Suggestion for World of Tank to help new players learning and staying with the game.

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Captain_Rownd #41 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 20:38

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2557 battles

View PostUnturnedLeaf, on Nov 09 2018 - 04:28, said:

for the life of me i don't know why more time isn't spent in the training rooms. so much can be taught there in a slow paced comfortable environment. imagine having experienced players taking time to help a small group at a time learn that way. it strikes me as an even better way to learn from the experts than the hundreds of thousands of silly YT replays showing 12K damage and 13 kills in totally isolated cases; many of which don't have any arty lol

One thing that irritates me about the youtubers that post "guides" - even the ones I want to like - is that they primarily roll around in the best tanks with 3-6 skill crews and play mostly at very high Tiers.  You try to replicate what they're doing with your 0-1 skill crews in normal tech tree Tier 3-6 tanks and somehow it doesn't work quite the same.  :D

NeatoMan #42 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 20:42

Major

• Players
  • 26212 battles

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on Nov 09 2018 - 14:38, said:

One thing that irritates me about the youtubers that post "guides" - even the ones I want to like - is that they primarily roll around in the best tanks with 3-6 skill crews and play mostly at very high Tiers.  You try to replicate what they're doing with your 0-1 skill crews in normal tech tree Tier 3-6 tanks and somehow it doesn't work quite the same.  :D

The crew skills are not what enable them, but yes, the tank makes a difference. You have to remember not all tanks can do the same thing.

I remember one unicum saying how great the Leopard1 was, and then when he posted replays he was always platooned with others in OP russian mediums, who would occupy the enemy, and give him time to work.  Heck with that kind of help of course you can make a crap tank perform.

gmotoman #43 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 21:03

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20994 battles

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on Nov 09 2018 - 20:31, said:

Stop bragging about your high PR, man!  :hiding:

Sorry I get all squirrely because of low self esteem. :)

Edited by gmotoman, Nov 09 2018 - 21:04.

Captain_Rownd #44 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 21:40

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2557 battles

View PostNeatoMan, on Nov 09 2018 - 09:42, said:

The crew skills are not what enable them, but yes, the tank makes a difference. You have to remember not all tanks can do the same thing.

My comment is that their "guides" are hard for me to put to use when I don't have similar crews and tanks as they use.

BTW, I REALLY like the new "lobby" we have in the game today!  :medal:

Edited by Captain_Rownd, Nov 09 2018 - 21:42.

NeatoMan #45 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 22:50

Major

• Players
  • 26212 battles

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on Nov 09 2018 - 15:40, said:

My comment is that their "guides" are hard for me to put to use when I don't have similar crews and tanks as they use.

meh... the only crew skills you really need to be able keep up with their guides are 100% primary skill, 6th sense, and maybe camo if you're in a stealthy tank.  If you are in the high tiers, this should be a given.

Bonfor #46 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 23:54

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 148 battles

View PostNeatoMan, on Nov 09 2018 - 10:20, said:

Half the time training rooms are filled with squeaky voiced 10 year olds playing tag.  Not gonna learn much there.

What is the incentive for players who already know the game to go into training rooms to teach newbies?  

In WoWS we can create single user training rooms, which gives us the chance to sail around and study the maps as well as pound on some bots to see how armor, angling  and such work on certain ships as well as ammo type.  Looks like you can't do that here without having at least one buddy to drop with.  If nothing else it would be nice to at least be able to check out the maps in game without worrying about getting shot at.

Zwinmar #47 Posted Nov 10 2018 - 00:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 16142 battles
  • [80PRF] 80PRF

Lets see:

camo doesn't mean what they think its means,

aim time is very unintuitive because, reasons.

There are too many crew skills that are garbage with too high xp cost,

too many low tier tanks have stupidly high dpm..looking at you Pz1C

When they can finally stand up to things like the PzIC, they now have to deal with the ridiculous HE guns.

Captain_Rownd #48 Posted Nov 10 2018 - 02:19

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2557 battles

View PostNeatoMan, on Nov 09 2018 - 11:50, said:

meh... the only crew skills you really need to be able keep up with their guides are 100% primary skill, 6th sense, and maybe camo if you're in a stealthy tank.  If you are in the high tiers, this should be a given.

I'm not in high Tiers, and only have 6th sense or some camo skill on a handful of crews.  That's why it's hard to apply the high Tier youtubes of a multi-skill crew in Tier VIII-X doing things I probably will fail at trying to replicate.

Edited by Captain_Rownd, Nov 10 2018 - 02:20.

NeatoMan #49 Posted Nov 10 2018 - 04:36

Major

• Players
  • 26212 battles

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on Nov 09 2018 - 20:19, said:

I'm not in high Tiers, and only have 6th sense or some camo skill on a handful of crews.  That's why it's hard to apply the high Tier youtubes of a multi-skill crew in Tier VIII-X doing things I probably will fail at trying to replicate.

If you aren't in high tiers then most other people you face won't have all those skills either.  Don't blame it on your crew skills.  That's not the problem.  You should be watching where they deploy, lines of fire and how they use the terrain rather than worrying about what skills they got on their crews.  Their crew skills are not the main reason why they succeed.

Captain_Rownd #50 Posted Nov 10 2018 - 06:42

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2557 battles
Their crew skills do effect their vision and camo, and even the speed with which they reach concealment - it's a large part of whether they are seeing or being seen.  I can't do the same things they do in the "guides" on the youtubes - not even close

Edited by Captain_Rownd, Nov 10 2018 - 07:06.

kgomoll #51 Posted Nov 10 2018 - 08:28

Sergeant

• Players
  • 57158 battles
The game is dead move on. 

NeatoMan #52 Posted Nov 10 2018 - 14:43

Major

• Players
  • 26212 battles

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on Nov 10 2018 - 00:42, said:

Their crew skills do effect their vision and camo, and even the speed with which they reach concealment - it's a large part of whether they are seeing or being seen.  I can't do the same things they do in the "guides" on the youtubes - not even close

crew skills add in such small increments to all those things that they are not the main determining factor in most of their encounters.   Unless they are playing an LT they usually are not optimized to play the hide and spot vision game.  The main reason they don't get seen is they know how to use bushes and terrain, and how to use those vision circles in the mini-map.  They can anticipate fairly well when and where opponents might show up, and proceed accordingly.   They've been shot at so many times from the same places they know how to approach those areas.  They know when to peek out and when not to.  Crew skills don't do that for them, that's all in the decision making process.

Captain_Rownd #53 Posted Nov 10 2018 - 21:11

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2557 battles

View PostNeatoMan, on Nov 10 2018 - 03:43, said:

crew skills add in such small increments to all those things that they are not the main determining factor in most of their encounters.   Unless they are playing an LT they usually are not optimized to play the hide and spot vision game.  The main reason they don't get seen is they know how to use bushes and terrain, and how to use those vision circles in the mini-map.  They can anticipate fairly well when and where opponents might show up, and proceed accordingly.   They've been shot at so many times from the same places they know how to approach those areas.  They know when to peek out and when not to.  Crew skills don't do that for them, that's all in the decision making process.

Time and again on these forums people have said that crew skills are a HUGE difference in the effectiveness of concealment, and that crew skills are the reason some players are spotted in concealment from 2 squares away, and others are unspotted from across a cap circle.  People talk about crew skills "burning through" your concealment, and vice versa.  Yes, I'm primarily concerned with vision-oriented vehicles.  I can't do corner fighting and I won't memorize armor layouts and pen values so I'm always trying to use vision and distance. 

NeatoMan #54 Posted Nov 11 2018 - 03:10

Major

• Players
  • 26212 battles

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on Nov 10 2018 - 15:11, said:

Time and again on these forums people have said that crew skills are a HUGE difference in the effectiveness of concealment, and that crew skills are the reason some players are spotted in concealment from 2 squares away, and others are unspotted from across a cap circle.  People talk about crew skills "burning through" your concealment, and vice versa.  Yes, I'm primarily concerned with vision-oriented vehicles.  I can't do corner fighting and I won't memorize armor layouts and pen values so I'm always trying to use vision and distance.

It makes a slight difference, not a huge one.  Where they setup and where they go is far more important. 

Zombie_Snuggles #55 Posted Nov 11 2018 - 03:16

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 23058 battles
Nice thought, that’s what we need but I don’t think there are a enough new players to justify that.

1SLUGGO1 #56 Posted Nov 11 2018 - 05:01

Major

• Players
  • 24547 battles
Well.

I’ll put it this way.

The game is designed around a few repetitive maps, 3x crew skills and no 6th sense; and artillery, light tanks, and meds not even having tier 10 options.

Every time I want to make a suggestion or observation, I end up ranting and deleting it. Bottom line, if they want this game to survive, they need to increase the fun factor, and cut down the grind bloat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users