Remove Premium Rounds

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

d3xdt3_IRL #41 Posted Nov 11 2018 - 22:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8824 battles
  • [TOFC] TOFC
I've been playing this game for awhile and have found that premium rounds really do not improve battle performance.  In most cases, I don't even bother using them except in cases such as the t67 and hellcat due to the significant improvement in penetration.  Anyhow, I am a strong advocate for leaving premium rounds unchanged, but allowing a player to use any type of ammunition available for a particular caliber.  Of course, this would be restricted to those available by your nationality.  What I think should be implemented is significant accuracy modifiers for ammunition types.  As an example, HE or HEAT should have a 20 - 50% increase in dispersion values due to shell ballistics.  AP should be the base case with no modifier and APCR could have a slight increase in accuracy.  Anyhow, just my thought.

Ich_bin_Hass #42 Posted Yesterday, 05:48 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 76085 battles
  • [ALL] ALL

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Nov 08 2018 - 03:33, said:

Removing gold rounds is not the solution. Rather rebalancing all the other variables is. Things like RNG. Things like over buffed tanks. There are alot of things in this game that goes into needing to use gold rounds. Most better players either use them only when needed, or in curtain tanks, shoot nothing but them. This is due to the fact that RNG is the biggest problem with the game. You can have all the skill, but RNG will still mess with you. 

Also taking out ALL third party combat mods. When they started coming online was when the major problems started. Especially the Warpack mods. The XVM mod packs were bad enough. But Warpack is sheer MURDER.

Ich_bin_Hass #43 Posted Yesterday, 05:51 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 76085 battles
  • [ALL] ALL

View Postd3xdt3_IRL, on Nov 11 2018 - 15:45, said:

I've been playing this game for awhile and have found that premium rounds really do not improve battle performance.  In most cases, I don't even bother using them except in cases such as the t67 and hellcat due to the significant improvement in penetration.  Anyhow, I am a strong advocate for leaving premium rounds unchanged, but allowing a player to use any type of ammunition available for a particular caliber.  Of course, this would be restricted to those available by your nationality.  What I think should be implemented is significant accuracy modifiers for ammunition types.  As an example, HE or HEAT should have a 20 - 50% increase in dispersion values due to shell ballistics.  AP should be the base case with no modifier and APCR could have a slight increase in accuracy.  Anyhow, just my thought.

I use them when I see I'm down two tiers. Because in those instances your regular rounds won't pen even the weak spots on those medium, Heavy or TD's that are two tiers above you. Let alone those gift tanks like the obj 907 and the OP'd Russian premium heavies.

Were you ever even in the military ? HE has already dispersion factor in the game. Heat, APCR and AP Have the same charge. So the ballistics are the same with VERY little variance. They have a very FLAT trajectory. Where as the HE rounds arches to it's target. You may have seen how with HE loaded, your sight Reticle won't match up to your aiming point sometimes.

Edited by Ich_bin_Hass, Yesterday, 05:59 PM.

RickEdwards #44 Posted Today, 04:03 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25557 battles
  • [NISHI] NISHI

View PostIch_bin_Hass, on Nov 12 2018 - 17:51, said:

I use them when I see I'm down two tiers. Because in those instances your regular rounds won't pen even the weak spots on those medium, Heavy or TD's that are two tiers above you. Let alone those gift tanks like the obj 907 and the OP'd Russian premium heavies.

Were you ever even in the military ? HE has already dispersion factor in the game. Heat, APCR and AP Have the same charge. So the ballistics are the same with VERY little variance. They have a very FLAT trajectory. Where as the HE rounds arches to it's target. You may have seen how with HE loaded, your sight Reticle won't match up to your aiming point sometimes.

I believe the arcs for the shells has to do with how slow they have the shells in the game, which is very slow compared to actual tank shells... I assume they do this because with realistic velocities, especially at tier 10, there would be little to no leading required and would honestly make the game bland and make sniping way too easy. So it is more for game balance.

As for using them when you are two tiers down; yes, that is what they should be for, not for a tier 10 to shoot at another tier 10, or even a tier 8 or 9 in some cases. It just makes the game favor mobility and firepower; which is realistic, but at the same time, if you're going to put heavies at top tier along with mediums, you can't really be realistic with it and armor needs to actually be as useful as mobility or firepower.

DerJager #45 Posted Today, 07:37 AM

Major

• Players
  • 4164 battles
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR

Apologies for the late reply, been busy with work.

In any case, the entire point is that premium rounds mess with game balancing by changing one of the central pivots for balance. They do this without question, statistical impact on win rate being entirely irrelevant to the conversion.

More pen = more vulnerable points = more OPPORTUNITIES to do damage. Whether the vast majority of players or are skilled enough to make appropriate use of them is irrelevant.

Assuming both players are of moderate competency with aiming, it frequently turns into a straight out DPM contest. Which is stupid.

Yes it will be suck to be a light tank for a bit. But you'll have to put up and deal while the game is rebalaced and maps are improved. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users