• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

KRZYBooP #1 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 20:18

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3317 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Howdy Boom Jockies! 

Public Service Announcement Concerning Mods. 

For more information about The Fair Policy click HERE

the_Deadly_Bulb #2 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 21:19

Major

• Players
  • 22567 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

I'd add that if a player can't honestly determine if the mod they're considering provides an unfair advantage, then just don't run it.

Its not rocket science, but it is amazing how players will use their powers of irrational rationalisation to convince themselves that an unfair mod may be OK after all.

Laughable, even though its more sad than funny.

YANKEE137 #3 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 21:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 10574 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

black_colt #4 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 21:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 3737 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Nov 06 2018 - 11:18, said:

Howdy Boom Jockies! 

Public Service Announcement Concerning Mods. 

For more information about The Fair Policy click HERE

Thank you for finally posting a video that states mods downloaded from the MOD PORTAL WORLD OF TANKS are " ... verified and allowed mods are published there ..., rest assured ... not prohibited ..."

Augustus_Sohn #5 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 22:11

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2726 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

This is great that you are putting it out there for those who are like “You never said this wasn’t allowed!”

And kudos as well for adding certain settings to the game that were once only available in a mod pack. 

Can i suggest one that could very easily be brought over to the vanilla client?

Auto Crew Mover. Having to move a crew from premium to non premium over and over is a pain. 

the_Deadly_Bulb #6 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 22:37

Major

• Players
  • 22567 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostAugustus_Sohn, on Nov 06 2018 - 13:11, said:

This is great that you are putting it out there for those who are like “You never said this wasn’t allowed!”

And kudos as well for adding certain settings to the game that were once only available in a mod pack.

Auto Crew Mover. Having to move a crew from premium to non premium over and over is a pain.

Seconded, strongly.

OP, why does it sometimes seem like the devs figure we enjoy "World of Clicking"?

Auto equipment swap and auto crew return both deserve being "vanillafied".

More playing, less tedium. :honoring:

KRZYBooP #7 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 23:37

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3317 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostAugustus_Sohn, on Nov 06 2018 - 15:11, said:

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Nov 06 2018 - 15:37, said:

Seconded, strongly.

OP, why does it sometimes seem like the devs figure we enjoy "World of Clicking"?

Auto equipment swap and auto crew return both deserve being "vanillafied".

More playing, less tedium. :honoring:

Thank you both for the Feedback. These are both good ideas in my opinion, and will be sure to forward them to the proper department for review. 

Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #8 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 00:27

Major

• Players
  • 76685 battles
Thanks WG for banning these cheating scum. Lets keep the game fair for all.

darth_75 #9 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 00:28

Private

• -Players-
  • 10706 battles
  • [T-K-O] T-K-O

How exactly is this determination of illegal mods made? I run a vanilla client and I just went to log in after work and my account is banned for 7 days. The only mod I have ever used is XVM and I havent used it in a few months now.

Is there a way to appeal these bans?

rockbutcher #10 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 01:38

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18858 battles
  • [69CBR] 69CBR

View PostKRZYBooP, on Nov 06 2018 - 17:37, said:

Thank you both for the Feedback. These are both good ideas in my opinion, and will be sure to forward them to the proper department for review.

Thanks KRZY, and if you could add a rolling sessions stats to that forward I'd stop using Aslain's.

EchoFiveActual #11 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 01:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 14115 battles
  • [CHAO5] CHAO5

View Postdarth_75, on Nov 06 2018 - 15:28, said:

How exactly is this determination of illegal mods made? I run a vanilla client and I just went to log in after work and my account is banned for 7 days. The only mod I have ever used is XVM and I havent used it in a few months now.

does somebody else have access to your account? or that its been compromised? perhaps somebody else is running these mods

Edited by EchoFiveActual, Nov 07 2018 - 01:52.

the_Deadly_Bulb #12 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 03:31

Major

• Players
  • 22567 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postdarth_75, on Nov 06 2018 - 15:28, said:

View PostEchoFiveActual, on Nov 06 2018 - 16:51, said:

does somebody else have access to your account? or that its been compromised? perhaps somebody else is running these mods

darth_75, its my understanding that WG can scan your python logs to determine which mods you are running.

If you never delete your python logs then mods you once ran (but no longer use) will also be referenced in your python logs.

I use Aslain's mod pack. I get it from the WoT Mod Portal found here https://wgmods.net/

One of the features of Aslain's is the ability to delete your python logs whenever you update your mods. This ensures that there are no references to mods that you may have previously used, only the mods you currently are using.

WG is never going to provide a complete list of the name of every illegal mod.

Some that are now illegal weren't always.

If your python logs are never cleansed then there could likely be references to a mod that you no longer use, but that you once did.

That mod may have been OK then but not now.

The take away is that you should ensure your python logs are up to date and refer only to mods you are using and use only mods obtained through the WoT Official mod portal. https://wgmods.net/

To EchoFiveActual's point, if someone else gets access to your account, and runs it from a PC other than yours, and installs illegal mods on that PC and is then scanned, then your account will get shut down as proscribed by FairPlay.

WG's sweeps wouldn't check which computer the log was generated on, it just checks the python log of the PC that is online playing that account while the sweep is being conducted.

If there's a banned mod referenced then they would take action.

Its entirely your responsibility to ensure the security of your log in info.

The take away for this is the following.

Don't use auto login with your password "remembered" unless you know no one else has access to that PC (even then, be certain and just type the password in every time).

Don't let others use your account, ever.

Change your passwords often and make them secure.

As to an appeal, I don't believe WG will even advise you of what mod they believe you were using.

Therefore I doubt you really have a starting point for the appeal.

What could you say?

"WG why did you ban me?"

Their response will likely be "We have reason to believe you have been employing mods that contravene the FairPlay Policy"

At which point you have no recourse. I mean you could say "No I wasn't" but I'm pretty sure that'd be a non-starter.

If I were in your place (and you had as much $ in your account as I have in mine) and I wanted to continue to play WoT I would strongly consider going total vanilla from here on.

You basically get one strike, 2 and you're out.

If you must run mods then best get them where I said and make certain you maintain your account security, and either way make sure you clean up your python logs. Aslain's would do that even if you selected no mods to install.

Might not even be a mod issue. Someone getting access to your account could easily just go on a TK/Team damage spree and get you the same result.

Either way its you that suffers and it'd be very hard to appeal.

No harm in trying an appeal. Good luck.

Don't advertise the results unless they're successful.

Pretty sure the forum mods would find that poor form. :honoring:

taopaipai #13 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 05:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 38906 battles
  • [BTV] BTV
Ban XVM

the_Deadly_Bulb #14 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 06:16

Major

• Players
  • 22567 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostKRZYBooP, on Nov 06 2018 - 14:37, said:

KRZYBooP since I have a chance to provide feedback that is actually being read may I also beg for a map spam blocker, such as the fine mod by Elkano?

It's one less I would use if it too was 'vanillafied'.

There are few things more aggravating in chat than the map spammer.

This practice renders chat unusable by everyone while it occurs.

It is not conducive to an enjoyable environment. :honoring:

JLdragon #15 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 07:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17378 battles
  • [MISF] MISF

I must say I look forward to this and I have some questions that I dont know if they are addressed

Block Quote

We’ve set out to build a healthier environmet, and will continue to monitor the game and evolve this system to ensure a fair experience for all players in the future. We rely on your support in this journey and are eager to hear your feedback.

More questions? Check here.

The link is over 1 year old and we no longer have our Meathead to answer anymore questions.. so I would like to comment..

first of all many have seen my tank remodels that have been converted to wheeled tanks, added 2 barrels, 99% full tank modifications. With this I would like to state for the record

ALL of the tank remodel that have been done me do NOT directly nor inderictly change, effect, modify, convert, any and or all of the folliowing, stats, physical properties of the hitbox, collisions, parameters, mobility, armor, HP, DPM, Pen, and all 3D model parts that would be considered any kind of advantage that any way would exploit cheating in any direct and or indirect way.

All of my tank remodels are 100% cosmetic changes only, all files that pertain to the abilities of any 3D model tanks in WoT are not changed, and or modified in any way.

Secondly (slightly off topic) I would like to know how to go about posting my Tank remodels onto the WGods.net site so that they may be reviewed and deemed fair play. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Augustus_Sohn #16 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 09:17

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2726 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostKRZYBooP, on Nov 06 2018 - 14:37, said:

https://giphy.com/gifs/funny-lonely-island-jizz-in-my-pants-13NaYABDVhT7a

Bavor #17 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 14:47

Major

• Players
  • 31314 battles

View Posttaopaipai, on Nov 06 2018 - 23:27, said:

Ban XVM

Why?  XVM has many features that players find useful which Wargaming hasn't added to the game client yet.  Moving the best crew to a vehicle is one I find useful.  Additional garage filters above those in the stock client are useful.  Many of the improvements to the game client came from XVM.  For example, The view range and draw range circles and additional garage filters came from XVM.  

If Wargaming added all the extra features from XVM that the players want in the game client then maybe banning XVM would be helpful.

patate_douce #18 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 15:34

Private

• -Players-
  • 23408 battles
  • [AXMAN] AXMAN

I'm wondering if you're going to watch the clan rank first who's being play witch a mod  35$ by month ,i would be very pleased

OlTanker #19 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 16:29

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16806 battles
  • [3_61] 3_61

In addition to the other two suggestions previously mentioned, that I heartily agree with as well. (especially the spamming and map pinging) I'd like to ask for a simple mod addition to be placed into the vanilla. The loader yelling "up" once the round is loaded is a real world tanker thing and this retired tanker likes to have it when I play.

Edited by OlTanker, Nov 07 2018 - 16:30.

KRZYBooP #20 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 17:41

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3317 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Postdarth_75, on Nov 06 2018 - 17:28, said:

Yes you can appeal these bans by submitting a ticket to our support team. They will investigate and ensure sanctions were applied properly or removed. 

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Nov 06 2018 - 23:16, said:

KRZYBooP since I have a chance to provide feedback that is actually being read may I also beg for a map spam blocker, such as the fine mod by Elkano?

It's one less I would use if it too was 'vanillafied'.

There are few things more aggravating in chat than the map spammer.

This practice renders chat unusable by everyone while it occurs.

It is not conducive to an enjoyable environment. :honoring:

View PostOlTanker, on Nov 07 2018 - 09:29, said:

In addition to the other two suggestions previously mentioned, that I heartily agree with as well. (especially the spamming and map pinging) I'd like to ask for a simple mod addition to be placed into the vanilla. The loader yelling "up" once the round is loaded is a real world tanker thing and this retired tanker likes to have it when I play.

Spamming the Map ping function is an offense that you can report a player for. Submit a ticket with a replay of it happening to our support and they will apply any sanctions necessary. 

Also tagged with Bans, Fair Play, Mods, KRZY

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users