• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

WIZD #41 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 10:40

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9362 battles
  • [ASP] ASP

View PostTig_Welder_1, on Nov 03 2018 - 23:39, said:

I know this wont go anywhere, however, this game is full of people with some serious hatred of losing. I get it, I'm not the best but why the harassment after a game ends about being a shi**er and you suck and all that. Seriously a turn off to this game.

Oh well, so how do you all act to this kind of personalities? 

I answer back with the same generosity they show me.

dcars63 #42 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 13:11

Private

• -Players-
  • 2993 battles

View PostHalfneck, on Dec 01 2018 - 07:11, said:

Only been playing a few months, but I've ran into a few instances. I especially like the ones where they send me a message continuing to tell me how bad I am. I mostly ignore it because I'm a old guy playing a video game for fun, but occasionally it gets to me. Partly because I'm competitive an hate to lose, an partly because of my limitations. I'm a disabled vet and I cannot use my left arm/hand. Playing one-handed means I can't shoot & skoot around/over/behind stuff hardly at all. Shooting while moving is also problematic

Halfneck, I could have written this myself, I'm in the same boat. Its tough to accept that I'll never be GOOD at this game due to physical limitations, but I do the best I can. I hate to lose. The players that feel the need to kick you when you're down should walk a mile in our shoes. My first r/l tank was a m48A2, that's how old I am :). Its easy for others to say don't let it bother you but I know it taints the game for me. I try to walk away when they get to me until I forget why I walked away, usually doesn't take long, I'm old :).  One DAV to another...<SALUTE> hang in there, we've seen worse.

GeorgePreddy #43 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 14:20

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles

View PostRG_Notch, on Nov 05 2018 - 15:32, said:

No you don't know anything ever gets done with anything you send in to WG, that is their policy so they don't actually have to do anything. All you can do is assume and you know how that works. 

Of course I can know, when in my personal experience, I platooned with a couple of guys long term and 1 of them had a terrible foul mouth issue. I witnessed him get permanently chat banned for it. That is knowing (reasonably well) that players reporting him got him banned.  WG does act when there are enough reports to cause them to investigate.

Mustang2209 #44 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 15:45

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23992 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

View PostTig_Welder_1, on Nov 03 2018 - 23:39, said:

I know this wont go anywhere, however, this game is full of people with some serious hatred of losing. I get it, I'm not the best but why the harassment after a game ends about being a shi**er and you suck and all that. Seriously a turn off to this game.

I tell them to f*ck off and then BL them.  I move on.  Life's too short.

Boghie #45 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 15:52

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5987 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Block Quote

Partly because I'm competitive an hate to lose, an partly because of my limitations. I'm a disabled vet and I cannot use my left arm/hand. Playing one-handed means I can't shoot & skoot around/over/behind stuff hardly at all. Shooting while moving is also problematic.

Halfneck,

I used to watch a chap named SpearFisher on Twitch that had a serious arm/hand impairment.  I don't think he streams anymore though.  Regardless, he used a gaming mouse with a ton (like maybe 8 or 10) buttons on the left side (where your thumb fits).  My Razor only has 2.  I don't think anyone 'made' the mouse for one handed play, but I do think you could map buttons (or regions like buttons 1 & 2) to 'W', 'S', 'A', and 'D' and still have your two normal mouse buttons for firing and whatever.

It was either a Logitech or a Razor mouse.  Can't really remember, but I looked it up on Amazon so it was available no more than 6 months ago.  Maybe this one:  Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse, RGB Backlit, 20 Programmable Buttons

Happy hunting!

Halfneck #46 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 18:25

Private

• -Players-
  • 4917 battles
  • [MOV] MOV

View Postdcars63, on Dec 01 2018 - 13:11, said:

Halfneck, I could have written this myself, I'm in the same boat. Its tough to accept that I'll never be GOOD at this game due to physical limitations, but I do the best I can. I hate to lose. The players that feel the need to kick you when you're down should walk a mile in our shoes. My first r/l tank was a m48A2, that's how old I am :). Its easy for others to say don't let it bother you but I know it taints the game for me. I try to walk away when they get to me until I forget why I walked away, usually doesn't take long, I'm old :).  One DAV to another...<SALUTE> hang in there, we've seen worse.

<SALUTE> from a DAV Crunchy Medic to a DAV DAT. Saw a vid in medic school of the after-effects of a hit to a tank. Inside was turned into a cuisinart and you could basically rinse the remains out with a hose "Nope, don't want to go to an armor unit" lol.

Boghie - I tried a similar mouse from Razr in WoW and could not use it effectively. Eventually came up with a way to make things work. Still figuring things out in WoT as a noob. So far playing sniper TDs seem to work best. I also tried Arty & Scouting in a LT. Did not do as well as Arty & can really only passive scout as an LT. Thanks though.

dunniteowl #47 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 21:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 23683 battles

I know I posted in here earlier.

I'd just like to add that the single biggest driver for me being as polite as possible (and I do not always succeed) is that I do my best to remember that there are Live Humans at the other end of the messages.  Humans that have all their own things going on.  Folks who cannot do well for physical and mental limitations.  Folks who are too young to really understand the entirety of what they're playing.  Folks with lives that supersede the game.  Children who need immediate attention, family and friends that are suddenly at the top of their list.

When we remember that we all have lives and that this IS just a game -- and that the game is not nearly as important as anything else in that mix, then maybe we can be more civil.  In the alternative, maybe we can learn to just shrug off the frustration and remind ourselves -- it IS just a game.

Like I said, I do not always succeed and to anyone I may have irritated or ticked off with ME being rude -- I apologize.  I'm doing my best.

OvO

GL, HF & HSYBF!

BadTiger62 #48 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 22:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1429 battles
Even when I lose I try to figure out what I did wrong if anything and then, in the case of really good battles, I usually send a note to those that destroy my tank a "Good fight" text or congratulate them on a well fought battle. I never see the point in crazy calling or texting someone to leave the game because you thought they played poorly - if you're dead, then you played poorly too. This game has a steep learning curve and it doesnt help to fight tanks two tiers above you, especially when you just get a new tank, so I can see the frustration for some. I am equally frustrated with the game but I choose to keep going because one day - I'll have a IX and I won't feel bad about clubbing baby seals because that's whats happening to me. Could the game be better, sure, maybe only 1 tier up or down rather than 2. Better training - I mean it costs the same to retrain someone that already has experience if you send them to another tank - doesnt make sense - seems someone who has some experience would cost less than a fresh recruit. Consumables cost the same across the board - seems that smaller tanks (lower tiers) would cost less. There are a lot of things very wrong with the game in its current state that could be made better and make it more new player friendly than it is. In the end - its just a game - not a well thought out game - but a game. If it really frustrates you that badly, I suggest you invest in another game. When this game really frustrated me - I go play soda crush and the world is right again and all the trolls just fade away. 

Mojo_Riesing #49 Posted Dec 02 2018 - 15:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18129 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS
You know a few folks have mentioned this but after a match..if i notice someone doing really good work, i will say so either in game or in a message sent after.  More folks should do this really.

Bootknife #50 Posted Dec 02 2018 - 15:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 39510 battles
  • [WDA] WDA

View PostTig_Welder_1, on Nov 03 2018 - 17:39, said:

Just ignore them.  Most of the time, players that use that term are just pissed because others didn't follow them into a bad position.  And most of the time, their stats reflect a complete lack of tactical understanding.

Bootknife #51 Posted Dec 02 2018 - 15:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 39510 battles
  • [WDA] WDA

View Postdunniteowl, on Dec 01 2018 - 15:06, said:

I know I posted in here earlier.

I'd just like to add that the single biggest driver for me being as polite as possible (and I do not always succeed) is that I do my best to remember that there are Live Humans at the other end of the messages.  Humans that have all their own things going on.  Folks who cannot do well for physical and mental limitations.  Folks who are too young to really understand the entirety of what they're playing.  Folks with lives that supersede the game.  Children who need immediate attention, family and friends that are suddenly at the top of their list.

When we remember that we all have lives and that this IS just a game -- and that the game is not nearly as important as anything else in that mix, then maybe we can be more civil.  In the alternative, maybe we can learn to just shrug off the frustration and remind ourselves -- it IS just a game.

Like I said, I do not always succeed and to anyone I may have irritated or ticked off with ME being rude -- I apologize.  I'm doing my best.

OvO

GL, HF & HSYBF!

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users