Another Day in Artydom

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

HottieHotPants #21 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 23:56

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9397 battles

On the new Great Wall map. Green 97% health heavy gets caught alone by a Red 2% health light. I'm watching in my FV207, super clear shot. 

Red light perma-tracks Green heavy then proceeds to have party intercourse with Green heavy.

A simple wide, offset splash would have destroyed Red light. But I had to wait until Green heavy was dead. I will not take penalty or grieving for team damage. 

You may not like it, but you will learn to love it 

Burning_Haggis #22 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 00:42

Captain

• Players
  • 43566 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
Easy for WG to fix.  Any arty FF damage without marking the target 4 seconds before firing needs to be counted as triple.    Start making some blue clowns, and it will quit

Hurk #23 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 02:56

Major

• Players
  • 52075 battles
  • [KGR] KGR

View PostBurning_Haggis, on Nov 07 2018 - 16:42, said:

Easy for WG to fix.  Any arty FF damage without marking the target 4 seconds before firing needs to be counted as triple.    Start making some blue clowns, and it will quit

im ok with that, so long as it also counts 6x against anyone that drives into range of arty after they fire. 

EmperorJuliusCaesar #24 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 09:20

Major

• Players
  • 30451 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostRocketmandb, on Nov 07 2018 - 23:14, said:

I guess I should have gotten arty safe...

Good arty, he is focusing on keeping the super heavy debuffed.  That's a good arty player working for the team.

EDIT:  Didn't realize it was friendly arty.  Meh, just a game, move on to next battle and hope they're not there.

Edited by EmperorJuliusCaesar, Nov 09 2018 - 09:29.

scHnuuudle_bop #25 Posted Nov 12 2018 - 05:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 18148 battles
  • [MUG-T] MUG-T

View PostRocketmandb, on Nov 07 2018 - 20:42, said:

To be clear, the first shot was from a 53/55 and the second from a Bat 58, so it wasn't the same player hitting me twice. It was two different players on my team each hitting me. Arty firing into a brawl has become more common lately. I'd say that 25% of the time I'm in a brawl when arty is on my team, I'm getting team damaged. 

- If I'm going to die anyway? Fine. Shoot and try to save me.

- If you shoot wide in an attempt to stun the enemy and miss me? Fine. If I happen to get stunned at the same time, then whatever.

- If you shoot, and damage me, but apologize? I'm not happy about it, but at least you know you screwed up. 

More and more lately, arty just indiscriminately fires when it shouldn't. What prompted the original post is that it happened twice in the same battle, within about 30 seconds of each other, AND... I DIDN'T NEED THE HELP. AND THEY HAD NO CLUE THEY WERE IN THE WRONG. The actions of these two morons essentially took a top tier super heavy out of the fight. Again, this happens more and more, and because arty doesn't get penalized the same as other tanks with respect to team damage, players tend not to care.

It is a team game, you do not want help,tough luck. A TD shoots, I suppose they are not appreciated either.

I  never shoot when someone hugging their enemy. When they are close I will always mark the target, sometimes during load and just before the shot.

Some teammate wanders in after that. 

They did NOT get shot, they drove under a shell already on the way. 100% their problem.

As for shooting when you are walking dead already, nope. I would rather be subjected to juvenile whines about that than exaggerations  of team damages.

What has happened though is pretty simple.

They ensured artillery became a support class. It is not a 1 vs 1 battle, and at times there may be up to 14 others "helping" whether you like it or not.

So, shots are meant to help out in these brawls. Tracking the enemy when he pops out, you may think it was a mean thing to do, helping. But I am willing to bet you are in a very  small minority.

Edited by scHnuuudle_bop, Nov 12 2018 - 05:44.

WhineMaker #26 Posted Nov 12 2018 - 05:59

Major

• Players
  • 34008 battles

View PostBurning_Haggis, on Nov 07 2018 - 15:42, said:

There's an ingame, automatic team damage system that's working as intended... :facepalm:

If the arty TKer's can game the system, why should it be any different for arty? 

scyorkie #27 Posted Nov 12 2018 - 07:28

Major

• Players
  • 73024 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View PostHottieHotPants, on Nov 08 2018 - 06:56, said:

On the new Great Wall map. Green 97% health heavy gets caught alone by a Red 2% health light. I'm watching in my FV207, super clear shot. 

Red light perma-tracks Green heavy then proceeds to have party intercourse with Green heavy.

A simple wide, offset splash would have destroyed Red light. But I had to wait until Green heavy was dead. I will not take penalty or grieving for team damage. 

You may not like it, but you will learn to love it 

That's just dumb.

Surihtanil #28 Posted Nov 12 2018 - 11:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 12918 battles
The best way, wait until arty zones in on a team mate... then do your thing while some other poor sap gets pounded to hell by arty spam.

Xhizzous #29 Posted Nov 12 2018 - 18:41

Private

• -Players-
  • 9437 battles
  • [RDTT2] RDTT2

View Post62bish, on Nov 07 2018 - 17:45, said:

I think you need to take it up with the arty player that hit you, not arty in general.

This happens much more often than arty apoligists will admit.  Artillary is a terrible mechanic in this game, it empowers a few players to ruin the games of many.  It causes stale games where you have to go hide in the same positions behind the same rocks and buildings every time so you get crapped on less.. 

When the enemy arty fails to hit you.. or sometimes does... so will your own.. frequently... It almost never punishes campers, only more lightly armored tanks and people who are actually trying to play the game.  Not a minigame sitting at the redline clicking on things....

Edited by Xhizzous, Nov 12 2018 - 18:42.

WhineMaker #30 Posted Nov 12 2018 - 20:09

Major

• Players
  • 34008 battles

View PostXhizzous, on Nov 12 2018 - 09:41, said:

This happens much more often than arty apoligists will admit.  Artillary is a terrible mechanic in this game, it empowers a few players to ruin the games of many.  It causes stale games where you have to go hide in the same positions behind the same rocks and buildings every time so you get crapped on less.. 

When the enemy arty fails to hit you.. or sometimes does... so will your own.. frequently... It almost never punishes campers, only more lightly armored tanks and people who are actually trying to play the game.  Not a minigame sitting at the redline clicking on things....

Can you say "WoT Blitz"?

Sure you can...

Then you can have all the arty free games you require...

_Steel_Casket_ #31 Posted Nov 12 2018 - 20:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 81327 battles
  • [T_U_C] T_U_C
Another whinny post.

scHnuuudle_bop #32 Posted Nov 12 2018 - 22:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 18148 battles
  • [MUG-T] MUG-T

View PostXhizzous, on Nov 12 2018 - 18:41, said:

He gets shot in a shooting game. Then complains getting shot ruins his shooting game.

I really do not believe these folks see how daft this argument is.

TpainT #33 Posted Nov 12 2018 - 22:14

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 32277 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

View PostWhineMaker, on Nov 12 2018 - 13:09, said:

Can you say "WoT Blitz"?

Sure you can...

Then you can have all the arty free games you require...

Or I could just "accidently" shoot you at the start of the game. I'm sure if everyone joined in we could have a lot more spg free games.

ProfessionalFinn #34 Posted Nov 12 2018 - 23:02

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21996 battles

The only thing about arty that I would change is not waiting till I had 20K battles before my first SPG battle.  Arty is so much fun to play.  Even more so, I now appreciate and understand how important the SPG dynamic is to making WoT a commercial success.   WG knows this too of course. 

I once hated arty, just months ago.  No more on account of my Pauline SPG conversion.  My WoT enjoyment-factor is much improved now.

Commit_HESHpacito #35 Posted Yesterday, 03:51 AM

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13090 battles
  • [LOONA] LOONA
Remove arty.

Hurk #36 Posted Yesterday, 04:01 AM

Major

• Players
  • 52075 battles
  • [KGR] KGR
remove arty whiners. its a shorter list of players and impacts the game less. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users