Jump to content


Burned Out...


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

dnaman #21 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 21:50

    Captain

  • Players
  • 30319 battles
  • 1,427
  • [DBLTG] DBLTG
  • Member since:
    06-09-2013
Your recents show you’re improving.  The wins will come more and more frequently as you personally start to contribute more and more to the team.  It is frustrating to be on the losing side a lot.  Even the unicums have losing streaks.  Just keep your focus on “what more can I do to win.”  If you can do that, you’ll eventually see more things you can do to get the wins you want.  You can also study a bunch on the internet as there are many guides out that help in understanding what more you can do and how.  Good luck.  

scharnhorst310 #22 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 23:20

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 24444 battles
  • 5,864
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

View PostBigDollarBillz, on Nov 07 2018 - 11:01, said:

 

OP like me you're a terrible player. Stop blaming other people and mm for you being a bad player. Hell I have had a stroke and seem to preform better than you. I don't know your history, but stop blaming everyone else.

 

Very well said. 

 

View PostephBomb, on Nov 07 2018 - 08:24, said:

Tired of the same MM, problem, I can't get anywhere. Tired of the one sided matches, I can't get away from these horrendous teams. You guys cater to the wrong players. You can't shake all the beatdowns, when their at every tier.

There are just to many Elite and Entitled players versus average players. Your losing us....

Now you want to sell us insurance for the prem time we buy? wth?

 

 

 

You should take a step back and look at what that guy wrote. You can't control everything in a battle, but you can control your mindset. Too many people press that big "battle" button just hoping they're going to get on a good team. What they should be doing is thinking about how they are going to be make each team better, how they're going to learn something about each and every battle they are in... win, lose, or draw. 

FearTheBadger #23 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 23:46

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 15074 battles
  • 93
  • [R_I_R] R_I_R
  • Member since:
    12-28-2015

Match making is broken right now.

 

Battles are random and some players will benefit from the luck of the draw and get teams that they can work with more often while others will get the bad end more often.  It happens.

 

MM is based on tier, tank type and tanks available in queue also there are really not enough players to make this work.  Just have to deal with it.

 

I get offered the insurance all time time when I'm on a losing streak my losing streak has been going on for close to 3 weeks now.  Suck man

btw George preddy have u played a game since July.



scharnhorst310 #24 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 00:51

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 24444 battles
  • 5,864
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

View PostFearTheBadger, on Nov 07 2018 - 14:46, said:

Match making is broken right now.

 

Battles are random and some players will benefit from the luck of the draw and get teams that they can work with more often while others will get the bad end more often.  It happens.

 

MM is based on tier, tank type and tanks available in queue also there are really not enough players to make this work.  Just have to deal with it.

 

I get offered the insurance all time time when I'm on a losing streak my losing streak has been going on for close to 3 weeks now.  Suck man

btw George preddy have u played a game since July.

 

Here is what I don't get.... you understand the matches and the players who get put on them are random. It is out of yours and my control. What you and I do in each battle is controllable... So why aren't you out there trying to control what you can? 

 

Like I know people complain of lopsided matches all the time; but they must not have watched tourneys or played in CW. You can have some extremely evenly matched teams and they are still blowouts. Part of it is just RNG. Part of it is just how this game works, mistakes can create a snowball effect where suddenly you got an avalanche of pain demolishing your side. I've seen it when xvm gave us a 90% chance to win, and I've done it when it said 10% chance to win. It is just the nature of the beast. 


Edited by scharnhorst310, Nov 08 2018 - 00:59.


FearTheBadger #25 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 01:57

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 15074 battles
  • 93
  • [R_I_R] R_I_R
  • Member since:
    12-28-2015

View Postscharnhorst310, on Nov 08 2018 - 00:51, said:

 

Here is what I don't get.... you understand the matches and the players who get put on them are random. It is out of yours and my control. What you and I do in each battle is controllable... So why aren't you out there trying to control what you can? 

 

Like I know people complain of lopsided matches all the time; but they must not have watched tourneys or played in CW. You can have some extremely evenly matched teams and they are still blowouts. Part of it is just RNG. Part of it is just how this game works, mistakes can create a snowball effect where suddenly you got an avalanche of pain demolishing your side. I've seen it when xvm gave us a 90% chance to win, and I've done it when it said 10% chance to win. It is just the nature of the beast. 

 

Don't get me wrong I do my best to make a difference however lot of times it doesn't work out that way.  It is a team game after all.  Always play your best what ever the results maybe.

 

You might be able to carry a team I cannot do it by myself and the same applies to other players as well.  Yes it is a common thing on this forum where player tell other player "get good"  but what the hell do you think we are trying to do.  Just saying


Edited by FearTheBadger, Nov 08 2018 - 04:51.


AZandEL #26 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 05:00

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 27673 battles
  • 502
  • Member since:
    09-06-2012

View Post4TheBox, on Nov 07 2018 - 16:58, said:

Old & wise meatball once said when he left "It is just a video game". I believe there are still some more room to enjoy on this game.

I am currently playing only tier 6s and not focusing on grind or WR. It refreshes my tanking a lot.

 

 

 

Agree except tier V is best across the board IMHO because a tier V has some chance against a tier 7. This game is at its absolute worst when you are grinding out tanks - god forbid its in a stinker line. Also right when school gets out its horrid, and any time there is some 3x, 5x stunt going on. Sometimes a good break is to go back and play or even rebuy some old tanks you haven't played in years.

scharnhorst310 #27 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 05:37

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 24444 battles
  • 5,864
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

View PostFearTheBadger, on Nov 07 2018 - 16:57, said:

 

Don't get me wrong I do my best to make a difference however lot of times it doesn't work out that way.  It is a team game after all.  Always play your best what ever the results maybe.

 

You might be able to carry a team I cannot do it by myself and the same applies to other players as well.  Yes it is a common thing on this forum where player tell other player "get good"  but what the hell do you think we are trying to do.  Just saying

 

I only represent 1/15 just like you; only so much weight someone can carry. I need a certain level of performance as well just to have a chance. But you find ways to use everything to your advantage. This is a team game, but the other guys around you don't need to know how you're working with them for it to work. I can draw people into my teammates, while they can be completely oblivious to the fact it is something i'm actively thinking about. It is all about force multiplying, making the people around me better, seizing every opportunity, making the most out of teammates mistakes. 

 

Take a look at this battle, I have no intention of going into the city, but a teammate for whatever reason (you can see his stats...) decides to. My options are let him die and maybe I can hold all them off myself, or just try to maximize our chances together. 

 

 

Or how about this one; I actually expose myself and take a hit to go rescue a teammate in the middle of the city (its about halfway through this match)... what does he do, cluelessly carries on towards the enemy guns. Doesn't matter though because saving him bought me sometime to go back to base. 

 

Point is, you find all sorts of little opportunities in each match. It isn't so much about being a lone pubstar, as much as it is about exploiting the randomness that is each battle. Everyone learns differently, I was blessed by two things in becoming good. 1. clan I joined was crappy but through hard work we became one of the best so I got to play alongside a lot of very good players; 2. I hold myself accountable, i've never played a perfect game before, and I hate making the same mistake twice. 

 

You control, what you can control.


Edited by scharnhorst310, Nov 08 2018 - 05:40.


Anlushac11 #28 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 09:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 36031 battles
  • 2,324
  • Member since:
    05-25-2013

12th match today in kv-122. 12 losses, 0% win rate. I cant even get a win to get the x2 daily.

 

EDIT: 13th match was a win.


Edited by Anlushac11, Nov 08 2018 - 09:57.


scharnhorst310 #29 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 16:34

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 24444 battles
  • 5,864
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

View PostAnlushac11, on Nov 08 2018 - 00:40, said:

12th match today in kv-122. 12 losses, 0% win rate. I cant even get a win to get the x2 daily.

 

EDIT: 13th match was a win.

 

My personal best/worst was 16 in a row; and I doubt any people on this planet could have played better. I got 7 top guns in that stretch... but I've also won 26 straight. Yeah losing like that doesn't feel good but it's just the nature of the beast. It's just tough because we as people experience things on an individual battle basis; but the game is really at the macro level. I try to just step back from those moments and remind myself that it is a grind, just play your best and the results will follow. 

dunniteowl #30 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 18:31

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 22680 battles
  • 4,971
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

View PostFearTheBadger, on Nov 07 2018 - 18:57, said:

 

Don't get me wrong I do my best to make a difference however lot of times it doesn't work out that way.  It is a team game after all.  Always play your best what ever the results maybe.

 

You might be able to carry a team I cannot do it by myself and the same applies to other players as well.  Yes it is a common thing on this forum where player tell other player "get good"  but what the hell do you think we are trying to do.  Just saying

 

The question is, however, with regard to the bolded part, "What is it that you USE in doing your best?"

 

You see, my general view is that Everyone Is Doing Their Best.  It is INSANE to believe that folks don't try hard and attempt to play as best they can. It is to me, at least.

 

I'm a certified Smart Person.  That said, what does that "smartness" translate to?  For me, it's an affinity with wordplay, pattern recognition, data gets absorbed fairly readily from just reading.  Even so, I have to PLAY the game and Do My Best.  How could I possibly think that others are NOT doing the same?  I cannot imagine that folks are that different from me, other than in native intelligence.  Even so, that bar isn't that high.

 

So, from this perspective, I Really DO Believe folks are Doing Their Best.  But WHAT do they USE to be doing that?  Many folks who are out there, playing their hearts out have no idea how the game mechanics work.  They have no clue as to how Vision and Spotting work.  They literally just don't even GET the idea of Armor Angling, even though they might think they do.

 

In this light, I put together the WoT Welcome Package.  It was put together with the Intent to Provide Players, such as yourself and others who are sincerely playing their best, the Most Effective TOOLS for Doing Better by KNOWING what the hell is going on in the game.  ALL of it, I use myself.  ALL of it is based on me Doing My Best and knowing My Best Wasn't Good Enough for ME.  I wasn't satisfied with my results.

 

So I came to the forums.  I read.  I 'listened' if you will, to folks who were Doing Their Best and Seeing Which Players were really doing BETTER than Me.  THOSE people I paid MORE attention to than those who were not doing as well as I was, even though I truly believe they were doing their best.  The difference between getting better or not at this game, HANDS DOWN, no matter your physical, mental or technical barriers to being a unicum, is KNOWING What You're Doing!!  There is no Better Method to Improving than gaining knowledge.  The WoT Welcome Package DELIVERS that knowledge right to you.

 

Look at post Number 14 in this very thread and click the link.

 

I believe ALL players are honestly (well, most all, there are some notable exceptions who claim they don't care) doing their best.  To those who wish their best was better, then KNOWLEDGE is CRUCIAL to improvement.

 

I tell folks, "Would you play Monopoly if you didn't know the rules?  No, you'd just be playing on that board with the pieces and moving them around, but you wouldn't be PLAYING Monopoly."  Many folks come to this game and think they 'got it,' because they can aim the gun, move the tank and OFF THEY GO, doing their best.  Would you really like to play the game instead of just moving your piece around on the board?

 

If you do, ANY of you, then taking the time to read the WoT Welcome Package would be WELL WORTH YOUR TIME.

 

All I can tell you is that worked for me.

 

 

GL, HF & HSYBF!

 

OvO



ephBomb #31 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 23:00

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 30728 battles
  • 160
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB
  • Member since:
    07-11-2013

View Postmoogleslam, on Nov 07 2018 - 11:07, said:

 

You are the worst player in the vast majority of your battles.  Accepting that and taking responsibility for it is when you need to start.  There may be horrendous teams, but you are contributing factor #1.  Sorry if that's harsh.  Best to come here to ask for advice instead of trying to placing the blame elsewhere.

 

Well, that's a lie smart [edited], I average in the top half of my games now, mostly top 5. I did try another account just to see how it went. and guess what I don't suck! In fact I stopped playing that account where I have an over 5,000 PR and a 53% wnrate at over 4,000 battles. And holding that 53% wnrate for over a 1, 000 battles. So bite me....

ephBomb #32 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 23:28

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 30728 battles
  • 160
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB
  • Member since:
    07-11-2013
BOOM!!!!  ;)

Floydskyfire #33 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 02:13

    Private

  • Players
  • 3346 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    04-08-2011

View PostephBomb, on Nov 07 2018 - 16:24, said:

Tired of the same MM, problem, I can't get anywhere. Tired of the one sided matches, I can't get away from these horrendous teams. You guys cater to the wrong players. You can't shake all the beatdowns, when their at every tier.

There are just to many Elite and Entitled players versus average players. Your losing us....

Now you want to sell us insurance for the prem time we buy? wth?

 

 

 

Right.. i am convinced this game is just to pay to play. to suck money out of you. its mathematically impossible to loose this much.  Even if you are bad player. This game is a phoney and a fraud designed to suck money out of you. 

GeorgePreddy #34 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 03:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 14345 battles
  • 10,028
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG
  • Member since:
    04-11-2013

View PostFearTheBadger, on Nov 07 2018 - 19:46, said:

btw George preddy have u played a game since July.

 

Since this July, I have played over 2,000 battles... they were not all in my GeorgePreddy account and they were not all in pubs, either.

 

You're not a very good "detective", and you have zero power to insult me.

 

View PostephBomb, on Nov 08 2018 - 19:26, said:

We all know having more than 1 account is against the rules.

 

No, it's not... I've openly played several accounts for years.  I'm retired, or what I like to call "on permanent vacation", so I play 300+ days a year.

 

All my accounts have a good win rate and WN8, which puts a lie to the people who claim that some accounts are super lucky and others super unlucky when played by the same player.

 

 

 

 

 

 



the_Deadly_Bulb #35 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 03:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 22595 battles
  • 4,256
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    03-11-2014

View PostephBomb, on Nov 08 2018 - 14:00, said:

 

Well, that's a lie smart [edited], I average in the top half of my games now, mostly top 5. I did try another account just to see how it went. and guess what I don't suck! In fact I stopped playing that account where I have an over 5,000 PR and a 53% wnrate at over 4,000 battles. And holding that 53% wnrate for over a 1, 000 battles. So bite me....

 

Some other imaginary account (one you don't come here and post in) isn't of any importance or relevance.


 

 

Just had a look.

Your account, the one you are posting from here and now, has a recent WR of 46.42% and an overall of 46.53%.

Know what that means?

It means you've performed pretty much evenly for 30k+ matches historically (not so well) with a bit worse performance recent.

 

Your wn8 has risen, but not commensurate with your WR.

Know what that means?

To me it indicates damage farming.

 


Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Nov 09 2018 - 03:23.


FearTheBadger #36 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 04:49

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 15074 battles
  • 93
  • [R_I_R] R_I_R
  • Member since:
    12-28-2015
Oh George your a funny dude.. 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users