KV-1 Ensk Mastery

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Ericmopar #21 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 03:16

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1061 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Nov 07 2018 - 17:22, said:

Congratulations OP on a job well done.  Those mastery badges are hard to come by but yours was well deserved!

:honoring:

__WarChild__

Hey there, and thanks. 

I remember you from my very early Blitz days. :)

iAmEbola #22 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 14:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 11754 battles

Great job on acquiring your first Ace Tanker Mastery badge! :medal:

I will echo some of the good advice on here as well:

• Ditch the camo net - use Rammer, Vents, Gun Laying Drive.  If your credits are lacking, then definitely utilize a toolbox.  
  • Don't rush shots unless you are at very close range.  Let your bloom settle fully.  You will find this is imperative the further you advance.
  • When going up against higher tiered opponents, go with the other heavys, let them take the front line, you settle into second line support and take shots of opportunity, or track HTs when they poke so your allies have more opportunities to damage.
  • Churchill series - aim for the turret (to the left of the gun is very good weak spot)  In fact, here is a good guide for Common Weak Spots I wrote a while back.
  • Also, I encourage you to check out my training session that I had with another member.  It goes over some more advanced techniques for HTs that will apply against higher tiered opponents.  Training Night

dunniteowl #23 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 15:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 22648 battles

I_Am_Ebola said pretty much what I would have.

I note the 'crazy fast' reload of that tank.  I might have to get one.

Aim in fully.  Just because your gun is loaded, doesn't mean you should fire it as soon as it is.  In the "heat" of the battle, I saw at least five shots that missed due to this -- shots that would have garnered you kills faster, by waiting another two seconds.  

You do seem to be pretty aware of the field.  I saw that nicely timed shot to the M8A1 that ran past the buildings -- just after you fired three rapid shots at the other tank you destroyed, one of which missed due to not waiting for your gun to fully aim-in.

Also, the 'kept you alive' longer is NOT from the camo net.  It's from concealment bonus which is added on to your base + camo net + concealment.  Concealment is usually like 30-50%.  Your camo net adds 10% to your base.  At higher concealment values (say all your crew has Concealment at 100%, which adds a max of 20% to your camo value, maybe THEN a camo net could make a difference, though for a HVY, that still isn't very much.

One last thing:  You took a number of shots that placed your LOF in very close proximity to your team mates.  I'd say you were lucky a couple of times (because you don't let your reticle fully aim-in) NOT to have accidentally shot one of your team mates.  Be careful, you really don't want your round to count for the enemy instead of against it.  You also fired two rounds into buidings firing at an enemy unit behind them.  It is normally hard to tell, but from where you fired, the tanks you shot at were two and three obstructions behind, thus no LOS/LOF to your target.  Those were wasted shots.

All in all, you look to be doing well in your learning curve.

Congrats on the Mastery; well earned.

Wing Up!

GL, HF & HSYBF!

OvO

iAmEbola #24 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 16:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 11754 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Nov 08 2018 - 08:53, said:

OvO

Yes, you absolutely should.  It is a complete beast.  

Ericmopar #25 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 19:47

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1061 battles

The reload is really good but the alpha is high for a tier V heavy, and I've noticed the 85mm seems to "hurt" the reds more, not just the alpha but it seems to do more module damage.
So far the KV-1 is one of the very few tanks I've played that really knocks em down like the tanks in Blitz that I'm used to.

They are going on a balancing spree and nerfing like crazy in Blitz, including premium tanks...

I'm wondering if that will eventually happen to PC now.

The Klimet Voroshilov 1 is also easier to hide.

My T1 Heavy, hull down, taking advantage of the gun depression and opaque bushes etc is seen from most of the way across maps. The problem is so bad in fact, I've wondered if the camo values on the T1 are actually bugged. 

itsJylerTAG #26 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:21

Captain

• Players
  • 7715 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Nov 08 2018 - 09:53, said:

I'd highly suggest getting one seeing as the KV-1 is pretty much one of my top 3 favorite tier 5 tanks. It's where i learned to play heavies and where i learned how squishy a T-29 is when it exposes it's lower hull to me. :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users