• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Hippity_The_Dad #1 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 14:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 9378 battles
  • [DHO2] DHO2

LOL another WG stunt for more money...

only the page linked from in-game can't be reached.

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!

_ShakeNBake_ #2 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 14:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13464 battles
  • [W--W] W--W
You can actually get to links in the game??

US_3rd_Army #3 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 15:04

Major

• Players
  • 36449 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU

View PostHippity_The_Dad, on Nov 06 2018 - 08:37, said:

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!

Hippity_The_Dad #4 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 15:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 9378 battles
  • [DHO2] DHO2

View Post_ShakeNBake_, on Nov 06 2018 - 13:51, said:

You can actually get to links in the game??

Yes, this is the first time i haven't been able. Is this a systemic issue with in-game links?

Lord_Audley_ #5 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 15:23

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15427 battles
  • [SGGC] SGGC
Please don't fork over money to WG for bad match-making.  Game-insurance is the most shameless money-grab (and also literally incentivizes bad match-making) so please... please.... just don't.

Hippity_The_Dad #6 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 15:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 9378 battles
  • [DHO2] DHO2

View PostLord_Audley_, on Nov 06 2018 - 14:23, said:

Please don't fork over money to WG for bad match-making.  Game-insurance is the most shameless money-grab (and also literally incentivizes bad match-making) so please... please.... just don't.

i really just wanted to see what it was. I know it's another money grab, really just wanted the laugh.

Mfezi #7 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 16:31

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20560 battles

Only a small step now before we have pay to win!....  :)

24_inch_pythons #8 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 17:01

Major

• Players
  • 24439 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

View PostMfezi, on Nov 06 2018 - 09:31, said:

Only a small step now before we have pay to win!....  :)

WoT already was pay to win at the start, they got rid of it.

It used to be you could only start a platoon if you had premium account. It used to be that you could only buy gold rounds with gold, hence the name.

DrWho_ #9 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 17:11

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14886 battles

View PostHippity_The_Dad, on Nov 06 2018 - 15:08, said:

Yes, this is the first time i haven't been able. Is this a systemic issue with in-game links?

Very much so, seems most of the links I try to click on are dead. Not that I intend to buy anything mind you but I like to stay informed.

It's got to be the ultimate in incompetence, trying to get people to buy stuff by putting ads in there but not being able to create working links .....

Rangerdart #10 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 18:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 14097 battles
  • [H1VOC] H1VOC

They seem to be on sale now in the Premium Shop. Not sure how they work but my guess is a player pays to get the same XP for a battle the team loses as when the team wins. 

That would make sense since XVM has exposed the MM deciding matches before they start. This way WG can continue to refuse to make a skill based MM and the Option to choose fair randoms if we want. 

I imagine this idea will go over like a lead balloon, but WG will do anything to keep from giving us the Option to choose Randoms with no artillery or fair ones etc.  Oh well. 

My daddy told me some people will climb a tree to tell a lie when it's easier just to stand on the ground and tell the truth. A wise man. 

Crypticshock #11 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 19:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17932 battles
  • [TROBS] TROBS

Block Quote

That would make sense since XVM has exposed the MM deciding matches before they start

What? XVM win chance is a flawed pile of goo. Besides just because it says you have a 35% chance doesn't mean it is an automatic loss. Maybe this game is the 1/3 that wins!

Block Quote

I imagine this idea will go over like a lead balloon, but WG will do anything to keep from giving us the Option to choose Randoms with no artillery or fair ones etc.  Oh well. 

Because it would set a precedence in the game and they would be able to roll it back. Then they have to set it so people can exclude TD's from their games. People find light tanks to be pesky, might as well have an option to remove them too. Then you'll have another subset of players that hate super heavies, time to make another option. ...and the snowball runs rampant!

Edited by Crypticshock, Nov 06 2018 - 19:11.

CrushUrTank #12 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 20:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 42190 battles
  • [LMB] LMB

I purchased insurance in premium shop.  You need to be aware of something that is not shown in the details when you buy insurance.  WOT says …

We would like to inform you that in order for the insurance to apply you need to be in the Top 5 base on experience earned on your team.

Please factor this in to your decision before you buy insurance.  I was not aware of this before I purchased and like I mentioned this was not listed in the details.

GeoMonster #13 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 20:10

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 30217 battles
  • [MUG-D] MUG-D

View PostLord_Audley_, on Nov 06 2018 - 08:23, said:

What bad matchmaking?  It is PERFECT.  Just listen to all the shill and fanboys on here --- they will tell you there is nothing wrong with MM --- It is your play that is flawed.  You need to just GITGOOD and it is all the fault of XVM that you think MM is bad.  If you get rid of XVM, MM will be 10000 times better!!  Can't you see their logic?

Personally, I think that MM is flawed and needs a bit of improvement and that WG should had out 100 free insurance policies every Sunday until MM is fixed.

Rangerdart #14 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 22:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 14097 battles
  • [H1VOC] H1VOC

Amazing response Cryptic. Why would anyone be so afraid of good changes?  

Game is failing. Has not grown in years because no one at WG will listen to the community. "Insurance" is just another bandaid. 

Like I said, make fair Randoms an OPTION. Make no artillery an OPTION.

If you want to que for games that are decided for you, that is absolutely fine. I want to see the game succeed as we all do.  But it is like WG is stuck in the past. I guarantee if a great game like World of Warcraft had people yelling for changes in an area they would listen. WG response has always been to tell us to get lost and play another game if we want change. 

They never actually ASK the community what they want and respond. They just cram stuff down the community's throat, like artillery and lopsided MM games and tell the community to say it's fun lol!

Oh well. Not sure where WG gets the fanbois but they help insure the game goes down even faster. 

Edited by Rangerdart, Nov 06 2018 - 22:28.

DEADTIME #15 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 04:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10197 battles
  • [CS7AO] CS7AO

Anyone have a link to the page that works externally I'm interested in what it says and how much it is.

oh crap just found it.....it exists.....I find that a little depressing to say the least. Rather than fix the MM you can pay to offset it....

Crypticshock #16 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 05:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17932 battles
  • [TROBS] TROBS

Block Quote

Amazing response Cryptic. Why would anyone be so afraid of good changes? 

Here's the problem. I haven't seen any good changes being offered. Just cookie cutter "skill mm" and "no arty" with zero beef behind it. Randoms are randoms, they are meant to be randoms. Then the "games are decided before you get into the game" diarrhea that any normal person would have a screw lose if they really believed it. Why would you even bother to play a game that you believe is decided before it starts?

Is the MM bad, right now? Yes. It is better than Jgpather vs E-100 but there is a flaw. An easy to notice flaw that I am still amazed that WG never seen that the system wasn't worked how they promised it would work from day 1 of 3/5/7. Are WG doing anything about that? Yes. They are currently rewriting the MM to include a tracker of your battles to push you into a more balanced top tier/bottom tier session. Will this work? *shrugs* only time will tell.

Again: I don't give a crap about arty but I hate Tank Destroyers. I want arty in my games but no TD. Since they have a "no arty" option which you suggested, they should also make a "no TD" option. My friend, Frank, hates seeing the Type 5 Heavy and Maus but doesn't care about TD and Arty. He would like an "no super heavy" option since they have a "no arty" and "no TD" option. So that's 4 different server settings... it would be equal to 4 different servers for each "option" and they could add more options for the vocal minorities. Lets not forget - there needs to be an option for "fair" and "not fair" randoms. So 8+ servers. Cool.

Come up with better suggestions to fix arty rather than suggestions to further segregate servers.

BoogerSnots #17 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 06:55

Sergeant

• Players
  • 44990 battles
  • [BBICT] BBICT

As far as being able to "choose a fair game" as in "no arty" how about the size of the map divided by 100 is the max tier? So 700 meter maps can only see tier 7 and below? This especially for Ensk. But give all of us 1 map we don't want to see with a class of tank. Like I don't ever want to see Himmelsdorf if playing arty?

I think skill based MM would be the best. So unicorns only see unicorns and so on. Put that rating system to work.

Prosqtor #18 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 06:57

Major

• Players
  • 59444 battles
  • [ONION] ONION

View PostHippity_The_Dad, on Nov 06 2018 - 09:08, said:

You have to be logged in to get to the link.  Just bad WG coding.

ryuuto #19 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 04:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24751 battles
  • [OARAI] OARAI

View PostCrushUrTank, on Nov 06 2018 - 12:04, said:

I purchased insurance in premium shop.  You need to be aware of something that is not shown in the details when you buy insurance.  WOT says …

We would like to inform you that in order for the insurance to apply you need to be in the Top 5 base on experience earned on your team.

Please factor this in to your decision before you buy insurance.  I was not aware of this before I purchased and like I mentioned this was not listed in the details.

Thanks for the info CrushUrTank. Why I have to dig through an endless stream of rant's about why WG sucks to get to it,  I don't know, geeze?  My other question is does it last for a day, or is it just for an hour or two like personal reserves? I wish they would provide some simple info on what it is they are trying to sell.

NutrientibusMeaGallus #20 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 04:42

Major

• Players
  • 20565 battles
  • [FILOX] FILOX
 Pay to failwin? REALLY?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users