Automatic server side time delay on module repair.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

stubmw #1 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 00:22

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 23849 battles
Basically I am tired of tracking tanks and them not even breaking stride. A counter to the use of this illegal mod would be a 1-2 second delay server side before there is any possibility of module repair.  Surely WGing your original intent was to immobilize someone for a second or two when they are tracked.  

_Tsavo_ #2 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 00:29

Major

• Players
  • 42337 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

I've seen maybe 2-3 near instant track repairs that I can remember that screamed fishy.  I have muscle memory on my track repairs and they take no time at all, have gotten hackusations leveled at me for quick track repairs.

A minimum track down before repairs or you can repair it is not a good idea

stubmw #3 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 01:16

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 23849 battles

View Post_Tsavo_, on Nov 05 2018 - 00:29, said:

I've seen maybe 2-3 near instant track repairs that I can remember that screamed fishy.  I have muscle memory on my track repairs and they take no time at all, have gotten hackusations leveled at me for quick track repairs.

A minimum track down before repairs or you can repair it is not a good idea

Even the speed of light takes time. No human can react in "no time at all", I am asking for one or two seconds. I see insta-repair on a weekly basis. Frankly don't see how anyone could be against this, well unless they are running that illegal mod.

Edited by stubmw, Nov 05 2018 - 01:17.

kier321 #4 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 01:17

Captain

• Players
  • 17377 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY
If im crossing an iffy spot, ill have my finger hovered over 5, then if im tracked all I need to do is double tap 5, which takes a split second. Honestly the mods useless as my guess is it auto repairs tracks regardless of situation. (Maybe wrong, I haven't looked into it but I cant think of it working any other way) What happens when im side scraping and don't care that my tracks are blown but my ammo rack just got hit, and I wanted to repair it but it repaired my tracks automatically.

_Tsavo_ #5 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 01:41

Major

• Players
  • 42337 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Poststubmw, on Nov 04 2018 - 19:16, said:

Even the speed of light takes time. No human can react in "no time at all", I am asking for one or two seconds. I see insta-repair on a weekly basis. Frankly don't see how anyone could be against this, well unless they are running that illegal mod.

I'm against a minimum down time, hell if I've got a large repair kit it takes one tap which can be 1/4 second or so to engage, maybe 1/3 second with the manual one.  It's not impossible to quickly bring them up.

Now if I gotta wait x time before I can use the kit?  That's shots I could take when my reaction time could prevent that.

So, no.  Bad idea.

I'm also vanilla.  No mods.

SupaD63 #6 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 02:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 28413 battles
  • [ALAM0] ALAM0
Even if such a mod does exist the number of times it would give you an advantage is canceled out by the number of times it would screw you over burning a repair kit for no reason. If you are expecting you might get tracked it is very easy to get it repaired in less than 1 second especially if you have a special hotkey on your gaming mouse setup just for this purpose. NO illegal hacks required :)

GeorgePreddy #7 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 03:28

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View Poststubmw, on Nov 04 2018 - 20:22, said:

Basically I am tired of tracking tanks and them not even breaking stride. A counter to the use of this illegal mod would be a 1-2 second delay server side before there is any possibility of module repair.  Surely WGing your original intent was to immobilize someone for a second or two when they are tracked.  

You just don't know how to work the mechanic... I do instant track repairs all the time without anything illegal about it. No cheating of any kind required.

Up to you to figure it out... just like I had to. 

(hint) It doesn't even take fast reflexes.

Pipinghot #8 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 04:03

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Poststubmw, on Nov 04 2018 - 18:22, said:

Basically I am tired of tracking tanks and them not even breaking stride. A counter to the use of this illegal mod would be a 1-2 second delay server side before there is any possibility of module repair.

You are grossly underestimating the ability of people to react. I can repair my tracks in a quarter of a second when I'm focused and playing intently. This idea that it should take 1-2 seconds for people to react is absurd. Maybe you can't react quickly, but plenty of other people can.

View Poststubmw, on Nov 04 2018 - 18:22, said:

Surely WGing your original intent was to immobilize someone for a second or two when they are tracked.  

No, it was (and still is) their intent that people remain immobilized for as long as it takes to react. Your artificial time limit has nothing to do with Wargaming's intent.

Edited by Pipinghot, Nov 05 2018 - 04:04.

Pipinghot #9 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 04:07

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

You need to provide replays, your imagination is getting away from you.

I see insta-repair on a weekly basis.

Replay or it didn't happen, that's how it works.

well unless they are running that illegal mod.

Everyone with a good reaction time should be against this.

well unless they are running that illegal mod.

Your accusations mean nothing without legitimate evidence to back them up.

stubmw #10 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 04:12

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 23849 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Nov 05 2018 - 03:28, said:

You just don't know how to work the mechanic... I do instant track repairs all the time without anything illegal about it. No cheating of any kind required.

Up to you to figure it out... just like I had to. 

(hint) It doesn't even take fast reflexes.

I suppose that you could set up a hot key for track repair and just leave it pushed in all the time. Maybe not technically an illegal mod, still I think it defeats the intent that tracking you immobilizes you for a short time....I still call for WG to put in a time delay.  

stubmw #11 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 04:15

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 23849 battles

View PostPipinghot, on Nov 05 2018 - 04:07, said:

You need to provide replays, your imagination is getting away from you.

Replay or it didn't happen, that's how it works.

Everyone with a good reaction time should be against this.

Your accusations mean nothing without legitimate evidence to back them up.

Nope no replay don't care enough, don't care what you do or don't believe. If you've never seen someone get tracked and not even break stride so be it.

Nunya_000 #12 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 17:58

Major

• Players
  • 21063 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Poststubmw, on Nov 04 2018 - 19:15, said:

Nope no replay don't care enough, don't care what you do or don't believe. If you've never seen someone get tracked and not even break stride so be it.

I have been tracked many times and have not even broken stride.  I have my repair kit assigned to the "F" key and the track also set to the "F" key (for small repair kits).  There is a distinct sound made when you are tracked and it is made slightly before your tank is actually tracked.  If I am in a tricky position where being track will end badly for me, I am ready to hit the "F" key.  Sometimes I hit it without even realizing it.....it has become that automatic.

Pipinghot #13 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 20:54

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Poststubmw, on Nov 04 2018 - 22:15, said:

Nope no replay don't care enough

And that's why no one cares about your nonsense.

When you accuse people of cheating you need to provide evidence, that's how it works. If you're not willing to do the right thing then go off in a corner and have a tantrum by yourself.

RickEdwards #14 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 00:28

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25580 battles
  • [NISHI] NISHI
While I don't think this is as common as he says, I have seen instant repairs like he is talking about... I'm talking meds going 60 km/hr that get tracked and don't even stray off course in the slightest. No matter how fast you are, that is not actually humanly possible. But yeah, it's not that common; you should just send a replay to wg and get the person who did it banned.

Pipinghot #15 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 06:24

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostRickEdwards, on Nov 05 2018 - 18:28, said:

I'm talking meds going 60 km/hr that get tracked and don't even stray off course in the slightest.

Nonsense, that doesn't happen. You're either imagining it or making it up (or maybe it was on the test server). That is simply not a thing that happens on the live game servers.

stubmw #16 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 18:36

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 23849 battles

View PostPipinghot, on Nov 05 2018 - 20:54, said:

When you accuse people of cheating you need to provide evidence, that's how it works. If you're not willing to do the right thing then go off in a corner and have a tantrum by yourself.

https://www.youtube....h?v=q1EjkmlBUYI

WG banning 10's of thousand of players a month for illegal mods......In their own words. I don't have to prove anything WG admits it. I bet WG toadies like yourself hate it when your lies don't match up with WGs lies.

stubmw #17 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 18:38

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 23849 battles

View PostPipinghot, on Nov 06 2018 - 06:24, said:

Nonsense, that doesn't happen. You're either imagining it or making it up (or maybe it was on the test server). That is simply not a thing that happens on the live game servers.

Just because you've never seen it don't mean it don't happen, you're a special kind of stupid.

RickEdwards #18 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 19:04

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25580 battles
  • [NISHI] NISHI

Like I said, it's not common... Next time I see it happen I'll give you a replay. Kinda hard to imagine it when the game plainly shows that you destroyed the track, I only even play on live, and there's really no reason for me to make this up, sooo, you're just in denial or something.

Pipinghot #19 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 21:47

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Poststubmw, on Nov 06 2018 - 12:36, said:

View PostPipinghot, on Nov 05 2018 - 20:54, said:

https://www.youtube....h?v=q1EjkmlBUYI

WG banning 10's of thousand of players a month for illegal mods......In their own words. I don't have to prove anything WG admits it. I bet WG toadies like yourself hate it when your lies don't match up with WGs lies.

WG has evidence, which is the whole point.

You're making accusations without any evidence, even though you could provide evidence in the form of replays, whereas WG is using evidence they've collected to decide who to ban. You said you "don't care enough" to provide replays, and that's exactly why no one cares about your nonsense, because you don't care enough to provide evidence.

As long as you don't care enough to provide replays, no one is going to care about what you have to say, it's that simple.

Pipinghot #20 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 21:47

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Poststubmw, on Nov 06 2018 - 12:38, said:

Just because you've never seen it don't mean it don't happen, you're a special kind of stupid.

If you don't provide a replay, then it didn't happen. That's how it works.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users