What reason is there to spend money on the game if its dysfunctional?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

Dogg_zilla #1 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 04:54

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9456 battles

Seriously, why would anyone spend money on the game if its going to be dysfunctional? I used to spend hundreds of dollars a month, something like 3000-4000 in total, but recently Ive stopped buying anything because the game is simply unplayable much of the time. 

One second Ill be doing 6000 damage with standard rounds and frontally penning everything I see, the next Ill be having a ZERO PERCENT penetration rate with 375mm gold ammo to the SIDES and weakspots of tanks. 

Its like RNG is bipolar. It really is. It will go from being immensely OP to being completely dysfunctional from one game to the other. 

The game routinely becomes unplayable, AND ROUTINELY OVER 80% OF ONE TEAM CANNOT EVEN GET 4 HITS, LET ALONE PENETRATIONS. Round after round Im seeing entire teams unable to hit anything, let alone pen. 

Why would anyone spend money on a game that is this dysfunctional? If it doesnt work, why pay money for anything? 

Its just basic common sense. 

Edited by Dogg_zilla, Nov 06 2018 - 04:59.

Slatherer #2 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 05:05

Major

• Players
  • 33932 battles
I havent spent any money since last years christmas event.  I just play to pass the time.  Its not worth playing in any form of competition, even to up your own skills.  The game is too random to rely on skill and other teammates.  It's just too random to take seriously.

Vardeman #3 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 06:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43958 battles
  • [56TH] 56TH

If you don't want to spend money, don't... Simple as that.

dunniteowl #4 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 06:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 22659 battles

Never spent a penny.  That said, a game cannot be 'dysfunctional' as that is a term used for beings with a consciousness.  Broken?  Sure, use that.  Flawed?  Why not, it could apply.  Poorly designed?  That's qualitative in this sense.  Dysfunctional?  Not applicable.  The game does not think, it only follows code, therefore it cannot be dysfunctional.

I get what you mean, but you'be been on a tear for -- what now? -- several weeks?  Maybe it's just time to stop spending money, time or attention on it.  Winter is coming, maybe go skiing somewhere.  You 'sound' like you could use a break from the game.  Now you're applying human psychology terms to a large and complex program.  That's what anyone would call a troubling sign.

Hang in there, man.

GL, HF & Take a Break -- you sound like you could use one.

OvO

Pipinghot #5 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 06:23

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostDogg_zilla, on Nov 05 2018 - 22:54, said:

Its like RNG is bipolar. It really is. It will go from being immensely OP to being completely dysfunctional from one game to the other. 

This should help.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...es random mean?

What you think is "common sense" is obviously not helping you understand how randomness really works. If you can't learn from that link then it's time for you to take some math classes on probability theory and statistics.

F_Type #6 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 06:27

Captain

• Players
  • 17749 battles
  • [GACHI] GACHI
no reason

__WarChild__ #7 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 07:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 21991 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
This is the only game that I own and play regularly.  I love the game.  I love the people that I've gotten to know in the game - players and employees. Does the game treat me fairly?  No.  Do I get frustrated at times? Yes.  But a bad day in WoT beats most of my good days twiddling my thumbs so there's that.

The_Boz #8 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 07:14

Captain

• Players
  • 9705 battles
Super War Chest went onsale for $179 giving you 15k Gold and 20Million silver, someone is paying for this crap....

BigDollarBillz #9 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 07:40

Major

• Players
  • 36927 battles
  • [NEON_] NEON_

View Post__WarChild__, on Nov 06 2018 - 01:02, said:

This is the only game that I own and play regularly.  I love the game.  I love the people that I've gotten to know in the game - players and employees. Does the game treat me fairly?  No.  Do I get frustrated at times? Yes.  But a bad day in WoT beats most of my good days twiddling my thumbs so there's that.

For me a bad day in this game beats not waking up ever again. I have stage 4 heart failure and a bad diabetic. I know my days are numbered as my body gets a little weaker everyday. Like you I enjoy playing this game, as it is really one of the few that I can still play.

BigDollarBillz #10 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 07:41

Major

• Players
  • 36927 battles
  • [NEON_] NEON_

Seriously, why would anyone spend money on the game if its going to be dysfunctional? I used to spend hundreds of dollars a month, something like 3000-4000 in total, but recently Ive stopped buying anything because the game is simply unplayable much of the time. 

One second Ill be doing 6000 damage with standard rounds and frontally penning everything I see, the next Ill be having a ZERO PERCENT penetration rate with 375mm gold ammo to the SIDES and weakspots of tanks. 

The game routinely becomes unplayable, AND ROUTINELY OVER 80% OF ONE TEAM CANNOT EVEN GET 4 HITS, LET ALONE PENETRATIONS. Round after round Im seeing entire teams unable to hit anything, let alone pen. 

Why would anyone spend money on a game that is this dysfunctional? If it doesnt work, why pay money for anything? 

Op it sounds as if you need to step away from the game for a while or forever, it you're getting this frustrated with it.

Avalon304 #11 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 08:29

Major

• Players
  • 19940 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostDogg_zilla, on Nov 05 2018 - 20:54, said:

So let me ask this... how is it the games fault that players are so bad theyre incapable of doing their HP in damage? Thats the players fault for being bad, because it doesnt take a rocket scientist to be good at this game.

The game works just fine. RNG affects everyone equally.

But really if this game becomes "unplayable and dysfunctional" then leave. No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to play. Just step away. Or maybe stop trying to blame the game for your misfortune, because the game works just fine. (Though not perfectly).

I plan on picking up the new premium coming out, and I continue to buy a premium account every month. The game is still a pretty good game, and is way better than it was when I started playing it nearly 7 years ago.

GeorgePreddy #12 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 13:32

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

The WoT that I play is quite functional.

I am very lucky to have a lot of disposable income, therefore I spend whatever I want on the game, it just depends on what's available and what I'm doing with the game at any given time.

OP not understanding the nuances of the game's mechanics does not equal the game being non-functional.

Blackstone #13 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 13:35

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16664 battles
  • [-IGC-] -IGC-

OP: why do you care if people spend their money on WoT? 

It's your opinion it's dysfunctional.

Then don't spend money on it.

It's not up to you on how we spend our cash.

MacDaddyMatty #14 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 13:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 27607 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Stuff I enjoy and entertains me gets my $.

I have to give too much money to stuff I do not enjoy, so this is a easy one.

Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #15 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 14:09

Major

• Players
  • 76685 battles

I agree with what you say about RNG. You can have an epic game where you hardly need to aim and pen the most heavily armored tanks, and next you cant pen arty 3 shots in a row. The question is, is this intentional or bad programming? There are reasons it may be intentional, For example, having an epic game makes your feel great and want to play more. So why not rig the game to give you an epic game once in a while?

That aside, I am not giving WG any more until they fix MM. Why would I pay to be bottom tier 90% of the time? I just want a fair experience. If I have to see +2 tier tanks, I expect to see -2 tier tanks in roughly equal amounts.

FearTheBadger #16 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 16:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15063 battles
  • [R_I_R] R_I_R

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Nov 06 2018 - 13:32, said:

I am very lucky to have a lot of disposable income, therefore I spend whatever I want on the game, it just depends on what's available and what I'm doing with the game at any given time.

OP not understanding the nuances of the game's mechanics does not equal the game being non-functional.

George you haven't played a game since this past July.  the Match maker is broken and has been for some time.  spreading the truth man

I know I'm not a good player just working at getting better.  But I spend money on the game because I just like to.  I enjoy the game even if it gives me a heart attack.  But I still keep coming back

BigDollarBillz, hope it get better man.  :)

Dogg_zilla #17 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 23:16

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9456 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Nov 06 2018 - 13:32, said:

I have repeatedly explained that rounds with near 400mm penetration should not bounce off the sides of tanks with like 80mm side armor. 

If you think that is "functional" I recommend you get a brain scan. 

And you have not once been able to counter anything Ive said. 

Explain why something like that happening almost every game is "functional".

Im starting to wonder if you even play this game or you just let your child and you just come on here and make condescending posts because you keep getting yourself banned in all the other forums. 

Dogg_zilla #18 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 23:19

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9456 battles

View PostFearTheBadger, on Nov 06 2018 - 16:06, said:

I enjoy the game even if it gives me a heart attack.  But I still keep coming back

View PostAvalon304, on Nov 06 2018 - 08:29, said:

So let me ask this... how is it the games fault that players are so bad theyre incapable of doing their HP in damage? Thats the players fault for being bad, because it doesnt take a rocket scientist to be good at this game.

The game works just fine. RNG affects everyone equally.

But really if this game becomes "unplayable and dysfunctional" then leave. No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to play. Just step away. Or maybe stop trying to blame the game for your misfortune, because the game works just fine. (Though not perfectly).

I plan on picking up the new premium coming out, and I continue to buy a premium account every month. The game is still a pretty good game, and is way better than it was when I started playing it nearly 7 years ago.

Im having trouble believing that so many of you have such low intelligence that you cannot understand THAT RNG DETERMINES IF A ROUND HITS. Fully aimed rounds are not even making contact with the tank. Just flying off. 

And in many cases hitting the weak spots but bouncing anyways. 

Sometimes I wonder how you people breathe without choking on air. Seriously, how can people be this stupid without having suffered brain damage? 

Dogg_zilla #19 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 23:26

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9456 battles

Seriously, Im bouncing 380mm rounds off armor under 250mm and flat shots. 

EVERY GODDAMN GAME. 

This is why I refuse to spend any money. You cant change my mind by lying or being condiscending [edited]holes. 

If the game is dysfunctional because of RNG players WILL leave and your childish lying and excuses will not change that. 

If the game is dysfunctional because of RNG players WILL leave and your childish lying and excuses will not change that. 

RickEdwards #20 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 23:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25580 battles
  • [NISHI] NISHI

View PostDogg_zilla, on Nov 06 2018 - 23:26, said:

Seriously, Im bouncing 380mm rounds off armor under 250mm and flat shots. 

EVERY GODDAMN GAME. 

This is why I refuse to spend any money. You cant change my mind by lying or being condiscending [edited]holes. 

Yeah, it is not actually possible for that round to bounce, even with the worst rng possible (75% of 380 is 285, so 285 mm of pen min). So, something else happened that you either did not notice or did not understand. I would love to see a replay of this 380 mm avg. pen round bouncing 250 mm of flat armor, but I can guarantee it didn't happen unless there was some weird glitch, which I highly doubt.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users