Jump to content


How is the T30?


  • Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

TheManFromKekistan #21 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 06:08

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 9 battles
  • 744
  • Member since:
    02-03-2017

View PostHurk, on Nov 07 2018 - 21:57, said:

its literally not possible to "stealth" buff a tank in the game. the API sends out the data of tanks. IE we know for a fact nothing at all changed. 

 

What the client shows has no bearing on what the server uses and the api can show whatever wg wants it to show. Its there as a convenience for the user and websites that use it and is not used in the servers code. The api can show a value and the server can be using a completely different value. They can change the collision model and angles and whatever they want and you wouldn't know a thing from the api or client data.

Blackstone #22 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 13:22

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 16645 battles
  • 1,511
  • [-IGC-] -IGC-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011

I like the T30.

Got a MoE on mine, whatever that's worth.

Top gun is devastating. 

Accuracy leaves something to be desired. Kinda derpy.

She's not a brawler. Reload is too long and hull armor is typical for US tanks.

Play hull down with a bit of distance.

Equip with binocs, vents, and rammer.

If you have 12 bonds to spare, maybe run vent purge.



SwollenOstrich #23 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 15:51

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 22025 battles
  • 938
  • Member since:
    02-28-2014

It is very derpy. A half aimed snap shot at a light tank 300 meters away might hit, but a fully aimed shot at the side of the heavy 100 meters away very well might hit the dirt. 

 

For fun, platoon up with a T95, get behind him to be hull down and together you can hold any corridor in the game. Watch enemy tanks come around the corner, see a double headed monster looking at them and you can just imagine their pants color as they try to reverse. lol.



Copacetic #24 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 17:24

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 39186 battles
  • 33
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014

View PostTheManFromKekistan, on Nov 08 2018 - 06:08, said:

 

What the client shows has no bearing on what the server uses and the api can show whatever wg wants it to show. Its there as a convenience for the user and websites that use it and is not used in the servers code. The api can show a value and the server can be using a completely different value. They can change the collision model and angles and whatever they want and you wouldn't know a thing from the api or client data.

 

and here we go with the conspiracy theories based upon someone's feel...maybe the turdmatoes playing now days just don't know where to shoot the t30 or just can't hit the hatch when they do know.



1919Eternal #25 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 18:14

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 53899 battles
  • 242
  • [PRO_S] PRO_S
  • Member since:
    07-17-2014

View Postgideon_an, on Nov 07 2018 - 19:43, said:

If you are familiar with the T 34 it is the same tank with 2 exceptions. A Camo rating that lets it hide and a gun that can do 750 dmg.

If you can get hull downs or ridge poke you can just get in the faces of an enemy team. They tend to scatter quick because if they are trading 250 or 400 and taking 750 in return they are getting the hell out of there as soon as possible.

 

The fact that you mention the camo rating and hiding in the T30 tells me you are playing it wrong.   It does not have a good camo rating and you shouldn't be hiding at the back of the map sniping in a t30.  Your primary goal is to use your high alph/pen gun to take out the slower high hp/armored heavies, preferably hull down. 

ca009877 #26 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 18:31

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 41559 battles
  • 32
  • Member since:
    06-17-2012

I worked my way through the t28 proto and then the big gun for the t30.  With the t30 always being the middle tier, I keep getting shot up and be on many losing teams.  Battle after battle losing I lost interest.  I will play the t28 proto in hopes I am top tier, than it can be a fun battle, but those only happen maybe 20% of the random battles.

 



Hurk #27 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 18:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 52075 battles
  • 17,325
  • [KGR] KGR
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

View PostTheManFromKekistan, on Nov 07 2018 - 22:08, said:

What the client shows has no bearing on what the server uses and the api can show whatever wg wants it to show. Its there as a convenience for the user and websites that use it and is not used in the servers code. The api can show a value and the server can be using a completely different value. They can change the collision model and angles and whatever they want and you wouldn't know a thing from the api or client data.

i refrain from tinfoil. i prefer saran wrap. 

 

View Postca009877, on Nov 08 2018 - 10:31, said:

I worked my way through the t28 proto and then the big gun for the t30.  With the t30 always being the middle tier, I keep getting shot up and be on many losing teams.  Battle after battle losing I lost interest.  I will play the t28 proto in hopes I am top tier, than it can be a fun battle, but those only happen maybe 20% of the random battles.

when i first got the T30, i made the huge mistake of playing it like a T29 heavy. in short, you cannot do this with any level of success. the tank is not a heavy. its not even a TD. what it is, is a T29 at tier 10, with a really big derp gun. 

 

like all low tier heavy tanks, its crap. it can bully some tanks because of its firepower, but doesnt have any of the tools necessary to play front. 

coupled with that, it has all the penalties of being a turreted TD to prevent it from back camping as well. IE completely crap bloom mechanics, so that unless a target is sitting still a long time, you are going to miss. 

 

so, as already mentioned, you play it mid range. you only play in support of other tanks, never alone. even if you get a high tier match, any tier 7 tank can tear you to shreads if you dont pay attention and work for the kill. I literally just did that a few nights ago in a type 62... took 3 minutes, but over those three minutes i was never hit, rarely spotted, and whittled a nearly full health T30 to dead. because there wasnt anything he can do about a tank with stealth and vision and mobility. 

 

TLDR, you are a second line support tank. do not close, do not camp, do not solo. 

 


Edited by Hurk, Nov 08 2018 - 19:00.


Case_N_Point #28 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:33

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 24073 battles
  • 416
  • Member since:
    10-19-2012
The T30 is my favorite Tier 9 TD I have.  It's gun is really what makes the tank so fun along with gun depression over ridges.  I also have the Tier 10 T110E4 and that tank is a lot of fun too!  I find the sweet spot is tier 9 at that line.  I have two MOE's on the T30.

TheManFromKekistan #29 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 23:38

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 9 battles
  • 744
  • Member since:
    02-03-2017

View PostCopacetic, on Nov 08 2018 - 11:24, said:

 

and here we go with the conspiracy theories based upon someone's feel...maybe the turdmatoes playing now days just don't know where to shoot the t30 or just can't hit the hatch when they do know.

 

Who is putting up conspiracy theories? Nothing I stated is false. Now whether or not its just more bads playing now that can't aim or coding hijinks is the question. No one will be able to answer that except wg and they ain't talkin. :P

Hurk #30 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 01:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 52075 battles
  • 17,325
  • [KGR] KGR
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012
they do indeed talk and say the API represents accurate data, its up to you, claiming some possible conspiracy to show some evidence of such. 

TheManFromKekistan #31 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 01:07

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 9 battles
  • 744
  • Member since:
    02-03-2017

View PostHurk, on Nov 08 2018 - 19:00, said:

they do indeed talk and say the API represents accurate data, its up to you, claiming some possible conspiracy to show some evidence of such. 

 

They also said they would NEVER sell the mutant. Who to trust? :bajan:

Hurk #32 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 01:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 52075 battles
  • 17,325
  • [KGR] KGR
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

View PostTheManFromKekistan, on Nov 08 2018 - 17:07, said:

They also said they would NEVER sell the mutant. Who to trust? :bajan:

again, i refrain from tinfoil. 

I trust logic and reason. the API presents data. that data matches with published data, which matches with in game experiences. Thus, i find no reason to doubt data that i have seen both attested to and verified. 

 

you on the other hand, have neither attestation nor verification. so if you wish to be all shiny and crinkle, i suggest you start by running some verifications of your own and post them here instead of your written diarrhea.



TheManFromKekistan #33 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 01:14

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 9 battles
  • 744
  • Member since:
    02-03-2017

View PostHurk, on Nov 08 2018 - 19:11, said:

again, i refrain from tinfoil. 

I trust logic and reason. the API presents data. that data matches with published data, which matches with in game experiences. Thus, i find no reason to doubt data that i have seen both attested to and verified. 

 

you on the other hand, have neither attestation nor verification. so if you wish to be all shiny and crinkle, i suggest you start by running some verifications of your own and post them here instead of your written diarrhea.

 

You seem pretty angry over me simply stating that if wg wanted to fudge the data on the api they could and there wouldn't be anything you could do about it other than notice oddness in game about it. I've made no claim they have done such a thing.

 

Maybe take a nap? :mellow:



Hurk #34 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 03:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 52075 battles
  • 17,325
  • [KGR] KGR
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012
what you do is called FUD propaganda.spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt. its insulting to people that actually care and do their do diligence. 

DEADTIME #35 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 13:38

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 10179 battles
  • 311
  • [CS7AO] CS7AO
  • Member since:
    04-03-2011
People who use tinfoil are such barbarians. It's all about cooking paper which makes everything crisp and tasty. Just had venison yesterday, a set of ribs slow cooked for a long time and the paper helped keep everything tasty. Carry on ya dirty animals.

Hurk #36 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 15:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 52075 battles
  • 17,325
  • [KGR] KGR
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

View PostDEADTIME, on Nov 09 2018 - 05:38, said:

People who use tinfoil are such barbarians. It's all about cooking paper which makes everything crisp and tasty. Just had venison yesterday, a set of ribs slow cooked for a long time and the paper helped keep everything tasty. Carry on ya dirty animals.

i was more leaning toward the concept of storage, however, i agree, there is a trick to using parchment paper to absorb and keep things nice and dry on the outside as they should be. 

but tin foil does have its uses. i would not want to try and grill salmon on your standard back yard grill without it, and the wire fish basket things stick to some fish very badly. olive oil and cracked pepper vegetables do well in a tin foil boat as well. 



Blackstone #37 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 16:22

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 16645 battles
  • 1,511
  • [-IGC-] -IGC-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011

It's ALUMINUM foil now, not TIN foil.

sheesh!



Hurk #38 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 16:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 52075 battles
  • 17,325
  • [KGR] KGR
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

View PostBlackstone, on Nov 09 2018 - 08:22, said:

It's ALUMINUM foil now, not TIN foil.

sheesh!

 

tin·foil
/ˈtinˌfoil/
noun
 
  1. foil made of aluminum or a similar silvery-gray metal, used especially for covering or wrapping food.


gideon_an #39 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 17:37

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 21795 battles
  • 567
  • [A_F_1] A_F_1
  • Member since:
    09-17-2016

View Post1919Eternal, on Nov 08 2018 - 13:14, said:

 

The fact that you mention the camo rating and hiding in the T30 tells me you are playing it wrong.   It does not have a good camo rating and you shouldn't be hiding at the back of the map sniping in a t30.  Your primary goal is to use your high alph/pen gun to take out the slower high hp/armored heavies, preferably hull down. 

 

You don't HAVE to hide. It is nice to have the option though.

It has 34.61% with 5/6 full camo, paint, net, and BIA. Solid enough to get in cheap shots.

- You can set up some pretty sweet ambushes and then brawl if you want.
- Flanks that fold due to RNG or bad playing if you get the first shot free you can generally hold them assuming your team hasn't totally flubbed it.
- Late game if you are hunting at a 3-4 on 1 handicap you can kill something relocate then set up the next trap.

You don't HAVE to hide but it sure makes it a lot harder to kill you when they can't even see you or know you are there.

Edited by gideon_an, Nov 09 2018 - 17:41.


SpectreHD #40 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 17:45

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 16592 battles
  • 16,800
  • [TT] TT
  • Member since:
    07-12-2010
The T30 would be better returned to its former position as a Tier X heavy. When we get something like the Polish Tier X, then we can have the T30 back to its former glory.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users