Why do bad players refuse to listen to the advice of good players?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
121 replies to this topic

AngryFleshlight4482 #1 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12 battles
 It's always the tomatoes screaming at their teams for being bad and not pushing with them. When will these players realize that when they are told that their play was wrong and it's entirely their fault that they died early in the match, that the better players on their team are right? This community is so toxic because bad players don't want to listen to good players and blaming the good players while the good players get mad at the bad plays bad players make... Why does it seem that only a small portion of the community are rational and sensible and the other part believes that the game is out to get them or the good players who don't die immediately, don't die because they are pansies or something... it's somewhat astonishing  logic of the average tomato on this game.

NiteDog #2 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:13

Major

• Players
  • 27531 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
12 battles? Really? Maybe with your superior skill at only 12 games, you can add a thread that helps players improve instead of adding to the continued weight of Redundant, Whiny Threads. 

_1204_ #3 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 700 battles

I mean me personally... I dont think I am going to take advice in a tank I have hundreds of games in from anybody named AngryFleshlight.

Maybe it's just me

JEDI_RespectingWhamen #4 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:20

Captain

• -Players-
  • 18260 battles

View Post_1204_, on Nov 08 2018 - 12:17, said:

I mean me personally... I dont think I am going to take advice in a tank I have hundreds of games in from anybody named AngryFleshlight.

Maybe it's just me

LOL.

gmotoman #5 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:21

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20946 battles

because about 65% of the good players in this game lack the social skills to give advice without being giant tools.    I have played this game hard for the last year.  And I can count on 2 hands the number of people that have given solid OBJECTIVE advice w/o being rude.   If you ask for advice, ask it on the forums then filter through the answers. You will get a mix of the following....
1. funny try to be funny comments

2. Advice given but will crucify you through stat shaming.
3. Solid advice given about

And you will notice if you keep asking questions the same people will keep giving you the good advice.  Watch those guys and listen to what they say. 

DomoSapien #6 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:22

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 13751 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Post_1204_, on Nov 08 2018 - 14:17, said:

Maybe it's just me

^ this is hilarious and probably true to a degree.

Also, though, I've found that a little bit of sugar gets you a lot further than vineagar. Namely, human nature generally dictates that folks aren't receptive to criticism from strangers.

To account for this it helps to be extra polite. Start off with a compliment or a "hey man, sorry you had a rough game. I always hate when X happens too" then follow up with some tips or a friend request and an invitation to platoon up sometime.

This actually works for people who send you hate mail, more often than not, as well. I usually end up winning folks over and making new friends when I have a PM with some choice words waiting for me in garage after battle.

KingofDragons #7 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:38

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21490 battles
Hard to shed that red as u get better and have lots of games..

the_Deadly_Bulb #8 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:38

Major

• Players
  • 22567 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Post_1204_, on Nov 08 2018 - 12:17, said:

Maybe it's just me

View PostDomoSapien, on Nov 08 2018 - 12:22, said:

^ this is hilarious and probably true to a degree.

Also, though, I've found that a little bit of sugar gets you a lot further than vineagar. Namely, human nature generally dictates that folks aren't receptive to criticism from strangers.

To account for this it helps to be extra polite. Start off with a compliment or a "hey man, sorry you had a rough game. I always hate when X happens too" then follow up with some tips or a friend request and an invitation to platoon up sometime.

This actually works for people who send you hate mail, more often than not, as well. I usually end up winning folks over and making new friends when I have a PM with some choice words waiting for me in garage after battle.

^

Valid points.

Joe150 #9 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 24361 battles
  • [A-O-G] A-O-G
So are you the 268 guy that was mad at me for not going hill in my AX on kurkishdada or what the heck ever that map was?:DIm sorry I'm not going up that hill alone with just you and two tomato heavies ain't gonna do it sorry.I know you're Mr deep blue 55% with a 8500 PR but you were wrong last night.

Dockmaster #10 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:50

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 42843 battles
  • [ACES] ACES

View PostNiteDog, on Nov 08 2018 - 13:13, said:

12 battles? Really? Maybe with your superior skill at only 12 games, you can add a thread that helps players improve instead of adding to the continued weight of Redundant, Whiny Threads. 

Another re-roll.

amerikafka #11 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:52

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14212 battles
Even if you have purple stats, telling others what to do is most often an indicator of red stats at being a human being. Especially if you try to do so with a bedside manner that kills patients.

NiteDog #12 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:55

Major

• Players
  • 27531 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostDockmaster, on Nov 08 2018 - 12:50, said:

Another re-roll.

Yeah, but I didn't want to accuse him of being that.

_Red_Saaryn_ #13 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:57

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 15903 battles
  • [-IKR-] -IKR-
The only advice i give in defense is " DONT GO FEKKIN LEMMING THIS IS DEFENSE!!!" when open field with 3 arty each side " please dont be filthy clickers and do counter battery/ focus top tier" and when they all go one side of the map " you idi*** spread fairly! They are going to butt rape us just because you couldnt spread fairly!!!"  

GeoMonster #14 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 30169 battles
  • [MUG-D] MUG-D
BUT ... how do we know who the GOOD players are?  After all, most of the GOOD players don't want us to use XVM, so how can we tell?   I guess we just assume that you are a tomato giving direction?

Bosch_3 #15 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:59

Private

• -Players-
  • 279 battles
:popcorn:  and the beat goes on....

Edited by Bosch_3, Nov 08 2018 - 22:00.

TDRHooRaH #16 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 22:11

Major

• Players
  • 23412 battles

View PostAngryFleshlight4482, on Nov 08 2018 - 15:07, said:

It's always the tomatoes screaming at their teams for being bad and not pushing with them. When will these players realize that when they are told that their play was wrong and it's entirely their fault that they died early in the match, that the better players on their team are right? This community is so toxic because bad players don't want to listen to good players and blaming the good players while the good players get mad at the bad plays bad players make... Why does it seem that only a small portion of the community are rational and sensible and the other part believes that the game is out to get them or the good players who don't die immediately, don't die because they are pansies or something... it's somewhat astonishing  logic of the average tomato on this game.

New or "bad" players don't care or know you can follow stats.

Now go grease yourself up or go out and find a woman.

Edited by TDRHooRaH, Nov 08 2018 - 22:13.

Staz211 #17 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 22:11

Major

• Players
  • 26942 battles

Regardless of the OP being an obvious alt-account meant for trolling the forums...

To answer the question; because most people suffer from this: 

https://en.m.wikiped...g–Kruger_effect

iAmEbola #18 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 22:16

Major

• -Players-
  • 11754 battles

"Why do bad players refuse to listen to the advice of good players?"

Ego.  

Nothing more, nothing less.

cloudwalkr #19 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 22:16

Major

• Players
  • 54530 battles

View Postgmotoman, on Nov 08 2018 - 21:21, said:

because about 65% of the good players in this game lack the social skills to give advice without being giant tools.    I have played this game hard for the last year.  And I can count on 2 hands the number of people that have given solid OBJECTIVE advice w/o being rude.   If you ask for advice, ask it on the forums then filter through the answers. You will get a mix of the following....
1. funny try to be funny comments

2. Advice given but will crucify you through stat shaming.
3. Solid advice given about

And you will notice if you keep asking questions the same people will keep giving you the good advice.  Watch those guys and listen to what they say. 

Ive seen you post similar things to this before and I just disagree.  

Threads started by people asking for genuine help, NOT posting in your style of passive aggressiveness and somewhat insulting nature, they get help.  The ONLY PEOPLE I ever truly see being stat shamed are the ones talking out their butts about things they don't know and refusing to listen to anyone who does.  

With respect, you come off as someone with an immediate attitude problem and that makes those who do work with people and try to help...not want to deal with you.  Again, if you need help...start a genuine thread politely asking for advice and you will get it.  I have also been running public training sessions for those interested.  If you have specific tanks, or issues you would like to work on...I'd be happy to jump in a room with you and see if I can help.

Are people out there that just want to insult based on stats...yes, but they generally leave those alone who are truly seeking help.

cloudwalkr #20 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 22:27

Major

• Players
  • 54530 battles

View PostGeoMonster, on Nov 08 2018 - 21:59, said:

BUT ... how do we know who the GOOD players are?  After all, most of the GOOD players don't want us to use XVM, so how can we tell?   I guess we just assume that you are a tomato giving direction?

My personal thoughts on this is I treat all my teammates as tomatoes and all my enemies as purple superstars.  If a teammate shows me they are aware and doing good things, I'll work with them.  If the guy drives out infront of 5 tanks and blows up in 10sec...I don't need XVM to tell me they're not good.

Usually, depending on what they are saying I can judge if they have a clue or not.  I fully understand how this is situational and not everyone has this ability due to lack of experience or knowledge.  With that being said, if a scout is passive scouting and some guy is sitting on the redline pinging the map over and over telling the scout to go scout...usually that's a trash player who doesn't realize what's happening.  You basically just have to be aware and look at what the person giving "instructions" is asking for.  Honestly, I usually ignore people in my matches because they are usually telling others to do something bad. 

With all this being said I usually get good responses when I ask for something because I try and be polite and usually will ask "X tank can you pls move up" or "X tank if you flank, I'll help cover" instead of "hey moron move your A.."

I'm so bad at double posting, sorry guys...lol

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users