Tier V German medium, features sweet gun depression at 10 degrees, so you can easily peek and take shots at any nearby foes. The tank also has a generous 600 HP, so you can absorb a fair amount of punishment.

 

Be sure to check out our article on these tanks, or open the spoilers below for Bundle information: Easy-Pz.: Pz.Kpfw. IV Schmalturm & III Ausf. K Offer!

 

Offers

 

Thanks, everyone! 



gpc_4 #2 Posted Oct 25 2018 - 15:29

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 40081 battles
  • 4,088
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
  • Member since:
    07-06-2014
What crazy person would buy the PzK when it is only offered in a bundle?

Edited by gpc_4, Oct 25 2018 - 15:29.


__WarChild__ #3 Posted Oct 25 2018 - 15:29

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 23007 battles
  • 3,195
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

View PostGnomon, on Oct 25 2018 - 08:21, said:

Hey, everyone! 

 

Guess who didn't go to TwitchCon and is helping out your lovely Community folks for a few days? Hope you're all ready for a week of Gnomon :girl:

 

Anyway, let's talk about some new offers in the Store. This week, we're focusing on two German mediums, the Pz.Kpfw. IV Schmaulturm and the Pz.Kpfw. III Ausf. K! 

 

The Pz.Kpfw. IV Schmalturm is a German Tier VI medium with good gun depression, accuracy and penetration, turret armor, and solid camo. It's also a good Credit earner...just watch out for the slow turret!

 

The Pz.Kpfw. III Ausf. K, a Tier V German medium, features sweet gun depression at 10 degrees, so you can easily peek and take shots at any nearby foes. The tank also has a generous 600 HP, so you can absorb a fair amount of punishment.

 

Be sure to check out our article on these tanks, or open the spoilers below for Bundle information: Easy-Pz.: Pz.Kpfw. IV Schmalturm & III Ausf. K Offer!

 

Offers

 

Thanks, everyone! 

 

Gnomon, open up the cabinet and do some 24 Hour flash sales of the SU-76i and PzIIJ.  No one else at WG needs to know and the Forum Folks will stay mum.  I promise!

 

:trollface:



US_3rd_Army #4 Posted Oct 25 2018 - 15:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 36651 battles
  • 2,191
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU
  • Member since:
    05-01-2011

Now while these tanks are not my taste (Hope those who do buy have lots of fun in them), but you know what would make me really happy? If you put the M4A2E4 Sherman on sale. I know this isn't very likely and I had higher chances in winning the $1.6 billion lottery then WG putting it on sale, but dam it a man can dream because that's the only Sherman Iam missing because Iam mad and I like collecting Shermans.:P



Altwar #5 Posted Oct 25 2018 - 15:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 55195 battles
  • 4,106
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

The Panzer Malt....interesting!:B

 

Now while Gnomon, while you are at home, helping us lovely folk out, how's about getting wild and shaking the Sexton 1 premium loose to be purchased?  C'mon, you know you want to! ;)



nrnstraswa #6 Posted Oct 25 2018 - 16:05

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 15780 battles
  • 427
  • [AJ] AJ
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

No standard bundle for Pz 3K? (Tank + slot ONLY) 

 

Seems like WG is reverting to old ways and tacking on extra stuff to jack up the prices. 



Grampy #7 Posted Oct 25 2018 - 16:41

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 23679 battles
  • 838
  • [CS7AO] CS7AO
  • Member since:
    10-28-2010

View PostUS_3rd_Army, on Oct 25 2018 - 09:31, said:

Now while these tanks are not my taste (Hope those who do buy have lots of fun in them), but you know what would make me really happy? If you put the M4A2E4 Sherman on sale. I know this isn't very likely and I had higher chances in winning the $1.6 billion lottery then WG putting it on sale, but dam it a man can dream because that's the only Sherman Iam missing because Iam mad and I like collecting Shermans.:P

 

No. I got one because I was a Beta tester. If you were not a Beta tester, then you don't get one.

landedkiller #8 Posted Oct 25 2018 - 16:45

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 8431 battles
  • 1,501
  • Member since:
    04-01-2013
Panzer 4 s is obselete and wat happened to tank retirement. You better be bringing back the FCM pak40 if ur gonna put the panzer 4 s on sale which is still needing an engine buff.

__WarChild__ #9 Posted Oct 25 2018 - 16:51

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 23007 battles
  • 3,195
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

I'm pretty sure that ALL premium tanks will be offered for sale between now at the end of the year.  We've never seen so many premium tanks being offered.

 



Gnomon #10 Posted Oct 25 2018 - 16:54

    Training & QA Specialist

  • Administrator
  • 783 battles
  • 369
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    11-23-2015

View Post__WarChild__, on Oct 25 2018 - 08:29, said:

 

Gnomon, open up the cabinet and do some 24 Hour flash sales of the SU-76i and PzIIJ.  No one else at WG needs to know and the Forum Folks will stay mum.  I promise!

 

:trollface:

 

I have a feeling y'all might tell on me if I did.....

 



24_inch_pythons #11 Posted Oct 25 2018 - 17:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 25063 battles
  • 4,851
  • [-P-] -P-
  • Member since:
    03-28-2012

View PostUS_3rd_Army, on Oct 25 2018 - 08:31, said:

Now while these tanks are not my taste (Hope those who do buy have lots of fun in them), but you know what would make me really happy? If you put the M4A2E4 Sherman on sale. I know this isn't very likely and I had higher chances in winning the $1.6 billion lottery then WG putting it on sale, but dam it a man can dream because that's the only Sherman Iam missing because Iam mad and I like collecting Shermans.:P

 

 You can buy it anytime on RU.

__WarChild__ #12 Posted Oct 25 2018 - 17:18

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 23007 battles
  • 3,195
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

View PostGnomon, on Oct 25 2018 - 09:54, said:

 

I have a feeling y'all might tell on me if I did.....

 

 

On Monday, Wargaming's Home Office notices a HUGE spike in North American sales and cash intake...

Wargaming's HO calls Austin and Gnomon answers the phone.

WG: "How did you guys make so much money while almost everyone is away at Twitchcon?"

Gnomon: "I am solely responsible for your increased wealth."

WG: "Please inform Cabbage and Domo that their services are no longer needed.  You're being promoted to the top. However, you must keep TragicLoss b/c she's sweet."

Gnomon: "WarChild, here's a free 907 tank for giving me such a great idea"

 

Off in a corner somewhere....

 

Senator_Ratbat is sobbing uncontrollably muttering to himself..."it could've been me...it could've been me..."

 

:facepalm:



Panman69 #13 Posted Oct 25 2018 - 18:07

    Captain

  • Players
  • 34980 battles
  • 1,663
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View Post__WarChild__, on Oct 25 2018 - 14:29, said:

 

Gnomon, open up the cabinet and do some 24 Hour flash sales of the SU-76i and PzIIJ.  No one else at WG needs to know and the Forum Folks will stay mum.  I promise!

 

:trollface:

 

And throw in the Leafblower while you're at it. You can claim that you were streaming their Twitch feed and something that QB said must have triggered a "self-deleting" virus that fired off the flash sale.

dnaman #14 Posted Oct 25 2018 - 18:30

    Captain

  • Players
  • 30464 battles
  • 1,452
  • [DBLTG] DBLTG
  • Member since:
    06-09-2013
I support the idea of flash sales.  The cats are away, the mice should definitely play.  

US_3rd_Army #15 Posted Oct 25 2018 - 18:50

    Major

  • Players
  • 36651 battles
  • 2,191
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU
  • Member since:
    05-01-2011

View PostGrampy, on Oct 25 2018 - 10:41, said:

 

No. I got one because I was a Beta tester. If you were not a Beta tester, then you don't get one.

I know that, but can't a person dream? lol

 

But when it comes to taking WG at their word, can we fully trust them to stay true to their word?

WG said they're will never be tier 10 mediums, TDs, and arty, but we have them now.

WG said that they will never sell the M6A2E1, but they did it, twice.

WG said never to having wheeled tanks in game, but one is being worked one right now. 

 

As I stated, do I think it's gonna happen, heck no, and yes I know, the M4A2E4 Sherman is not a great tank and to be putting all this effort into a vain attempt that's never gonna happen is foolish. But As a person who collects Shermans and sees WG time and time again go back on their word, it keep's hope (Although very very faint) alive there's a chance that it may actually happen one day.



24_inch_pythons #16 Posted Oct 25 2018 - 19:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 25063 battles
  • 4,851
  • [-P-] -P-
  • Member since:
    03-28-2012

View PostUS_3rd_Army, on Oct 25 2018 - 11:50, said:

I know that, but can't a person dream? lol

 

But when it comes to taking WG at their word, can we fully trust them to stay true to their word?

WG said they're will never be tier 10 mediums, TDs, and arty, but we have them now.

WG said that they will never sell the M6A2E1, but they did it, twice.

WG said never to having wheeled tanks in game, but one is being worked one right now. 

 

As I stated, do I think it's gonna happen, heck no, and yes I know, the M4A2E4 Sherman is not a great tank and to be putting all this effort into a vain attempt that's never gonna happen is foolish. But As a person who collects Shermans and sees WG time and time again go back on their word, it keep's hope (Although very very faint) alive there's a chance that it may actually happen one day.

 

 Just buy it and play it on RU. As I've said.

US_3rd_Army #17 Posted Oct 25 2018 - 19:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 36651 battles
  • 2,191
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU
  • Member since:
    05-01-2011

View Post24_inch_pythons, on Oct 25 2018 - 13:35, said:

 

 Just buy it and play it on RU. As I've said.

 

I do not have a account on the RU, nor will I make an account on the RU server simply to get that one tank.

24_inch_pythons #18 Posted Oct 25 2018 - 20:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 25063 battles
  • 4,851
  • [-P-] -P-
  • Member since:
    03-28-2012

View PostUS_3rd_Army, on Oct 25 2018 - 12:51, said:

 

I do not have a account on the RU, nor will I make an account on the RU server simply to get that one tank.

 

 So you don't really want to play it, then.

Sam_Sanister #19 Posted Oct 25 2018 - 20:06

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26053 battles
  • 1,740
  • [NICO] NICO
  • Member since:
    10-11-2013

View PostUS_3rd_Army, on Oct 25 2018 - 11:50, said:

I know that, but can't a person dream? lol

 

But when it comes to taking WG at their word, can we fully trust them to stay true to their word?

WG said they're will never be tier 10 mediums, TDs, and arty, but we have them now.

WG said that they will never sell the M6A2E1, but they did it, twice.

WG said never to having wheeled tanks in game, but one is being worked one right now. 

 

As I stated, do I think it's gonna happen, heck no, and yes I know, the M4A2E4 Sherman is not a great tank and to be putting all this effort into a vain attempt that's never gonna happen is foolish. But As a person who collects Shermans and sees WG time and time again go back on their word, it keep's hope (Although very very faint) alive there's a chance that it may actually happen one day.

 

Replace "M4A3E2" with "more SPGs" and you'll have me.
What about arty as a reward tank; they don't earn extra credits, and can be tweaked as WG sees fit.
Also the Japanese tech tree is rather barren, an SPG line could fill it out.

Scorpiany #20 Posted Oct 25 2018 - 20:50

    Major

  • Game Knowledge Expert
  • 34410 battles
  • 12,697
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013

View Postgpc_4, on Oct 25 2018 - 07:29, said:

What crazy person would buy the PzK when it is only offered in a bundle?

 

What crazy person would buy the Pz. III K at all? It is quite easily the worst tank in the game, bar none. Here was my mini-overview of the Pz. III K from my "Top 5 Worst Tanks in the game" list.


 

#1 - Pz. III K: A true joke and a half of a tank.

 

The Pz. III K would make for a very average Tier 4 tank, let alone placing it at Tier 5. The Pz. III K lacks any redeeming features you would want to see in a tank. The mobility is sluggish. The armor is meaningless. And the gun is absolutely horrendous.

 

While it does have 10 degrees of gun depression, this may still be the worst gun in the game. The reason for this is the gun handling. It's one of the worst values in the game... Even when you include artillery! In fact, the Pz. III K has worse gun handling than 23 out of 26 arty, when comparing it to all artillery pieces Tier 6 through Tier 10.

 

So what you're left with, is a slow, unarmored medium tank with a gun bloom larger than what even SPG's get. Brilliant. And they tried to get people to spend money on this thing? They'd have to pay ME to play it.

 

Reliability: 0/10 - The Pz. III K is as unreliable as a tank can possible get in this game. With a gun that disperses more than artillery, and armor that rarely works, you don't know whether your tank will explode as you leave your base, or whether it will be the next tree you hit that destroys it. And shooting... You may as well be blindfolded while shooting that gun.

Ease of Play: 3/10 - The 10 degrees of gun depression makes it fairly obvious what you should do. Try to support your allies from a ridgeline. The only problem is that the gun won't hit anything, and your armor won't hold up at all. Good luck. You'll need it.

Carry Potential: 1/10 - The only time the Pz. III K will ever be able to carry a battle, is if the enemy is already close to death. Then maybe, just maybe, your 610 HP will let you take enough hits to hit a shell.

Flexibility: 4/10​ - Theoretically being a medium with 10 degrees of gun depression should make a tank extremely flexible. But the lack of mobility, the lack of armor and the lack of gun performance means that there are actually very few positions that the tank can do well with.

Fun Factor: 2/10 - The Pz. III K is one of the least fun tanks in the game. The only thing that makes it remotely enjoyable is when Tier 4 and some Tier 5 tanks just can't kill you in time because of your HP pool.

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users