Jump to content


T-54 ltwt vsT-100 LT


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: T-54 ltwt vs T-100 LT (15 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

Which is the better/more enjoyable light tank?

  1. T-54 ltwt (3 votes [20.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 20.00%

  2. T-100 LT (12 votes [80.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 80.00%

Vote Hide poll

Staz211 #1 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 23:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 26922 battles
  • 3,816
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

I have the T-100 LT unlocked. I've heard amazing things about the T-100 LT, but I've also heard that Tier X light tanks aren't worth playing. I was never a light tank player until somewhat recently, when I began focusing on the old personal missions after my return to WoT, and the T-54 ltwt has somewhat grown on me. I had both it and the 1390 sitting in my garage from back before Tier X light tanks even existed. I had left accelerated crew training on for them until a month or two ago. 

 

For whatever it's worth, I'm also most of the way through the grind to the Sheridan, and could get to the AMX 13 105 fairly quickly if I wanted to. 

 

So, what's the community opinion: keep the T-54 ltwt, or upgrade to the T-100 LT? 



spud_tuber #2 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 23:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 52474 battles
  • 6,651
  • Member since:
    08-26-2013
Why not both?

_HyperLynx #3 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 23:29

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 17966 battles
  • 361
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
  • Member since:
    08-29-2014
I personally enjoy my T-100LT much more than the T-54 Lightweight. The T-100LT is amazing for pure scouting and that's the type of gameplay I look for in light tanks. Don't get me wrong, it can still brawl, but I really enjoy the fact that it has insane camo rating (the highest of all LT's and tanks on the move) and has a slight edge in the fact that it has a much smaller profile than the lightweight.

SparkyGT #4 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 23:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 46397 battles
  • 4,193
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
  • Member since:
    02-05-2012
im wondering about this also, the problem is only 1 good crew.

YANKEE137 #5 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 23:31

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 10571 battles
  • 3,447
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015
The Obj 432 premium light is coming out any day now, so we'll have a decent trainer for the first time.

Staz211 #6 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 23:58

    Major

  • Players
  • 26922 battles
  • 3,816
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

View Postspud_tuber, on Nov 08 2018 - 17:22, said:

Why not both?

 

View PostSparkyGT, on Nov 08 2018 - 17:30, said:

im wondering about this also, the problem is only 1 good crew.

 

This is why.

RC_1140 #7 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 00:07

    Major

  • Players
  • 59387 battles
  • 2,111
  • [OTTER] OTTER
  • Member since:
    06-13-2013
T-100 is the best light for scouting at t10 and possibly the entire game. I like the 13 105 best of the t10 lights for doing damage but that doesn't mean its gun is good at all. 

RC_1140 #8 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 00:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 59387 battles
  • 2,111
  • [OTTER] OTTER
  • Member since:
    06-13-2013

View Post_HyperLynx, on Nov 08 2018 - 14:29, said:

 (the highest of all LT's and tanks on the move) 

Of tier 10's yes. If you include all tiers its 4th by moving camo. 



Hurk #9 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 01:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 52075 battles
  • 17,325
  • [KGR] KGR
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012
two separate questions. there are plenty of better tanks i dont play because they are less enjoyable than ones i do play. 

Avalon304 #10 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 02:52

    Major

  • Players
  • 19876 battles
  • 8,566
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012
Both. Take the best crew (of 3 men) and slap them into the T-100 and then put 3 new crew members in the T-54 lt.

Staz211 #11 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 12:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 26922 battles
  • 3,816
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

I bought the T-100 LT. So far, it's been really rough. I've gotten a string of bad scout maps, and teams that melt faster than I can save them. 

 

That, and I got snap shoted from full HP by a 45%er in a FV 4005.....

 

So yea, I really don't have a feel for the tank yet.



That1Villain #12 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 12:11

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 22346 battles
  • 751
  • Member since:
    01-15-2015
T54 lwt used to be the best t9 light, now it's pretty atrocious to play, t100 on the other hand is capable in almost every map and is probably the best t10 light out of the bunch (yeah I said it Sheridan). Avalon's suggestion is what I'd go with and wait for the 432 to drop if you can get it to train your crew

thorus08 #13 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 13:51

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 26014 battles
  • 128
  • [WONKA] WONKA
  • Member since:
    12-28-2010

View PostStaz211, on Nov 09 2018 - 06:09, said:

I bought the T-100 LT. So far, it's been really rough. I've gotten a string of bad scout maps, and teams that melt faster than I can save them. 

 

That, and I got snap shoted from full HP by a 45%er in a FV 4005.....

 

So yea, I really don't have a feel for the tank yet.

FV meme barn is always fun to be on the receiving end of lol.  I have a love/hate relationship with those 183's.  I used to play LT's quite a bit and only just recently started playing them again working on the 260 missions, I feel like I don't have a feel for any of them tbh.  Most of the time when crap goes down it's my fault but I feel like I'm saying "how did that even happen?" more and more recently :(



Staz211 #14 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 14:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 26922 battles
  • 3,816
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

View Postthorus08, on Nov 09 2018 - 07:51, said:

FV meme barn is always fun to be on the receiving end of lol.  I have a love/hate relationship with those 183's.  I used to play LT's quite a bit and only just recently started playing them again working on the 260 missions, I feel like I don't have a feel for any of them tbh.  Most of the time when crap goes down it's my fault but I feel like I'm saying "how did that even happen?" more and more recently :(

 

Yea; I never really got into playing scouts until I returned from my three year hiatus and began focusing on the personal missions. I have all of the scout missions from the first campaign done. Just trying to grab LT15-4 with honors at some point for the Order. 

 

I've grow to like scouts. I play them a bit too aggressively, and more combat oriented than I normally should, but overall I've found them enjoyable and the missions completable. I actually did LT15-4 by mistake on Fisherman's Bay... 



4TankersAndDog #15 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 17:20

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 26542 battles
  • 1,943
  • [122MM] 122MM
  • Member since:
    07-12-2013

The T-100LT is more fun to play, the T-54lt is more OP for it's tier.

 

So, the right answer is the LT-432 :P



UnturnedLeaf #16 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 18:25

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 24302 battles
  • 45
  • [DG-HD] DG-HD
  • Member since:
    03-05-2017

View Post4TankersAndDog, on Nov 09 2018 - 10:20, said:

The T-100LT is more fun to play, the T-54lt is more OP for it's tier.

 

So, the right answer is the LT-432 :P

 

Tankers!! i didn't know you were a college prof!! lol

ThePigSheFlies #17 Posted Nov 10 2018 - 02:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 64673 battles
  • 16,503
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

I do not enjoy the T100LT as much as the T54LTWT.  therefore I kept my crew in the LTWT working on their 6th set of skills, and then put commander bolton and two lady crew members into the T100LT.  crew is on their 4th set of skills, except the commander working his 5th set.

 

being top tier in 3/5/7 in a T100LT with it's horrible dpm, on city and funnel maps is definitely not as enjoyable as the same type of match in the tier 9 LTWT - and in an all tier 10 match, on a tiny/city/funnel map if you get the bot team that has zero staying power your ability to help stall it is also limited.

 

full disclosure, I have only 18 battles in my t100LT since I put a crew in it a couple of weeks ago, but probably a thousand on various common test iterations where I tended to normalize at my typicalish ~55% w/r in it.

 

I have the T100LT mainly for an extra tank in clanwars - it's certainly not needed for missions, and to me it's definitely not as fun in pubs.



Staz211 #18 Posted Nov 10 2018 - 05:06

    Major

  • Players
  • 26922 battles
  • 3,816
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Nov 09 2018 - 20:47, said:

I do not enjoy the T100LT as much as the T54LTWT.  therefore I kept my crew in the LTWT working on their 6th set of skills, and then put commander bolton and two lady crew members into the T100LT.  crew is on their 4th set of skills, except the commander working his 5th set.

 

being top tier in 3/5/7 in a T100LT with it's horrible dpm, on city and funnel maps is definitely not as enjoyable as the same type of match in the tier 9 LTWT - and in an all tier 10 match, on a tiny/city/funnel map if you get the bot team that has zero staying power your ability to help stall it is also limited.

 

full disclosure, I have only 18 battles in my t100LT since I put a crew in it a couple of weeks ago, but probably a thousand on various common test iterations where I tended to normalize at my typicalish ~55% w/r in it.

 

I have the T100LT mainly for an extra tank in clanwars - it's certainly not needed for missions, and to me it's definitely not as fun in pubs.

 

As the resident LT expert, I'll take your feedback into heavy consideration. 

 

I only have a few games in the T-100LT, but so far my experience seems to mirror your own. I'm not having as much fun, and am a bit more frustrated if anything. 

 

Who knows, maybe I'll end up re-buying the T-54 ltwt in the near future. I'm going to give the T-100LT a bit longer to prove itself, though. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users