The Problem with 2 Loader Crew..

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

KingofDragons #1 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 05:49

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21490 battles

Running the ISU-122S that has 2 loaders... Big problem is that they will share 3 Perks that are not cumulative.. It's a waste of 100s of thousands of experience.. Also have no choice since we can not pick and choose who gets the Xp...

Is there some type of solution ?

JakeTheMystic #2 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 06:15

Captain

• Players
  • 21412 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS

Pick a different perk for each loader? I mean, how hard is that?

I've never encountered this problem on any tank except for one of my Russians heavies where one member has a perk that overlaps with the commander, so it doesn't matter. But thats because I use that crew among 4 or 5 tanks and they get so much xp I could care less. 

But the issue you seem to be describing could be really easily avoided I bet. 

RC_1140 #3 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 06:17

Major

• Players
  • 59361 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
BIA, Camo, Repairs, Firefighting, and Intuition stack so that leaves 2 that don't. To double up on those 2 you need 7 skills. At that point it doesn't really matter. 

KingofDragons #4 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 08:28

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21490 battles

So you dont think its a problem that both loaders will end up with some ( PERKs) that are not cumulative ? Hundreds of thousands of XP down the drain.. 

Both will end up with Adrenaline Rush /  Safe Storage which are not cumulative... Why not make them cumulative ?  Decrease reload time even more when having less than 10 % health left... Make safe storage even stronger..

One loader has Bia / Repairs / camo / firefighting / 98% Safe storage which would leave intuition and adrenaline R

Other has Bia / Adrenaline R / repairs / camo / Firefighting / 16% intuition which leaves Safe storage...

Its not like these skills cost the same XP... If they did i wouldn't care... But we are talking about thousands of games just for those final 2 Perks which don't even work till they are at 100%..

It's just an oversight on their part which should be addressed..

ElfMagi2 #5 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 09:10

Captain

• Players
  • 53092 battles
  • [AIMED] AIMED

ISU-122S is a premium tanks so who cares if the the skills overlap. You should be training your crew for other tanks while driving the ISU-122S anyway.

If it is a true problem for you then use a different loader from another tank that does not have the same perks.

Panman69 #6 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 11:10

Captain

• Players
  • 34669 battles
Although those perks may not be cumulative, they are still there. So, if you happen to lose 1 loader and can't heal them right-a-way, you still have use of those perks as they will now be coming from the still living loader. 

read_these_nikes #7 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 23:12

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16234 battles
they are re doing crew skills so just sit tight

Fly_Guy8791 #8 Posted Yesterday, 11:05 PM

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16054 battles

View PostPanman69, on Nov 08 2018 - 04:10, said:

Although those perks may not be cumulative, they are still there. So, if you happen to lose 1 loader and can't heal them right-a-way, you still have use of those perks as they will now be coming from the still living loader. 

Exactly. Every loader always gets safe stowage for this reason.

Nunya_000 #9 Posted Yesterday, 11:29 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21063 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostKingofDragons, on Nov 07 2018 - 23:28, said:

So you dont think its a problem that both loaders will end up with some ( PERKs) that are not cumulative ? Hundreds of thousands of XP down the drain.. 

Both will end up with Adrenaline Rush /  Safe Storage which are not cumulative... Why not make them cumulative ?  Decrease reload time even more when having less than 10 % health left... Make safe storage even stronger..

One loader has Bia / Repairs / camo / firefighting / 98% Safe storage which would leave intuition and adrenaline R

Other has Bia / Adrenaline R / repairs / camo / Firefighting / 16% intuition which leaves Safe storage...

Its not like these skills cost the same XP... If they did i wouldn't care... But we are talking about thousands of games just for those final 2 Perks which don't even work till they are at 100%..

It is an oversight.....but it is an oversight on your part.  Planning ahead can really provide benefits.

Besides, as others have said, you are still benefiting.  If one loader is killed, you do not lose the perk as long as the other one is unhurt.

FineousOrlon #10 Posted Today, 05:31 PM

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20787 battles

View PostKingofDragons, on Nov 08 2018 - 08:28, said:

They already have.  The redundancy is a good thing, that few people, relatively speaking, enjoy.  So, doing nothing is fine.

Spend 500 gold and make one loader into a commander, resetting his skills fully.  Boom, excellent start to a new tank.

Put any other established, but less-skilled loader in his place, and his experience will climb very quickly, with accelerated training on.  You could even start a 50%er or 75%er, and get things going quickly, but no BIA is a bummer after you have had it.  It is still workable, though, and free of monetary cost.

Swap loaders with any other tank, with relatively quick recovery, if retrained with credits.  That other tank now gets a boost, and may refocus who gets accelerated training on THAT tank.

The skill system is not perfect, but there is real benefit to highly skilled crew members, which, I appreciate.

RickEdwards #11 Posted Today, 05:39 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25557 battles
  • [NISHI] NISHI
The perk system should be reworked, not because of two loaders on some tanks, but because loader perks in general are fairly useless. Also, many perks on other roles are also basically useless, especially since you can now heal crew members multiple times and repair modules multiple times.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users