Jump to content


Automatically switched to HE shells

Shell loading bug HE shells

  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Dockmaster #21 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:48

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 42840 battles
  • 5,308
  • [ACES] ACES
  • Member since:
    01-23-2011

View PostNunya_000, on Nov 08 2018 - 13:02, said:

 

 

Could you have accidentally hit the "3" key?

 

 

 

I wish I had a dime for every time my fat fingers have hit the "3" key in the heat of battle only to see a one shot kill do 60 HP damage



Nunya_000 #22 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 22:04

    Major

  • Players
  • 21063 battles
  • 13,040
  • [PACNW] PACNW
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013

View PostDockmaster, on Nov 08 2018 - 12:48, said:

 

I wish I had a dime for every time my fat fingers have hit the "3" key in the heat of battle only to see a one shot kill do 60 HP damage

 

Same here.  With the "3" key being right above the "W" key, it would be very easy for someone to accidentally hit the "3" key without even knowing it......or maybe even having some bit of "lunch" that wedged between those 2 keys.

Hurk #23 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 22:13

    Major

  • Players
  • 52075 battles
  • 17,325
  • [KGR] KGR
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

The Wiki is updated/corrected:

 

The Intuition Perk creates a 17% chance that the Loader will instantly switch the shell type to the type you choose. This switch will not reset the reload timer, and if the shell was already loaded, it will remain so. The effect of this Perk is cumulative, so if a vehicle has two Loaders and both Loaders have this Perk then the chance for a switch will increase by 34%. The Perk only works if more than one ammo shell type is on-board and available. After the Perk takes effect, the gun must be completely reloaded before it can take effect again.



The_Ice_Cream_Man_ #24 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 22:46

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 24006 battles
  • 975
  • Member since:
    01-13-2017

View Postdnaman, on Nov 08 2018 - 20:59, said:

So I once again was playing a game and the game switched to HE for me without me giving it any input.  I was engaged in a firefight with the enemy tanks, didn’t push any number buttons, but found my next shell was an HE round after I’d been firing normal ammo.  I sent the replay to CS with the time stamp describing what I see in the replay and I get back the answer that it switched to HE because I had queued it...  I just explained that I didn’t.  They then want me to run the check tool, which I’ve done many times before so they can them tell me I queued the shell because there is nothing wrong with the install.  

 

To be blunt, I’m tired of the back and forth.  So, to skip some of that, who else here has seen this particular bug?

 

Its a bug, happens to me when i get hit sometimes, often by arty shell.  I dont have that useless crew skill so its a bug.

GeorgePreddy #25 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 23:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 14345 battles
  • 10,003
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG
  • Member since:
    04-11-2013

View PostNunya_000, on Nov 08 2018 - 17:33, said:

 

Yep...I see that sentence as well.  However, I guessing there is a little something lost in translation, as then what would be the purpose of the perk if you have to switch round yourself?  It is also in conflict with the first sentence.

 

The purpose is to load the selected round instantly. If your tank has a long reload time, and you switch ammo types often, this perk can be very valuable.

 

 

 

 

 



RC_1140 #26 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 23:42

    Major

  • Players
  • 59387 battles
  • 2,111
  • [OTTER] OTTER
  • Member since:
    06-13-2013

I've used intuition a lot and it's never triggered on its own, only when I switch ammo types.

 

Oh, and sometimes I switch to HE when trying to use my repair kit and its either large or on cooldown.


Edited by RC_1140, Nov 08 2018 - 23:43.


Ndtm #27 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 23:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 17376 battles
  • 4,066
  • Member since:
    05-01-2012

View PostNunya_000, on Nov 08 2018 - 21:10, said:

I've never used it either, but wiki says he will do it automatically......and *gasp*....magically.

 

Hmm..

 

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Crew#Perks

 The Intuition Perk creates a 17% chance that the Loader will instantly switch the shell type to the type you choose. This switch will not reset the reload timer, and if the shell was already loaded, it will remain so. The effect of this Perk is cumulative, so if a vehicle has two Loaders and both Loaders have this Perk then the chance for a switch will increase by 34%. The Perk only works if more than one ammo shell type is on-board and available. After the Perk takes effect, the gun must be completely reloaded before it can take effect again

 

It does exactly what it says it does, you know how you have to reload your gun when you switch to another ammo type? well, if intuition triggers it'll remove that specific reload time (the gun has to be ready to fire though, it's not like you can somehow use it to fire more shots than your reload would allow you)

 



Nunya_000 #28 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 00:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 21063 battles
  • 13,040
  • [PACNW] PACNW
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013

View PostNdtm, on Nov 08 2018 - 14:43, said:

 

Hmm..

 

 

It does exactly what it says it does, you know how you have to reload your gun when you switch to another ammo type? well, if intuition triggers it'll remove that specific reload time (the gun has to be ready to fire though, it's not like you can somehow use it to fire more shots than your reload would allow you)

 

 

Ahhh... I think I understand the perk now.  The loader doesn't say "I think He would work better against this tank" and fires HE, even though you have AP loaded (as I said, never used it).  It is basically a case where you have AP loaded and YOU think "HE would work better" and hit "3".....the loader replaced the AP with HE instantly.

 

I guess I always misunderstood how the perk worked, that is why I have never used it.  I always thought the loader was deciding the type of round to use....and I was not warm and fuzzy about a guy made up of pixels making decisions for me.



Pipinghot #29 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 00:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 25960 battles
  • 8,845
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    11-20-2011

View PostHurk, on Nov 08 2018 - 16:13, said:

The Wiki is updated/corrected:

 

The Intuition Perk creates a 17% chance that the Loader will instantly switch the shell type to the type you choose.

This^^

 

It's strange that this myth keeps persisting on the forums. The Intuition perk has never been automatic, it can only happen if the player presses the button to change ammo types.

 

Bottom line: If your tank switches to a different type of ammo, you pressed the button (even if you don't realize it).



Sparkster23 #30 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 00:21

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 24877 battles
  • 342
  • [SPK] SPK
  • Member since:
    10-10-2010

View Post164thLeichteAfrikaDiv, on Nov 08 2018 - 15:13, said:

Has happened to me periodically through the years. For that reason i have never trained intuition. Also i stopped loading HE in many tanks because of this.

that don't work, you still get "critical hit" as if your using HE. It's either a bug or deliberate manipulation kind of like when the kill shot leaves enemy on 1 HP



Hurk #31 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 01:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 52075 battles
  • 17,325
  • [KGR] KGR
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

View PostPipinghot, on Nov 08 2018 - 16:05, said:

This^^

It's strange that this myth keeps persisting on the forums. The Intuition perk has never been automatic, it can only happen if the player presses the button to change ammo types.

Bottom line: If your tank switches to a different type of ammo, you pressed the button (even if you don't realize it).

i literally just corrected the wiki today. it did say it was magic and picked the best shell this morning. 



Nunya_000 #32 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 02:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 21063 battles
  • 13,040
  • [PACNW] PACNW
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013

View PostHurk, on Nov 08 2018 - 16:03, said:

i literally just corrected the wiki today. it did say it was magic and picked the best shell this morning. 

 

Thanks for doing that.  I have 20k battles and completely misunderstood how the perk worked based on the wiki wording.  It might actually be useful.

 

Old Wording:

 

Block Quote

The Intuition Perk creates a 17% chance that the Loader will magically and instantly switch the shell type to the best choice for doing damage, regardless of whether the gun was loaded and ready to fire or in the middle of the loading process. 

 

New Wording:

 

Block Quote

The Intuition Perk creates a 17% chance that the Loader will instantly switch the shell type to the type you choose. This switch will not reset the reload timer, and if the shell was already loaded, it will remain so. 

 



Nunya_000 #33 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 02:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 21063 battles
  • 13,040
  • [PACNW] PACNW
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013

..

 



Tedster_ #34 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 03:34

    Major

  • Players
  • 40805 battles
  • 4,447
  • [200IQ] 200IQ
  • Member since:
    09-25-2011
I only used Intuition on the 261, T92, and M44.  those crews still have it because there's nothing better to put on them and I don't want to spend the gold to retrain, even though they no longer have AP/HEAT 

Hurk #35 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 03:42

    Major

  • Players
  • 52075 battles
  • 17,325
  • [KGR] KGR
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

View PostTedster_, on Nov 08 2018 - 19:34, said:

I only used Intuition on the 261, T92, and M44.  those crews still have it because there's nothing better to put on them and I don't want to spend the gold to retrain, even though they no longer have AP/HEAT 

thats just silly... and stupid. especially on tier 10 crews. 



Pipinghot #36 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 03:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 25960 battles
  • 8,845
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    11-20-2011

View PostHurk, on Nov 08 2018 - 19:03, said:

View PostPipinghot, on Nov 08 2018 - 16:05, said:

This^^

It's strange that this myth keeps persisting on the forums. The Intuition perk has never been automatic, it can only happen if the player presses the button to change ammo types.

Bottom line: If your tank switches to a different type of ammo, you pressed the button (even if you don't realize it).

i literally just corrected the wiki today. it did say it was magic and picked the best shell this morning. 

That must have been the result of shenanigans by people messing with the wiki, right from the very beginning it has always been clear the Intuition only responds to player key presses.



Nunya_000 #37 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 04:34

    Major

  • Players
  • 21063 battles
  • 13,040
  • [PACNW] PACNW
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013

View PostPipinghot, on Nov 08 2018 - 18:43, said:

That must have been the result of shenanigans by people messing with the wiki, right from the very beginning it has always been clear the Intuition only responds to player key presses.

 

Then it was changed in wiki prior to 2013 when I started playing.  One thing I am good at is research, and I researched all the skills/perks prior as I advanced my crews.  I was always under the impression that the loader decided when to switch rounds and....being the control freak that I am.....that was THE reason I decided I never wanted that perk.

AnimeCrusader_XVM #38 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 07:01

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 17367 battles
  • 431
  • Member since:
    04-06-2012
I dont understand the problem, i only use HE  its an extremely good ammo type since it does damage every single time 

Tedster_ #39 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 15:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 40805 battles
  • 4,447
  • [200IQ] 200IQ
  • Member since:
    09-25-2011

View PostHurk, on Nov 08 2018 - 21:42, said:

thats just silly... and stupid. especially on tier 10 crews. 

 

There's nothing that i could put on my loaders that would actually be useful to make me want to spend 200 gold to retrain them.  they already have camo, repairs, BIA, safe stowage/adrenaline rush.  Firefighting isn't going to do anything for me, and they don't have radio operator skills to take.

Hurk #40 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 15:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 52075 battles
  • 17,325
  • [KGR] KGR
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

might i suggest moving those crews to other vehicles then, and starting or using others with less. 

im almost constantly faced with the opposite problem. Arty crews are notoriously low on skills due to the poor exp per match vs the rest of my tanks, so i steal crews from whatever line i have the most premium tanks in to train up a new one. 






2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users