Hypothetically? Why would you or why will you leave WoT?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

omi5cron #41 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 22:22

Major

• Players
  • 21177 battles
  • [2323] 2323
when the servers shut down worldwide.not til then.

Zombie_Snuggles #42 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 03:25

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 23058 battles
When they shut down all the servers. Until then I will play even if I take long breaks for other games.

landedkiller #43 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 04:06

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8143 battles

View Postgmotoman, on Nov 06 2018 - 23:38, said:

The money factor.  From what i can read on the forums and have experienced myself this game really is turning into a cash grab.  Now the only money I give wot is occasionally if I need a boost I'll buy a crap tier 2 tank and get 30 days premium.   I am having a hard time articulating it but basically most of this game isn't worth what they want for it.

Also I might eventually leave because of stat shaming, and all the crap that goes with it.

Wargaming just introduced it's first tier 9 premium that is purchasable in world of warships called the Jean Bart. It won't be too long in my eyes, until they try that here in world of tanks. They knew that there would be less resistanc eover in world of warships than here I think. If enough premium tanks or ships detsroy the balance at the higher tiers than I am gone. I am already not buying anything else until Jean Bart is gone from the World of Warships shop. It is surprising that noone seems to care that much, at this rate tier 10 premiums will be sold for cash within a year or two.

omar343 #44 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 05:40

Private

• -Players-
  • 5683 battles
  • [UNLA] UNLA
definitivamente dejare de jugar sino arreglan el mathmaking y el abuso de las balas de oro : izmena

awildseaking #45 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 11:23

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10913 battles
  • [NEET] NEET

I've never put much time into this game at any point and here are the two simple reasons why:

1. Everyone else can spam gold. I still can't afford 10+ tanks and it will take me thousands of games grinding to buy them all, even with On Track discounts. I have yearly premium from WoWS and I'm not a terrible player. I can't even afford to use large kits or food.
  2. There are only a few tanks in my garage where I have a 2 skill crew and exactly 1 tank (Foch) where I have 3. That's after 10k games and constant grinding. I grind more than I actually play the game. I still have lots of crews without 6th sense and tons of tech trees I never started that will force me to use new crews again. Not having 6th sense, full conceal, Recon/SA stacked, BiA, various soft stat dispersion buffs, repairs, etc. puts me at a significant disadvantage.

You can have the greatest game in the world and it won't matter if new players are at a substantial and built-in disadvantage that requires thousands of hours of gameplay to correct. Just for game economy and crew skills alone, WoT is complete trash and I don't recommend it to anyone. The community is absolute trash too because so many people try to rationalize these systems. "I suffered through this bs, so you should too!" You're like battered wives. It's hard to believe that WG hasn't touched crew skills even once over an 8 year period whereas WG fixed their similarly broken captain skill system in WoWS within the first year.

View Postlandedkiller, on Nov 07 2018 - 22:06, said:

Wargaming just introduced it's first tier 9 premium that is purchasable in world of warships called the Jean Bart. It won't be too long in my eyes, until they try that here in world of tanks. They knew that there would be less resistanc eover in world of warships than here I think. If enough premium tanks or ships detsroy the balance at the higher tiers than I am gone. I am already not buying anything else until Jean Bart is gone from the World of Warships shop. It is surprising that noone seems to care that much, at this rate tier 10 premiums will be sold for cash within a year or two.

​Your narrative on the situation is highly misleading. Not only is JB balanced, but T9 premiums in WoWS are normally sold for FXP. The overwhelming majority of people cannot actually save up that much FXP in a reasonable period of time, so most people spent money converting FXP. In short, "buying" T9 premiums is nothing new in WoWS and it hasn't broken the game at any point because unlike WoT, tiers don't matter as much and the game is substantially more balanced and fair.

Edited by awildseaking, Nov 08 2018 - 11:37.

Crimson_Saber #46 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 12:07

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14756 battles

View Postgmotoman, on Nov 06 2018 - 23:38, said:

The money factor.  From what i can read on the forums and have experienced myself this game really is turning into a cash grab.  Now the only money I give wot is occasionally if I need a boost I'll buy a crap tier 2 tank and get 30 days premium.   I am having a hard time articulating it but basically most of this game isn't worth what they want for it.

Also I might eventually leave because of stat shaming, and all the crap that goes with it.

Had a bad day in WOT champ?

Edited by Crimson_Saber, Nov 08 2018 - 12:07.

Copacetic #47 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 20:30

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 39186 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS
Boredom

gmotoman #48 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 20:55

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20994 battles

View PostCrimson_Saber, on Nov 08 2018 - 12:07, said:

Had a bad day in WOT champ?

Actually not at all.  I was in a game and some dude was talking about why he was quitting so I asked a question.  Not everything is a whine some of us like to ask questions and learn stuff.  I would like to thank you though for taking the time to make a trollish [edited]of yourself so I know to look at your posts with a grain of salt.  Remember I said Hypothetically.  I gave my hypothetical reasons.  I am not gong anywhere at the moment.   

So again thank you for coming onto a thread making a dumb-[edited]ill-informed comment and didn't even bother to answer the question.

a hypothetical proposition or statement.
for example. 
"Finn talked in hypotheticals, tossing what-if scenarios"

Edited by gmotoman, Nov 08 2018 - 20:59.

Crimson_Saber #49 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 23:09

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14756 battles

View Postgmotoman, on Nov 08 2018 - 13:55, said:

Actually not at all.  I was in a game and some dude was talking about why he was quitting so I asked a question.  Not everything is a whine some of us like to ask questions and learn stuff.  I would like to thank you though for taking the time to make a trollish [edited]of yourself so I know to look at your posts with a grain of salt.  Remember I said Hypothetically.  I gave my hypothetical reasons.  I am not gong anywhere at the moment.   

So again thank you for coming onto a thread making a dumb-[edited]ill-informed comment and didn't even bother to answer the question.

a hypothetical proposition or statement.
for example. 
"Finn talked in hypotheticals, tossing what-if scenarios"

Having read some of your posts history before commenting in this one. Yes that is indeed the conclusion I came too since you seemed rather upset at the game. Having posted as such in other threads. My comment though it seemed snarky was my way of keeping you grounded .

Many posts that people make on here whiny or not show that said player is upset at the game for whatever  reason.  So yes I had to wonder if you were having a bad day in WOT.  Try not to be so overly sensitive. 

_Steel_Casket_ #50 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 23:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 81390 battles
  • [T_U_C] T_U_C
I'm getting tired of seeing the huge money grab going on with all the "Sales" being forced down our throats like a used car salesman selling cars. Now that Armored Warfare has combine its servers to a Global sever the population there has increased and am now able to play my tier 10's in PVP. Am spending more time there than I am at wot anymore. This game is getting stale, and issues with the game such as the MM are not being resolved as wg could care less. For them this game is a money maker and that's all they truly believe, as it is shown in the way they treat us here on the NA server.

Nunya_000 #51 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 00:05

Major

• Players
  • 21063 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Post_Steel_Casket_, on Nov 08 2018 - 14:29, said:

I'm getting tired of seeing the huge money grab going on with all the "Sales" being forced down our throats like a used car salesman selling cars. 

Nobody is forcing anything down your throat.  They can wave a sandwich under your nose, but it is your decision on whether to take a bite.

stubmw #52 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 00:12

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 23857 battles
Already said multiple times, but sheer boredom already kinda getting there.

scHnuuudle_bop #53 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 00:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 18188 battles
  • [MUG-T] MUG-T

When I no longer find it challenging or exciting.

They no longer have servers up.

or they get rid of any class of vehicles, just to appease a vocal minority.

Riphawk67 #54 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 00:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 44087 battles
The game has lost a lot of the "fun" factor it used to have. Most people know in the 1st minute whether the game is going to be a win or loss. Miss 3 fully aimed shots, or plant 1 into the dirt 50 feet in front of your tank? Check. All tanks go 1 way and stop? Check and check, loss. Snapshot a Type 5 weak spot on the move from 400 yards? Check. Watch a shot corkscrew to a perfect hit? Unicum top tier toon? Check and check, win. 5% or so of matches actually end up being close and fun. Honestly more aggravation that fun for awhile now. 

EmperorJuliusCaesar #55 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 06:55

Major

• Players
  • 30451 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postgmotoman, on Nov 07 2018 - 12:38, said:

Why would it annoy you/matter to you if they sell things you don't want?  That's how the game and people are paid and allows others to play for free....

This game will probably be running for a LONG time.  Will NA always be running?  Who knows, if not I hope they let us choose which server we can transfer to, if not, and they transfer me to Europe instead of Asia where I live, that's when I'll be done.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #56 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 09:49

Major

• Players
  • 30451 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Post_Steel_Casket_, on Nov 09 2018 - 05:29, said:

I'm getting tired of seeing the huge money grab going on with all the "Sales" being forced down our throats like a used car salesman selling cars. Now that Armored Warfare has combine its servers to a Global sever the population there has increased and am now able to play my tier 10's in PVP. Am spending more time there than I am at wot anymore. This game is getting stale, and issues with the game such as the MM are not being resolved as wg could care less. For them this game is a money maker and that's all they truly believe, as it is shown in the way they treat us here on the NA server.

What's wrong with having different packages sold with the tanks?  You don't have to buy the most expensive option, but many of us like the crew boost gained with the x5 missions etc. 

Nothing is being forced down your throat, they are a company, and like any company MUST make money to stay in business.  They put up sales, they don't force you to read them or buy them.  It's like getting mad because you read a road sign.....

WG has already stated they are working on a new MM system.  They said it would be 6 months, that was I think 2 months ago.

I_QQ_4_U #57 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 10:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 18341 battles
Unless they change it from F2P and I don't think it's worth it the same reason I always stop playing a gamer, I get bored of it. I couldn't care less what anyone thinks of my stats.

Zuikakoo #58 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 14:39

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18152 battles
I leave World of Tanks all the time, as with any 8 year old game(only been playing for 2) I need the right mix of nostalgia and curiosity, like 1.0 did this time.    My guess is my last game will be sometime shortly after they force us onto the EU server, maybe before as the queue times get out of hand. 

SOB_Tenato #59 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 14:52

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21481 battles
Personally stat shame and acid toxic unicums wannabe can be ignored with "disable chat with allies" and "Only accept messages from your contact list" So no gitgudscrubuninstall from oranges having a bad day during my games, nor love letters after game because I did not played my tank as some dude would like me to. That being said, with the actual meta WoT bores me faster than a couple months back, so I switch back and forth from WarThunder (airplanes sim not GF) to WoT. Why WoT has me bored? Same 3-4 maps game after game + Abuse of autoloaders + prem ammo + Arty invasion at 3x game. I keep coming back though after a break.   

Goat_Rodeo #60 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 15:18

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12092 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

View Post__WarChild__, on Nov 07 2018 - 13:29, said:

Wargaming has always been in the business of making money.  They might be a bit over the top at times, but in reality, I want them to make money so they are motivated to keep WoT fresh.  In fact, based upon Cabbage's last post, I think we have some very interesting changes coming our way in 2019.  We'll just have to see.  (I believe that we will not be able to make as much $ in Front Lines though.  Just like how they reduced the bonds, the credits will be next most likely)

With all of this being said, I am still SHOCKED at how Wargaming RU changed their approach to Blitz so suddenly and so unfairly.  The blatant cash grab and larceny that took place starting with update 3.8 basically ruined the game for most players.  Although WG eventually recognized their mistakes, their corrective measures were too late to do much good and still weren't enough to right the ship.  Now, I hear that update 5.5 is going to be the final torpedo in the Blitz project. (have you noticed all the Blitz players coming into WoT and the forums lately?).  

If the fine people responsible for WoT allow ANY of the Blitz employees into the game, you might see a change in attitude from folks that say "when they turn the servers off."  I sincerely hope that it never gets to that point, but with Daily Insurance, High Fives and other "pay to do well" offerings, I am concerned that the future may not be as bright as we'd like.

__WarChild__

**logs onto Blitz, checks out M-60 in garage collecting dust, left eye begins to twitch**

Probably leave if the player Base diminished to the point where que times are silly long. As it is I only play for free because of some of the newer released tanks that were blatantly OP or near so, game insurances, RNG and and a lack of transparency of any server migration to EU ones if needed. I can’t pour money into a game that may soon be terminal. I still enjoy PC WOT for what it’s worth and don’t hold its real world worth in any high esteem.  

Edited by Goat_Rodeo, Nov 09 2018 - 15:25.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users