Campaign Missions need to be changed

campaign missions

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Campaign Missions need to be changed (20 members have cast votes)

agree

1. yes (11 votes [55.00%])

Percentage of vote: 55.00%

2. no (9 votes [45.00%])

Percentage of vote: 45.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

godslayer8582 #1 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 23:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 37214 battles
Yes I believe that the campaign missions for the first campaign should be changed after fighting my way through the T-55a missions I realized that the first campaign missions are not based on how skilled a player is its more random luck than actual skill to get the circumstances just right to achieve your mission goals . When comparing the first campaign to the second front I realized that the second front missions are actually harder but more achievable than relying on random luck like the first campaign and I like the second front missions more than the first campaign      

n4cer67 #2 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 01:19

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17056 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP
I'm stuck in my progress because of secondary conditions requiring 2000hp dmg x5. I'll have to work up to stronger tanks to get the 2000hp damage. Maybe I can talk them into putting an 152mm autoloader with 5 round clip in my KV2 =)

Edited by n4cer67, Nov 08 2018 - 01:23.

xrays_ #3 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 01:20

Major

• Players
  • 49099 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

Missions based on skill:

An average/bad player may achieve the mission requirements eventually.

A good/great player can work their tank the correct way to achieve the mission requirements reasonably.

I personally believe that the mission parameters for the first set of personal missions were created very well, and quickly separated the best players from the average players. Some of the missions were made easier over time, along with modifications to the way Orders were obtained and used, allowing more people to achieve the final rewards - though they are still not "easy". Missions designed around stepped progression (i.e. deal X damage over time) simply allow for weaker players to gradually complete missions, where ones designed around single-match objectives limit the reward distribution and make the rewards seem more, um, rewardy.

x.

gpc_4 #4 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 01:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 39515 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
The missions are fine. Not everyone is meant to complete everything.

Insanefriend #5 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 04:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 39453 battles
The second set of second front mission are very similar to the t55a missions.  Only the first set is doable over more then one game.  Either case you still need to pick the right tanks to make the missions easier.  Otherwise you might be stuck on one for ages.

godslayer8582 #6 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 06:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 37214 battles

View Postxrays_, on Nov 08 2018 - 01:20, said:

Missions based on skill:

An average/bad player may achieve the mission requirements eventually.

A good/great player can work their tank the correct way to achieve the mission requirements reasonably.

I personally believe that the mission parameters for the first set of personal missions were created very well, and quickly separated the best players from the average players. Some of the missions were made easier over time, along with modifications to the way Orders were obtained and used, allowing more people to achieve the final rewards - though they are still not "easy". Missions designed around stepped progression (i.e. deal X damage over time) simply allow for weaker players to gradually complete missions, where ones designed around single-match objectives limit the reward distribution and make the rewards seem more, um, rewardy.

x.

I believe all players should be treated equally regardless of skill level other tank games already have this setup if world of tanks doesn't evolve and change it will be left behind and I for one don't want to see this game shutdown because there are not enough people playing it

_Tsavo_ #7 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 06:37

Major

• Players
  • 42292 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postgodslayer8582, on Nov 08 2018 - 00:33, said:

I believe all players should be treated equally regardless of skill level other tank games already have this setup if world of tanks doesn't evolve and change it will be left behind and I for one don't want to see this game shutdown because there are not enough people playing it

We're already treated equally tho?

Hellsfog #8 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 06:49

Major

• Players
  • 34547 battles
  • [_SF_] _SF_

How are players not treated equally with regards to these missions?  Would I like to see some of the missions cleaned up to make more sense or better address the HE spam meta? Yes. But this misery is inflicted on all players equally.

xrays_ #9 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 06:56

Major

• Players
  • 49099 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

I believe all players should be treated equally regardless of skill level...

Are you suggesting you want to receive rewards for missions that you wouldn't normally be capable of completing? Do you believe everyone should just be given, for free, every reward tank, because ultimately someone just simply won't be able to complete any of the missions? How do you treat people equally and yet encourage and reward skilled play?

Every player already has the ability to purchase so many tanks, why not provide something unique, with rewards based on level of capabilities, for those that are more interested and committed to playing this game at a higher level?

Maybe you need to be more specific about what "equal" means to you.

x.

godslayer8582 #10 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 09:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 37214 battles

View Postxrays_, on Nov 08 2018 - 06:56, said:

Are you suggesting you want to receive rewards for missions that you wouldn't normally be capable of completing? Do you believe everyone should just be given, for free, every reward tank, because ultimately someone just simply won't be able to complete any of the missions? How do you treat people equally and yet encourage and reward skilled play?

Every player already has the ability to purchase so many tanks, why not provide something unique, with rewards based on level of capabilities, for those that are more interested and committed to playing this game at a higher level?

Maybe you need to be more specific about what "equal" means to you.

x.

I think it should be set at how long you've played the game not just skill level as the only factor and if you cant set it up so even the worst player can get the same rewards as the best players then this game wont last very long because having an elitist attitude among its players doesn't make for a popular game . 

_Tsavo_ #11 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 13:48

Major

• Players
  • 42292 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postgodslayer8582, on Nov 08 2018 - 03:21, said:

I think it should be set at how long you've played the game not just skill level as the only factor and if you cant set it up so even the worst player can get the same rewards as the best players then this game wont last very long because having an elitist attitude among its players doesn't make for a popular game . 

It's not a reward if just anyone can get it without some effort or talent. 

xrays_ #12 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 15:04

Major

• Players
  • 49099 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View Postgodslayer8582, on Nov 08 2018 - 03:21, said:

I think it should be set at how long you've played the game not just skill level as the only factor and if you cant set it up so even the worst player can get the same rewards as the best players...

You want welfare, in a game. Just great.

x.

FearTheBadger #13 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 16:41

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15017 battles
  • [R_I_R] R_I_R

It seems the players that reply to these threads are "Good Players".  Well from one that is not. I believe the missions are meant to hard and some of are even challenging for a "Good Player" to do.

As far as for myself it is only recently that I decided I might as well try to finish the Stug mission.  Why something to challenge myself. Do I think the reward tanks are any good "I don't know, maybe"

I am now playing arty so beware of me on the battle field.  :arta:

Edited by FearTheBadger, Nov 08 2018 - 17:03.

Also tagged with campaign missions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users