66 replies to this topic

EmperorJuliusCaesar #41 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 01:48

Major

• Players
  • 35075 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostLesser_Spotted_Panzer, on Nov 09 2018 - 01:47, said:

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Nov 08 2018 - 13:04, said:

Cross-team chat is NEVER coming back.  There was constant reporting of friendly positions, to the point there was far too many tickets for WG to deal with.  Blame your fellow players, they brought it upon themselves.

The only times I ever saw this was when there was an AFK/bot/totally useless player left of the enemy team, and somebody on that team wanted the game to end quickly. I'm not saying that it was justified, but I never saw it do anything detrimental to the game.

I really used to enjoy the cross team chat. It was often entertaining. Sure there was some toxicity, but it was never as bad as the chat between teammates. It was always fun to tell the remaining enemy arties to "bend over and lube up, because I am coming to get you".

Funny, I saw it every day.  Either it was people telling the enemy where their own arty is so the game could be over more quickly, or telling them the position of their last chai sniper.   This.....back when a well-crewed arty had a CHANCE of out-spotting the enemy, saw a GWE100 kill the last 3 enemies.  In the end, it doesn't matter because it was against the rules, and the frequent and flagrant breaking of the rules by the players themselves is why it's gone and not coming back. 

the_Deadly_Bulb #42 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 02:54

Major

• Players
  • 25990 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postyruputin, on Nov 08 2018 - 11:28, said:

TBH ----the idea that there are cheaters in this game makes it less likely I will support this game monetarily. You guys need to put the hammer down. I hate spending money on a game that is full of scumbag cheaters.

Life is full of cheaters.

There is literally no avoiding or evading them.

Literally every multiplayer game I have ever played has had players ready, willing and most times able to exploit, hack, or in some way gain an advantage over others playing the game.

WG is doing what many game production companies do and making efforts, taking steps to remove or disincentive this type of behaviour.

They are doing what they can, but as long as players are overly concerned with winning at any cost there will be those that will give banned mods a go.

WG will never be totally rid of them, not as long as there are new players who step up to try that route to 'glory' (especially Free To Play players, who after all have nothing invested, nothing to lose).

If you choose to be Free to Play then by all means fill that niche.

Just don't try to play the "I'm not spending until they fix it" card because its only you who's going without.

FTP players are an important part of WoT.

WG wants them too, be certain of it.

They pad numbers.

They provide targets for paying customers.

If the only players on the servers were Pay to Play then the client would likely need a rework to join a game.

5 minutes wouldn't be long enough.

VooDooKobra #43 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 04:34

Major

• Players
  • 9239 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View Postyruputin, on Nov 08 2018 - 12:28, said:

TBH ----the idea that there are cheaters in this game makes it less likely I will support this game monetarily. You guys need to put the hammer down. I hate spending money on a game that is full of scumbag cheaters.

so you are going to single player games only?  best way to never have to deal with the idea of cheaters

stevezaxx #44 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 05:10

Captain

• Players
  • 39457 battles
  • [COD] COD

Apparently I don't know how to operate the forum properly, proper post below.

Edited by stevezaxx, Nov 09 2018 - 05:17.

stevezaxx #45 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 05:16

Captain

• Players
  • 39457 battles
  • [COD] COD

View PostKRZYBooP, on Nov 07 2018 - 16:38, said:

Support has a pretty strict privacy policy when dealing with any rule violations tickets. While not much information is shared, it doesn't mean that investigative work isn't being done. 

View Poststevezaxx, on Nov 07 2018 - 22:34, said:

I understand that, and I understand why. I KNOW you cant publish a list of players perma-banned. Would it violate policy to send a message to players who send reports on the order of  "Your report helped us to enforce fair play. Thank you" ?

View PostCabbageMechanic, on Nov 08 2018 - 12:53, said:

We are looking into potential updates to the privacy policy that would allow for something like this.  The landscape has changed significantly since our original privacy policy was put into place and this practice is becoming more accepted.

Thank you for the update.

cloudwalkr #46 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 21:17

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 55884 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View Postyruputin, on Nov 08 2018 - 20:28, said:

Chances are if it's an online multiplayer game that someone will be cheating or trying to.  It's going to happen.  If you want to ensure that you never play a game with cheaters in it while being online...You need to stick to solo player games.  

the game isn't full of "scumbag cheaters" but there are a few out there who are cheating.

Lexers615 #47 Posted Nov 12 2018 - 04:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15712 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB
Some more made up numbers so that WG can pretend to care about honest players, while cheats are still widely and openly used by wallet warriors...

Lexers615 #48 Posted Nov 12 2018 - 05:06

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15712 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB

View Postyruputin, on Nov 08 2018 - 14:28, said:

That's exactly the problem... All hardcore modders I came accross all had a garage full of high end prem tanks according to wotlab.net. In other words, they already had spent big bucks on the game and were likely going to keep on spending. And I'm talking about a few modders that weren't embarassed a bit to boast about it in the team chat. WG simply can't ban those, as they've already lost nearly 80% of their playerbase in the last 5 years; would be killing the milking cow. So, instead, WG periodically makes forum posts, making fake numbers up pretending to ban cheaters, in a way of pretending to care about honest players. Worst: those made up numbers are also padded by the actual number of bans of garage scambots (the bots that PM you in garage to give you links to website where you should be able to purchase gold or prem time at a discount, as well as those flodding the team chat at tier I and II battles with the same ****. Those do get banned after a few days). Last spring, I maxed my blacklist out with scambots in a matter of days. Those so-called 300 or so bans could simply be 300 scambots, and only if WG is being honest about the number of bans, which I highly doubt.

Simply put: since 2014, WG worked real hard to shoo away honest players and reward cheaters, so do you really think they're really going to ban any?

VooDooKobra #49 Posted Nov 12 2018 - 06:38

Major

• Players
  • 9239 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostLexers615, on Nov 11 2018 - 20:53, said:

Some more made up numbers so that WG can pretend to care about honest players, while cheats are still widely and openly used by wallet warriors...

can you back up that statement?  

_Tsavo_ #50 Posted Nov 12 2018 - 06:45

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44634 battles
  • [TSAVO] TSAVO

View PostVooDooKobra, on Nov 12 2018 - 00:38, said:

can you back up that statement?  

He can only back it up with Reynold's Wrap.

Lexers615 #51 Posted Nov 12 2018 - 07:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15712 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB
Yeah... Two notorious mod apologists using the "provide a quote!" troll line... How original!

H0D0R_ #52 Posted Nov 12 2018 - 15:09

Captain

• Players
  • 16836 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
Lesson learned here guys. Play the game vanilla or only use the mods that WG has up on their portal.

NutrientibusMeaGallus #53 Posted Nov 12 2018 - 15:13

Major

• Players
  • 22635 battles
  • [FILOX] FILOX

View PostLexers615, on Nov 12 2018 - 01:58, said:

Yeah... Two notorious mod apologists using the "provide a quote!" troll line... How original!

Mod apologists...... That's original... If you can't accept that "wallet warriors" (gee that one is so original as well) allow the game to keep going, or that certain mods are allowed and don't provide unfair advantage, you're never going to get it.... Spending money on a game isn't cheating, neither are ALLOWED mods. Playing the game as it's intended simply isn't cheating. Both those players can back up what they're saying by providing you with the game rules. They can probably also provide you with a copy of wg's business model.. All it takes is some reading, when you're providing your uninformed opinion.

Lexers615 #54 Posted Nov 13 2018 - 04:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15712 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB

View PostNutrientibusMeaGallus, on Nov 12 2018 - 09:13, said:

Mod apologists...... That's original... If you can't accept that "wallet warriors" (gee that one is so original as well) allow the game to keep going, or that certain mods are allowed and don't provide unfair advantage, you're never going to get it.... Spending money on a game isn't cheating, neither are ALLOWED mods. Playing the game as it's intended simply isn't cheating. Both those players can back up what they're saying by providing you with the game rules. They can probably also provide you with a copy of wg's business model.. All it takes is some reading, when you're providing your uninformed opinion.

First of all, you are right, wallet warriors help make a game profitable for the gaming studio behind it. I don't care about it. My point was rather that as long as you're a wallet warrior, WG will keep eyes wide shut on your usage of aimbot and such. As for allowed mods, that's mostly a smoke and mirror scheme. No one cares about clocks in garage or humoristic skins or such. Very little people actually use those. However, people using aimbot and such all scream against banning mods, as they say it would deprive them of a so-called right to use wildlife skins on tanks, which there's no way they are actually use it (try killing a Maus with a jackrabbit skin... you'll have no clue where to point and you'll just bounce nonstop).

However, from your sophisms filled post, you're clearly trying to mislead any potential reader into believing that aimbot and such are not a rampant issue, and that the player base shrinking by 75% in 5 years (resulting in the multiple server mergers) is totally alien to this fact.

VooDooKobra #55 Posted Nov 13 2018 - 06:48

Major

• Players
  • 9239 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostLexers615, on Nov 12 2018 - 20:47, said:

First of all, you are right, wallet warriors help make a game profitable for the gaming studio behind it. I don't care about it. My point was rather that as long as you're a wallet warrior, WG will keep eyes wide shut on your usage of aimbot and such. As for allowed mods, that's mostly a smoke and mirror scheme. No one cares about clocks in garage or humoristic skins or such. Very little people actually use those. However, people using aimbot and such all scream against banning mods, as they say it would deprive them of a so-called right to use wildlife skins on tanks, which there's no way they are actually use it (try killing a Maus with a jackrabbit skin... you'll have no clue where to point and you'll just bounce nonstop).

However, from your sophisms filled post, you're clearly trying to mislead any potential reader into believing that aimbot and such are not a rampant issue, and that the player base shrinking by 75% in 5 years (resulting in the multiple server mergers) is totally alien to this fact.

interesting bit of fiction you got there, you dont really have a point since you cant really back up anything you say with facts.  all that is your own opinion and thats it.  the only true thing you said was the population of the game has decreased but even that can be attributed to many reasons.  the only person trying to mislead anyone is you

Saint_Metagross #56 Posted Nov 13 2018 - 07:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26176 battles
  • [0CLAN] 0CLAN

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Nov 06 2018 - 18:31, said:

darth_75, its my understanding that WG can scan your python logs to determine which mods you are running.

If you never delete your python logs then mods you once ran (but no longer use) will also be referenced in your python logs.

I use Aslain's mod pack. I get it from the WoT Mod Portal found here https://wgmods.net/

One of the features of Aslain's is the ability to delete your python logs whenever you update your mods. This ensures that there are no references to mods that you may have previously used, only the mods you currently are using.

WG is never going to provide a complete list of the name of every illegal mod.

Some that are now illegal weren't always.

If your python logs are never cleansed then there could likely be references to a mod that you no longer use, but that you once did.

That mod may have been OK then but not now.

The take away is that you should ensure your python logs are up to date and refer only to mods you are using and use only mods obtained through the WoT Official mod portal. https://wgmods.net/

To EchoFiveActual's point, if someone else gets access to your account, and runs it from a PC other than yours, and installs illegal mods on that PC and is then scanned, then your account will get shut down as proscribed by FairPlay.

WG's sweeps wouldn't check which computer the log was generated on, it just checks the python log of the PC that is online playing that account while the sweep is being conducted.

If there's a banned mod referenced then they would take action.

Its entirely your responsibility to ensure the security of your log in info.

The take away for this is the following.

Don't use auto login with your password "remembered" unless you know no one else has access to that PC (even then, be certain and just type the password in every time).

Don't let others use your account, ever.

Change your passwords often and make them secure.

As to an appeal, I don't believe WG will even advise you of what mod they believe you were using.

Therefore I doubt you really have a starting point for the appeal.

What could you say?

"WG why did you ban me?"

Their response will likely be "We have reason to believe you have been employing mods that contravene the FairPlay Policy"

At which point you have no recourse. I mean you could say "No I wasn't" but I'm pretty sure that'd be a non-starter.

If I were in your place (and you had as much $ in your account as I have in mine) and I wanted to continue to play WoT I would strongly consider going total vanilla from here on.

You basically get one strike, 2 and you're out.

If you must run mods then best get them where I said and make certain you maintain your account security, and either way make sure you clean up your python logs. Aslain's would do that even if you selected no mods to install.

Might not even be a mod issue. Someone getting access to your account could easily just go on a TK/Team damage spree and get you the same result.

Either way its you that suffers and it'd be very hard to appeal.

No harm in trying an appeal. Good luck.

Don't advertise the results unless they're successful.

Pretty sure the forum mods would find that poor form. :honoring:

Completely agree on every point.  Only mods I ever used where cosmetic, such as anime tank skins, changing the crew voice (the mod I used for that no longer works and I doubt it ever got updated), and changing the garage to something cool.  Ever sense the HD updates, I have used exactly ZERO tank skins and ZERO garage changes.  To this date, I have run exactly zero mods from my computer.  I change my password often to ensure that hackers have the least chance of hacking my account.  Just better to go vanilla, as in, no mods.

View PostBavor, on Nov 07 2018 - 05:47, said:

Why?  XVM has many features that players find useful which Wargaming hasn't added to the game client yet.  Moving the best crew to a vehicle is one I find useful.  Additional garage filters above those in the stock client are useful.  Many of the improvements to the game client came from XVM.  For example, The view range and draw range circles and additional garage filters came from XVM.  

If Wargaming added all the extra features from XVM that the players want in the game client then maybe banning XVM would be helpful.

The part they want banned, most likely, is the part that gives win percentages and such.  To often do I find players just quit and suicide or go total afk during a battle because XVM gave our team less than 50% to win.  In my opinion, we should NOT be able to see who is a tomato or not while in battle.  If people did not see that, most people would play at 100% or more most of the time,instead of when they see a bad number playing at less than 100%.  That is the one and only bad feature of XVM in my opinion and think that should go.  It provides an unfair advantage by making the players that have that active not play well when their team has a bad win percent.

View PostKRZYBooP, on Nov 07 2018 - 08:41, said:

Yes you can appeal these bans by submitting a ticket to our support team. They will investigate and ensure sanctions were applied properly or removed. 

Spamming the Map ping function is an offense that you can report a player for. Submit a ticket with a replay of it happening to our support and they will apply any sanctions necessary. 

Why is spamming the map not treated the same way as spamming the auto messages ("Negative!", "Defend the Base!", etc)?  Those messages have a Cool Down between use.  Why can't map clicking be treated the same way?  Sure, it just means they have to wait to spam the map, but, it helped kill message spams somewhat.

View Postcloudwalkr, on Nov 07 2018 - 11:35, said:

The crew move function, the map spam blocker...along with several others have all been suggested MANY times over the years by NUMEROUS people....and we still don't have them.  

Also, the idea that support would help over turn a false ban for illegal mods doesn't sit well with me.  Support is constantly responding with copy past responses.  They constantly respond to one issue about something completely different and off topic.  It usually takes a few days (in my experience) to even get a hold of customer support...in which it usually takes a few replys to get them on the correct topic...which then usually takes a few days for them to actually do anything...so those that caught a false 7 day ban....good luck.  Honestly.

I'm coming off a little jaded here...and well, I kind of am.  I've seen these suggestions put forward MANY times...so to see a mod act like this is first time ever and "passing on the suggestions"...I'll believe it when I see it.  I do apologize for my attitued, KRYZboop,  I know you really don't have anything to do with it.  It's just incredibly frustrating.

Also, side note:  Empires Boarder is a horrible map.  

Edit:  I agree with bulb above me.

At the VERY least, if he is indeed able to prove that he indeed did not use any illegal mods, they could remove the first strike and make it as if he has no strikes.  But, yeah, I do not find support to be all that great in this game compared to others.

View PostMercer_Keel, on Nov 07 2018 - 19:26, said:

Beyond the person being stupid and doing a live stream or posting a youtube recording of their account how do you expect to even find out. can't go off people reporting at all. 1-2 times a day I get a msg about me cheating and I have zero mods on the game. 

And the fact that a person is only limited to 10 reports per day doesn't help...  To many times do I feel like I needed at least 20.

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Nov 08 2018 - 10:04, said:

Cross-team chat is NEVER coming back.  There was constant reporting of friendly positions, to the point there was far too many tickets for WG to deal with.  Blame your fellow players, they brought it upon themselves.

Not only that, but, the toxicity was even worse with the flame wars being nearly non-stop back than.  Now, it is only a few matches I see flame wars in.  Just the other day, I stopped one with someone that wanted to start one with me, was playing my Leo PT A, moved out from behind cover to fire at someone, moved to retreat...just to find out I couldn't go backwards, I was being blocked.  During the ten or so seconds it took for me to turn due to the other guy not wanting to move out of the way, I got shot by a hidden tank and hit be enemy arty, almost dying.  That wouldn't have happened if the guy did not block me.  A minute latter, he died and I was still alive, he than yelled at me in chat for causing him to be hit twice.  My reply was basically for him to shut up, I have a reply showing very much so that he blocked me and caused me to get hit twice by the enemy and thus he has no right to complain about me causing him to get hit at all (I was no where near him after he blocked me, so, if he got hit while blocking me, that is on him).  He did not respond and I doubt that he had blocked me.  If he did, oh well.  I reported him for his actions.

View PostLesser_Spotted_Panzer, on Nov 08 2018 - 10:47, said:

The only times I ever saw this was when there was an AFK/bot/totally useless player left of the enemy team, and somebody on that team wanted the game to end quickly. I'm not saying that it was justified, but I never saw it do anything detrimental to the game.

I really used to enjoy the cross team chat. It was often entertaining. Sure there was some toxicity, but it was never as bad as the chat between teammates. It was always fun to tell the remaining enemy arties to "bend over and lube up, because I am coming to get you".

If they changed the system so that if a player is dead, their messages cannot be seen by living players, than sure, I can see that coming back.

Also, I hate double posting, but, I also hate editing, to many times have I edited posts just to have things become devoured and vanish for no real reasons.

Final edit: Managed to compress my replies...

Edited by Saint_Metagross, Nov 13 2018 - 07:53.

Saint_Metagross #57 Posted Nov 13 2018 - 07:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26176 battles
  • [0CLAN] 0CLAN
Delete please.

Edited by Saint_Metagross, Nov 13 2018 - 07:53.

Saint_Metagross #58 Posted Nov 13 2018 - 07:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26176 battles
  • [0CLAN] 0CLAN
Delete please

Edited by Saint_Metagross, Nov 13 2018 - 07:52.

Saint_Metagross #59 Posted Nov 13 2018 - 07:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26176 battles
  • [0CLAN] 0CLAN
Delete this one also please

Edited by Saint_Metagross, Nov 13 2018 - 07:51.

Saint_Metagross #60 Posted Nov 13 2018 - 07:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26176 battles
  • [0CLAN] 0CLAN
Delete please

Edited by Saint_Metagross, Nov 13 2018 - 07:51.

Also tagged with Bans, Fair Play, Mods, KRZY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users