Why do bad players refuse to listen to the advice of good players?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
121 replies to this topic

Staz211 #121 Posted Yesterday, 03:30 AM

Major

• Players
  • 26922 battles

View PostFlarvin, on Nov 12 2018 - 14:08, said:

So you have to take the geme seriously to be good? Really? 

Um......yes; yes you do. As with just about everything else in life 

spud_tuber #122 Posted Yesterday, 05:07 AM

Major

• Players
  • 52474 battles

View PostNeatoMan, on Nov 12 2018 - 09:18, said:

Also, no one is asking him to drive over open terrain and get shot to pieces, but if that's the only way he knows how to proceed forward, then no amount of advice will ever help.

There was a thread a while back asking something like "Assuming you're running XVM/recognize name, would you take advice from a good player in battle/do what he askes?"

My answer at the time was "If it makes sense",  which caught some flack.  I didn't expand upon my reasoning at the time.  However, what you've said here is part of the why, and since this thread touches on a similar subject,  I think I'll expand now.

If it doesn't make sense to me,  then one or more of the following is probably true:

The player is trying to (mis)use me to his benefit, but not necessarily mine or the team's. 

The player doesn't have all the info, and therefore is unintentionally giving bad advice. 

I have no idea what he wants me to do and/or how to effectively do whatever he wants me to do. 

In the latter 2 cases, there probably won't be time for enough communication to sort the issue out during battle,  unfortunately. In the first case, I'm not here to help him pad his WN8. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users