• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

PALEJEDI #21 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 19:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 29689 battles
  • [MECHS] MECHS

View Postdarth_75, on Nov 07 2018 - 00:28, said:

How exactly is this determination of illegal mods made? I run a vanilla client and I just went to log in after work and my account is banned for 7 days. The only mod I have ever used is XVM and I havent used it in a few months now.

Is there a way to appeal these bans?

appealing will not work..i was in same boat last year, appealed and didn't do no good..take your 7 days and play something else..then after 7 days come back and just not spend any real money anymore on the game

the_Deadly_Bulb #22 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 20:03

Major

• Players
  • 22567 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostKRZYBooP, on Nov 07 2018 - 08:41, said:

Spamming the Map ping function is an offense that you can report a player for. Submit a ticket with a replay of it happening to our support and they will apply any sanctions necessary.

KRZYBoop, I appreciate that I could report these players, but as to my earlier post I seek more play and less tedium.

I already pay to play, why does WG feel I should be some sort of patrolman and spend my time filling out reports and submitting them?

If it only takes 5 minutes to fill out and send a report I would still be spending about 1 hour every day I played to fill the role of "Map Spam Cop", the issue is that prevalent. Not going to happen!

While players complain about TKs I rarely see an intentional TK. I do see Map Spam in just about every match and at all tiers.

With all respect I'm a paying customer not an employee/hall monitor.

The game currently has an automated system for team damage, and a timer on targeting opponents.

Why is it that we have to rely on a mod to put an end to map spam?

I won't be filing any reports, I run Elkanos excellent Map Spam blocker.

Since I started running the mod I don't suffer these dolts and their nonsense, but many others do.

As to sanctioning players who do this, I would just as soon not see sanctions.

A vanillafied Map Spam Blocker would prevent this rather than disciplining for it.

Discipline is fine for TK and even desertion, but I want server pop not players sanctioned for Map Spam.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

This would not be a difficult addition, nor would it have any negative effect on the game.

It would improve the experience.

It was my impression that WG wants input on how best to improve the player experience.

This is something that would accomplish that without much effort at all on the part of WG. :honoring:

cloudwalkr #23 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 20:35

Major

• Players
  • 54530 battles

The crew move function, the map spam blocker...along with several others have all been suggested MANY times over the years by NUMEROUS people....and we still don't have them.  

Also, the idea that support would help over turn a false ban for illegal mods doesn't sit well with me.  Support is constantly responding with copy past responses.  They constantly respond to one issue about something completely different and off topic.  It usually takes a few days (in my experience) to even get a hold of customer support...in which it usually takes a few replys to get them on the correct topic...which then usually takes a few days for them to actually do anything...so those that caught a false 7 day ban....good luck.  Honestly.

I'm coming off a little jaded here...and well, I kind of am.  I've seen these suggestions put forward MANY times...so to see a mod act like this is first time ever and "passing on the suggestions"...I'll believe it when I see it.  I do apologize for my attitued, KRYZboop,  I know you really don't have anything to do with it.  It's just incredibly frustrating.

Also, side note:  Empires Boarder is a horrible map.  

Edit:  I agree with bulb above me.

Edited by cloudwalkr, Nov 07 2018 - 20:36.

Trippledot #24 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 21:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 18027 battles
  • [FATE] FATE

The following are the BIGGEST mistake WG did:

1. cancel the chart option between the team (for God's sake it's a social game !!!). if someone will investigate this, you will see a direct correlation on massive players drop, 1-2 months after it happens.

2. fighting against the mods: it's a war that you don't want to win. it happens on other online games, and some of them ended up dead.

I'm not against or in favor of legal/illegal mods. i dont think players who use them become drastically better (i know some that use them and still my stats are better).

there is already a big problem with available active players for the last 10 months (a simple survey can reveal it with the participation in clan wars, timeout in a queue,skrimish games with 3-6 teams ... and the list is long).

WG need to be very careful on what they are wishing here, to reduce more active players (which to my opinion we are already below the RED LINE)  can create a much bigger impact to all of us (by far more than few illegal mods!).

Edited by Trippledot, Nov 07 2018 - 21:24.

KRZYBooP #25 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 22:38

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3311 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostPALEJEDI, on Nov 07 2018 - 12:07, said:

appealing will not work..i was in same boat last year, appealed and didn't do no good..take your 7 days and play something else..then after 7 days come back and just not spend any real money anymore on the game

Depending on the situation though it does. Someone else logging into an account that's not theirs and running illegal mods can be proven. Appealing doesn't guarantee the decision will be reversed but you can be reassured that an investigation was completed.  

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Nov 07 2018 - 13:03, said:

KRZYBoop, I appreciate that I could report these players, but as to my earlier post I seek more play and less tedium.

I already pay to play, why does WG feel I should be some sort of patrolman and spend my time filling out reports and submitting them?

If it only takes 5 minutes to fill out and send a report I would still be spending about 1 hour every day I played to fill the role of "Map Spam Cop", the issue is that prevalent. Not going to happen!

While players complain about TKs I rarely see an intentional TK. I do see Map Spam in just about every match and at all tiers.

The game currently has an automated system for team damage, and a timer on targeting opponents.

Since I started running the mod I don't suffer these dolts and their nonsense, but many others do.

A vanillafied Map Spam Blocker would prevent this rather than disciplining for it.

Discipline is fine for TK and even desertion, but I want server pop not players sanctioned for Map Spam.

This would not be a difficult addition, nor would it have any negative effect on the game.

It was my impression that WG wants input on how best to improve the player experience.

This is something that would accomplish that without much effort at all on the part of WG. :honoring:

I agree with you personally that implementing a spam blocker would be a good idea. My point is that while I can't guarantee anything will be implemented into the game there is at least an ability to report Map pinging. If it's not something you want to do I understand, but there are other players on your team that could take up the mantle "Map Spam Cop," at least for that one battle. 

View Postcloudwalkr, on Nov 07 2018 - 13:35, said:

The crew move function, the map spam blocker...along with several others have all been suggested MANY times over the years by NUMEROUS people....and we still don't have them.  

Also, the idea that support would help over turn a false ban for illegal mods doesn't sit well with me.  Support is constantly responding with copy past responses.  They constantly respond to one issue about something completely different and off topic.  It usually takes a few days (in my experience) to even get a hold of customer support...in which it usually takes a few replys to get them on the correct topic...which then usually takes a few days for them to actually do anything...so those that caught a false 7 day ban....good luck.  Honestly.

I'm coming off a little jaded here...and well, I kind of am.  I've seen these suggestions put forward MANY times...so to see a mod act like this is first time ever and "passing on the suggestions"...I'll believe it when I see it.  I do apologize for my attitued, KRYZboop,  I know you really don't have anything to do with it.  It's just incredibly frustrating.

Also, side note:  Empires Boarder is a horrible map.  

Edit:  I agree with bulb above me.

Support has a pretty strict privacy policy when dealing with any rule violations tickets. While not much information is shared, it doesn't mean that investigative work isn't being done. 

There are many places already to gather customer feedback, and since there isn't a giant list of what the Developers have already been told why not take in and forward it to them. There could be larger/louder squeaking things that the Developers are working on, or blanket changes that could address the issue entirely. I am a simple Forum person so all I can do is speculate, but I do believe in WG since I have seen the company listen to the community on some issues and address them accordingly. 

I suppose that is just cautious optimist in me. 

the_Deadly_Bulb #26 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 22:59

Major

• Players
  • 22567 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostKRZYBooP, on Nov 07 2018 - 13:38, said:

Depending on the situation though it does. Someone else logging into an account that's not theirs and running illegal mods can be proven. Appealing doesn't guarantee the decision will be reversed but you can be reassured that an investigation was completed. 

I agree with you personally that implementing a spam blocker would be a good idea. My point is that while I can't guarantee anything will be implemented into the game there is at least an ability to report Map pinging. If it's not something you want to do I understand, but there are other players on your team that could take up the mantle "Map Spam Cop," at least for that one battle.

Support has a pretty strict privacy policy when dealing with any rule violations tickets. While not much information is shared, it doesn't mean that investigative work isn't being done.

There are many places already to gather customer feedback, and since there isn't a giant list of what the Developers have already been told why not take in and forward it to them. There could be larger/louder squeaking things that the Developers are working on, or blanket changes that could address the issue entirely. I am a simple Forum person so all I can do is speculate, but I do believe in WG since I have seen the company listen to the community on some issues and address them accordingly.

If you're referring to the PMM Premium fiasco then yes, WG listened.

Good thing too.

For me anyway. I enjoy this game.

I spat flame over that and also quit playing for the duration, Premium Time be damned, I let it tick away.

If WG had gone ahead with this then its probable that we would not be having this discussion.

I'd have missed WoT.

Still it required Herculean effort on the part of the community, there were outcries, anger and revolt on all regional forums over this. Literally 1000s of posts, all gone now (of course), erased like the image of a despised former Pharaoh.

So yes, WG listens, but only when the request is jet engine in your ear loud, or unfortunately that's how it seems.

Anyway, appreciate your efforts. :honoring:

Won't hold my breath.

Really would rather not use any mods, but I really like the few I use.

ruiguo08 #27 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 03:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 17592 battles
  • [PRC] PRC

View PostKRZYBooP, on Nov 07 2018 - 16:38, said:

Hi,KRZYBooP,

First I would like to thank you for the update on fair play policy. 

Secondly, I felt very bad when I got the email yesterday from WG saying that my account was permanently suspended due to illegal mods. First I got a warning earlier this year and then a 7-day ban in the summer. Now my account is permanently suspended. Every time I got the email about illegal mods, I uninstalled the client with mods and then reinstall it. Last month, I reinstalled the Windows 10 with all programs. The only mods I've been using has been Aslian's mod pack downloaded from wgmods.net. Last time I got the 7-days ban, I contacted the support team with a ticket trying to know exactly what kind of illegal mods I was accused of using. But all the tickets were in vain as I got no help from the reply. I understand that there are rules by the support team and they were probably not allowed to provided me with such information. This time for the permanent suspension, I submitted a ticket and I was told I can choose to wipe my account. I will keep all the items that I paid for but all the other progresses will deleted if I choose to do so.

I don't want to lose all my progresses. I first played WoT in China in 2010. I opened this account in 2012 when I came to US for my PhD degree and I've been playing regularly since then. Believe it or not, WoT is the only game I've been playing every week so far in my life.  This account means something more than just a PC game to me personally and I would not do anything with the risk that I might lost it some day. Losing this account makes me very upset. I would very much like to ask you for a chance to prove my innocence if you could ask to start an investigation on my account. 

HeavyMetalSix #28 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 03:13

Sergeant

• Players
  • 50232 battles

What's the timeline for addressing the cheating in rigger rampage mode that people used to "earn" T-22s, crews, credits, etc.?

That's sarcasm we all know riggers won't ever get served for being cheating scumbags.

Mercer_Keel #29 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 04:26

Major

• Players
  • 38923 battles
  • [LTD] LTD
Beyond the person being stupid and doing a live stream or posting a youtube recording of their account how do you expect to even find out. can't go off people reporting at all. 1-2 times a day I get a msg about me cheating and I have zero mods on the game. 

Edited by Mercer_Keel, Nov 08 2018 - 04:27.

stevezaxx #30 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 04:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38553 battles
  • [COD] COD

View PostKRZYBooP, on Nov 07 2018 - 16:38, said:

I understand that, and I understand why. I KNOW you cant publish a list of players perma-banned. Would it violate policy to send a message to players who send reports on the order of  "Your report helped us to enforce fair play. Thank you" ?

dexatrin82 #31 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 06:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21076 battles
  • [AR-PA] AR-PA

View Postdarth_75, on Nov 07 2018 - 00:28, said:

How exactly is this determination of illegal mods made? I run a vanilla client and I just went to log in after work and my account is banned for 7 days. The only mod I have ever used is XVM and I havent used it in a few months now.

Is there a way to appeal these bans?

I have always suspected some of T-K-O guys to be using certain illegal reload timer mods and fairly sure they use treedown as well, we have intentionally had them avoid an area cause we sent a light tank knocking down as much as he could, they ran head first into our heavies and died. Seeing someone I figured was cheating get banned makes me smile.

TeamTerrible #32 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 07:28

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3783 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostKRZYBooP, on Nov 06 2018 - 14:18, said:

Howdy Boom Jockies! 

Public Service Announcement Concerning Mods. 

For more information about The Fair Policy click HERE

Umm yeah........so what you are saying is only WG can stink up the match??

Fair Play eh??

Practice what you preach and get back to us

EmperorJuliusCaesar #33 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 18:52

Major

• Players
  • 30451 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Nov 08 2018 - 02:03, said:

View PostKRZYBooP, on Nov 07 2018 - 08:41, said:

Spamming the Map ping function is an offense that you can report a player for. Submit a ticket with a replay of it happening to our support and they will apply any sanctions necessary.

Very well said.  There are those that map ping spam AND are toxic and when they get perma chat banned, some will leave, just prevent it in the first place. 

A simple fix WG.....PLEASE.

CabbageMechanic #34 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 18:53

Senior Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 8410 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Postruiguo08, on Nov 07 2018 - 18:05, said:

Hi,KRZYBooP,

First I would like to thank you for the update on fair play policy. 

Secondly, I felt very bad when I got the email yesterday from WG saying that my account was permanently suspended due to illegal mods. First I got a warning earlier this year and then a 7-day ban in the summer. Now my account is permanently suspended. Every time I got the email about illegal mods, I uninstalled the client with mods and then reinstall it. Last month, I reinstalled the Windows 10 with all programs. The only mods I've been using has been Aslian's mod pack downloaded from wgmods.net. Last time I got the 7-days ban, I contacted the support team with a ticket trying to know exactly what kind of illegal mods I was accused of using. But all the tickets were in vain as I got no help from the reply. I understand that there are rules by the support team and they were probably not allowed to provided me with such information. This time for the permanent suspension, I submitted a ticket and I was told I can choose to wipe my account. I will keep all the items that I paid for but all the other progresses will deleted if I choose to do so.

I don't want to lose all my progresses. I first played WoT in China in 2010. I opened this account in 2012 when I came to US for my PhD degree and I've been playing regularly since then. Believe it or not, WoT is the only game I've been playing every week so far in my life.  This account means something more than just a PC game to me personally and I would not do anything with the risk that I might lost it some day. Losing this account makes me very upset. I would very much like to ask you for a chance to prove my innocence if you could ask to start an investigation on my account. 

This is something we hear every time a Fair Play ban goes out, and every time I follow up with our mod team to look at exactly what was flagged. You were not banned for mods contained in Aslain's mod pack.  If you genuinely never used other mods, perhaps you shared your account with someone who did?

View Poststevezaxx, on Nov 07 2018 - 19:34, said:

I understand that, and I understand why. I KNOW you cant publish a list of players perma-banned. Would it violate policy to send a message to players who send reports on the order of  "Your report helped us to enforce fair play. Thank you" ?

We are looking into potential updates to the privacy policy that would allow for something like this.  The landscape has changed significantly since our original privacy policy was put into place and this practice is becoming more accepted.

View PostHeavyMetalSix, on Nov 07 2018 - 18:13, said:

What's the timeline for addressing the cheating in rigger rampage mode that people used to "earn" T-22s, crews, credits, etc.?

That's sarcasm we all know riggers won't ever get served for being cheating scumbags.

I personally banned more than 100 accounts for rigging during Rampage mode, but as we said at the time we were only able to act on definitive replay proof of rigging - which we received in large amounts and took the appropriate actions with.

Edited by CabbageMechanic, Nov 08 2018 - 18:54.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #35 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 19:04

Major

• Players
  • 30451 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostTrippledot, on Nov 08 2018 - 03:23, said:

The following are the BIGGEST mistake WG did:

1. cancel the chart option between the team (for God's sake it's a social game !!!). if someone will investigate this, you will see a direct correlation on massive players drop, 1-2 months after it happens.

2. fighting against the mods: it's a war that you don't want to win. it happens on other online games, and some of them ended up dead.

I'm not against or in favor of legal/illegal mods. i dont think players who use them become drastically better (i know some that use them and still my stats are better).

there is already a big problem with available active players for the last 10 months (a simple survey can reveal it with the participation in clan wars, timeout in a queue,skrimish games with 3-6 teams ... and the list is long).

WG need to be very careful on what they are wishing here, to reduce more active players (which to my opinion we are already below the RED LINE)  can create a much bigger impact to all of us (by far more than few illegal mods!).

Cross-team chat is NEVER coming back.  There was constant reporting of friendly positions, to the point there was far too many tickets for WG to deal with.  Blame your fellow players, they brought it upon themselves.

Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #36 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 19:47

Major

• Players
  • 76656 battles

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Nov 08 2018 - 13:04, said:

Cross-team chat is NEVER coming back.  There was constant reporting of friendly positions, to the point there was far too many tickets for WG to deal with.  Blame your fellow players, they brought it upon themselves.

The only times I ever saw this was when there was an AFK/bot/totally useless player left of the enemy team, and somebody on that team wanted the game to end quickly. I'm not saying that it was justified, but I never saw it do anything detrimental to the game.

I really used to enjoy the cross team chat. It was often entertaining. Sure there was some toxicity, but it was never as bad as the chat between teammates. It was always fun to tell the remaining enemy arties to "bend over and lube up, because I am coming to get you".

the_Deadly_Bulb #37 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 19:53

Major

• Players
  • 22567 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostCabbageMechanic, on Nov 08 2018 - 09:53, said:

This is something we hear every time a Fair Play ban goes out, and every time I follow up with our mod team to look at exactly what was flagged. You were not banned for mods contained in Aslain's mod pack.  If you genuinely never used other mods, perhaps you shared your account with someone who did?

We are looking into potential updates to the privacy policy that would allow for something like this.  The landscape has changed significantly since our original privacy policy was put into place and this practice is becoming more accepted.

I personally banned more than 100 accounts for rigging during Rampage mode, but as we said at the time we were only able to act on definitive replay proof of rigging - which we received in large amounts and took the appropriate actions with.

First question

CM, can you categorically state that there is no chance of being banned for using Mods obtained from Aslain's or any of the other mod packs on the WG Mod Portal? https://wgmods.net/

I ask because we see so many posts here on the forum, such as the one you responded to, where players say things like "I've only ever used XVM and now I'm banned".

Second question

Does WG check the mod packs that are uploaded to the WG Mod Portal each update to ensure they maintain adherence to the FairPlay Policy?

Thank you for your update. FairPlay all the way!

the_Deadly_Bulb #38 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 20:09

Major

• Players
  • 22567 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostLesser_Spotted_Panzer, on Nov 08 2018 - 10:47, said:

The only times I ever saw this was when there was an AFK/bot/totally useless player left of the enemy team, and somebody on that team wanted the game to end quickly. I'm not saying that it was justified, but I never saw it do anything detrimental to the game.

I really used to enjoy the cross team chat. It was often entertaining. Sure there was some toxicity, but it was never as bad as the chat between teammates. It was always fun to tell the remaining enemy arties to "bend over and lube up, because I am coming to get you".

Even the "totally useless" player has the right to play.

Too many players seem to think this game is theirs.

To many players feel they qualify as some sort of referee.

Its not, and they don't.

There is no skill requirement.

Lost connections are a thing.

So is the doorbell or some other real life urgent matter.

There was never an appropriate time to ghost a team mate to the OPFOR, NEVER.

FYI, I reported it every single time I witnessed it. That said it wasn't rampant, just very poor form.

Some toxicity in cross chat?

ROTFL! :D

It was rampant.

Sure there is a ton of team toxic now, but that's because the toxic chat kiddies don't have cross chat to vent their spleen, so they puke on their team mates.

I notice its usually the self absorbed "Pattonettes" that die in the first 3 minutes too.

Its always just as self centered and baseless as the cross chat taunts and jabs, the same level of toxicity.

Its becoming expected and is a product of the anonymity of the internet.

yruputin #39 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 20:28

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24151 battles
  • [A_P] A_P
TBH ----the idea that there are cheaters in this game makes it less likely I will support this game monetarily. You guys need to put the hammer down. I hate spending money on a game that is full of scumbag cheaters.

ruiguo08 #40 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 01:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 17592 battles
  • [PRC] PRC

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Nov 08 2018 - 13:53, said:

First question

CM, can you categorically state that there is no chance of being banned for using Mods obtained from Aslain's or any of the other mod packs on the WG Mod Portal? https://wgmods.net/

I ask because we see so many posts here on the forum, such as the one you responded to, where players say things like "I've only ever used XVM and now I'm banned".

Second question

Does WG check the mod packs that are uploaded to the WG Mod Portal each update to ensure they maintain adherence to the FairPlay Policy?

Thank you for your update. FairPlay all the way!

I do hope WG can answer your questions. I used Aslain's pack only and I got permanently suspended. As you can see, I posted here earlier hoping WG could do some investigation on my case to prove my innocence. 

Also tagged with Bans, Fair Play, Mods, KRZY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users