Shell loading bug HE shells

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

dnaman #1 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 20:59

Captain

• Players
  • 30317 battles
  • [DBLTG] DBLTG

So I once again was playing a game and the game switched to HE for me without me giving it any input.  I was engaged in a firefight with the enemy tanks, didn’t push any number buttons, but found my next shell was an HE round after I’d been firing normal ammo.  I sent the replay to CS with the time stamp describing what I see in the replay and I get back the answer that it switched to HE because I had queued it...  I just explained that I didn’t.  They then want me to run the check tool, which I’ve done many times before so they can them tell me I queued the shell because there is nothing wrong with the install.  

To be blunt, I’m tired of the back and forth.  So, to skip some of that, who else here has seen this particular bug?

Nunya_000 #2 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:02

Major

• Players
  • 21063 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Postdnaman, on Nov 08 2018 - 11:59, said:

So I once again was playing a game and the game switched to HE for me without me giving it any input.  I was engaged in a firefight with the enemy tanks, didn’t push any number buttons, but found my next shell was an HE round after I’d been firing normal ammo.  I sent the replay to CS with the time stamp describing what I see in the replay and I get back the answer that it switched to HE because I had queued it...  I just explained that I didn’t.  They then want me to run the check tool, which I’ve done many times before so they can them tell me I queued the shell because there is nothing wrong with the install.  

To be blunt, I’m tired of the back and forth.  So, to skip some of that, who else here has seen this particular bug?

Do you have the skill on your loader that automatically switches to the round he thinks would be best (Intuition)?

Could you have accidentally hit the "3" key?

I have only see one other person complain about the same thing on this forum.....come to find out he had "Intuition" on his loader.

gmotoman #3 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:03

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20946 battles

Someone mentioned similar a few weeks...

I found the link but I didn't read it all maybe some of your qquestions might get answered there.

My guess and it is a total guess,...does your loader have "INTUITION" perk?

http://forum.worldof...h#entry11813936

_1204_ #4 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 700 battles

View PostNunya_000, on Nov 08 2018 - 21:02, said:

Do you have the skill on your loader that automatically switches to the round he thinks would be best?

Could you have accidentally hit the "3" key?

I'm pretty sure that the description for that skill was just personifying the loader, and you have to swap the shell types yourself, it just sometimes happens automatically. (17 and 34% chance for one or two loaders with the perk). However I've never used it so dont flame me if I'm wrong.

OP, either your 3 key is broken or you ran out of AP. Highly unlikely you tank just picked a random shell

Bolted_On #5 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 61801 battles
  • [PSYCO] PSYCO
I've had it happen many times over the course of 6 years, but it's not a frequent occurrence.  And no, the tanks it happened on did NOT have the "intuition" perk, nor did I hit the 3 key.   I just chalked it up to a game bug or that I accidentally hit the 3 key and never realized it.  

Nunya_000 #6 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:10

Major

• Players
  • 21063 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Post_1204_, on Nov 08 2018 - 12:05, said:

I'm pretty sure that the description for that skill was just personifying the loader, and you have to swap the shell types yourself, it just sometimes happens automatically. (17 and 34% chance for one or two loaders with the perk). However I've never used it so dont flame me if I'm wrong.

OP, either your 3 key is broken or you ran out of AP. Highly unlikely you tank just picked a random shell

Block Quote

The Intuition Perk creates a 17% chance that the Loader will magically and instantly switch the shell type to the best choice for doing damage, regardless of whether the gun was loaded and ready to fire or in the middle of the loading process. 

I've never used it either, but wiki says he will do it automatically......and *gasp*....magically.

_1204_ #7 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:12

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 700 battles

View PostNunya_000, on Nov 08 2018 - 21:10, said:

I've never used it either, but wiki says he will do it automatically......and *gasp*....magically.

Actually the opposite. The wiki claims the shells are not swapped automatically and you have to do it yourself.

Feel free to argue while I go copy/paste

164thLeichteAfrikaDiv #8 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:13

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12616 battles
  • [GSH] GSH
Has happened to me periodically through the years. For that reason i have never trained intuition. Also i stopped loading HE in many tanks because of this.

_1204_ #9 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:15

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 700 battles

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Crew

Note, that the perk will only take effect if you yourself switch ammo types, it will not do so automatically on its own.

dnaman #10 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:16

Captain

• Players
  • 30317 battles
  • [DBLTG] DBLTG
Do NOT have the perk, absolutely sure I didn’t hit the 3 key.  Kind of maddening as it’s not a frequent bug but in instances like this one, I didn’t get the one shot finish that I would have with a normal round and then got killed instead shortly after.  Game was probably a bust anyway, but still it’s maddneing.

the_Deadly_Bulb #11 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:17

Major

• Players
  • 22567 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Post_1204_, on Nov 08 2018 - 12:12, said:

Actually the opposite. The wiki claims the shells are not swapped automatically and you have to do it yourself.

Feel free to argue while I go copy/paste

No need, I grew tired of waiting.

Here's what the wiki says (cut and paste).

The Intuition Perk creates a 17% chance that the Loader will magically and instantly switch the shell type to the best choice for doing damage, regardless of whether the gun was loaded and ready to fire or in the middle of the loading process. The effect of this Perk is cumulative, so if a vehicle has two Loaders and both Loaders have this Perk then the chance for a switch will increase by 34%. The Perk only works if more than one ammo shell type is on-board and available. After the Perk takes effect, the gun must be completely reloaded before it can take effect again.

Find this here http://wiki.wargaming.net/es/Crew#Perks

DomoSapien #12 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:18

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 13751 battles
  • [WGA] WGA
Having briefly run the intuition perk before realizing that I'm much better off running something that works all the time instead of having a chance of working a fraction of the time (with no guarantee that it'll work when I need it to):

Intuition will 'automatically' go off sometimes when you switch a shell type. Say you have an AP round loaded, or you're halfway done reloading an AP round, and you double-tap the 2 key. You'll hear a ding, see a little message saying that your intuition skill just worked, and your APCR shell will already be loaded (or it'll switch without resetting your reload timer if you're in the middle of reloading).

That said, the reason support asks for your check tool is because this is always step 1 for any and all tech support inquiries. It lets us know if you're running any mods, and it gives us error logs which might indicate what happened. To avoid this step in the future, a good habit to get into is to simply attach a WGCheck report when you submit your ticket. If you've got any keyboard macros set up that might be the culprit as well.

dnaman #13 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:18

Captain

• Players
  • 30317 battles
  • [DBLTG] DBLTG
Note:  as you can see in the signature, I’ve played over 30,000 games and I’ve only seen it a few handful of times at most, but still...

dnaman #14 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:19

Captain

• Players
  • 30317 battles
  • [DBLTG] DBLTG

View PostDomoSapien, on Nov 08 2018 - 13:18, said:

Having briefly run the intuition perk before realizing that I'm much better off running something that works all the time instead of having a chance of working a fraction of the time (with no guarantee that it'll work when I need it to):

Intuition will 'automatically' go off sometimes when you switch a shell type. Say you have an AP round loaded, or you're halfway done reloading an AP round, and you double-tap the 2 key. You'll hear a ding, see a little message saying that your intuition skill just worked, and your APCR shell will already be loaded (or it'll switch without resetting your reload timer if you're in the middle of reloading).

That said, the reason support asks for your check tool is because this is always step 1 for any and all tech support inquiries. It lets us know if you're running any mods, and it gives us error logs which might indicate what happened. To avoid this step in the future, a good habit to get into is to simply attach a WGCheck report when you submit your ticket. If you've got any keyboard macros set up that might be the culprit as well.

I don’t run any macros.  

_1204_ #15 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 700 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Nov 08 2018 - 21:17, said:

No need, I grew tired of waiting.

Here's what the wiki says (cut and paste).

The Intuition Perk creates a 17% chance that the Loader will magically and instantly switch the shell type to the best choice for doing damage, regardless of whether the gun was loaded and ready to fire or in the middle of the loading process. The effect of this Perk is cumulative, so if a vehicle has two Loaders and both Loaders have this Perk then the chance for a switch will increase by 34%. The Perk only works if more than one ammo shell type is on-board and available. After the Perk takes effect, the gun must be completely reloaded before it can take effect again.

You left out the last sentence... no worries, I quoted it above!:great:

Bad_Oedipus #16 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:22

Captain

• -Players-
  • 40079 battles
  • [PL1AD] PL1AD
Happens to me all the time... I pres 4 button to fix tracks, nothing happens. I hit 5 button, it fixes my tracks but doesn't heal my crew.  My next round is HE.  Doesn't work on Type 5 Hefty cause I have only two types of shells.

the_Deadly_Bulb #17 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:22

Major

• Players
  • 22567 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Post_1204_, on Nov 08 2018 - 12:21, said:

You left out the last sentence... no worries, I quoted it above!:great:

No I didn't.

Use the link and see for yourself

it was direct and completely cut and pasted from the table describing the perks.

_1204_ #18 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 700 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Nov 08 2018 - 21:22, said:

No I didn't.

Use the link and see for yourself

it was direct and completely cut and pasted from the table describing the perks.

that's WIERD. My link, http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Crew says something different than yours, which lists the perks, says.

Click my link and look at the last sentence of intuition

the_Deadly_Bulb #19 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:30

Major

• Players
  • 22567 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Post_1204_, on Nov 08 2018 - 12:29, said:

that's WIERD. My link, http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Crew says something different than yours, which lists the perks, says.

IKR!

I did and now we may never know.

Which wiki is the wiki?

Damn you WG!

:honoring:

From my personal exp it does change without warning or user input.

I no longer use it, sometimes I find I don't agree with the 'loader'

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Nov 08 2018 - 21:33.

Nunya_000 #20 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:33

Major

• Players
  • 21063 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Post_1204_, on Nov 08 2018 - 12:29, said:

Yep...I see that sentence as well.  However, I guessing there is a little something lost in translation, as then what would be the purpose of the perk if you have to switch round yourself?  It is also in conflict with the first sentence.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users