Dez lays out some of the "mods" and cheats being used.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Icon_Charlie #21 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 13:48

Captain

• Players
  • 14188 battles
  • [-DRB-] -DRB-

View PostF0R_M07H3R_RU5514, on Nov 07 2018 - 13:56, said:

The one I see most often is the claim of wall or rock hacks, which is actually due to the poor modeling of terrain and obstacles.  You THINK you're behind something, when the damage model doesn't fully match the visual model.

Seen the hack years ago. It is tied to the removal of terrain function.  It is still out there and you can tell the difference.

What is easier to do is the transparency hack.... Whcih BTY WG mentioned.

What is more common and what many people mistake about the Rock/hack problem is that server refresh rate on this game... Absolutely garbage. And this WILL affect your game giving you the illusion of being shot through a covered position as you are trying to reach for it.

View Postawildseaking, on Nov 08 2018 - 02:14, said:

A lot of illegal mods are hard to detect, but I see the automatic repair kit pretty regularly.

Yup and again mentioned by WG.  Seen this crap for years.  However I have a LoL tank that I use....

Large Repair, Repair,  Toolkit, and 100% skill in repair. 

Hours of LoL action because people do not think of this combination anymore.  It was used on lights when lights were good.

View Postminneerminneer, on Nov 08 2018 - 00:10, said:

Tbh the most illegal mods can do is aim for you and tell you where tanks have knocked over things and are shooting from.  Nothing can make all your shots hit on snaps and nothing will increase the performance of your tank.  so all in all illegal mods won't make a horrible player good but it will make a decent player be a decent bit better.   But all the things illegal mods do you can do without with skill.

But it does make those cheaters spend less "IF any money on this game.  And that is one of the reasons why they cheat.  They don't want to spend the money on this incredibly bad... grindy game.

Another reason why they Cheat because they have no life... This is it...  I can let things slide for  teens living at home but there are too many stereotypical neckbeards.... between 30's and and 50's,...  sucking on fishheads and eating Cheetoes... living in their momma's house... Personal Hygiene... non existent.  They need every crutch they can get to look "goooood" and bad mouth everyone in the process.  

A feel good moment that they have that they have in a 3rd rate game being ran by a 3rd rate company.

Then of course you got those low lives that do it for the LoL's.

The point is that this (cheating) is a tipping point for people leaving the game... Especially those Wallet Warriors that keep this game afloat. You know that 3 to 5% of any player base in any video game makes up for 50% of the spending profits.

Guess  WG is thinking that the rest of the 95% can pick up the slack when they leave.

To think in the past two years I've spent over four grand on other games alone an tens of thousands on other things to keep my mind occupied instead of spending money over here.  Why is that???

Because of the toxic behavior of those same fanbois whom many of them fit the neckbeard/cheat motif that defended WG.  Because they feel "Empowered".

Well gooooood for them.... Maybe if they would use the last brain cell in their head would realize that people vote with their wallets... 

And if they did they would realize that...

MeatHead would still be employed as well as 260+ people in the US... that lost their jobs... to the result of bad player experiences.. this included WG because of they were really serious about fixing their game instead of giving lip service over the years... Those employee losses

WOULD... NOT.... HAPPEN....

Give us a decent product... people stay... They spend money on the experience... very simple concept indeed.

Screw us over... people leave...

Especially those with money.... LEAVE....

FIX.... THE.... GAME...

Edited by Icon_Charlie, Nov 08 2018 - 13:53.

VooDooKobra #22 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 15:21

Major

• Players
  • 8373 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostIcon_Charlie, on Nov 08 2018 - 05:48, said:

Seen the hack years ago. It is tied to the removal of terrain function.  It is still out there and you can tell the difference.

What is more common and what many people mistake about the Rock/hack problem is that server refresh rate on this game... Absolutely garbage. And this WILL affect your game giving you the illusion of being shot through a covered position as you are trying to reach for it.

Yup and again mentioned by WG.  Seen this crap for years.  However I have a LoL tank that I use....

Hours of LoL action because people do not think of this combination anymore.  It was used on lights when lights were good.

But it does make those cheaters spend less "IF any money on this game.  And that is one of the reasons why they cheat.  They don't want to spend the money on this incredibly bad... grindy game.

Another reason why they Cheat because they have no life... This is it...  I can let things slide for  teens living at home but there are too many stereotypical neckbeards.... between 30's and and 50's,...  sucking on fishheads and eating Cheetoes... living in their momma's house... Personal Hygiene... non existent.  They need every crutch they can get to look "goooood" and bad mouth everyone in the process.  

A feel good moment that they have that they have in a 3rd rate game being ran by a 3rd rate company.

The point is that this (cheating) is a tipping point for people leaving the game... Especially those Wallet Warriors that keep this game afloat. You know that 3 to 5% of any player base in any video game makes up for 50% of the spending profits.

Guess  WG is thinking that the rest of the 95% can pick up the slack when they leave.

To think in the past two years I've spent over four grand on other games alone an tens of thousands on other things to keep my mind occupied instead of spending money over here.  Why is that???

Because of the toxic behavior of those same fanbois whom many of them fit the neckbeard/cheat motif that defended WG.  Because they feel "Empowered".

Well gooooood for them.... Maybe if they would use the last brain cell in their head would realize that people vote with their wallets... 

MeatHead would still be employed as well as 260+ people in the US... that lost their jobs... to the result of bad player experiences.. this included WG because of they were really serious about fixing their game instead of giving lip service over the years... Those employee losses

Give us a decent product... people stay... They spend money on the experience... very simple concept indeed.

FIX.... THE.... GAME...

if they were not really serious about fixing the game we would still have +/-4 MM, we would still have MM where one side can have 6 heavies and the other 2, premium ammo would still cost gold only, platoons would still be 2 people (3 if you have a premium account).  the issue isnt that they are not fixing the game its that they are not fixing the game how you want them to and then you call any who disagree with you fanbois and talking heads.    the game is not perfect and the way the playerbase is unable to agree on any issues it probably will never be. 

Guido1212 #23 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 16:16

Major

• Players
  • 77083 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL
There’s one surefire way to not get banned.

Grendalf #24 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 16:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16833 battles
  • [_TPR_] _TPR_
I know of one player that has a 70% win rate with several hundred games in ONE tier 4 tank, and he told me that this account is not his main one. I guess he is building a high Win8/win rate account or something. I see these multiple accounts a lot, and wonder if that is a form of cheating. I guess it is more an issue of stat padding. I started this game all wrong, bought premium tier 8 tanks because I could, and had no clue what I was doing--didn't know about the You-tubers to learn from, message boards, clans, or anything. Ever since, I've been improving but when I already have a lot of games, it takes a very long time to change my stats. People like me I guess start the new accounts, don't really know, but it seems kind of sad to me. I mean, you can't play your premiums on a different account, right? Why not just have your own knowledge that you are doing all you can to improve, and that your stats don't necessarily show that, and just do your best to learn and have fun?

Edited by Grendalf, Nov 08 2018 - 18:02.

Rides_with_Death #25 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 20:05

Major

• Players
  • 33457 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS

View Postawildseaking, on Nov 08 2018 - 04:14, said:

A lot of illegal mods are hard to detect, but I see the automatic repair kit pretty regularly.

I just have my tracks shortcut on my mouse quick double tap and most of the time I am tracked I don’t even come to a complete stop.. Hell you can even keep tapping the button when your in a high risk tracking location. 

the_Deadly_Bulb #26 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 20:41

Major

• Players
  • 22546 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostIcon_Charlie, on Nov 08 2018 - 04:48, said:

FIX.... THE.... GAME...

Chucky, you can go on waxing rhapsodically about server issues and connectivity, about 'hackers" and mods.

Fix the game is your forum mantra.

Here's the thing, lots of players, and I mean LOTS, don't lean on the issues you seem to coddle to explain why they can't do well. They just work at understanding the game and doing better, as opposed to your scorched earth stance that its the game and WG and tellia and, well everything but you.

Its funny, because its just your feels and you making excuses.

You don't even play anymore.

You post about how people who cheat have no life.

Here you are on a forum for a game you have not played (with that account) since January of this year, yet you regularly post on this forum (mostly this whiny type of BS).

Who is it that has no life?

You now "play WoT forum"

Don't spend, I don't care.

Keep whining, I don't care.

Keep posting here, its pathetic and its funny.

It also points to you having no life.

cloudwalkr #27 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:43

Major

• Players
  • 54530 battles

View PostRides_with_Death, on Nov 08 2018 - 20:05, said:

I just have my tracks shortcut on my mouse quick double tap and most of the time I am tracked I don’t even come to a complete stop.. Hell you can even keep tapping the button when your in a high risk tracking location. 

it's easier for the person you responded to to think you're just cheating.  I'm incredibly fast at repairing tracks and the like...it's almost instant.  So it cracks me up when people see a fast repair and immediately think it's a prevelant cheat.

edit:  Holy crap Icon...don't ever stop posting man, you're comedy gold.

Hurk #28 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 22:20

Major

• Players
  • 52075 battles
  • [KGR] KGR

View PostRides_with_Death, on Nov 08 2018 - 12:05, said:

big difference between quick repair and a tank that never shows a stun timer or never even shows a broken track. seen both. 

HEATN00B #29 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 01:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 14445 battles
  • [AMOX] AMOX
Legal mods provide more info and being well informed is never a bad thing! That being said no mod or cheat can put you in in the right spot to deal or prevent damage. Player skill and knowledge of the game will ALWAYS over come any mods. 

HEATN00B #30 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 01:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 14445 battles
  • [AMOX] AMOX

View PostRides_with_Death, on Nov 08 2018 - 20:05, said:

I have gaming keyboard with thumb keys bound for instant track repair. Most time I wont ever come to a complete stop. If you have played games like WoWarcraft you learn how to do keybinds and macros.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #31 Posted Nov 10 2018 - 03:26

Major

• Players
  • 30451 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postminneerminneer, on Nov 08 2018 - 15:10, said:

Tbh the most illegal mods can do is aim for you and tell you where tanks have knocked over things and are shooting from.  Nothing can make all your shots hit on snaps and nothing will increase the performance of your tank.  so all in all illegal mods won't make a horrible player good but it will make a decent player be a decent bit better.   But all the things illegal mods do you can do without with skill.

Sadly they can do a lot more than that now.  And there are different levels of performance as well.  The ones most have seen are the free versions....the paid versions are 3 times better.  It's pretty sickening.  A simple google search will help to inform you.  These guys aren't dumb, they're videos on demonstrating the mods are on youtube, but they're named things like "25623436" and not "illegal mod xyz".  

I learned after someone posted a site in the forums(removed shortly after and I'm certain he got a strike).

EDIT:  Your statement "But all the things illegal mods do you can do without with skill."  Is completely false, no offense, but it's straight up false.

No amount of skill is going to tell you there are things being broken in a far corner of the map when someone is trying to change positions.  There are other illegal mods that do things that no amount of skill is going to help, you simply don't have access to the info, just as in you don't have access to the info about things being broken far from where you are.

Edited by EmperorJuliusCaesar, Nov 10 2018 - 03:28.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #32 Posted Nov 10 2018 - 03:36

Major

• Players
  • 30451 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostGrendalf, on Nov 08 2018 - 22:39, said:

I know of one player that has a 70% win rate with several hundred games in ONE tier 4 tank, and he told me that this account is not his main one. I guess he is building a high Win8/win rate account or something. I see these multiple accounts a lot, and wonder if that is a form of cheating. I guess it is more an issue of stat padding. I started this game all wrong, bought premium tier 8 tanks because I could, and had no clue what I was doing--didn't know about the You-tubers to learn from, message boards, clans, or anything. Ever since, I've been improving but when I already have a lot of games, it takes a very long time to change my stats. People like me I guess start the new accounts, don't really know, but it seems kind of sad to me. I mean, you can't play your premiums on a different account, right? Why not just have your own knowledge that you are doing all you can to improve, and that your stats don't necessarily show that, and just do your best to learn and have fun?

Don't worry about the stats man, just have fun.  There will come a time when you're playing a lot better, but your over-all stats don't look good, that you will learn the value of XVM camo.  You won't regret it, people will underestimate you and you will have even more fun.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #33 Posted Nov 10 2018 - 03:38

Major

• Players
  • 30451 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Nov 09 2018 - 02:41, said:

View PostIcon_Charlie, on Nov 08 2018 - 04:48, said:

FIX.... THE.... GAME...

Chucky, you can go on waxing rhapsodically about server issues and connectivity, about 'hackers" and mods.

Fix the game is your forum mantra.

Here's the thing, lots of players, and I mean LOTS, don't lean on the issues you seem to coddle to explain why they can't do well. They just work at understanding the game and doing better, as opposed to your scorched earth stance that its the game and WG and tellia and, well everything but you.

Its funny, because its just your feels and you making excuses.

You don't even play anymore.

You post about how people who cheat have no life.

Here you are on a forum for a game you have not played (with that account) since January of this year, yet you regularly post on this forum (mostly this whiny type of BS).

Who is it that has no life?

You now "play WoT forum"

Don't spend, I don't care.

Keep whining, I don't care.

Keep posting here, its pathetic and its funny.

It also points to you having no life.

Nice, only one thing was missing from your post.   You should have left him a /icepack   for that sick burn you gave him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users