Hypothetically? Why would you or why will you leave WoT?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

gmotoman #1 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 06:38

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20991 battles

The money factor.  From what i can read on the forums and have experienced myself this game really is turning into a cash grab.  Now the only money I give wot is occasionally if I need a boost I'll buy a crap tier 2 tank and get 30 days premium.   I am having a hard time articulating it but basically most of this game isn't worth what they want for it.

Also I might eventually leave because of stat shaming, and all the crap that goes with it.

Blucraft #2 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 06:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8722 battles

I'm not the best player and for me it's still very easy to play without spending any cash.  I'll leave when I stop enjoying it.

-Blu

death_stryker #3 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 06:56

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4575 battles
  • [LUCID] LUCID
The cash grab phenomenon is definitely happening. Stat shaming, though? I'm sure there are ways of avoiding that; turning off chat, not reading PMs (can PMs be turned off?), etc.

That1Villain #4 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 07:05

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 22368 battles
The thing that will get me to leave is either pure boredom with the game or not being able to stand the playerbase anymore. Still have a lot to do in the game and I can still tolerate the playerbase for now

Avalon304 #5 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 07:10

Major

• Players
  • 19940 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
Ill leave when I stop enjoying it. I'll stop paying probably around the same time. Until then theres tanks to blow up.

dunniteowl #6 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 07:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 22659 battles

View Postgmotoman, on Nov 06 2018 - 23:38, said:

The money factor.  From what i can read on the forums and have experienced myself this game really is turning into a cash grab.  Now the only money I give wot is occasionally if I need a boost I'll buy a crap tier 2 tank and get 30 days premium.   I am having a hard time articulating it but basically most of this game isn't worth what they want for it.

Also I might eventually leave because of stat shaming, and all the crap that goes with it.

No money spent on my part yet.  When they Hypothetically shut off the servers is when I will leave the game at this point.  I have VERY few complaints about the game itself.  Training Rooms that cannot be entered solo.  Training program in the game (or it's Crazy, INSANE LACK thereof).  That's pretty much it.  Even the dumbing down of the interface for the "Uninclined to Read Crowd," while bothersome, isn't really about the game, so...

Yeah.   When they shut the game down is when I'm leaving.

OvO

KaiserWilhelmShatner #7 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 07:26

Major

• Players
  • 15950 battles
  • [F_O_G] F_O_G
I left Star Trek: Online since it has turned into STD fest.  WoWS and WoT it is for me now.

Gravtech #8 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 07:44

Major

• Players
  • 31386 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ

The only reason I'd probably leave would be A) If something else got my interest that I could spend mindless hours doing. Or B) I just don't have the time to play wot

Noivy #9 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 08:01

Captain

• Players
  • 32135 battles

WoT filled a niche before most other attempts at said niche were even realized and has held on to that longer than others.

That said, I do find myself taking prolonged breaks from it because it does get repetitive and boring to me.

xjin #10 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 08:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 40772 battles
  • [MAWG] MAWG

View Postgmotoman, on Nov 07 2018 - 05:38, said:

It is a free game, you don't need to buy any of their overpriced offerings if you don't want to.  I have spent plenty of money on this game but rarely spend it anymore besides for premium time, which is really all you need that is beneficial.  If less than $8.50 a month is too much to spend for a free base game that you play more than a couple times a week I don't know what to tell you, maybe drink one less 6 pack a week, a few less cigarettes, one less trip to McDonald's or a few less sodas.  The benefit that premium time gives is worth the time I spend playing...Or you can go out and spend $50-60 on every new game and only play it for a month, which is much more of a waste IMHO.

As for stat shaming, I do it, others do it to me, who cares, it either makes you want to get better or is highly entertaining.  And if you don't want to be involved in it, turn off chat in game and don't post on the forums for people to shame you.

For all of its flaws and the jerks that play (which I am one), it is still the only PC game these days that I consistently play or go back to playing...

Tah Tah and good luck

Augustus_Sohn #11 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 09:12

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2726 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Only when I stop enjoying it. That may never happen, as all the stuff everybody rightly or wrongly throws a fit about doesn’t really get to me. Lately I get to play so little that just jumping in and playing certain tanks I really like gives me great enjoyment, no matter the outcome. 

To each their own. 

Mazati #12 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 09:46

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5280 battles

View Postgmotoman, on Nov 07 2018 - 05:38, said:

I spent a very small amount when i first started (just some gold no tanks or anything) but none since, there doesn't seem to be any need imo - so I dont see nay cash grab since I dont need to spend to play maybe just stop spending money?

At any rate im happy with the game as it is, granted i don't play all that much a game or 2 a day with my coffee keeps me interested 

Edited by Mazati, Nov 07 2018 - 09:50.

JakeTheMystic #13 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 11:15

Captain

• Players
  • 21440 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS

I haven't put any money into the game since the second time they ever sold the Mutant (first time they brought it back). Not a penny since, nothing has really interested me. 

I don't know if anything will push me away for good, I've got too many memories of the game to put behind me. I will go on the occasional hiatus for a few months, but I keep coming back for a fresh start. I keep finding myself climb to hit a skill cap just to creep my way downwards, that is usually when I make the decision to take a break for a while. 

Things I don't like however are the more recent maps/map changes. Big open slug-fests that force players to go into corridors to fight in trade-offs. Sure its good for some tanks, but terrible for others. I've had to stop playing TDs because they are really only viable on a small minority of maps while they are forced to camp on others. Lights are beyond their usefulness and have been replaced by mediums that are much better equipped for the role of active scouting. Who cares how bad some of the old maps may have been if there are such a small number of maps we can actually play on now. It would be better to have a large selection of maps with many bad maps than a few number of maps with the majority of them being bad. 

One idea brought up many times was the idea of community made maps, where players could vote on maps that they like the most. It's realistically the best way to get the public's opinion directly involved with the game so the players can play on maps they actually want. 

Tanks currently in the game I think are fine, nothing too OP that it is game-breaking (regardless how many people still cry that the Defender is OP). But there are quite a few tanks out there  that are disgustingly under-powered to the point of being useless. Yes, looking at you T32.

Tournaments was a good idea in theory to bring back, but they have heavily nerfed the rewards to the point that it's not even worth playing. Not to mention its basically unplayable with how many bugs they have going on. Oh man, the soccer tournament was a complete disaster. 

Community members continue to disappear, clans continue to go inactive, the number of active competitive clans are on the decline. It used to mean something to be in a top 100 clan, now it really doesn't mean anything unless you are in the top 10. You see inactive clans with high PR players taking spots in the top 100 just because thats the way the cookie crumbles. Sure, the game won't officially die on the NA server for years to come. But in comparison to what it used to be, it's already dead in my eyes. 

_Red_Saaryn_ #14 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 12:47

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 15906 battles
  • [-IKR-] -IKR-
I dont spend cash in this game anymore, neither play it as often. After finding games like war***me where developers arent greedy and they dont make shameless cashgrabs and paytowin things like here and the OP premiums

MacDaddyMatty #15 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 13:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 27607 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

We interrupt this important "game is dying / sucks" thread with this announcement!

D-DAY / HHOUR are still recruiting for this "dead / sucky" game.

This is a limited time offer (apparently) as "the game is dying / sucky".

Time is running out.

Get your D-DAY / HHOUR tags while you still can!!!

Now back to the salty rant already in progress....

Spoiler

SteelRonin #16 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 13:16

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 23037 battles
  • [SAKAI] SAKAI
I will leave when they shutdown the server for a reason...

_Tsavo_ #17 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 13:24

Major

• Players
  • 42337 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

As long as I'm mostly enjoying the game, I'll be here. 

Make me leave?  Some flavors of skill based matchmaking.  If the game went PvE.  Queue times for games getting rather long.  Those would probably do it. 

GeorgePreddy #18 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 13:47

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View Postdunniteowl, on Nov 07 2018 - 03:20, said:

No money spent on my part yet.  When they Hypothetically shut off the servers is when I will leave the game at this point.  I have VERY few complaints about the game itself.  Training Rooms that cannot be entered solo.  Training program in the game (or it's Crazy, INSANE LACK thereof).  That's pretty much it.  Even the dumbing down of the interface for the "Uninclined to Read Crowd," while bothersome, isn't really about the game, so...

Yeah.   When they shut the game down is when I'm leaving.

OvO

I'm with dunnite on this one... actually, I agree almost 100% with all of dunnite's logical, sensible and well though out posts.

I'll be leaving when they turn the lights out.

brianc53 #19 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 14:03

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17845 battles

Like George and dunnite said, I will probably play until they shut down the game.

BUT, I have noticed lately that my performance has plateaued - I don't feel like I'm getting any better at the game.  If that feeling continues, and if something else catches my attention (maybe something with spaceships or dragons), I might quit.

- Brian

Edited by brianc53, Nov 07 2018 - 14:06.

__WarChild__ #20 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 14:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 21991 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

View Postgmotoman, on Nov 06 2018 - 23:38, said:

Wargaming has always been in the business of making money.  They might be a bit over the top at times, but in reality, I want them to make money so they are motivated to keep WoT fresh.  In fact, based upon Cabbage's last post, I think we have some very interesting changes coming our way in 2019.  We'll just have to see.  (I believe that we will not be able to make as much $ in Front Lines though.  Just like how they reduced the bonds, the credits will be next most likely)

With all of this being said, I am still SHOCKED at how Wargaming RU changed their approach to Blitz so suddenly and so unfairly.  The blatant cash grab and larceny that took place starting with update 3.8 basically ruined the game for most players.  Although WG eventually recognized their mistakes, their corrective measures were too late to do much good and still weren't enough to right the ship.  Now, I hear that update 5.5 is going to be the final torpedo in the Blitz project. (have you noticed all the Blitz players coming into WoT and the forums lately?).  

If the fine people responsible for WoT allow ANY of the Blitz employees into the game, you might see a change in attitude from folks that say "when they turn the servers off."  I sincerely hope that it never gets to that point, but with Daily Insurance, High Fives and other "pay to do well" offerings, I am concerned that the future may not be as bright as we'd like.

__WarChild__

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users