Hatred towards others

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

moogleslam #21 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 17:57

Major

• Players
  • 40457 battles
Kill them with kindness.  If they think they're the greatest player of all time, put things in perspective by pointing out some of their stats then get ready for "stats are useless; it's a team game" response.  It's always a good time.

GeorgePreddy #22 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 18:22

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles

The occasional after battle PM I get that is negative usually comes from a 12 year old mentality and accuses me of using "gold" or "haxes" to kill them.

Those types are fun to screw with their head for an exchange or two.

However, anyone who crosses the line and uses truly abusive and ugly, disgusting language gets a screenshot sent with a report. I know for a fact from personal experience that reporting in this manner works.

Hellsfog #23 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 18:34

Major

• Players
  • 34751 battles
  • [_SF_] _SF_

I used to just ignore them or think of some smart [edited]reply but now I immediately run to the forums to cry about hurt efeelings and seek validation from strangers

LeaveIT2Beaver #24 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 18:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 32531 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

I send an after game message to a player who really really had a bad game and told him to hang in there and that I saw he really tried to help the team.  He told me that he is so used to nasty-grams that he thought I was kidding.

Sometimes a little encouragement goes a long long way

Altwar #25 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 18:55

Major

• Players
  • 55260 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

At times I will ask a player who perished and is being toxic in chat to move on to his next battle as his comments aren't helping the team.  If he continues, I blacklist that player for the battle.  If a player's play behavior is bad, aka purposely shooting me for whatever reason, they go on my permanent blacklist.  And then every new year, I clear my blacklist because I figure everyone gets a clean slate to start again.

My first weapon though is blacklisting for the battle as I don't care to see obnoxious raging and such.  Competitive play or not, I don't have the time or patience to let bad behavior spoil the fun I am having with the rest of my fellow players.

RG_Notch #26 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 19:32

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 25128 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Nov 05 2018 - 12:22, said:

The occasional after battle PM I get that is negative usually comes from a 12 year old mentality and accuses me of using "gold" or "haxes" to kill them.

Those types are fun to screw with their head for an exchange or two.

However, anyone who crosses the line and uses truly abusive and ugly, disgusting language gets a screenshot sent with a report. I know for a fact from personal experience that reporting in this manner works.

No you don't know anything ever gets done with anything you send in to WG, that is their policy so they don't actually have to do anything. All you can do is assume and you know how that works. 

the_Deadly_Bulb #27 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 20:03

Major

• Players
  • 23138 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostRG_Notch, on Nov 05 2018 - 10:32, said:

No you don't know anything ever gets done with anything you send in to WG, that is their policy so they don't actually have to do anything. All you can do is assume and you know how that works.

Wrong again, but that's OK.

Its what you're good at.

Being wrong, and losing.

I am aware of several players who have been over the top in game chat and forum posts.

Their accounts have been banned/locked.

Its not hard to find if you know where to look.

I'd explain how RG, but it'd be entirely pointless, you wouldn't get it. :sceptic:

RG_Notch #28 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 20:09

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 25128 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Nov 06 2018 - 14:03, said:

Wrong again, but that's OK.

Its what you're good at.

Being wrong, and losing.

I am aware of several players who have been over the top in game chat and forum posts.

Their accounts have been banned/locked.

Its not hard to find if you know where to look.

I'd explain how RG, but it'd be entirely pointless, you wouldn't get it. :sceptic:

Lol sure and I know loads of people who are total asses all day everyday and haven't gotten one strike, warning or ban. Top that. My anecdotal evidence trumps yours because I said it last. 

Beat that!!

the_Deadly_Bulb #29 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 20:17

Major

• Players
  • 23138 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostRG_Notch, on Nov 06 2018 - 11:09, said:

Lol sure and I know loads of people who are total asses all day everyday and haven't gotten one strike, warning or ban. Top that. My anecdotal evidence trumps yours because I said it last.

Beat that!!

No, it doesn't.

You're simply simple.

There are more than a few of us here who know exactly how to tell if another player who we launched a complaint against has received a time out.

The fact that you aren't aware of the method doesn't make it any less valid or real.

Looks like I know something you don't.

Again. :sceptic:

Peak_Bagger #30 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 20:35

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16943 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F
I always try to be positive in post-game chat, offering congratulations for well-played games, carries, etc. I refrain from initiating any negative chat after a game - with one exception. The one thing that can get me to lower myself is when I see a guy raging about our team, berating everyone, usually with abusive language in chat during a game, then see that they did zero damage, or next to zero damage when I look at the post-game stats. I sometimes send a quick little needle such as "All that raging, yet you did 100 damage in our top-tier heavy. Well played!". I know I should refrain from saying anything, but occasionally I just can't help myself. 

Backfire_ #31 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 22:11

Major

• Players
  • 29121 battles
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT

View PostTig_Welder_1, on Nov 03 2018 - 17:39, said:

I know this wont go anywhere, however, this game is full of people with some serious hatred of losing. I get it, I'm not the best but why the harassment after a game ends about being a shi**er and you suck and all that. Seriously a turn off to this game.

Oh well, so how do you all act to this kind of personalities? 

Yeah its pretty bad, but I guess thats why you get a lot of space on your blacklist for people like this.  Sometimes its somewhat justified (sort of and depending on how aggro they go) like if you shoot them, etc.  But most of the time its just nonsense.  I've been back to playing 1 day so far after a 6 month break and came back to someone leaving 4 paragraphs of angry spam about 'Wow useless 9k pr player!!! Why don't high PR players on my team carry better' *blink* really?

My advise is to follow some kind of pattern like this;
1) Apologize if you actually did something to antagonize them into sending the tell.  Its amusing how fast that'll defuse someone triggered if you were in the wrong.  A lot of the time people skip the step of saying 'Hey man you shot me there' and just assume you're also a raging dbag.
2) Educate if they're misunderstanding something.  In the above case I just told the guy 'I'm sorry you feel that way, but here's some reasons things went poorly- we had 6 tanks go to the less useful flank and die in first 2 minutes, etc etc'

3) If they continue to be like that I feel like I've done what I could and if they're just stubbornly choosing to be dbags then I simply blacklist them.

scharnhorst310 #32 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 22:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 24444 battles

Angriest I ever got at this game was WAY back in the day. Already had 6 kills, only a handful of rounds left in my stug (i'm far from a unicum at this point but even 1.5k battles in i've got common sense). They have 1 IS tank left who has like 200hp, and we got a full health KV2... best part is we knew where he was at. The whole team, including me is yelling at the KV2 to grow a brain and at the very least go spot him for me. He refuses, he is going on about how he could get back to our cap somehow so he is going to stay and protect base... I'm sure that made sense to someone rubbing a few brain cells together.

Finally 2 mins left; I run back to our base, shoot him in the a** and he catches on fire and I kill him, I then charge at the enemy and in some miraculous world the guy misses and I kill him we win. I always like that story because it is inevitable you get two sorts of people; people who get why, and the people who don't.

Edited by scharnhorst310, Nov 06 2018 - 23:24.

dunniteowl #33 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 22:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 23789 battles

View PostPeak_Bagger, on Nov 06 2018 - 13:35, said:

I always try to be positive in post-game chat, offering congratulations for well-played games, carries, etc. I refrain from initiating any negative chat after a game - with one exception. The one thing that can get me to lower myself is when I see a guy raging about our team, berating everyone, usually with abusive language in chat during a game, then see that they did zero damage, or next to zero damage when I look at the post-game stats. I sometimes send a quick little needle such as "All that raging, yet you did 100 damage in our top-tier heavy. Well played!". I know I should refrain from saying anything, but occasionally I just can't help myself. 

I have to admit to NOT being Mr. Perfect Fowl.  I do, however, have the ability to count on two fingers in 22,456 games, how many times I have 'needled' someone in the manner you describe.  They were, honestly, in the last four months.  So many folks rage on some days -- and I will admit to being a Human Owl with his own set of triggers, foibles and idiosyncrasies -- that, as Peak_Bagger said (and to quote Steven Strange in "Doctor Strange" from Marvel), "Sometimes I just can't help myself!"

That said, I do not gloat, kick them when they're down or insult players, either in-game or in their garage.  Ever.  And in the two instances I made some comments post battle, it was to 'poke' them for being such utter craptastic examples of human beings in-game.  You really have to work it to piss me off or get me triggered to that point.  If you can manage THAT trick, then I'm pretty sure you totally deserve MORE than what I would be willing to deliver.

It's hard to be nice all the time.  It's why I work at it.  There are so few folks willing to invest the time it takes to be gracious more than cruel.  I have to step up and stand up or how can I possibly expect anyone else around me to do the same?  Live by setting an example if you can.  If you can't -- maybe silence is at least the better option.

OvO

Mikosah #34 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 00:08

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles
The irony is that WG could actually be praised for how little anger there is towards the opposite team. But naturally that's only so because we're so mad at our own team (and in many cases, for good reason). WoT is very team-dependent. Not just to win, but even to have a role to play in the match. And of course the scoring depends massively on the win to even be worth the trouble. Many matches are a complete waste of time if a daily multiplier doesn't get used. If the whole problem had to be condensed into a single statement, it would simply be that players don't like having their time wasted.

RG_Notch #35 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 16:22

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 25128 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Nov 06 2018 - 14:17, said:

No, it doesn't.

You're simply simple.

There are more than a few of us here who know exactly how to tell if another player who we launched a complaint against has received a time out.

The fact that you aren't aware of the method doesn't make it any less valid or real.

Looks like I know something you don't.

Again. :sceptic:

LOL you don't. Just because you say something doesn't make it valid or real. I can play your game too.

The people who I know who never get banned or warned know exactly how to not get sanctioned. They pay. They never ever get banned or warned despite many complaints. Just because you think WG does anything doesn't make it true. I know something you don't. lmbo

I get it that you want to scare people into thinking their bad behavior will result in sanctions, but it doesn't, not if you pay. I have as much evidence as you. 

WG doesn't put any effort into policing people who pay money as the NA population is cratering and they can't afford to spend any money on enforcement or risk losing paying customers. Please tell me how a company that is a proven liar (never ever sell mutant) is to be believed? You may be a rube who believes it but I can make up stories about bannings and such just as easily as you.

Come back with more tales of conspiracies how you and your illuminati know who get banned and what and I will come back with the opposite. But I will always have WGs proven lies and their incentive to not sanction while all you will ever have is your stories.

I leave it to others to decide, which is more likely. Do you believe WG would spend money and risk loss on banning paying customers or do they just tell rubes what they want to hear and watch them fall for it? 

the_Deadly_Bulb #36 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 19:37

Major

• Players
  • 23138 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostRG_Notch, on Nov 07 2018 - 07:22, said:

LOL you don't. Just because you say something doesn't make it valid or real. I can play your game too.

The people who I know who never get banned or warned know exactly how to not get sanctioned. They pay. They never ever get banned or warned despite many complaints. Just because you think WG does anything doesn't make it true. I know something you don't. lmbo

I get it that you want to scare people into thinking their bad behavior will result in sanctions, but it doesn't, not if you pay. I have as much evidence as you.

WG doesn't put any effort into policing people who pay money as the NA population is cratering and they can't afford to spend any money on enforcement or risk losing paying customers. Please tell me how a company that is a proven liar (never ever sell mutant) is to be believed? You may be a rube who believes it but I can make up stories about bannings and such just as easily as you.

Come back with more tales of conspiracies how you and your illuminati know who get banned and what and I will come back with the opposite. But I will always have WGs proven lies and their incentive to not sanction while all you will ever have is your stories.

I leave it to others to decide, which is more likely. Do you believe WG would spend money and risk loss on banning paying customers or do they just tell rubes what they want to hear and watch them fall for it?

You're quite a laughable case.

All you got is "no you don't"?! :D

Too funny, because yes I do.

Couldn't care what you think you know.

This isn't some sort of truth or dare my simple friend.

Facts trump your childish noise.

Run along now, you're making a complete fool of yourself.

Illuminati, ROTFL, what a rube!

What a schmuck!

The internet is your friend. Learn to use it.

That's the ONLY hint I'll give you.

RG_Notch #37 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 23:09

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 25128 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Nov 07 2018 - 13:37, said:

You're quite a laughable case.

All you got is "no you don't"?! :D

Too funny, because yes I do.

Couldn't care what you think you know.

This isn't some sort of truth or dare my simple friend.

Facts trump your childish noise.

Run along now, you're making a complete fool of yourself.

Illuminati, ROTFL, what a rube!

What a schmuck!

The internet is your friend. Learn to use it.

That's the ONLY hint I'll give you.

You care so little you reply. 

_Steel_Casket_ #38 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 22:41

Captain

• Players
  • 82625 battles
  • [T_U_C] T_U_C
Welcome to the internet....

ArmorStorm #39 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 03:38

Major

• Players
  • 35663 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostTig_Welder_1, on Nov 03 2018 - 16:39, said:

I know this wont go anywhere, however, this game is full of people with some serious hatred of losing. I get it, I'm not the best but why the harassment after a game ends about being a shi**er and you suck and all that. Seriously a turn off to this game.

Oh well, so how do you all act to this kind of personalities? 

Just ignore them or laugh it off.  Be content in the knowledge that you don't have the personality defects that they do.  

Good Luck Tanker!

Halfneck #40 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 07:11

Private

• -Players-
  • 5041 battles
  • [MOV] MOV

Only been playing a few months, but I've ran into a few instances. I especially like the ones where they send me a message continuing to tell me how bad I am. I mostly ignore it because I'm a old guy playing a video game for fun, but occasionally it gets to me. Partly because I'm competitive an hate to lose, an partly because of my limitations. I'm a disabled vet and I cannot use my left arm/hand. Playing one-handed means I can't shoot & skoot around/over/behind stuff hardly at all. Shooting while moving is also problematic. This is why I play Tank Destroyers and snipe. If another player gets in close on me though I usually end up a burning wreck.

Had a match where I'd gotten 2 kills on my Jackson, but at the end a T-35-85 came up on me and killed me. Another player started berating me for how poorly I did against that tank. Tried to ignore them, but they kept on. Another player then dogpiled on me. Well I got a bit pissed and pointed out that at least I had 2 kills to the original jackwagon's 0. He then started going off worse and stating how that had nothing to do with it. Match ended, we lose, and jackwagon send me a message continuing to berate me.

Here's the thing people - you have no idea about the other player you're putting down. It might be a little kid with no real grasp on the tactics & mechanics of the game. It might be someone older with decreased manual dexterity. It might be someone with a mental or physical disability. It could just be an average person trying to enjoy themselves after a bad day and just not playing well. And there you are being a jerk and making their day worse.

And I typed this not for any need of sympathy, but to hopefully encourage players to think before typing. I played World of Warcraft for years till recently when my computer could no longer meet the requirements. Ran into far worse in that game.

Edited by Halfneck, Dec 01 2018 - 07:11.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users