Problem with credits earned

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

rhinohide_xXx #1 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 10:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 22975 battles
  • [-GSL-] -GSL-

In M53/M55.  I fired 5 shots.  Won the battle, I finished 6th on my team in damage and experience.  Got destroyed.

I LOST $1,142 virtual bucks.  Doesnt seem correct.  This version is too light on money earned. 

You, being WG and wanting everyong to buy a premium, might say "well, if you had a premium you'd have earned $9,825 bucks.   I usually do have a premium account, however, I am tired of the mechanism whereby the premium days tick off whether you play the game or not.  As a consumer of your service, I would rather buy HOURS of premium, then have them click off as I use them.  Often I am not able to play the game for several days at a time and the current mechanism clicks off the premium days no matter what. 

the_Deadly_Bulb #2 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 10:16

Major

• Players
  • 22546 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

The REAL problem with credits earned?

You can't use them to buy hookers and beer!

kebab6597 #3 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 11:04

Major

• Players
  • 55966 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
You need to do very well fairly consistently at the higher tiers to make a decent profit without a premium account, the game economy was meant to be that way to encourage people to either buy premium tanks/time or play the lower to mid tiers to make credits so its working as intended

rhinohide_xXx #4 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 11:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 22975 battles
  • [-GSL-] -GSL-

"The REAL problem with credits earned?

You can't use them to buy hookers and beer! "

You got me there.

ArmorStorm #5 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 12:13

Major

• Players
  • 35467 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View Postrhinohide_xXx, on Nov 08 2018 - 03:04, said:

In M53/M55.  I fired 5 shots.  Won the battle, I finished 6th on my team in damage and experience.  Got destroyed.

I LOST $1,142 virtual bucks.  Doesnt seem correct.  This version is too light on money earned. 

You, being WG and wanting everyong to buy a premium, might say "well, if you had a premium you'd have earned $9,825 bucks.   I usually do have a premium account, however, I am tired of the mechanism whereby the premium days tick off whether you play the game or not.  As a consumer of your service, I would rather buy HOURS of premium, then have them click off as I use them.  Often I am not able to play the game for several days at a time and the current mechanism clicks off the premium days no matter what. 

1.  You are supposed to have a hard time sustaining credits at high tiers, forcing you to either pay for premium or play lower tiers to build up credits.

2.  Yes, I would like my cable to only charge me when I watch it, and my internet, my cell service, my auto insurance (in fact, why must I have two policies if I'm the only driver and I have two vehicles...I can only drive one at a time!)...I have played games like WoW and Everquest that have monthly subscriptions, whether I played or not.  That is just life.

GenPanzer #6 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 14:08

Major

• Players
  • 39926 battles

View Postrhinohide_xXx, on Nov 08 2018 - 04:04, said:

Boosters are the equivalent of premium time. Use them when you can/want.

Nunya_000 #7 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 15:29

Major

• Players
  • 21063 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Postrhinohide_xXx, on Nov 08 2018 - 01:04, said:

If you can not play for days at a time, then buy your premium time "by the day".  Over the long run, it will be cheaper for you.

the_dude_76 #8 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 15:41

Major

• Players
  • 32345 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

.  As a consumer of your service, I would rather buy HOURS of premium, then have them click off as I use them.  

You can do that now, as mentioned above they're called boosters and are sold in the premium shop...

Almighty_Johnson #9 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 15:44

Captain

• -Players-
  • 22235 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Postrhinohide_xXx, on Nov 08 2018 - 04:04, said:

I have a premium account.  On top of that, I tend (most of the time) to run a credit booster as well.

Short of that, it pretty much takes a Tier 8 Premium tank to grind for cash if you find yourself in a negative cash flow.

(and FWIW, I tend to just break even in arty for the most part......)

dunniteowl #10 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 18:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 22618 battles

Did you get kills?  Did you get Penetrations as hits?  Did you splash, get tracking or stun damage?

All these things add in.  You fired 5 rounds, you say, but you don't provide the details to the amount of damage in any form you got.

Look, I play a LOT of Arty.  A LOT.  I have never lost credits playing SPGs.  Playing my AT-2, however, I have lost credits in three matches I know of, all of which I was bottom tier and went against either many opponents of two tiers up from me and had to fire Gold Rounds to even pen.

Artillery shells need to be re-priced, that much is certain.  They cut the damage AND pen at least in Half for all SPGs, even those that don't get Stun and yet, the price of the shells remains fairy excessively high, even compared to tanks using the same gun (howitzer or Derp guns) on Tanks that use the exact same shell type.  That DOES need to change.

In your case, though, just firing five rounds shouldn't result in a loss of credits on a win -- unless you didn't do very much damage with those rounds.  A screen shot of your Detailed Report would help clear that up.

OvO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users