Suggestion for Dark Front type events

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

owlgator #1 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 19:35

Captain

• Players
  • 14812 battles
If we have any future event(s) where you can earn bonus credits/xp for playing random battles, it would be nice to have the bonuses extend beyond the event end date.  For example, turn off Dark Front 11/5 but let players receive bonuses and take advantage of free xp conversion discount another 3-7 days.  This encourages special event play through the end date, and also encourages players to spend gold on more free xp earned.

TeamTerrible #2 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 20:24

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3782 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Dark Front wasn't WG's best work.......

Looks like something the Warplanes devolution team drew up.

Your suggestion does sound good for any other special event.

Panman69 #3 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 22:16

Captain

• Players
  • 34669 battles

View Postowlgator, on Nov 06 2018 - 18:35, said:

If we have any future event(s) where you can earn bonus credits/xp for playing random battles, it would be nice to have the bonuses extend beyond the event end date.  For example, turn off Dark Front 11/5 but let players receive bonuses and take advantage of free xp conversion discount another 3-7 days.  This encourages special event play through the end date, and also encourages players to spend gold on more free xp earned.

WG gave everyone the opportunity to use those bonuses for 2 weeks. All you had to do was spend 5k gold to unlock the max-level. And, honestly, that's probably what WG was hoping players would do. 

As for the XP conversion, WG should have waited until after the XP event to finally give us the 35XP conversion rate. I have an extra 5 days of "extra" XP to be converted that I would have spent the gold on if I still had the special rate. 

silic0nes0ul #4 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 13:31

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20845 battles
  • [RO-TD] RO-TD

This event would make sense to me if 2 things were different:

1. The XP earned in this mode would be a Free XP that doesn't need conversion

2. All levels to be unlocked from day 1 that lets you get to 13 same day if you play a lot in this mode, to be able to enjoy the full potential of the boosters from day 1.

This is aside the fact that the event itself was kind of boring.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

silic0nes0ul