Why do players leave their home cap area when needed there?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

BRDubbs #1 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 18:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 18707 battles

I have been noticing more and more, with close matches, when the enemy is closing in on our cap area, players will decide that is a great time to head over to the enemy cap circle and leave ours at home undefended.  It baffles me.  I was just in a close fight, playing tier 7 Crusader SP arty.  We had a French AMX light at our cap circle and I had unobstructed fire on the circle and area.  Most of my team was advancing on the enemy cap, and the teams were about even in numbers of tanks left.  The enemy had 3 or 4 tanks somewhere near our circle and we knew pretty much where they were.  Suddenly the AMX ran away from our cap, in the direction where the enemy was NOT.  As he left our cap area, the first enemy started capping.  He didn't come back but headed on over to the enemy cap with NO chance of doing any good over there.  He didn't chase arty.  He didn't do anything but go into the enemy cap and die.  I sadly watched the rest of my team die as our circle was taken by three enemies.

TDRHooRaH #2 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 18:09

Major

• Players
  • 23413 battles
The drool factor.

_1204_ #3 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 18:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 706 battles
I think it's safe to say people aren't smart and leave it at that

pafman #4 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 18:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34746 battles
  • [-_-] -_-

View PostBRDubbs, on Nov 08 2018 - 18:04, said:

I have been noticing more and more, with close matches, when the enemy is closing in on our cap area, players will decide that is a great time to head over to the enemy cap circle and leave ours at home undefended.  It baffles me.  I was just in a close fight, playing tier 7 Crusader SP arty.  We had a French AMX light at our cap circle and I had unobstructed fire on the circle and area.  Most of my team was advancing on the enemy cap, and the teams were about even in numbers of tanks left.  The enemy had 3 or 4 tanks somewhere near our circle and we knew pretty much where they were.  Suddenly the AMX ran away from our cap, in the direction where the enemy was NOT.  As he left our cap area, the first enemy started capping.  He didn't come back but headed on over to the enemy cap with NO chance of doing any good over there.  He didn't chase arty.  He didn't do anything but go into the enemy cap and die.  I sadly watched the rest of my team die as our circle was taken by three enemies.

why didn't you go reset?

ca009877 #5 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 18:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 41574 battles
Who knows?  A lot of battles are lost because the team members do movements that arent proven with the history of the map.  Like no one goes to the magic forest or up into the north or south hills. Or maybe more than half attack a hill and leave another flank wide open.  Or my favorite...watch almost entire team go one side and stop.

Mojo_Riesing #6 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 18:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18041 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

I think most of this goes to the nature of a Random battle.  There isn't 1 caller looking at overall strategy..there's 15 of them.  At least a third of those will actually know what to do, most of the rest of use would appreciate that knowledge but...who's to know which one it is?

Unfortunately also there's as many variations on how and when to cap as there are players.  A match i was in recently...was pretty pitched and while even, out side was in less of a good position (i think we were like 5 against 6). Two of our players capped, but at some point one of the cappers didn't want to anymore...and then decided to push the other guy OFF cap.  Eventually the pushee got fed up, and teamkilled the pusher.  This put us at like 2 to 4 players.  Luckily our "teamkiller" was in a TD in good position and picked off attackers as they came in.  Game ended victory but 2 tanks to our one on cap.

To cap or not cap...everyone knows what's best but don't agree. That is the problem with Random matches.

Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #7 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 18:53

Major

• Players
  • 76717 battles
It's one of the greatest mysteries in the universe. It's right up there with tanks heading to the beach/valley/ice road.

Brynar #8 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 18:55

Private

• -Players-
  • 1850 battles
Like yesterday, I had a half dozen of my team mates rush up the hill on Mines only to start camping. They were all one big green blob on the mini map. Needless to say, they were picked off by a few arty rounds. Pathetic to watch.

Hurk #9 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 19:16

Major

• Players
  • 52113 battles
  • [KGR] KGR

View PostBRDubbs, on Nov 08 2018 - 10:04, said:

the players that camp base have already lost the game anyway. they just move out of the way for the enemy team so they can continue being useless for the entire match duration. 

Youdda #10 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 20:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 60257 battles
With all the missions going on right now, it is possible that some players are not interested in winning. The only thing they care about is whatever mission they are currently working on. Maybe he needed to kill a certain type of tank that he knew would be over near the other cap. Or some other mission goal.

the_Deadly_Bulb #11 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:44

Major

• Players
  • 22595 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostBrynar, on Nov 08 2018 - 09:55, said:

Like yesterday, I had a half dozen of my team mates rush up the hill on Mines only to start camping. They were all one big green blob on the mini map. Needless to say, they were picked off by a few arty rounds. Pathetic to watch.

LOL

I have seen that one too.

While the hill on mines is a strategic place to 'own', it doesn't require "everyone head on up to circlejerk hill ". Owning the hill alone won't win you the match if you literally leave the rest of the map wide open. When this happens it just becomes the hill to die on.

Especially with competent OPFOR arty.

Isola_di_Fano #12 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:47

Major

• Players
  • 22027 battles

OP,

The real question is more like, why are you surprised ?

13Jake55 #13 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 22:10

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16835 battles
Missions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users