• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

EmperorJuliusCaesar #61 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 04:43

Major

• Players
  • 30451 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostSugaree, on Nov 07 2018 - 00:40, said:

I love arty. I began this game and barely played anything but HT and MT. I decided one day to learn to play arty and LT. I fell in love and put my all-female crew in my m53/55 and was having a blast. So much fun. Then came the neutering. Arty, despite its big guns, doesn't do much damage anymore. I'd like to suggest, however unpopular arty is, to return arty to its previous power, but limit how many are in a match to 1.

Such is my suggestion. Thank you.

Glad to hear you're enjoying arty, we need more arty players especially in the higher tiers.  It would be nice if they'd put the damage and pen back to what they were, but the whining crybabies would have a hissing fit.

As for limiting to 1 per battle, can't be done, the queue times for people working on arties would be unworkable.  People have to be able to grind and get queues like other tanks can, especially if they are running boosters to get an arty for competitive play.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #62 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 04:47

Major

• Players
  • 30451 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostFireplace4, on Nov 07 2018 - 01:18, said:

View PostSugaree, on Nov 06 2018 - 12:40, said:

I love arty. I began this game and barely played anything but HT and MT. I decided one day to learn to play arty and LT. I fell in love and put my all-female crew in my m53/55 and was having a blast. So much fun. Then came the neutering. Arty, despite its big guns, doesn't do much damage anymore. I'd like to suggest, however unpopular arty is, to return arty to its previous power, but limit how many are in a match to 1.

Such is my suggestion. Thank you.

playing in my O-Ho yesterday on one of those maps where the only cover is hills I took 7 arty hits in 3 minutes killing me. I had a super heavy spall liner and was still taking 500 damage a hit. For those of you going to tell me to get arty safe... As I said earlier, only cover was hills and I couldn't pull back till I became unspotted because if I didn't keep up the pressure then the other team would have pushed forward and overwhelmed me. The problem with arty is they can ruin a player's game without any risk to themselves

It's been said time and time again.  If the enemy arty is facing no threat.....that is the fault of your team, including yourself for not reporting the enemy arties position.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #63 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 04:49

Major

• Players
  • 30451 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostTheDerpinator9000, on Nov 07 2018 - 01:48, said:

Probably a random suggestion that popped into my head, I see a lot of people saying 'evade' arty, and sorry for my noob like skills which help with my opinions, but what about a notification when arty is aiming at you? maybe 1 or 2 seconds after they start aiming at you? that way there can be more leeway with how the nerf / buff arty in the game, would there still be such a big argument about arty safe then? if you had fair warning before getting smacked in your engine deck for 500  HP and 3 modules?

Not trying to take any sides here but it popped into my head while I was reading these, as then, would become a question of why didn't you move?

Anywho, that's a random suggestion, lemme know how stupid it is.

Do other classes get that?  No, not unless you're using illegal mods anyway.  It would be a HUGE nerf to arty if that were to happen and that would cause imbalance.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #64 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 05:11

Major

• Players
  • 30451 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostTrauglodyte, on Nov 09 2018 - 01:28, said:

View PostHurk, on Nov 08 2018 - 18:49, said:

not sure i want to see splash grow more. already plenty of complaints about friendly fire. that said, i agree that arty cannot counter wolf packs properly, and that is one of its intended jobs.  I would love to see a change like that in Frontline however. 

I dont see any reason to change the guns arty have. it doesnt add anything to the game to do so. the current designs are already balanced for both playability and tech tree costs. 

pen drop off, i have always felt should be slightly different for all HE... at 100 meters, HE pen changes to zero. the round is now "fuzed" and all HE explosions should happen at point of impact -100mm to indicate the air burst nature of fuzed rounds. in addition, or perhaps, in corrilation to your first idea, fuzed HE rounds could have a larger splash radius or damage range than non-fuzed rounds. 

Stun duration is already controlled by damage and distance. i think what you are really after there is the change of the minimum stun duration to something less painful. however it exists so that people dont just wait it out and instead use their repair kit. Arty stun + reusable consumables go hand in hand. if we reduce/remove stun, we need to reduce/remove reusable consumables to match. 

nerfing handling doesnt matter, they already multiply against each other. the results are exactly the same no matter which number is larger.  you cannot significantly make arty aiming any worse without simply making them unplayable.  what most "moving" tanks dont realise is that im already predicting where you will be ~7 to 10 seconds before you get there. im not hitting a moving target, im hitting a target as it passes through the area im already pre-aimed. 

Crew skills are already being re-worked, and yes there are plans for stun related skills/perks. 

health is nice, but not sure how much it would matter without commiserate changes to mobility. I wont say no, but at the same time, i dont see it fixing anything other than filling in an existing deficit to the class... this also has the side effect of killing counter battery by and large. (if done in a vacuum anyway) I proposed much the same idea, but also at the same time general nerfs to arty to be more of long range heavy tanks, and removal of the one shot lottery. hence the zero pen on HE that is fuzed.

instead of the 3rd HE round, i would un-nerf arty back to their old ammo at ranges less than 100 meters. IE the shell is like their old shell until 100 meters, at which point it fuzes, drops to zero pen and gets the new larger splash.  also as a side effect, rounds hitting targets at less than 100 meters would not be stunned, or would be stunned significantly less. this would require coding changes, so not sure how practical it would be. 

I personally think you could balance arty today, right now, simply by removing the med its ability to remove stun. that would force enemy tanks to suck it up or move away like arty is intended to force them to do under this system. 

/snip

We can get there.  The question is whether WarGaming wants it to get there.

WG has said a few times since 9.18 that the discussion is over to them and they're not making anymore changes to arty.  They WANT it to work the way it does.  It no longer one-shots people, I can't believe people still cry about it.

scHnuuudle_bop #65 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 05:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 18148 battles
  • [MUG-T] MUG-T

View PostFireplace4, on Nov 06 2018 - 20:44, said:

What I'm saying is that any other tank class targeting me I could do something about (and by the way, I was bottom tier), but when just "getting arty safe" isn't an option then there's nothing you can do but just eat a ruined game that wasyed my time. Any other tank class I could pull behind the hill and be safe, but not arty. You can't say that every non-city battle then whichever heavy the arty decides to target should essentially just go back to the garage

Arty safe, what does that even mean?

I want to be light tank safe, I bet there are medium drivers who want to remain heavy safe.

You wanted to keep up pressure, guess what, there were 14, yes fourteen other red players who wanted you destroyed or hiding in the back.You kept up the pressure in an ill advised location. the arty was trying to convince you to move, and this is his fault , how?

The S key, and you being unwilling to to simply press it, ruined your game. You let yourself get hit that many times and you actually think it is someone else's fault.

Open map, real simple, don't get spotted. If you get caught out in a field with a big Japanese heavy tank. I am willing to bet the farm that there were more than a mean artillery shooting at you.

Sounds like you took a short cut and got yourself into trouble.

Sugaree

Instead of the fantastic, near orgasmic 2000HP hits. Revel in the stun and accuracy.

Picture the players, caught exposed, stunned for the fourth or fifth time, all their critical gear trembling. 

Join in with your other arty teammates, so a group is kept stunned for entire battle. 

I lover the small British guns. Loading faster than repair times. Just picturing a player, red faced, banging on his W key, watching the repair timer, just about and blap, tracked again.

Cats run in fear as a mouse gets hurled across the room.

Edited by scHnuuudle_bop, Nov 09 2018 - 05:23.

the_dude_76 #66 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 07:50

Major

• Players
  • 32345 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostHurk, on Nov 08 2018 - 17:59, said:

ove arty's base income does not represent the class. 

for instance, my average play of the m53/55 is -30k, should i use that number to represent the class? no, because i actively choose to use food for instance, which lowers profit by 20k. 

So you agree with the statement "Arty pays nothing in silver. NOTHING"?? Or do you just enjoy arguing??

zimmlock #67 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 11:24

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 36262 battles
  • [9-PDH] 9-PDH

I play a lot of arty to, and yes it needs skill, my primary targets are light tanks and the most satisfying shots are to hit them when they run at full speed and not visible anymore.

But I would like to suggest to limit the number of arty to 2 per side, despite the queue time. And give back each arty 4 rounds of AP to silence the whiners, like the Fireplace4, because then he can be one shotted and doesn't have to complain about the stunning over and over again. We arty have to shoot tanks multiple times to destroy it and yes, when I drive a heavy and I am the target its very irritating. But this system is implemented by WG because of whining people. I prefer to get one shotted by arty, but just limit the amount of AP by 4 rounds per arty.

Now don't get mad, I consider my self a reasonable good arty player, with those 4 AP shells I can maybe kill 1, 2 tanks (depends on type arty, tier, target) So the chance to get one shot by arty is relative smaller by an AP round then be hammered down with HE.

And why I would like back some AP?  just to be able to defend my self better. To my opinion are all the French tanks + E25 a pest to the game, not arty

Hurk #68 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 16:07

Major

• Players
  • 52075 battles
  • [KGR] KGR

View Postthe_dude_76, on Nov 08 2018 - 23:50, said:

So you agree with the statement "Arty pays nothing in silver. NOTHING"?? Or do you just enjoy arguing??

its been my experience with arty, that over the entire length of every tech tree, they are less profitable than other tanks by a very noticeable margin. 

so while i dont 100% agree they pay nothing, the sentiment that they have credit problems, i agree with. 

and i say this as a player who runs a premium account all the time, so im not even working off the base income numbers, and still lose credits many matches, without using special loadouts like i do for the m53. 

V_A_C_A #69 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 17:11

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23195 battles

View PostHurk, on Nov 09 2018 - 12:07, said:

its been my experience with arty, that over the entire length of every tech tree, they are less profitable than other tanks by a very noticeable margin. 

so while i dont 100% agree they pay nothing, the sentiment that they have credit problems, i agree with. 

and i say this as a player who runs a premium account all the time, so im not even working off the base income numbers, and still lose credits many matches, without using special loadouts like i do for the m53. 

I don't use premium account, so when I need to play on higher tiers, I need to play way much more on mid tiers.
I'm mainly an arty player.

Another_Wallet_Warrior #70 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 18:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15585 battles
Was gonna insert a pic but it dont work with smugmug...oh well

Edited by Another_Wallet_Warrior, Nov 09 2018 - 18:21.

Trauglodyte #71 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 18:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 16092 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View PostHurk, on Nov 09 2018 - 16:07, said:

View PostV_A_C_A, on Nov 09 2018 - 17:11, said:

I don't use premium account, so when I need to play on higher tiers, I need to play way much more on mid tiers.
I'm mainly an arty player.

I have had games, pre-premium account, where I actually lost money using nothing but normal ammo and my team won with no team damage or consumables used.  Artillery can be extremely awful at making money.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users